Fantasy - Tenrou Laxus vs Tenrou Bluenote | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fantasy Tenrou Laxus vs Tenrou Bluenote

Who wins?

• Total voters

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
The setting is on Tenrou, neither side is disadvantaged or advantaged. Intent is to kill and neither side is giving in.

I personally think the fight would be incredibly close. I doubt that Bluenote's gravity would have too much of an effect on Laxus but Laxus doesn't seem to have a counter against Black Hole. Laxus' best chance would be probably be trying to finish the fight fairly quickly but it just depends on durability to me because we don't really know how durable Bluenote is since his only fight on Tenrou was against the Ace of Fairy Tail. Although we do know that Laxus is extremely durable (the fight against Hades).

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I'll give this to Laxus high difficulty. Laxus is a beast and even had hades on the ropes. Laxus should be strong enough to withstand Bluenote's Gravity and he's also excellent in CQC. Furthermore, his punches and attacks will be coated with lightning and thus have an extra boost to them. Still bluenote is a tough opponent no matter how this is diced so it will take a fat bit from Laxus to pull this off

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
The setting is on Tenrou, neither side is disadvantaged or advantaged. Intent is to kill and neither side is giving in.

I personally think the fight would be incredibly close. I doubt that Bluenote's gravity would have too much of an effect on Laxus but Laxus doesn't seem to have a counter against Black Hole. Laxus' best chance would be probably be trying to finish the fight fairly quickly but it just depends on durability to me because we don't really know how durable Bluenote is since his only fight on Tenrou was against the Ace of Fairy Tail. Although we do know that Laxus is extremely durable (the fight against Hades).
This is a very difficult battle. Are there any restrictions? I mean if Laxus could use Fairy Law, this battle might just go in his favor. However, if not, then...
  • Tenrou Bluenote > Tenrou Laxus [High Difficulty]
Honestly, I think Laxus is a very strong character but Bluenote should be just a level above Laxus. His feats against Gildarts shows us his actual power. He has 'dark' magic so to say, gravity magic, nullification magic, and brute force. Laxus would have trouble with this one unless he has some way of overcoming Bluenote's durability. During Tenrou Arc, I didn't get the feeling that Laxus was as strong as he is now in Alvarez Arc especially since his feat against Hades kind of lacked a little.

I think Bluenote has been downgraded a little ever since he was one-shotted by Natsu but that was Alvarez Arc. To be fair, Natsu had grown a lot stronger during the timeskip and Bluenote probably didn't train even though we don't know for sure. Therefore, we have to imagine that Alvarez Arc never happened, and so that leaves Bluenote with the win.

Last edited:

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This is a very difficult battle. Are there any restrictions? I mean if Laxus could use Fairy Law, this battle might just go in his favor. However, if not, then...
  • Tenrou Bluenote > Tenrou Laxus [High Difficulty]
Honestly, I think Laxus is a very strong character but Bluenote should be just a level above Laxus. His feats against Laxus shows us his actual power. He has a lot of 'dark' magic so to say, along with gravity magic and brute force. Laxus would have trouble with this one unless he has some way of overcoming Bluenote's durability. During Tenrou Arc, I didn't get the feeling that Laxus was as strong as he is now in Alvarez Arc especially since his feat against Hades kind of lacked a little.

I think Bluenote has been downgraded a little ever since he was one-shotted by Natsu but that was Alvarez Arc. To be fair, Natsu had grown a lot stronger during the timeskip and Bluenote probably didn't train even though we don't know for sure. Therefore, we have to imagine that Alvarez Arc never happened, and so that leaves Bluenote with the win.
I don't think bluenote has been downgraded. He have Gildarts a hard time but on tenrou as well, Laxus took on hades solo and had him on the defensive. This is considering that Hades played around with Makarov. Laxus is certainly very adept in CQC and with his speed, he was able to do a lot more to Hades than Makarov could. Same thing will happen here. Laxus certainly isn't as strong as he became but even at GMG, he was basically still the same with Tenrou.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think bluenote has been downgraded. He have Gildarts a hard time but on tenrou as well, Laxus took on hades solo and had him on the defensive. This is considering that Hades played around with Makarov. Laxus is certainly very adept in CQC and with his speed, he was able to do a lot more to Hades than Makarov could. Same thing will happen here. Laxus certainly isn't as strong as he became but even at GMG, he was basically still the same with Tenrou.
The way I saw Laxus' battle with Hades, he probably survived just somewhat a little longer than Makarov. So in this case, he pretty much lost and had to give Natsu his magic so their combined power would handle Hades. Otherwise, he didn't really overwhelm Hades by much.

The main factor in this battle is breaking through Bluenote's durability. You must be as strong as Gildarts to do it. Basically, being on a whole different tier. Even Natsu couldn't defeat Bluenote. Laxus is somewhere in between Gildarts and Natsu so he isn't quite there yet. Not only does Bluenote have immense durability, he also has nullification magic. Both of those combined allowed him to withstand a Fairy Glitter from Cana, Fire Dragon Roar from Natsu, and the attacks from others. He even withstood Gildarts for a while.

Bluenote's Black Hole is definitely going to counter Laxus unless he could crash it like Gildarts, but I highly doubt that. I can agree that Bluenote attack is not that strong but because his durability is so high, this battle will mainly depend on perseverance. In this case, I can see Bluenote outlasting Laxus.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I Think Tenrou Bluenote Wins This Fight High Difficulty.He was Stronger than any one in Fairytail at that time except gildarts and LFD Natsu in Tenrou.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
GMG Laxus was basically still the same with Tenrou Laxus. Bluenote vs Gildarts showed that Bluenote could give Gildarts a tough battle. Makarov said Jura = Gildarts and Laxus beat Jura.

Laxus also has more advanced Fairy Law than Makarov's. His level is whole Magnolia.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think people are downplaying Bluenote a bit here, I mean he's a guy who is on or close to equal terms regarding magic power with Gildarts who was basically one of the strongest mages we'd been introduced to at the time. The manga even stated in the chapter where Natsu one-shotted him that he was an equal to Gildarts (in one translation), so I'm considering that. Laxus was pretty strong there, but he did tire out after a while, but what he did was pretty impressive.

Overall, I'd give this one to Bluenote mid-high difficulty. He was shown to be on the same tier as Gildarts (or thereabouts), and Laxus wasn't at that same level of power. Sure, Laxus was pretty capable against Hades, but that shouldn't mean we can say Laxus > Bluenote, for all we know Bluenote could perform much better against Hades; its an unknown. So yeah, Bluenote would beat Laxus at Tenrou.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laxus certainly isn't as strong as he became but even at GMG, he was basically still the same with Tenrou.
GMG Laxus was basically still the same with Tenrou Laxus.
I mean when you guys say he was basically the same, it all depends on your perception of how much training he did. However, he did train which was stated by Levy. Also, considering that he was 7 years behind in training but still caught up to mages who were the top guild in Fiore for 7 years, I would say his training should have boosted his power quite significantly.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
The way I saw Laxus' battle with Hades. He probably survived just somewhat a little longer than Makarov. So in this case, he pretty much lost and had to give Natsu his magic so their combined power would handle Hades. Otherwise, he didn't really overwhelm Hades by much.

The main factor in this battle is breaking through Bluenote's durability. You must be as strong as Gildarts to do it. Basically, being on a whole different tier. Even Natsu couldn't defeat Bluenote. Laxus is somewhere in between Gildarts and Natsu so he isn't quite there yet. Not only does Bluenote have immense durability, he also has nullification magic. Both of those combined allowed him to withstand a Fairy Glitter from Cana, Fire Dragon Roar from Natsu, and the attacks from others. He even withstood Gildarts for a while.

Bluenote's Black Hole is definitely going to counter Laxus unless he could crash it like Gildarts, but I highly doubt that. I can agree that Bluenote attack is not that strong but because his durability is so high, this battle will mainly depend on perseverance. In this case, I can see Bluenote outlasting Laxus.
That's a pretty big leap. Who says you must be as strong as Gildarts to do it? We hardly saw bluenote fight against anyone else. Against Gildarts, he matched him in punches. Commendable yes, but that doesn't really say much. I mean, the one time we saw Gildarts using a magic attack, he literally sent bluenote flying. Bluenote is durable and that means he can take a lot of punches but he's not undefeatable. Yes he took a dragons roar but how many competent opponents haven't done that?

Laxus lost against hades yes, that was a losing battle from the start but I was referencing his performance in that fight

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
On Tenrou I give this to Bluenote, high difficulty. It would be a very close battle given Laxus' high level of durability/endurance; and Bluenote doesn't have the tier of offence to overwhelm Laxus. But based on perfomance against Gildarts I give it to Bluenote, just.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a pretty big leap. Who says you must be as strong as Gildarts to do it? We hardly saw bluenote fight against anyone else. Against Gildarts, he matched him in punches. Commendable yes, but that doesn't really say much. I mean, the one time we saw Gildarts using a magic attack, he literally sent bluenote flying. Bluenote is durable and that means he can take a lot of punches but he's not undefeatable. Yes he took a dragons roar but how many competent opponents haven't done that?

Laxus lost against hades yes, that was a losing battle from the start but I was referencing his performance in that fight
What I meant was that you have to be on a whole different level which is why I included the next sentence. Bluenote's durability is one thing. But as I explained that Bluenote tanked one the three top Fairy Tail spells along with numerous other attacks. Also, I don't see any average attack being able to destroy Bluenote's Blackhole or getting past his nullification magic, so you need to be really strong to perform such a feat.

Yeah, we didn't really see Bluenote fight against anyone else but it was pretty clear that the battle between him and Natsu along with the others would be his victory. In fact, it may just be somewhere between Easy Difficulty and Medium Difficulty. Not many people took a Dragon Roar with no sweat or little damage taken so that can be noted as a worthy feat.

I understand Gildarts is stronger than Bluenote which is also why I stated that previously, but Bluenote's performance would probably be better than if Laxus went against Gildarts himself.

Actually, Laxus' battle against Hades wasn't that impressive. He was only able to hit Hades a few times but the moment Hades transformed with his eye, Laxus was quickly going downhill.

Last edited:

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why do people say Jellal loses against Bluenote and Laxus wins when Jellal is > Laxus?

Bluenote beats Jellal and he also beats Laxus.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Laxus wins high dif

Shasha23

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Why do people say Jellal loses against Bluenote and Laxus wins when Jellal is > Laxus?

Bluenote beats Jellal and he also beats Laxus.
Since when was Jellal > Laxus?
Or maybe I missed something

Sinister Spirit

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Bluenote wins mid-high diff

While Laxus' strength and speed would be enough to stand and fight, his moves would still be very crippled by Bluenote's gravity (for instance, if he uses a roar, the torrent of lightnings would fall on the ground). The main reason Laxus would still give Bluenote a good fight is his lightning speed, even crippled by huge gravity, it should still be better than Bluenote's speed and maybe even enough to avoid his Black Hole. But for the rest, Bluenote's fists should rival Laxus' crippled electric punches, and Laxus would use a lot of magic to make his attacks land on Bluenote, so he'd run out of magic long before him.

Last edited: