Discussion - Elite Ten Council | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Doesn't anyone else find it strange the director hasn't reordered the Elite Ten seats or replaced them? We still have a vacant 3, 7, and 8th seat (and probably 10th once Azami realizes Erina is about to rebel against him)

Personally, I think the order should be the following:
1. Eishi
2. Rindo
3. Momo
4. Soumei
5. Nene
6. Eizan
7. Vacant/Erina
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Possibly Soma makes the list later, depending if he becomes a Central member or not.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Doesn't anyone else find it strange the director hasn't reordered the Elite Ten seats or replaced them? We still have a vacant 3, 7, and 8th seat (and probably 10th once Azami realizes Erina is about to rebel against him)
Or he may have already found the replacements, just that the readers aren't privy to it, yet.

I was under the impression Azami would use the SH to select suitable candidates for the vacant positions, but I did notice Ren & gang not saying (or even hinting) anything about it (which is quite strange, since the E10 spots are supposed to be highly coveted), so I think either he already has the candidates in mind or the spots are already filled. The logical process here would be to select those top 3rd year students to fill the seats.

Anyway, I do think it's not that urgent of an issue for him to settle, since there are more pressing matters at hand, ever since Souma & Ryou recorded unlikely victories against Central.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Or he may have already found the replacements, just that the readers aren't privy to it, yet.

I was under the impression Azami would use the SH to select suitable candidates for the vacant positions, but I did notice Ren & gang not saying (or even hinting) anything about it (which is quite strange, since the E10 spots are supposed to be highly coveted), so I think either he already has the candidates in mind or the spots are already filled. The logical process here would be to select those top 3rd year students to fill the seats.

Anyway, I do think it's not that urgent of an issue for him to settle, since there are more pressing matters at hand, ever since Souma & Ryou recorded unlikely victories against Central.
Personally, I'm still of the belief those seats are reserved for the AE trio once he can get his grubby hands on them. Two of the three have proven to be threats so far, I expect Akira to win out unless he's fighting Soma three days from now.

BaBYShiBa

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Personally, I'm still of the belief those seats are reserved for the AE trio once he can get his grubby hands on them. Two of the three have proven to be threats so far, I expect Akira to win out unless he's fighting Soma three days from now.
Yeah, provided they're fully loyal & committed to him, which is a VERY big ask & a long shot. I doubt Azami would want to take such a big risk. Selecting the very best of students from Central would be a much safer & prudent option for him.

However, I think it all of that depends on the outcome of Souma's match against Eishi. It may very well be a major turning point in this arc.

JonDou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
If the school is still upholding any of the pre-Azami rules, he is probably not keen to fill up seats in a voting body that could potentially vote him out. Recalling Isshiki's words in the dean's office, the vacant E10 seats were appointed. by the E10 counsel and the dean and school board assigned the seat number. Changes to the seat number were by Shokugeki. Let's assume Azami has done away with those rules, why would he keep around the power to vote him out?

He really has no reason to keep an E10 counsel around or fill any of those vacant seats unless he can fill them as a loyalty reward and they are no threat to him.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
@JonDou Just a correction on the E10 selection: The E10 does not partake in the selection of the replace seats, only the administrative board and the Dean. Shokugeki determines the shift in the seats.

I'm now under the belief he's trying to corrupt a few powerhouses from the 92nd generation to his side and started with Soma.

JonDou

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
@JonDou Just a correction on the E10 selection: The E10 does not partake in the selection of the replace seats, only the administrative board and the Dean. Shokugeki determines the shift in the seats.
I'm now under the belief he's trying to corrupt a few powerhouses from the 92nd generation to his side and started with Soma.
Well he feels sure that he's right about the direction he thinks cuisine in Japan should go. Actually, aside from having some dishonorable brats for students under him and being cold and unpleasant. Azami has been a man of his word and honorable. I wouldn't use the word corrupt, rather he hopes to convert mavericks to followers. I'm sure he thinks they are being SAVED from the same fate of his beloved(?) Sempai, Jouichirou. I'm sure he would love to save Soma and make Sempai happy. ^ ^;;;; If he appoints any more to the E10, they will be the truly converted.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
After reading 171, I have a feeling the PSD at one point will take the entire elite ten council, just as it has done in the past.

In that case, my order would be this:

1. Soma
2. Erina
3. Hisako
4. Megumi
5. Shun
6. Marui
7. Ryoko
8. Yoshino
9. Butt Bro 1
10. Butt Bro 2

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
After reading 171, I have a feeling the PSD at one point will take the entire elite ten council, just as it has done in the past.

In that case, my order would be this:

1. Soma
2. Erina
3. Hisako
4. Megumi
5. Shun
6. Marui
7. Ryoko
8. Yoshino
9. Butt Bro 1
10. Butt Bro 2
That's not gonna happen not with Alice/Ryo/Hayama/Subaru and Takumi in the same grade as them.

As for my current Elite Ten:

1. Eishi
2. Rindo
3. Momo
4. Soumei
5. Nene
6. Eizan
7. Erina
8. New Central member
9. New Central member
10. Hayama

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
That's not gonna happen not with Alice/Ryo/Hayama/Subaru and Takumi in the same grade as them.

As for my current Elite Ten:

1. Eishi
2. Rindo
3. Momo
4. Soumei
5. Nene
6. Eizan
7. Erina
8. New Central member
9. New Central member
10. Hayama
I don't think seats 3, 7, or 8 have been replaced yet.

And why can't actual members of the PSD take all E10 spots? Literally Azami said it himself in regards to late bloomers.

(And those other 5 can live in the PSD later down the road).

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think seats 3, 7, or 8 have been replaced yet.

And why can't actual members of the PSD take all E10 spots? Literally Azami said it himself in regards to late bloomers.

(And those other 5 can live in the PSD later down the road).
tsukada foreshadowed what e10 he wanted in the future during the e10 meet and greet

However the psd members can hopefully step their game up then it would be interesting to see students fighting over the e10 and it will make them relevant again because i dont care about any of them honestly...... the 8 ae finalist erina rindou, isshiki are the only characters i care about.... everyone else is meh.....for now

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
tsukada foreshadowed what e10 he wanted in the future during the e10 meet and greet

However the psd members can hopefully step their game up then it would be interesting to see students fighting over the e10 and it will make them relevant again because i dont care about any of them honestly...... the 8 ae finalist erina rindou, isshiki are the only characters i care about.... everyone else is meh.....for now
The 9 are certainly the main candidates, but I wouldn't surprised if some of the PSD members upsur them

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
I really wanna see Megishima, Isshiki and Kuga face their former Elite Ten member dose anyone else want it too happen as well? My preferred matches would be Rindo vs Megishima and Nene vs Isshiki I don't wanna see Eishi vs Kuga since we just seen him destroy Souma. So I would prefer it if was Momo or Satio was the one to face him instead. But I have feeling Saito will similar to Ryo and will hand him a crushing defeat like Eishi did to Souma.

Zekiel

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really wanna see Megishima, Isshiki and Kuga face their former Elite Ten member dose anyone else want it too happen as well? My preferred matches would be Rindo vs Megishima and Nene vs Isshiki I don't wanna see Eishi vs Kuga since we just seen him destroy Souma. So I would prefer it if was Momo or Satio was the one to face him instead. But I have feeling Saito will similar to Ryo and will hand him a crushing defeat like Eishi did to Souma.
yea they need to do something for once, im getting tired of them not doing anything. all the hype for nothing so far when it comes to the e10 because we havent seen their skills in action

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
This ties into some of my comparison between characters, but I am starting to notice a pattern between the current Elites and the Five first years that I think are being foreshadowed for holding Elite Ten seats in their second year. (Minus Erina)

- The calm and collected Chef (when cooking at least): Eishi, Nene, and Megumi
- The quirky, friendly chef (in social situations): Rindo, Satoshi, Soma
- The childish chef: Momo, Kuga, Alice.
- The Chef with other aspirations other than cooking: Eizan and Akira
- The Adult/Fighter Chef: Ryou and Soumei

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
So Eishi/Momo/Saito have won there matches. Hayama lost his and Rindou vs Megumi and Takumi is to be decided. So that leaves Nene,Eizan and the new Elites left. I think Nene and Eizan should win Nene for her hype and Eizan for the redemption. While the new Elite Ten members will be taken out by Alice and Ryo.

Marco Polo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So Eishi/Momo/Saito have won there matches. Hayama lost his and Rindou vs Megumi and Takumi is to be decided. So that leaves Nene,Eizan and the new Elites left. I think Nene and Eizan should win Nene for her hype and Eizan for the redemption. While the new Elite Ten members will be taken out by Alice and Ryo.
What do you think the outcome of Rindou's match will be? I don't rate Megumi and Takumi's chances if I'm honest so there's likely going to be two more "expulsions" there imo

I do think Alice and Ryo will win their matches, they're the only other cooks from that rebel group (excluding Erina) who are around Soma's level

What will be interesting is what happens to the Elite Ten after the Central Arc is done; I imagine the third years are graduating so there'll possibly be new E10 members if that system stays around... In which case Soma, Ryo and Alice (along with Hayama and Erina) are contenders to take up spots. What'll happen to Isshiki and Kuga I don't know, but again they're surely worth considering for re-entry (since Azami's regime will have been "overthrown" I doubt their opposition to him will mean much, but as far as plot goes, putting them back in may not be as exciting as introducing new people)

On the other hand, the Elite Ten system may be entirely abolished, which would give things more of a "free for-all" feel since "elite" status wouldn't be advertised any more