Well, Natsu oneshoted Bluenote who was in Tenrou arc and still is due to no development on wizard saint tier. It was stated that the average spriggan is stronger than the GoI of Ishgar, so it makes sense that Erza, Base Natsu, Base Gray and Base Gajeel are on GoI tier, otherwise ft would stand absolutely no chance against alvarez empire! Besides, it's clear that Laxus and Gerard are on spriggan tier level! I think that Erza and co are stronger than the GoI in a 1 vs 1, but it's questionable if anyone of them could have defeated GoI+ Jura alone!
The conclusion of this: FT powerhouses received a huge power up during the timeskip!!!
Base Natsu vs Serena; low diff win for Serena
FDKM Natsu vs Serena; high diff win for one of them ( I cannot still decide)
DF Natsu vs Serena; low or mid diff for Natsu, because DF Gajeel destroyed Bradman ( who I consider stronger than Serena) with only physical attacks and without the need of using spells
It'd be ok if Natsu, Gray, or Erza were GoI tiers. Then it would be something like Natsu = Hyberion, or Erza = Hyberion. I could accept that.
But we are talking about Erza > 3 GoI + Jura (because she managed to give Ajeel a better fight than the four gave God Serena), right? So, Erza wouldn't be GoI tier, she'd be at the level or above 3 GoI + Jura, and it does not make sense, does it? Well it doesn't for me. So I'm willing to think that GS is simply superior to Ajeel.
On a side note, I don't consider Bradman stronger than Serena. I might consider him to be superior if he managed to properly use his hax-y curses. But he didn't even use macro to begin with, so, yeah.
My point here is that I don't believe base Natsu is Spriggan tier, and I'm having a lot of trouble trying to assume FDKM Natsu MIGHT be spriggan tier. And God Serena being a mid to high tier spriggan for me, well, I just cannot conceive him losing to Natsu.
We haven't seen God Serena being serious either so all we can say is that, feat wise, FDKM Natsu's may be more impressive (in terms of AoE).
First of all, Base Natsu's roar one-shotted Bluenote, and while Jura's likely stronger than Bluenote, I really doubt their difference in power is vast(In fact I peg them to be around the same level).So if Bluenote got one-shotted by base Natsu's roar, I'd say Jura would go down after taking about 3-5 roars(max).
I agree.
Now as for the GoI, imo the fact that they thought that Jura would be an asset in their fight against the spriggans tells me that the gap in power isn't as large as everyone thinks (especially since he endured GS's attacks just as well as they did), meanwhile there's a massive gap in power between Natsu's base spells and his FDK spells, for eg.
I agree on the GoI and Jura being on similar levels, this is why I always refer to the GoI + Jura as 4x Jura, since they should be around the same level. As for BDKM being vastly superior to base, well, I never thought the gap was so massive. Maybe these pages show a feat I may've overlooked.
Second of all, it doesn't matter that Jacob can clap Natsu away in a 1-on-1 fight, what matters is that FDK spells have the damage output to essentially one-shot a spriggan (yes, a restricted Natsu, Lucy and Makarov got some hits in, but let's be honest, those attacks barely did anything,Demolition Fist did around 85-90% of the damage)
Fair enough. I mean, yeah, of course, feat wise, BDKM Natsu has proven to output damage equal to that a Spriggan could output. The whole point is that I don't see BDKM Natsu winning against any Spriggan 1 vs 1 (maybe Neinhart), which makes me think he's just not spriggan tier. I mean, there's more to just attack power in being a Spriggan tier, right?
Now as for Jacob's defense, the fact that he took an attack that obliterated a mountain-sized deity and still remained alive and intact, should tell you that he's not just some glass cannon. The GoI ,on the other hand, got manhandled by a God Serena who wasn't even using his primary magic and were about to get destroyed by attacks that I definitely don't see as having the power to one-shot Ikusatsunagi like Demolition Fist did.
But again, attempting to quantify durability as if it was a measurable feat is nonsense. So I don't think that "durability" is too well layed out in this manga, I think it doesn't make sense to attempt to quantify it. I mean, I think people in this manga (save for Simon) never die unless it's plot necessary. My point being, had the GoI+Jura received 3 or 8 attacks, they wouldn't have died; had Jacob received 1 attack like Natsu gave him or 3 woudln't have made a difference, he wouldn't have died. But I know people is going to think "wtf is he saying?" It's just that it makes sense if you stop and think about it. So, is Jacob more durable than a mountain-sized deity? Well it's simply absurd to think he is but OK.