Fantasy Gajeel Redfox vs. Gray Fullbuster

Ice Make Gray vs Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel ?

  • R1 : Ice Make Gray

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R1 : Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel

    Votes: 9 75.0%
  • R1 : Draw

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • R2 : Devil Slayer Gray

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • R2 : Shadow Iron Dragon Slayer Gajeel

    Votes: 8 66.7%
  • R2 : Draw

    Votes: 4 33.3%

  • Total voters
    12
  • Poll closed .

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
This is the problem. At times, real life clones don't exactly have a sense of smell contrast to the original. Let's say the clone smells like Ice, and Gray covers the main portion of the land in ice where the terrain of the battle starts. How would Gajeel able to sense where the clones are moving when the whole portion is consisted and composed of ice? His smelling instincts are good, but he doesn't exactly have the feats to decipher the clones from the frozen portion. In this case, Gajeel would be majorly disadvantageous.

Sure, Gajeel's feats are impressive against Torafusa, but it still remains to be seen whether how effective his ISD attacks truly are. The only reason Gajeel's steel mode was useful against Torafusa agains wasn't because of a powerup, it was a bi-product of a weakness toward Torafusa's water/poison scales composed of excessive carbon. All we seen for is Gajeel's ISD attacks being tanked from a laughing Torafusa.

Also I don't put too much into titles like Torafusa has the strongest defense in Tartaros. Gemma was considered to be above the 9DG, and he got fodderized by a severally exhausted Base Sting and Rogue. Tempesta was noted to have the fastest speed, and he wasn't exactly shown to be a speedster.
Your example there is implying that he's only using smell, but he still has eyesight to see where the clones are and his hearing to hear their footsteps as well as Gray's if visibility is hampered. Now amongst all that ice, Gray is still going to have his distinct scent, and Gajeel can just go for that to find Gray if there are clones or visibility is hampered. The key point is the difference in smell between Gray and his clones of Ice.

As for ISD Gajeel, apart from the Torafusa fight we've only seen him use it against a possesed Rogue in the GMG, who dominated him before Gajeel absorbed the shadow to get ISD. For someone to dominate an opponent like Gajeel like that, they have to be close to GMG Laxus level imo as not many people can just come along and do that to Gajeel, or someone close to his level, like Natsu. So on that note, I would say ISD is powerful, like LFD mode Natsu.
 

Axel Stone

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
Antarctica
Your example there is implying that he's only using smell, but he still has eyesight to see where the clones are and his hearing to hear their footsteps as well as Gray's if visibility is hampered. Now amongst all that ice, Gray is still going to have his distinct scent, and Gajeel can just go for that to find Gray if there are clones or visibility is hampered. The key point is the difference in smell between Gray and his clones of Ice.

As for ISD Gajeel, apart from the Torafusa fight we've only seen him use it against a possesed Rogue in the GMG, who dominated him before Gajeel absorbed the shadow to get ISD. For someone to dominate an opponent like Gajeel like that, they have to be close to GMG Laxus level imo as not many people can just come along and do that to Gajeel, or someone close to his level, like Natsu. So on that note, I would say ISD is powerful, like LFD mode Natsu.
The main argument was directly on smell for the perception of the clones anyway, I simply clarified that all does not end too well for Gajeel by putting in examples where it can cause Gajeel to be at an disadvantage. Gajeel also needs to have intel as he wouldn't exactly know whether Gray can use clones or not as he has zero knowledge of that, so he can easily be caught off-guard by the time Gray starts to plan ahead. Gajeel's not going to instantaneously smell his clones and use his eyesights right away.

Gajeel has to use his 7 senses very carefully, which actually leaves him vulnerable to get hit if he makes one wrong move in some cases and if he doesn't have the reaction speed to dodge in time, and can be shown to be distracted even in a serious battle, and he's not the type to zone on his 7 senses as he's more of a raw battler type as Laxus and Natsu.

Gray after becoming, is more of a hybrid now. As he not only uses his intellects to fight and win when an opponent is weak to something, but also gained his slaying dynamics to use physical attacks.

Basically you're saying ISD is as powerful as LFD Natsu because of mere fan hype? LFD Natsu has shown to have much better feats than ISD Gajeel has. Base Natsu even has better feats than ISD Gajeel has



Well it doesn't provide a fair point. You're using a slayer advantage to make your point that Gray > Gajeel. Torafusa may have better defence than Tempesta, it just means that Gajeel needed more offense to beat Torafusa than he would Tempesta. But it's clear that Gray is more effective in his victory.

I think if someone made the claim that Wendy was stronger than Jura at the GMG on the basis of her hurting a dragon (not damage just hurt) then you'd probably see the reasoning behind slayer advantage.


Rhe bold: why???? If Mashima makes slayer magic this effective then it IS that effective. Correct me if I am wrong to assume this of you, but I get the feeling that you view 'slayer advantage' as something that demotes Gray's power. I totally understand that it's annoying when people say it's featless against humans. To be fair it should be given roughly the same power as dragon slayer magic (just a little less). It would be bias to give it much more power than that wouldn't you agree?



I do agree that DeS and DS will ultimately be very similar, it's easier that way. @bold and especially underline - you're kidding with that, right??????

If Gray can demonise I truly doubt he gets something like DF. Basically the notion is that DF makes slayers become more like a dragon; so if this applies to demons than Gray just becomes more like one. Given that demons aren't anywhere near the powerhouses dragons are, I'd say Gray gets some hax like absorption.
Tempesta actually has better defense than Torafusa as tanked a secret art from LFD Natsu which are >>>> ISD clubs/roar.

Honestly we can argue as much as we want till the end of time, Mashima will always make Gray and Gajeel nearly equalsv regardless of DF or not, and protrayed to be equal to Natsu even when Natsu shows much better feats.

I for the one believe Gray is still the victor in this battle, and so the 17 others.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well it doesn't provide a fair point. You're using a slayer advantage to make your point that Gray > Gajeel. Torafusa may have better defence than Tempesta, it just means that Gajeel needed more offense to beat Torafusa than he would Tempesta. But it's clear that Gray is more effective in his victory.
I never said Gray > Gajeel. What I'm trying to point out is that using Torafusa vs. Gajeel fight does not say Gajeel is stronger in offense compared to Gray. What I understood from previous posts was that Gajeel > Gray because he was able to penetrate the demon gate with the most defense. Therefore, he has the highest attack penetration or attack damage as he was able to defeat Torafusa. This is not true.

I think if someone made the claim that Wendy was stronger than Jura at the GMG on the basis of her hurting a dragon (not damage just hurt) then you'd probably see the reasoning behind slayer advantage.
Well, Wendy can't. Why? Because she is too weak. I'm going to go off topic here just to prove my point. You know how there are mages with dragon lacrimas inside their bodies right? Well, does it make sense to put one into Romeo's body or Jura's body? Romeo with dragon slaying magic would have no effect on a dragon. Jura with dragon slaying magic would have little effect on a dragon, but substantially more than Romeo.

Rhe bold: why???? If Mashima makes slayer magic this effective then it IS that effective. Correct me if I am wrong to assume this of you, but I get the feeling that you view 'slayer advantage' as something that demotes Gray's power. I totally understand that it's annoying when people say it's featless against humans. To be fair it should be given roughly the same power as dragon slayer magic (just a little less). It would be bias to give it much more power than that wouldn't you agree?
I agree that it is effective. But for Gray to one-shot or kill Mard Geer with a couple of attacks does not imply that it is solely because of slayer advantage. Let me put it this way. Had Gray used DeS on Tempesta and defeated him with Medium Difficulty, that would tell us that Gajeel would be stronger than Gray. Had Gray used 5 strong attacks to kill Mard Geer, that would tell us that Gajeel is stronger than Gray. Gajeel without slayer advantage was able to defeat Torafusa with High-Extreme Difficulty. Therefore, Gray defeating someone who has comparable defense to Torafusa with No Difficulty suggests that Gajeel and Gray are similar in power. Do you think one who defeats a Dragon with Extreme Difficulty would be able to defeat a Dragon with No Difficulty provided they got Slayer Advantage? No. Slayer advantage doesn't change the Difficulty of a Fight between two opposite sides of the spectrum. At most, someone who could kill a dragon with No Difficulty would have to at least kill one with Medium Difficulty without slayer advantage.

Yes, I do get that feeling and I'm not delusional as there is evidence of users using that reason for Gajeel > Gray. I wouldn't just defend Gray in this aspect either. It can be any character who is being severely underrated. The problem that I have with slayer advantage is that in Gray Versus Battles, I always see that one line that is baseless, weak, and has no logic or points to back it up. It goes a little something like "...because of slayer advantage..." I don't see this line anywhere else without Gray in it. I usually don't go this far to support Gray but when I see bias resulting in an unfair match-up, it is only right for me to explain my case. The fact is that dragon slaying magic and god slaying magic are used on enemies that aren't even dragons or gods.

I do agree that DeS and DS will ultimately be very similar, it's easier that way. @bold and especially underline - you're kidding with that, right??????

If Gray can demonise I truly doubt he gets something like DF. Basically the notion is that DF makes slayers become more like a dragon; so if this applies to demons than Gray just becomes more like one. Given that demons aren't anywhere near the powerhouses dragons are, I'd say Gray gets some hax like absorption.
Actually, I wasn't kidding. I mean I guess everyone has different opinions, but absorbing one curse like Momento Mori is not considered hax. Like how would that be useful in the battles with the Spriggans? Yes, it saved Gray and Natsu but it was like a one time event. 95% of battles in Fairy Tail probably won't deal with demons, let alone curse absorption. Hax would be like absorbing all curses and all magics to the point you are invincible. Again, like I stated in the past, I don't know if Demon Slaying Magic gives you the power of a demon. It was never stated so I won't speculate.
 
Last edited:

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I never said Gray > Gajeel. What I'm trying to point out is that using Torafusa vs. Gajeel fight does not say Gajeel is stronger in offense compared to Gray. What I understood from previous posts was that Gajeel > Gray because he was able to penetrate the demon gate with the most defense. Therefore, he has the highest attack penetration or attack damage as he was able to defeat Torafusa. This is not true.
Sorry for misunderstanding you. I think Steel Gajeel offense would be stronger purely on the basis that he had to absorb some of the carbon... so this is basically a technique not under Gajeel's power.

Well, Wendy can't. Why? Because she is too weak. I'm going to go off topic here just to prove my point. You know how there are mages with dragon lacrimas inside their bodies right? Well, does it make sense to put one into Romeo's body or Jura's body? Romeo with dragon slaying magic would have no effect on a dragon. Jura with dragon slaying magic would have little effect on a dragon, but substantially more than Romeo.
Wendy's roar did hurt Zirconis. He might have been a weaker dragon so maybe Jura might not be a good comparison. But an enchanted Mirajane in Sitri attacked Zirconis to no effect. So there's at least some kind of indication that dragon slayer magic is more effective against dragons than other magic. It's just a more pronounced in tartarus where demons were a lot weaker in durability.


I agree that it is effective. But for Gray to one-shot or kill Mard Geer with a couple of attacks does not imply that it is solely because of slayer advantage.
Well of course Gray had power in his attack, but how much do you think? Is he using dragon force level power?? He actually out-performed DF Natsu. So the demon slayer advantage is at least as much as the advantage DF gives Natsu.

Let me put it this way. Had Gray used DeS on Tempesta and defeated him with Medium Difficulty, that would tell us that Gajeel would be stronger than Gray. Had Gray used 5 strong attacks to kill Mard Geer, that would tell us that Gajeel is stronger than Gray. Gajeel without slayer advantage was able to defeat Torafusa with High-Extreme Difficulty. Therefore, Gray defeating someone who has comparable defense to Torafusa with No Difficulty suggests that Gajeel and Gray are similar in power.
No it doesn't. For the bold to be true you would have to know or have an idea about how effective DeS magic is to demons. We don't know this. The feats from the fights elude to the efficacy of DeS magic, not the power. From the look/AoE/style of the spells Gray used it just seems like he's using comparable DS moves - that suggests that they are similar in power; not the DC feats against the demons is skewed by slayer advantage.

Do you think one who defeats a Dragon with Extreme Difficulty would be able to defeat a Dragon with No Difficulty provided they got Slayer Advantage? No. Slayer advantage doesn't change the Difficulty of a Fight between two opposite sides of the spectrum. At most, someone who could kill a dragon with No Difficulty would have to at least kill one with Medium Difficulty without slayer advantage.
Well first of all, just like above, I would need an idea of how effective slayer magic is. However I do know that slayer magic is more effective, so a non-DS wizard who wins extreme diff would have an easier time with DS magic.

But let me ask this. You have Gajeel and Gray(w/o DeS) as relative equals. Gajeel won extreme diff v Torafusa. So without DeS I assume you give Gray an exteme diff win over Torafusa. But we seen Gray low diff someone comparable to Torafusa, so doesn't that speak to slayer advantage?

Yes, I do get that feeling and I'm not delusional as there is evidence of users using that reason for Gajeel > Gray. I wouldn't just defend Gray in this aspect either. It can be any character who is being severely underrated. The problem that I have with slayer advantage is that in Gray Versus Battles, I always see that one line that is baseless, weak, and has no logic or points to back it up. It goes a little something like "...because of slayer advantage..." I don't see this line anywhere else without Gray in it. I usually don't go this far to support Gray but when I see bias resulting in an unfair match-up, it is only right for me to explain my case. The fact is that dragon slaying magic and god slaying magic are used on enemies that aren't even dragons or gods.
Yea I've seen Gray's slayer feats being regarded as zero because it was against demons. But we just seen DeS freeze a Spriggan spell so it has that feat. I basically just use DS/GS magic as a proxy for DeS v Humans. At the very least it's going to do as much as damage as Ice Make.

Actually, I wasn't kidding. I mean I guess everyone has different opinions, but absorbing one curse like Momento Mori is not considered hax. Like how would that be useful in the battles with the Spriggans? Yes, it saved Gray and Natsu but it was like a one time event. 95% of battles in Fairy Tail probably won't deal with demons, let alone curse absorption. Hax would be like absorbing all curses and all magics to the point you are invincible. Again, like I stated in the past, I don't know if Demon Slaying Magic gives you the power of a demon. It was never stated so I won't speculate.
Sorry I didn't mean curses only. I meant spells. If Gray could use absorption against Amaterasu 100, or Natsu's roar, or God Serena's DS attacks - then it would definitely have use. My off topic post was more for speculation anyway. I do tend to think DeS will essentially provide demon powers, Mard Geer already commented on Gray 'demonising'. So that's why I think he'll get hax, rather than something like Dragon Force. E.g Franmalth had a hax where magic didn't work on him, that's pretty handy.
 

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2015
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
3,100
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Wendy's roar did hurt Zirconis. He might have been a weaker dragon so maybe Jura might not be a good comparison. But an enchanted Mirajane in Sitri attacked Zirconis to no effect. So there's at least some kind of indication that dragon slayer magic is more effective against dragons than other magic. It's just a more pronounced in tartarus where demons were a lot weaker in durability.
Yeah, you're right, my bad. I meant Wendy can't even inflict significant damage to Zirconis. But I misunderstood you because you were talking about hurting him, so I agree with you on this one.

Well of course Gray had power in his attack, but how much do you think? Is he using dragon force level power?? He actually out-performed DF Natsu. So the demon slayer advantage is at least as much as the advantage DF gives Natsu.

No it doesn't. For the bold to be true you would have to know or have an idea about how effective DeS magic is to demons. We don't know this. The feats from the fights elude to the efficacy of DeS magic, not the power. From the look/AoE/style of the spells Gray used it just seems like he's using comparable DS moves - that suggests that they are similar in power; not the DC feats against the demons is skewed by slayer advantage.



Well first of all, just like above, I would need an idea of how effective slayer magic is. However I do know that slayer magic is more effective, so a non-DS wizard who wins extreme diff would have an easier time with DS magic.
I would give Gray the same damage output as Gajeel or more and maybe Natsu. In my opinion, Gray and Natsu were fairly equal in Tartaros. Natsu only pulled ahead in Alvarez [Gray lacks in Feats]. The basis for my statement is that how Natsu fared against Jackal/Franmalth/Tempesta is comparable to Gray and Silver. Again, I don't exactly know how accurate these Tartaros Character Cards are but because they were supposedly created by Hiro Mashima you can compare them if you want. I wouldn't buy anyone who said Franmalth/Jackal was stronger. Tempesta, on the other hand, is similar to Torafusa and they are the closest you can get to Silver/Kyōka but still not above them. Now, considering Silver's stats, Gray handled his attacks pretty well. Yes, Gray couldn't inflict much damage on Silver but he was immune to Gray's attacks leaving him at a disadvantage. For those who thinks I'm making an excuse, refer to Natsu vs. Totomaru. Natsu did average in his fights.

Now DF Natsu and DeS is Gray is harder to compare because of slayer advantage but you can still see Gray has a lot of DC just like Natsu. First, Gray was able to kill Mard Geer with only a couple of attacks as long as it connected with him. Natsu wasn't able to kill Mard Geer at all; however, he did overwhelm him quite a bit. Basically, I'm trying to say that Gray's ability to kill Mard Geer is slayer advantage. DeS Gray would probably do the same damage as DF Natsu but neither could kill him while slayer advantage allows Gray to just kill Mard Geer in a few hits.

That is why I say DeS and DF are pretty much equal until Natsu starts dragonizing but that is different. Dragonizing would increase Natsu's stats in which Gray wouldn't be able to keep up. DF is just a way of getting there. Using DF just means that you are getting closer to become a dragon. It does not say you have the power of a dragon or Natsu wouldn't need Igneel's flames.

But let me ask this. You have Gajeel and Gray(w/o DeS) as relative equals. Gajeel won extreme diff v Torafusa. So without DeS I assume you give Gray an exteme diff win over Torafusa. But we seen Gray low diff someone comparable to Torafusa, so doesn't that speak to slayer advantage?
This is also very tricky to analyze. I would be lying if I said I'm not using any speculation but this is how I see it. Torafusa was actually defeated by ISD Gajeel with Extreme Difficulty. Base Gray might or might not lose. Considering his feats against Silver, he might have the upper hand but you and many others can bring in the fact that he won by a cheap shot especially with a steel ball. Either way though, Gray's durability is definitely there though as we saw him tank Ice Demon's Rage from Silver who has stats like Kyōka.

I admit I would place Gray and Gajeel as relative equals but in my mind, DeS is closer to DF than ISD or LFD. So because Gajeel hasn't attained DF yet, I still rate Gray a little higher until proven otherwise. To answer your question about slayer advantage, in this respect, slayer advantage would probably provide the same amount of benefits as his fight with Mard Geer but damage output should be a little bit above Gajeel.
 

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,838
Reaction score
16,639
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
The main argument was directly on smell for the perception of the clones anyway, I simply clarified that all does not end too well for Gajeel by putting in examples where it can cause Gajeel to be at an disadvantage. Gajeel also needs to have intel as he wouldn't exactly know whether Gray can use clones or not as he has zero knowledge of that, so he can easily be caught off-guard by the time Gray starts to plan ahead. Gajeel's not going to instantaneously smell his clones and use his eyesights right away.

Gajeel has to use his 7 senses very carefully, which actually leaves him vulnerable to get hit if he makes one wrong move in some cases and if he doesn't have the reaction speed to dodge in time, and can be shown to be distracted even in a serious battle, and he's not the type to zone on his 7 senses as he's more of a raw battler type as Laxus and Natsu.

Gray after becoming, is more of a hybrid now. As he not only uses his intellects to fight and win when an opponent is weak to something, but also gained his slaying dynamics to use physical attacks.

Basically you're saying ISD is as powerful as LFD Natsu because of mere fan hype? LFD Natsu has shown to have much better feats than ISD Gajeel has. Base Natsu even has better feats than ISD Gajeel has
My argument was the difference in smell between Gray and his clones, not anything else. There's going to be a clear difference in smell because Gray wouldn't smell like ice, would he? And even if Gray froze the whole area, he'd still stand out from the rest of the area in terms of smell. I wouldn't put it past Gajeel to realise something was amiss regarding Gray's scent, he's pretty switched on in-terms of battle, even if he doesn't plan his moves ahead.

Its not like using your five basic senses at the same time is anything difficult, humans can use multiple senses at the same time, so how Gajeel uses his senses shouldn't affect how he battles; if anything his senses should all be better than the average human's because he is a Dragon Slayer, and its been shown previously they have heightened senses. OP didn't state the intent of the battle, but assuming its a fight to beat the other one, thats going to be the sole goal in the minds of these two, so I don't know how you can assert Gajeel would get distracted easily in the fight; he has no one teaming up with him that could hit him with friendly fire so there really is nothing stopping Gajeel from focusing on Gray.

Its a bit ignorant to say I'm putting it down to fan hype that ISD is as powerful as Natsu's LFD. Base Gajeel and Base Natsu have both been shown to be around the same level, and ISD and LFD were both shown to be close to par with the panel of LFD Natsu and ISD Gajeel attacking Etherious Tempesta and Etherious Torafusa. Even though we've seen more feats from Natsu, that doesn't instantly mean ISD is any lesser than LFD, nor should it be considered that way until we see both used this current arc to be able to put this speculation to rest. But going from Tartarus, ISD was on the same level as LFD, so thats the standard that should really be gone off until we see otherwise.

But I'd still put Gajeel over Gray for this fight high diff without speculating over a potential Dragon Force. Gray won't have slayer advantage, so the damage his attacks do with DeS magic would be on a significantly lesser scale than what we saw with the Tartarus demons. And although Gray could have a tactical advantage, in the end the fight would be settled by power more than anything else, and Gajeel has the more powerful magic with ISD being a cut above anything Gray has been shown to dish out.
 

Axel Stone

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
13
Age
30
Country
Antarctica
My argument was the difference in smell between Gray and his clones, not anything else. There's going to be a clear difference in smell because Gray wouldn't smell like ice, would he? And even if Gray froze the whole area, he'd still stand out from the rest of the area in terms of smell. I wouldn't put it past Gajeel to realise something was amiss regarding Gray's scent, he's pretty switched on in-terms of battle, even if he doesn't plan his moves ahead.

Its not like using your five basic senses at the same time is anything difficult, humans can use multiple senses at the same time, so how Gajeel uses his senses shouldn't affect how he battles; if anything his senses should all be better than the average human's because he is a Dragon Slayer, and its been shown previously they have heightened senses. OP didn't state the intent of the battle, but assuming its a fight to beat the other one, thats going to be the sole goal in the minds of these two, so I don't know how you can assert Gajeel would get distracted easily in the fight; he has no one teaming up with him that could hit him with friendly fire so there really is nothing stopping Gajeel from focusing on Gray.

Its a bit ignorant to say I'm putting it down to fan hype that ISD is as powerful as Natsu's LFD. Base Gajeel and Base Natsu have both been shown to be around the same level, and ISD and LFD were both shown to be close to par with the panel of LFD Natsu and ISD Gajeel attacking Etherious Tempesta and Etherious Torafusa. Even though we've seen more feats from Natsu, that doesn't instantly mean ISD is any lesser than LFD, nor should it be considered that way until we see both used this current arc to be able to put this speculation to rest. But going from Tartarus, ISD was on the same level as LFD, so thats the standard that should really be gone off until we see otherwise.

But I'd still put Gajeel over Gray for this fight high diff without speculating over a potential Dragon Force. Gray won't have slayer advantage, so the damage his attacks do with DeS magic would be on a significantly lesser scale than what we saw with the Tartarus demons. And although Gray could have a tactical advantage, in the end the fight would be settled by power more than anything else, and Gajeel has the more powerful magic with ISD being a cut above anything Gray has been shown to dish out.
Yes, the difference is we don't exactly know what Gray's clones and himself smell the same, or if they smell differently. Usually a clone has no sense of having the same spell from what I have read till date. You remember that cloning is a way to create an embryo, not a full-grown individual, so keen senses of smell differ from person to person in this context. Would he realize where Gray would be if Gray set up a distraction in his molding magic?, Gajeel has not shown to be that fast to move instantaneously from one level to another.

There's a massive difference between using most of your senses in battle in contrast to having zero knowledge as to where the character is situated as said character is unaware or is zero knowledge where the other opponent plans ahead. Gajeel has not shown to have those level of feats where he can turn all of his 5 senses on and continue to battle. Clones itself can keep Gajeel off-guard and distracted. Gray can always use ice make platforms to hover around quickly, so he's not always in the same position. Besides, his freezing feats are more than enough to hamper Gajeel enough for Gray to attack him some more.

Shown to be around the same level are not the same as having the same feats as one another, otherwise you can say Gray is around the same level as Natsu in this context as they also have been showing to be around the same level, so your argument doesn't exactly work in this case especially when you're using it against Gray of all people. Significantly tone down sure, but his ISD attacks should logically be powerful enough to damage Gajeel by a fair amount.

That's fine and cute, but ISD Gajeel has not shown to being a cut above anything Gray has shown especially when his best feats are against Torafusa, and they weren't all that mindblowing as his attacks were tanked.

If you want to say Gajeel is > Gray without zero proof to offense, then go for it. I will believe Gray>Gajeel in a fight until proven otherwise.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Only because Natsu and Gray have not had a decisive winner I'd have to give it to Gray. Natsu beat Gajeel in bs fashion. How does flesh and bone crack iron from punching fist to fist? Gray is closer to being a mc than Gajeel so Gray wins it. Magic wise, Metal is stronger and harder than ice. There should be no one more durable than Gajeel because he has metal armor for skin. But that's not how things turned out. Natsu won, but it should have been from melting Gajeel's iron, not punching his fist to crack it.
 

Deus

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
17
Reaction score
20
Age
28
Country
Dominican Republic
This is a hard one but probably Gajeel.

Both Gray and Gajeel have been portrayed to be Natsu's rival since their appearances but I think ever since Edolas, Mashima lost interest in Gray and since Gajeel was another dragon slayer while Gray was just a regular magic user Gajeel was given priority in feats, strength, and everything.

Now that Gray is a devil slayer he will obviously have more relevance when END comes up but for now he has no feats except for one-shotting Tempester, freezing Ajeel's sand, and freezing Goumon.
 

Damon blevins

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2016
Messages
161
Reaction score
185
Age
35
Country
United States
This is a hard one but probably Gajeel.

Both Gray and Gajeel have been portrayed to be Natsu's rival since their appearances but I think ever since Edolas, Mashima lost interest in Gray and since Gajeel was another dragon slayer while Gray was just a regular magic user Gajeel was given priority in feats, strength, and everything.

Now that Gray is a devil slayer he will obviously have more relevance when END comes up but for now he has no feats except for one-shotting Tempester, freezing Ajeel's sand, and freezing Goumon.
And defeating Made Geer a demon that is many times stronger than the one that erza and gajeel barely beat.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
But what if Gajeel Has DF Then Who will win.I believe Gray>Base Gajeel/ISD Version.But Against DF What will happen.
 

Coné

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
218
Reaction score
141
Country
Portugal
And defeating Made Geer a demon that is many times stronger than the one that erza and gajeel barely beat.
And is Ice Demon Slaying Magic not a thing anymore?

This is a hard one but probably Gajeel.

Both Gray and Gajeel have been portrayed to be Natsu's rival since their appearances but I think ever since Edolas, Mashima lost interest in Gray and since Gajeel was another dragon slayer while Gray was just a regular magic user Gajeel was given priority in feats, strength, and everything.

Now that Gray is a devil slayer he will obviously have more relevance when END comes up but for now he has no feats except for one-shotting Tempester, freezing Ajeel's sand, and freezing Goumon.
Hey EternalRage :catgrin
 

Nemispelled

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
2,335
Reaction score
3,740
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Gray wins. There is a reason why Gajeel didn't show up to fight Gray in the Avatar Arc.

If Gajeel fought Gray, it'd be a one-sided match. That's why it was Natsu vs. Gray at Avatar's base/headquarters and not Gajeel vs. Gray.

At most, Gajeel = Erza.

And both Gray and Natsu >>> Erza.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Gray wins. There is a reason why Gajeel didn't show up to fight Gray in the Avatar Arc.

If Gajeel fought Gray, it'd be a one-sided match. That's why it was Natsu vs. Gray at Avatar's base/headquarters and not Gajeel vs. Gray.

At most, Gajeel = Erza.

And both Gray and Natsu >>> Erza.
Was this actually your reasoning? Gah damn. I know this is old but this isn't justified any time throughout FT as a whole.
 

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
I don't know if that has been done before but I would like to have your opinion about this battle :

Gray vs Gajeel ?

Duel to ko to a challenge contest :

R1 : Ice Make Magic // Iron Dragon Slayer's Magic.
R2 : Devil Slayer's Magic under control (No humanity lost) // Shadow Iron Dragon Slayer's Magic.

Please, explain why by facts or feats.
 
Last edited:

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This has already been made so it'll get merged.

RD 1) Gajeel. Gray without DeS is an average mage and Gajeel outclasses him in stats. The only time we can compare both base forms with no PoF is during Phantom Lord and Gray would not have beaten Gajeel during that arc.

RD 2) So no PoF? Still Gajeel. If Skullion can tank a Zeroth Sword then so can Gajeel. That and Gajeel can avoid his attacks with his shadow body. Though I can easily see RD 2 being a draw.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also, this thread should be in the Domas Flau, not general.
 
Last edited:

Sevently

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2017
Messages
1,314
Reaction score
1,238
Age
27
Country
France
Darkness Gray > DF Gajeel > Base Gajeel > Base Gray
 

Ronin31

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2020
Messages
1,361
Reaction score
1,831
Gender
Male
Country
France
I agree that Gajeel is stronger physically due to his iron armor, but if Natsu can melt his iron, you have to think that low temperature can weaken iron properties until break as glass. And Silver's Ice can dealt great damage even through his armor and reduce his mobility. Cold is a weakness for Gajeel, even if he can break ice.

Agree that during Phantom, Gajeel shoud be the winner. Without Lucy, Natsu was defeated as well, because Gajeel could restore his Magic by eating steel And Natsu won only with his anger seeing the guild destroyed and thinking of his broken friends which made him stronger.
 
Last edited:
Top