Toei animation long running anime, adapted from manga, from 1960 to 1970:
-
Galaxy Express 999(21 volume Manga from 1977 to 1987, 113 episodes TV anime from 1978 to 1981, 6 episodes ONA from 2002 to 2004)
-
Space Pirate CAPTAIN HARLOCK(5 volume manga from 1977 to 1979, 42 episodes TV anime from 1978 to 1979)
-
Candy Candy(9 volume manga from 1975 to 1979, 115 episodes TV anime from 1976 to 1979) Note:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2003-09-13
-
Mazinger Z(10 volume manga from 1972 to 1974, 92 episodes TV anime from 1972 to 1974)
-
Tiger Mask(14 volume manga from 1968 to 1971, 105 episodes TV anime from 1969 to 1971, 33 episodes TV anime from 1981 to 1982(Tiger Mask II))
-
Moretsu Atarou(12 volumes manga from 1967-1970, 90 episodes TV anime from 1969 to 1970, 34 episodes TV anime in 1990)
-
The Secret of Akko-chan(3 volume manga from 1962 to 1965, 94 episodes TV anime from 1969 to 1970, 61 episodes TV anime from 1988 to 1989, 44 episodes TV anime from 1998 to 1999)
-
Gegege no Kitaro(9 volumes manga from 1960 to 1969, 65 episodes TV anime from 1968 to 1969, 45 episodes TV anime from 1971 to 1972, 108 episodes TV anime from 1985 to 1988, 114 episodes TV anime from 1996 to 1998, 100 episodes TV anime from 2007 to 2009, 11 episodes TV anime in 2008(Hakaba no Kitaro))
-
Sally, the Witch(1 volume manga from 1966 to 1967, 109 episodes TV anime from 1966 to 1968, 88 episodes TV anime from 1989 to 1991)
From all this series none of them went on break to wait for enough content and then got back.
Toei anime short running anime, adapted from manga, from 2015 to 1970:
Coming soon.
---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------
I'm seeing that you're the deafest person in the planet Earth. Didn't I said time and time again, that the list I gave you
ARE ALL THE LONG RUNNING SERIES ADAPTATIONS FROM MANGA THAT TOEI DID SINCE 1985!!!
I Didn't gave you a random list of 34 series. The 34 series are all the series Toei did. And the special case you're asking is part of the list I gave. Or are you arguing that they aren't? Explain why they aren't.
You also seem to have reading comprehension! I said,
"what other show of Toei stopped because it caught up to the manga and was brought back again after enough content was made? Let me tell you. None!".
Saint Seiya, Kinnikuman and Kindaichi don't contradict what I said here. The thing here is not about a series coming back later, but a series coming back after getting enough content! Nor Saint Seiya, nor Kinnikuman nor Kindaichi came back when they had enough content to adapt. They didn't even came back after their series ended, but only a lot of years after that. Basically only after at least 1 generation later(1 Generation = 5 years).
Also I don't know why you focus so much in that sentence, when is obvious I said it pretty vaguely. Funny is that you argued that sentence was wrong with "show me", when you should yourself prove me wrong.
It was me that took the effort to check if what I was saying was right! It shouldn't be, because here you're the one saying that what will POSSIBLY to Toriko is HIGHLY PROBABLE.
Proving that sentence is wrong doesn't change in nothing my main argument! That the probability of Toriko getting a continuation after Dragon Ball Super is slim.
So Fairy Tail Studio Bailing out and Hunter x Hunter changing studios don't have any say in the "Toriko will have a Toei animation adaptation after Dragon Ball Super"? And I thought that the animation studio, that are the ones waiting, was the key point in the conversation.
Now I want prove of this
"was restarted because they wanted to gain new fans, as less people would have jumped on the ship "Hunter x Hunter" if the story started at the middle", I want a reliable source!
We are talking of Toriko returning as a TV anime after Dragon Ball Super, did you already forgot what is the all point of this discussion? How is Prince of the Tennis returning as a OVA series has anything to do with what we're talking? What got another TV animation was New Prince of Tennis and not Prince of Tennis. Last time I looked Toriko didn't had a sequel series.
At that point in time Gintama was your only series! Am I some kind of clairvoyant that know what you gonna bring in the table in the future?
Did I ever said that Gintama was the only case of an anime returning? NO, I didn't! What I said is that is rare, and so improbable to happen to Toriko and that your defense was all made just with Gintama. And it was!
Adding Inuyasha doesn't change anything. Now your defense is just made with Inuyasha and Gintama. Show me that something like this is a pretty frequent occurrence and not something that sometimes happens. Remember your case was that it was highly probable that this was what was happening to Toriko!
Hajime no Ippo series didn't ended because it caught up with the series! Madhouse ended the series in volume 31, but the manga was already at volume 60. They had content to adapt another 76 episodes at the pacing they were going.
The second adaptation wasn't a continuation either, it jumped 14 volumes(volume 45) and ended at volume 47, when the manga at the time already had 84 volumes.
The third adaptation indeed continued from where the second left of, but it ended when it had a ton of content left, 45 volumes.
Hajime no Ippo is totally irrelevant to this discussion!
Captain Tsubasa returned as an OVA not a TV anime, and only 1 year after the manga ended. All the rest is an OVA of the spin-off, 1 mix remake and an anime series of the sequel manga!
Captain Tsubasa is also totally irrelevant to this discussion! Remember, you're not defending that Toriko can have a remake or an OVA somewhere in the future!
Lupin anime doesn't follow the manga, so this is also Irrelevant. Before you also say Ghost in the Shell, I warn you this: Is the same thing as Lupin. The TV anime series don't follow the manga.
Remember, Your defense is: Toriko anime follows the manga and that is the reason why it stopped, because is waiting for material to return.
How is Ashita no Joe an example of a series that stopped because it caught out and waited for enough content when the 2nd anime came 7 years after the manga ended? What where they doing in those 7 years?
Remember, your defense is: Toriko is returning after Dragon Ball Super because is just waiting for enough content. This being the case is highly probable.
You ask me for specifics, even when I already explained why isn't needed, and then you just throw every series that has a 2nd series/season? Will you start also to throw the names of seasonal series with 2,3,4 seasons?
How does any of those series you said help in your case? How does they relate with increasing Toriko chances of returning after enough content is gathered? Nothing.
It seems like we are arguing 2 completely different things. You that someday in some form, doesn't matter how much time passes or how deformed it will be, Toriko will return. And me that Toriko just waiting for content to return, and that will specifically return after Dragon Ball Super ends is highly improbable.
I was going to fetch the short series of Toei, but I'm not gonna do it, they are pretty irrelevant for the conversation. If you want to know go look yourself. I already gave you the link.
Warning: Show me a strong case proving the High frequency of cases like Toriko, or why Toriko is in this case, or I will not respond anymore! I already put to much effort into this.