Team - Mirajane and Erza vs Natsu and Gajeel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Takes palce in the Alvarz arc .
Which team wins ?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu and Gajeel will win.Natsu has surpassed His opponents individually.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Mirajane and Erza win with medium diff. I can't see a way that Natsu and Gajeel could win against two S-Class mages. I say it would be like this:

Erza > Natsu high diff. Erza will have a hard time against Natsu, but once he is weakened enough Erza can take him down with her Nakagami Armor.

Mirajane > Gajeel mid diff. Mirajane can one shot Gajeel if he isn't in his Iron Shadow Dragon form. If he is, she can beat him while he is out of the shadows. It will be hard to catch him though.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
How strong is Gajeel and Mira is the question. So I'm just going to guess their levels, that Gajeel is around Gray level and Mira is slightly under that. So Gajeel beats Mirajane high diff.

To me Natsu would beat Erza around medium difficulty. I still don't see a way around Natsu's offense, but Erza is tough enough to make this a fight.

So the boys win, without DF.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Mirajane and Erza win with medium diff. I can't see a way that Natsu and Gajeel could win against two S-Class mages. I say it would be like this:

Erza > Natsu high diff. Erza will have a hard time against Natsu, but once he is weakened enough Erza can take him down with her Nakagami Armor.

Mirajane > Gajeel mid diff. Mirajane can one shot Gajeel if he isn't in his Iron Shadow Dragon form. If he is, she can beat him while he is out of the shadows. It will be hard to catch him though.
Natsu will use DF and defeat Mirajane and Erza alone.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Natsu will use DF and defeat Mirajane and Erza alone.
Natsu can't take Erza and Mirajane down on his own, even if he uses Dragon Force. Dragon Force is not the only trump card that can be used in this battle. How about Erza's Nakagami Armor? And Mirajane's Seilah Soul? Natsu and Gajeel can't attack if they're possessed by Macro. In the mean time, Erza can take them out.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Natsu can't take Erza and Mirajane down on his own, even if he uses Dragon Force. Dragon Force is not the only trump card that can be used in this battle. How about Erza's Nakagami Armor? And Mirajane's Seilah Soul? Natsu and Gajeel can't attack if they're possessed by Macro. In the mean time, Erza can take them out.
Natsu in his DF is 3X Stronger than his base state.He is stronger than laxus in this state.So Why Can't he take down Erza and Mirajane Solo.Mirajane can't use Macro like Sayla.Macro will not Work on Natsu as He is a Demon.Moreover,You are forgetting that Gajeel should have DF Now.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Natsu in his DF is 3X Stronger than his base state.He is stronger than laxus in this state.So Why Can't he take down Erza and Mirajane Solo.Mirajane can't use Macro like Sayla.Macro will not Work on Natsu as He is a Demon.Moreover,You are forgetting that Gajeel should have DF Now.
  • In my humble opinion, logically, a demon Take-Over mage should be stronger than a demon being taken over by him/her. That's why a demon Take-Over mage is capable of taking over a demon. Mira can take over Sayla so automatically Mira is stronger than Sayla.
  • "Mira can't use Macro like Sayla"? To be honest, I am amazed by the way Mira quickly took over Sayla's Macro after she was aware if she can't fully take over Sayla in that fight in Hell's Core. She immediately used Sayla's Macro to order Elfman to attack Sayla.
  • "Macro will not work on Natsu as he is a demon"? Did you put this based on Sayla can't use Macro on Mira? Mira can't be affected by Macro thanks to her Take-Over, not because she is a demon.
  • I don't count DF because Natsu can't use it at will. He will need time to activate DF. After all, until now Gajeel still has yet to show that he is able to activate DF at will.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
  • In my humble opinion, logically, a demon Take-Over mage should be stronger than a demon being taken over by him/her. That's why a demon Take-Over mage is capable of taking over a demon. Mira can take over Sayla so automatically Mira is stronger than Sayla.
  • "Mira can't use Macro like Sayla"? To be honest, I am amazed by the way Mira quickly took over Sayla's Macro after she was aware if she can't fully take over Sayla in that fight in Hell's Core. She immediately used Sayla's Macro to order Elfman to attack Sayla.
  • "Macro will not work on Natsu as he is a demon"? Did you put this based on Sayla can't use Macro on Mira? Mira can't be affected by Macro thanks to her Take-Over, not because she is a demon.
  • I don't count DF because Natsu can't use it at will. He will need time to activate DF. After all, until now Gajeel still has yet to show that he is able to activate DF at will.
Well He Activated it against Mard Geer.Wendy can activate it according to her will.So Why Can't He Use It like Wendy.Macro didn't work on Mirajane because She Had Demon Particles in her like Demons.Show Me Where it is stated Macro Works on Demons.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Well He Activated it against Mard Geer.Wendy can activate it according to her will.So Why Can't He Use It like Wendy.Macro didn't work on Mirajane because She Had Demon Particles in her like Demons.Show Me Where it is stated Macro Works on Demons.
  • I think Natsu can activate his DF in that battle because he angered at Gray's sacrifice. If I remember correctly, Natsu entered DF mode after he saw Gray's condition. Of course Wendy is different. Every Dragon Slayers I think has their own speciality. Wendy may activate DF at will, but Natsu and Gajeel may not.
  • Actually, if you ask me, Mira and Sayla in that battle were in the same boat (Mira also clearly stated this). Their abilities are contrary to each other. Mira's Take-Over can't absorb Sayla. Sayla's Macro can't work on Mira.
  • Indeed, manga stated Sayla never said she can take control over a demon. But, not telling if you can't use Macro on a demon doesn't mean you can't use it on a demon, right? Also, if Macro doesn't work on a demon, why did Sayla use Macro on herself? Sayla is a demon, isn't she?

Mystic Mistral

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
India
  • I think Natsu can activate his DF in that battle because he angered at Gray's sacrifice. If I remember correctly, Natsu entered DF mode after he saw Gray's condition. Of course Wendy is different. Every Dragon Slayers I think has their own speciality. Wendy may activate DF at will, but Natsu and Gajeel may not.
  • Actually, if you ask me, Mira and Sayla in that battle were in the same boat (Mira also clearly stated this). Their abilities are contrary to each other. Mira's Take-Over can't absorb Sayla. Sayla's Macro can't work on Mira.
  • Indeed, manga stated Sayla never said she can take control over a demon. But, not telling if you can't use Macro on a demon doesn't mean you can't use it on a demon, right? Also, if Macro doesn't work on a demon, why did Sayla use Macro on herself? Sayla is a demon, isn't she?
I agree with ahmadrizqik .
Natsu isn't a demon yet [ E.N.D has not been awakened as of now , so he's pure human now ] .
Mirajane is takeover mage , who's fundamental ability IS to take over other abstract/nonabstract matter .
Also this ability of her's combined with the demon particles inside her give her an additional ability called ''Demon Superiority'' which will alow her to take control of other demons [she could do this even before getting Macro, She couldn't use it on Sayla because of he nature of Sayla's curse which negated both their magic's effect .]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Mirajane doesn't need Macro to control Demons . She can do it with her ''take over '' magic itself . Macro allows her to control non demons things also . So if we go by your argument [ie Natsu is already a demon ] , Mira could take over him [ I personally don't think that ''power'' is a deciding factor when it comes to using takeover]

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
I still has yet to choose who will win this. I would say draw. But, if given the prolonged battle, for example 5 rounds, I would say the boys will win 3 rounds and the girls will win 2 rounds. Erza and Natsu obviously are superior to their partners. I believe Erza has amazing recovery ability. I am impressed Erza still can fight against Jose Porla after she received Jupiter cannon blast, against Master Hades after her battle vs Azuma, against Kyouka after those conditions (you know what I mean). But still, I believe the boys have more stamina than the girls. Put the blame on Mira xD

Last edited:

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I agree with ahmadrizqik .
Natsu isn't a demon yet [ E.N.D has not been awakened as of now , so he's pure human now ] .
Mirajane is takeover mage , who's fundamental ability IS to take over other abstract/nonabstract matter .
Also this ability of her's combined with the demon particles inside her give her an additional ability called ''Demon Superiority'' which will alow her to take control of other demons [she could do this even before getting Macro, She couldn't use it on Sayla because of he nature of Sayla's curse which negated both their magic's effect .]
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Mirajane doesn't need Macro to control Demons . She can do it with her ''take over '' magic itself . Macro allows her to control non demons things also . So if we go by your argument [ie Natsu is already a demon ] , Mira could take over him [ I personally don't think that ''power'' is a deciding factor when it comes to using takeover]
I Fully agree with you both.But END had created Curses so He may Found a Counter to It.Natsu had found a Counter to Jackal's Curse so He may find with Macro.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I Fully agree with you both.But END had created Curses so He may Found a Counter to It.Natsu had found a Counter to Jackal's Curse so He may find with Macro.
Natsu had an advantage against Jackal's Bomb Curse. I can't see a way that Natsu, or anyone else, could do something against Macro.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Unless Mirajane's Macro is working against a Spriggan level opponent, I don't see it working against Natsu. For Gajeel, it would be a Jura-level opponent. Mirajane's strongest takeover right now is Sayla. Sayla defeated her former strongest takeover, Sitri. Sayla is nowhere near current Natsu's level.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Unless Mirajane's Macro is working against a Spriggan level opponent, I don't see it working against Natsu. For Gajeel, it would be a Jura-level opponent. Mirajane's strongest takeover right now is Sayla. Sayla defeated her former strongest takeover, Sitri. Sayla is nowhere near current Natsu's level.
Why wouldn't Macro work against Natsu? Macro can posses anyone, even Spriggans. It don't matter how strong the opponent is. Sayla didn't defeat Mirajane, so there is no way that she is stronger than her.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Why wouldn't Macro work against Natsu? Macro can posses anyone, even Spriggans. It don't matter how strong the opponent is. Sayla didn't defeat Mirajane, so there is no way that she is stronger than her.
Well basically Wahl kinda mocked Macro by calling it a toy.

I think Mira has the potential to put anyone under using Macro. It's efficacy should very depending on the power of the opponent though. I mean can Mira make Acnologia choke himself with the same ease as say Yukino? Just like most other attacks Mira will have to commit a lot of MP for it to affect people much stronger than her in my opinion.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It is indeed a hax ability... But as we've seen, it has limited range and capacity and likely might not work against extremely powerful individuals or less powerful but strong willed individuals... Whether this is a weakness of Macro itself or indicative of Mira's lack of skill with it remain unknown...
Natsu can stay outside it's Range and Use Long Range Attacks to take doen Mira and Erza.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It is indeed a hax ability... But as we've seen, it has limited range and capacity and likely might not work against extremely powerful individuals or less powerful but strong willed individuals... Whether this is a weakness of Macro itself or indicative of Mira's lack of skill with it remain unknown...
Natsu can stay outside it's Range and Use Long Range Attacks to take doen Mira and Erza.
It's never shown that Macro doesn't work on powerful opponents. I wouldn't expect that as well, because Macro should work on anyone.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
It's never shown that Macro doesn't work on powerful opponents. I wouldn't expect that as well, because Macro should work on anyone.
Then Sayla would have been The Leader of Tartaros.I Bet There are Some Drawbacks against Stronger Opponents.Which we will See.