Help Short & Quick Translation Request Thread [Thread for members with little/no JP/C/K knowledge. OP for

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Sorry is this...
We must not let him reach his perfect form.
His goal is not the death of Son Goku anymore, he plans to destroy the whole universe!


please can someone translate this text?

ビルスさまの行いは
自然の摂理と同じ。
嵐が過ぎ去るのを
ただ待つしかあるまい。
そんな…。今度は 星だけに とどまらず→
宇宙ごと なくなってしまうかもしれんのう。
う… 宇宙ごと?
Birusu-sama's deeds are
the same as the law of nature.
[We] can only wait until
the storm passes.
That can't be... This time [he] might not stop only at the planet [TN: knowing the context, probably 'at the destruction of the planet']
the universe itself may even disappear.
Th... The universe itself?
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
hey mikkih
that one was already answered by Utsune with "Gojou, overlook this." I think overlook fits better with the characters personality, could you help me with the other one? (posted right above your response) they are talking about people being equal & sharing right before that
Hi, as you see on my sig, I'm not active in summer while traveling. Anyway, overlook and let someone go are practically the same. The only thing is that a person (... wo) is generally omitted before みのがしておやり minogashite oyari, so it's up to you whether you use 'this' or a person.
 

Goldberg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
 
Last edited:

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
本気を出した戦いを始める18号とベジータだったが、無限のエネルギーを持つ人造人間に対して、
 

Goldberg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia


What says the right part about the tons.
 

BoatingFurball9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
本気を出した戦いを始める18号とベジータだったが、無限のエネルギーを持つ人造人間に対して、
This is what I came up with, had to learn some new Japanese for the ending.

This fight between number 18 and Vegeta is beginning to get serious, but the android possesses infinite energy in comparison.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 AM ----------

Hmm. Some of the more complex kanji are hard to read, and given my level knowledge it is not easy. I took a crack at anyway but had to take a break two sentences in. I hope this is somewhat helpful.

I think these are the kana and kanji of the first two lines.

黄金聖闘士が三位一体となって放つ.
この技この技は究極まで高めだ。

I'm not fully trusting my work here, but if it helps I am glad. I may try some more lines later, or someone else can pick up where I left off. If only I could read the more complex kanji, which begin to look like ink blots in this format.

The Golden Saint can become free with the holy trinity. This technique can give ultimate power.
 
Last edited:

Shiratori99

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The text is:

黄金聖闘士が三位一体となって放つ
この技は究極まで高めたゴールドの攻撃的小宇宙が一点に集中するため
その破壊力は小規模ながら宇宙創造のビッグ・バンにも匹敵する...
 
Last edited:

Goldberg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Of course thanks is very useful, Im only interested, in that text if really said the athena exlamation have the same destructive force of big bang in little scale.
 

Shiratori99

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 3, 2014
Messages
33
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Of course thanks is very useful, Im only interested, in that text if really said the athena exlamation have the same destructive force of big bang in little scale.
Yes.
 

BoatingFurball9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The Golden Saint can become free with the holy trinity. This technique can give ultimate power. Gold's microcosm of aggression will concentrate on a single point. That destructive force, while small in scale, will rival the creation of universe during the big bang.

My skills are low, so take this with a grain of salt. But yep, it was about the force of an attack rivaling the big bang. I found it interesting that the four kanji together before the katakana of big bang literally mean universe creation. 宇宙創造 uchuu souzou.
 

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
[Japanese -> English]conversation

context: King Kai talk to goku about a god of space called beerus whose function is to destroy things. (planets, stars ...)
(界王)ビルスさまは 神だ。→ この世のバランスのためには 物を生み出す神様もいれば→ 破壊する神様も必要なんだ。 そいつは もちろん 強えんだろ? 強いなんてレベルではない! この世の全てを破壊できる お方だぞ。 誰も 手も足も出せんさ。 そいつは 楽しみだなぁ。

doubt: I believe the world that he refers should be about the universe when he says that God beerus can destroy the world. Am I right?
 
Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
[Japanese -> English]conversation

context: King Kai talk to goku about a god of space called beerus whose function is to destroy things. (planets, stars ...)
(界王)ビルスさまは 神だ。→ この世のバランスのためには 物を生み出す神様もいれば→ 破壊する神様も必要なんだ。 そいつは もちろん 強えんだろ? 強いなんてレベルではない! この世の全てを破壊できる お方だぞ。 誰も 手も足も出せんさ。 そいつは 楽しみだなぁ。

doubt: I believe the world that he refers should be about the universe when he says that God beerus can destroy the world. Am I right?
The term is '(kono) yo,' which means '(this) world.' Meaning of 'world' could also include the universe, and personally I would reserve the term 'universe' for when they actually use the word for universe in Japanese.
 

Goldberg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
In literal terms Snake Way has 1,000,000 kilometers, or more than 1,000,000 km?
 

BoatingFurball9

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2015
Messages
4
Reaction score
4
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's an approximation. He's literally saying the path has "about one million kilometers or something like that." I am lost on the meaning of the れば after よります(Which I'm taking to mean "based on, According to") in the second post. Ignoring it, I came up with this English version: "Yes, According to a good source it is about one million kilometers or something like that." 
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
It's an approximation. He's literally saying the path has "about one million kilometers or something like that." I am lost on the meaning of the れば after よります(Which I'm taking to mean "based on, According to") in the second post. Ignoring it, I came up with this English version: "Yes, According to a good source it is about one million kilometers or something like that." 
I'm not too familiar but perhaps it's a slightly archaic way of speaking. The common form would simply be いい伝えによれば as you suspected.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Goldberg

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
 
Last edited:

valfranx

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Antarctica
conversation:
context: kaio warns to Goku, fighting with beerus-sama could bring the destruction of the universe, the more he does not care.

ビルスさまは 今まで
お前が戦ってきたやつとは→


次元が違うんだ。


お前なんぞ
鼻息ひとつで 鼻くそみたいに→


宇宙の果てまで 吹っ飛ぶぐらいの力をお持ちなんだ。


はぁー。


だからこそ
戦ってみてぇんじゃねえか。


楽しみだな。
(界王)悟空!
 

Tanequil

Translator
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 24, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
67
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Beerus-sama is in a different league from the guys that you've fought up till now.

For someone like you, he has the power to blow you to the ends of the universe with a single breath like he would a booger.

Haa-

(if it's the person warning him) That's why it's not a fight you'd just try.
(if it's goku) That's why I'm not fighting him on a whim

Looking forward to it.

(Kaio) Goku!

----------
Would appreciate if you acknowledged me in your scans :P
 
Top