Discussion - Gowther | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gowther

Yakkun

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe Gowther was Meliodas's personal bodyguard/ attendant or something. His prototype had a role like that.
This would be cool! It would also fit his theme of selflessness, ready to give his life for Meliodas at any time.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Maybe Gowther was Meliodas's personal bodyguard/ attendant or something. His prototype had a role like that.
After the chapter 176, I started to think about this too! That's why I also guess that the reason why Gowther had been cursed by his own commandment may be linked to the reason why Meliodas betrayed the Demon Clan. Or, maybe, Gowther was cursed because he made something selfish or greedy to Meliodas (like take the demon throne).

Calum

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
After the chapter 176, I started to think about this too! That's why I also guess that the reason why Gowther had been cursed by his own commandment may be linked to the reason why Meliodas betrayed the Demon Clan. Or, maybe, Gowther was cursed because he made something selfish or greedy to Meliodas (like take the demon throne).
Do you think Gowther plotted to rebel against the demon king?

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Do you think Gowther plotted to rebel against the demon king?
Well, I also have a theory that the Demon King felt in danger with Meliodas substituting him, once the late was the strongest commandment. Than, he (the DK) asked Gowther to put Meliodas out of his way. However, Gowther refused to do this, so, it lead to happen one of the following with the refusing: Gowther's commandment activated (because he wasn't "selfless" to do the task); or the DK personally cursed Gowther with his own commandment (which I think it's the most probable).
Considering Gowther's commandment an its effects, I find pretty interesting how he could be cursed by his own commandment and what were the circumstances that lead to this. It is indeed very curious.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Another thing that may caused Gowther get cursed is related to his Balor Magical Eye. He probably stolen it from Dolor and this kind of thing broke the commandment, making him lost his memories and feelings (and possibly transforming him into a doll too). Actually, the hability to read the others mind is given because of this Balor Magical Eye.

Calum

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Well, I also have a theory that the Demon King felt in danger with Meliodas substituting him, once the late was the strongest commandment. Than, he (the DK) asked Gowther to put Meliodas out of his way. However, Gowther refused to do this, so, it lead to happen one of the following with the refusing: Gowther's commandment activated (because he wasn't "selfless" to do the task); or the DK personally cursed Gowther with his own commandment (which I think it's the most probable).
Considering Gowther's commandment an its effects, I find pretty interesting how he could be cursed by his own commandment and what were the circumstances that lead to this. It is indeed very curious.
Another thing that may caused Gowther get cursed is related to his Balor Magical Eye. He probably stolen it from Dolor and this kind of thing broke the commandment, making him lost his memories and feelings (and possibly transforming him into a doll too). Actually, the hability to read the others mind is given because of this Balor Magical Eye.
I had a theory similar along the lines of that. The demon king was slowly over time becoming to see Meliodas as a threat and Gowther knew about this. Gowther attempted toget Mel on his side to rebel but Mel was too loyal to betray the DK at that time. So Gowther being unable to get to receive the support from Mel made him leave the ranks of the commandments and in turn inuring his own commandment on himself. Though i think it was more of a personal desire for Gowther as to why he left and fell to his own decree.

ShadowCT6

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I had a theory similar along the lines of that. The demon king was slowly over time becoming to see Meliodas as a threat and Gowther knew about this. Gowther attempted toget Mel on his side to rebel but Mel was too loyal to betray the DK at that time. So Gowther being unable to get to receive the support from Mel made him leave the ranks of the commandments and in turn inuring his own commandment on himself. Though i think it was more of a personal desire for Gowther as to why he left and fell to his own decree.
Interesting. I've seen a theory similar to our both in Reddit, but even more interesting. Check it out:
And I wonder what if Gowther ended up breaking his commandment because of Mel? He could have been sent to deal with Mel after his betrayal, but couldn't do it because he's his friend, and that can be seen as selfish because Gowther couldn't bring that kind of pain on himself, by killing his friend. I think Gowther would be mad because not only Mel possibly knew about him, but maybe also because he's somewhat responsible for what happened to him.

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think it sounds like Trunks travelled back to time to warn Goku that hed die from heart attack if wouldnt take the capsule coz the future was full of darkness ruled by androids. Bt anyway I think that would be so lame in my own opinion bruh. I think it would be better Ban will lead the new sins togethet with Gowther finally got a heart, Escanor could transform anytime he wants, and other Sins beefing up.
Yeah I wasn't really serious about that prediction (if you even call it that)

But I doubt Gowther will get a heart since he is a doll that was created. & I think the sins will function better without a "leader". Ban can get things done yeah but I don't see him leading the sins. They just devise a plan together, each says their ideas & work around it to find the best solution. If you think about it, Mel is their "leader" but in no way was he actually leading them. He even said their greatest strength is their lack of cooperation or something like that. Plus all their personalities nobody can "lead" them. Just devise a plan & execute it

Calum

Reaction score
Country
Scotland

But I doubt Gowther will get a heart since he is a doll that was created. & I think the sins will function better without a "leader". Ban can get things done yeah but I don't see him leading the sins. They just devise a plan together, each says their ideas & work around it to find the best solution. If you think about it, Mel is their "leader" but in no way was he actually leading them. He even said their greatest strength is their lack of cooperation or something like that. Plus all their personalities nobody can "lead" them. Just devise a plan & execute it
Unless Gowther gets his original body back.

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Unless Gowther gets his original body back.
Was it ever stated he had an "original" body? I don't remember all I remember was his commandment wiped his memory & any emotions he may have had.

Tragicdeath

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah sarcasm is the name of the game. And I think all of your posts were sarcasms, I get it. Anyhow, Im not really sure if you are being sarcastic bout Gowther getting a heart but ok I think he just stated he joined the suppose to be arc tournament coz he would hope having a heart once he win. I think there are 3 types of leadership FYI. Autocratic, Laisez faire and the democratic one. So you were absolutely defining Mel as a democratic one but still he is a leader. Yeah dont worry Mel is not alone because in real world hospitals are dealing different personalities because they are governed by democratic type of leadership.:cheez

Mard Geer

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Was it ever stated he had an "original" body? I don't remember all I remember was his commandment wiped his memory & any emotions he may have had.
Except, you know, there some spells that Gowther brings back all his memory, maybe TC will fcked-up or as a former TC, he's not as strong as entire TC? Is it?

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
Except, you know, there some spells that Gowther brings back all his memory, maybe TC will fcked-up or as a former TC, he's not as strong as entire TC? Is it?
Maybe, I mean its possible once he gets his commandment back & he regains all his memories + the memories he's already made (that in itself could be him getting a heart?) Idk I do know he wants to understand human emotions so maybe getting his commandment back will fix everything. It might even help him remember a way to restore memories that he's erased from somebody else (Diane). Idk if its me but I just find it hard you can erased & rewrite someone's memories, yet you can't restore them.

Mard Geer

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Maybe, I mean its possible once he gets his commandment back & he regains all his memories + the memories he's already made (that in itself could be him getting a heart?) Idk I do know he wants to understand human emotions so maybe getting his commandment back will fix everything. It might even help him remember a way to restore memories that he's erased from somebody else (Diane). Idk if its me but I just find it hard you can erased & rewrite someone's memories, yet you can't restore them.
OMG, if Diane's memory back, that means, all of her childhood memory of King, and her feelings for him..YAS!!!

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
OMG, if Diane's memory back, that means, all of her childhood memory of King, and her feelings for him..YAS!!!
Plus her skills as a fighter too if she combines that with what she learns from Matronna.

Calum

Reaction score
Country
Scotland
Why would Gowthers body originally be a doll?. His doll form is based off his original body I think.

Mard Geer

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Plus her skills as a fighter too if she combines that with what she learns from Matronna.
Even dangerous than before. In that case she can par with Dolor one-on-one.
Why would Gowthers body originally be a doll?. His doll form is based off his original body I think.
In that case, if Gowther put back all his memory, emotions and heart, does his body change back to it's "original form"?

TylerHawke

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's the thing we dont know exactly. We just know he's a doll (right now). Could that change? Yeah sure, but for now we don't know much else.
Even dangerous than before. In that case she can par with Dolor one-on-one.

In that case, if Gowther put back all his memory, emotions and heart, does his body change back to it's "original form"?
Maybe not one on one. I think Diane's fight with Dolor will be a 2v1 with maybe Matronna playing a supportive role in assisting Diane & she ultimately finishes him off unless Elizabeth somehow is able to convert Dolor & Gloxina & turn them against the TC. I also wonder what would happen if Hendrickson used "Purge" on those two.

Well idk about his "original" form. He "appears" to be the same according to the flashback maybe his "original form" is just him with everything in tact. Gowther goes based on facts & logic (Kinda) so I'm saying with whatever happened that made him quit being a TC 3k years ago + what he's been through w/ the sins & Co. since his introduction & getting his memories & emotions back will be his "heart"?

Plus if he is an original demon & not a doll wouldn't he already have a heart, if not several? Unless his decree wiped his memory along with his emotions & removed his hearts. Idk its too confusing with so little to go on.

Mard Geer

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
That's the thing we dont know exactly. We just know he's a doll (right now). Could that change? Yeah sure, but for now we don't know much else.

Maybe not one on one. I think Diane's fight with Dolor will be a 2v1 with maybe Matronna playing a supportive role in assisting Diane & she ultimately finishes him off unless Elizabeth somehow is able to convert Dolor & Gloxina & turn them against the TC. I also wonder what would happen if Hendrickson used "Purge" on those two.

Well idk about his "original" form. He "appears" to be the same according to the flashback maybe his "original form" is just him with everything in tact. Gowther goes based on facts & logic (Kinda) so I'm saying with whatever happened that made him quit being a TC 3k years ago + what he's been through w/ the sins & Co. since his introduction & getting his memories & emotions back will be his "heart"?

Plus if he is an original demon & not a doll wouldn't he already have a heart, if not several? Unless his decree wiped his memory along with his emotions & removed his hearts. Idk its too confusing with so little to go on.
Unless, Dreyfus' body was damaged, then Fraudrin will come back to Gowther's body..