And why?
It is a typical Ganbatte-sports manga so far. Nothing much happened in the first chapter. For once I liked it that an introduction chapter wasn't packed full of new characters and twists. However I don't think swimming is a very appealing theme for a sport manga. It might be another Fujioshi title but the first title didn't give me that impression.
As far as I can tell, Hinomaru ZUmou is the best sports title since Eyeshield 21. Best Blue might have to step up the game if it does not want to rely on the fujyoshi-fanbase. Anyways, it is a tad unfair to judge a manga solely based on the first chapter
I pretty much agree with you except on the best sport title thing (well, I think any topic can be good for a shounen manga too, but that's another thing), I never read Eyeshield, but I think Haikyuu is probably the best sports manga in Jump of the 2010's (so far), I mean, for me, it doesn't seem to have such a deliberate appeal to the fujoshi market (though, as any good shounen sports series, it ends up appealing to that fandom one way or another) and it's actually pretty realistic for a Jump series
Don't get me wrong, I like all the sports series in the current Jump (Haikyuu, Hinomaru, SujiPin, and Best Blue), and while Hinomaru has a lot of really cool parts, it just isn't that exciting as a whole as Haikyuu
With all that said, I don't understand why some people are bashing Best Blue, as I said before, I actually liked the first chapter, Hirakata's artwork is actually fitting for the genre and the overall story so far looked like a good mid-point between Free and Haikyuu (I mean, the MC and the coach are pretty much Hinata and the coach from Haikyuu and the whole island setting and some of the character designs in the CP remind me of Free characters), and I think that's quite good, because both are IPs that sell a lot in every possible way
And you know, I'm actually beginning to think that the series people go out of their way to bash here because of reasons like these are the ones that will actually survive in Jump (*cough* Black Clover *cough*)