Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
You are bringing list of series irrelevant of this discussion (because they haven't stopped due to catching up to the manga), but I'm the one saying irrelevant series?Funny XD

I said Toriko anime, didn't say TV Anime. Being OVA, skipping 5 vols or whatever, it doesn't really matter, it is still continuation of the anime story. Hell, Toriko already skipped some content at the end, guess if it returns you will say it skipped 3-4 chapters, thus it's not a continuation XD Current Toei team is busy with DB Super, that's why I said after it. And I only continued talking about Toriko TV anime, because you had all those specifications and restrictions.

"Or don't you understand that when you filter that list to conform to that specification you're making the list shorter?" and you fail to understand that you are doing the exact same thing. You are adding so many specifications and excuses to filter lists: no OVA, no different studio, no remake, no continuation after manga end, no continuation after 10 years, no this, no that. That's ridiculous. It doesn't really matter if it took them 5 or 10 years, did they returned with the anime? Yes. Did they continue making series for the franchise (Omega)? Yes. Then it means they still care about that franchise and it's not abandoned, like you try making it sound as they were "never continued". And you are the one that adds rediculous filters, to fit your point. And when you can't filter something like that, you make it "exception".

Yeah, sure I'm deaf. You said series ended due catching up and never come back, I asked to give me a list of those series, you are giving me a list of all their manga adaptations. I ask again, and again, you don't provide. And I'm the deaf one XD Funny dude XD So I should filter that list on my own to prove your point or something? Why you just didn't give me what I asked? And you kept saying none of those 34 titles -> "Because, from 34 series, during 35 years, only 3 series having a continuation doesn't prove" why are you basing your theory on 34 series who have no relation to the discussion (of shows returning after catching up)? Even more, you gave some completed shows or still ongoing and you still based your theory that only 3 of 34 have continued.

Yeah, I have reading comprehension. Like I'm also the deaf one. "but a series coming back after getting enough content" so Saint Seiya didn't return with the remaining content? Nor Kinnikuman? Nor Kindachi? Except you already said they returned to continue the anime adaptations. "having enough content" you are the one with the reading comprehensions, as that doesn't mean RETURN IMMEDIATELY ONCE IT HAVE CONTENT. Because even 30 chapters are content and they can make 5-10 episodes of them, does it mean they have to return then? It may take 2-3 or 10 years, once they feel it's the time, or once they are free of other projects. And you provided information that they returned, only that you made excuses to ignore them.

"when you should yourself prove me wrong" I asked you to show me, to prove your point. It doesn't really need me to prove you wrong, if you can't prove yourself right. And you not giving me what I asked, but other, doesn't prove you right.
"It was me that took the effort to check if what I was saying was right" hahaha so you are saying that you weren't sure you were right and just blatantly said that in hopes to be right? Funny again XD

"Let me just say this. The only example that you have of a long running anime coming back again is Gintama, and that isn't from Toei and it was meant to not return anymore(This was officially said by the author and the studio), but it did. Gintama is the exception, not the norm. " there is no specification if being long running anime that caught up to the manga. That's why I gave examples of long running anime series that come back, as that's what is read in your comment. But naturally, I'm deaf and have reading problems, it obviously say something else, right? I'm not defending Toriko's return with FT or HxH (although both caught up and ended and were later continued), I'm only mentioning them as show that returned. If you want prove for HxH, go look it for yourself, I have no intention of lurking in 4 years old archives, especially since you love making excuses to ignore lists.

PoT: like I said, the anime returned, just like Gintama, FT and many other long running returned. NPoT is only because it changed magazines, story continued directly, so it doesn't really matter. When Toriko ended Part 1, there was 1 month break until Part 2 starts. Whatever part 2 being in different or same magazine, it's still continuation.

Me mentioning only Gintama, doesn't mean it's the only case (just like you said now), so don't know why you assume that is my only defense. Except you think I'm one big idiot that have no knowledge and you know much more. You making stupid assumption I have only 1 case (when I didn't specify it's the only), it's your own fault.

"Show me that something like this is a pretty frequent occurrence" hahahah just like I asked you to show me a list of Toei titles that caught up and didn't continue to see for myself if it's a frequent occurrence like you made it to be and you didn't provide? So now you demand it from me XD Why don't you go and prove me wrong, like you said it to me XD

Hajime no Ippo: "second adaptation wasn't a continuation either, it jumped 14 volumes" you have some serious problems, honestly. And how that is not continuation? Jumped 14 volumes and continued the story from there is freaking continuation if you ask any normal person. So what if it skipped some material? A lot of adaptations skip material. They can also add the significant information from those vols as flashbacks, or completely ignore them if they are not that significant and though the anime adaptation doesn't need them. But that still make it continuation. Stop making stupid excuses to filter examples against you. I can also start making very stupid excuses to ignore all your points too, but it won't make me correct, just like you are not correct here too.

Captain Tsubasa: did return, also had TV sequel, but again excuses to ignore it.

Lupin: I know, but you obviously count those as the list of 34 titles had examples of shows that doesn't follow the manga XD But again it's against you, so you ignore it, but it works for your defense XD No I won't mention GitS as it isn't lengthy.

Ashita no Joe: whatever they want, they are not obligated to return immediately once there is content (even 30 chapters are enough for 12 eps). Stop making excuses. Toriko in reality can end just like 1 year from now or 5 years. And if it end after 1 year and they make continuation after 2 years, you will ask them what were they doing that 1 year? And you won't accept it? XD


"Remember, Your defense is: Toriko anime follows the manga and that is the reason why it stopped, because is waiting for material to return. You ask me for specifics, even when I already explained why isn't needed, and then you just throw every series that has a 2nd series/season? Will you start also to throw the names of seasonal series with 2,3,4 seasons?
How does any of those series you said help in your case? How does they relate with increasing Toriko chances of returning after enough content is gathered? Nothing.
"
Now you are asking me to show you shows that continued after they stopped due to catching up to the manga, but there is no specification of them being long running. And if I do, you are saying it up front that you will ignore it. It's pretty obvious that you take only what's convenient for you, all against you is ignored or turned to exception. And how any list I or you provide, can increase/decrease Toriko chance? Toriko it's on it's own, it doesn't depend on past cases. Guess Toei is doing that: "hey we never continued a show after catching up, so lets never do it" or "we never adapted a manga from that magazine, so lets never do it"

"Warning: Show me a strong case proving the High frequency of cases like Toriko, or why Toriko is in this case, or I will not respond anymore! I already put to much effort into this."
- There are quite high frequency cases, but you will ignore them because they are shorter anime series (like 26 episodes). A lot series ended due to catching up to the manga, and a lot were continued (both by OVA or TV). Couple of those were long running like Toriko. You were ready to give list of shorter series, but naturally you won't accept if I give shorter series XD Don't go making up excuses to ignore shows and you will have high frequent cases. Then stop responding, I totally don't mind it. I stopped demanding your answer (for myself) 2-3 posts ago.

As I said, Toriko is it's own case, just like FT and HxH are their own cases. And even if you give me 500 examples of some cases, that doesn't warrant it will happen the same thing with the 501st case too. Something being frequent occurrence or not, doesn't guarantee that next will be same case. Even if Gintama or Inuyasha are the only accepted by you, they don't neither increase or decrease Toriko chances. They only provide it had happened in the past, so it can happen to others too. Okay, so you believe it's slim (based on cases not related of Toriko), I believe it's very high, end of conversation, I won't continue discussing this anymore, but you are free to reply again if you wish, just don't except any kind of answer.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Why don't you guys PM each other or something? These texts walls are making viewing this thread a major pain. I'm pretty both of you have already said everything there is to be said about whether or not Toriko will get more anime.
 

Unok

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2007
Messages
703
Reaction score
2,915
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I said I won't be discussing it anymore. And anyone was free to join too.
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So Pochi Kuro will end with 4 volumes, just like My Animal. Both series sold very very poorly so it was expected. But at least both authors evolved a lot , I'd like to see them back in WSJ in the future.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Dude what? Pochikuro (and iShoujo) was probably the only decent series running in Jump+...
I know right! I'm running out of reasons to visit their website

but their first anniversary is coming up so I hope they come up with something interesting then

You mean BLdlive?
you mean Reborn 2.0 by one trick pony-sensei?
 
Last edited:

DoctorApollo

Artist
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
437
Reaction score
276
Gender
Male
Country
Israel
Is it really Reborn 2.0? In that case I wanna read it
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Bleach's new upcoming fanbook will feature tributes drawn by various mangaka with Kishimoto being one of them.

Also, Bleach's mobile game received over 1 million downloads after 4 days of release.
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Wow, this week's Nisekoi chapter was so bad. That has to be punished by the rankings in 8-9 weeks from now. And Kenpachi should have saved Bleach for one or two chapters in the rankings.
I was wondering, will the character popularity poll for MHA in eWSJ be merged with the japanese votes?
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
1 down, 5 to go

I can't care less about Nisekoi or if the series is really ending

Seeing its fans reactions when the ships start sinking everywhere should be priceless
 

conankudo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2013
Messages
456
Reaction score
389
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
It would be a great twist if Raku would discover his secret feelings for Shu. #BLisekoi
 

chrisbj

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2015
Messages
191
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bleach's new upcoming fanbook will feature tributes drawn by various mangaka with Kishimoto being one of them.

Also, Bleach's mobile game received over 1 million downloads after 4 days of release.
Is the Kishimoto illustration confirmed?
 
Last edited:

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Is the Kishimoto illustration confirmed?
It's apparently written in the below image. Also mentioned that there will be an interview with Kubo regarding the fanbook, popularity poll and his plans from now.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's apparently written in the below image. Also mentioned that there will be an interview with Kubo regarding the fanbook, popularity poll and his plans from now.
Bu-bu-but Bleach will never reach its sales peak! It should be canceled! Ahaha.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Bu-bu-but Bleach will never reach its sales peak! It should be canceled! Ahaha.
Is this is you taking a shot at me? weak

I already said everything I wanted to say about bleach last week, so I won't argue about it again

I think you should know after my little rant I started binge-reading bleach, I'm at the of the end Arrancar arcs, after Kubo went full YYH, Ichigo defeated Aizen & lost his powers

I'm gonna stop here & drop it again, because this where i think the series should have ended & I don't really care what will happen next

After reading more than 300 chapters I still don't like it, but I see the appeal & why some people like it
 
Last edited:

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
If Bleach Doesnt get a new anime now for his anniversary he wont have a chance anymore to get it.Crossed fingers
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top