Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
Gildarts was serious off the bat do not give me that. Going all out=/=Serious. Gildarts only ever shot him after using his strongest move to date. After Hades fought the main cast and Makarov? Hades barely broke a sweat again both parties and at one point he was plain out playing with team Natsu. I doubt someone who struggled against Bluenote is beating Hades, he would have given a good fight for sure but beat? Hell no. Hades still had Grimaore Law under his belt etc.Not the Glidartz struggling against Bluenote again, please. As soon as Glidartz got serious he oneshotted him. Glidartz was an SS mage while Laxus was an S mage. Laxus was able to give patched Hades a decent fight after he had fought Makarov and the main cast so it's likely he was not as fresh as he was against Makarov, still the two lost I think Glidartz could've beaten patched Hades (NEVER unpatched Hades / Hades with heart).
Was the boost of Tenrou not given to Laxus? I think his guildmark was never erased.
Also not again with the Jura = Glidartz; Makarov was surprised as hell after seeing Laxus beat Jura which translates into "I have no fucking idea how strong Jura is".
But fine let's say not a solid tier above and let's leave it like that...
He was already in Dragon form. Do you really think he would change into human just for Gildarts? -_-He was in dragon form and got rid of limbs and left.
So I'm guessing that shows Acnologia's compassion?Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
Irene fought human form while Gildarts fought dragon form who posed for than a threat then the on version that Irene fought that used on attack.Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
You are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDDthing is, Makarov knows Gildarts very well. he knows how powerful Gildarts was in his prime(his young age, 20 - 30). Laxus trained for 3 months and Makarov couldn't know how powerful Laxus was until he fought Jura.
That's going a bit too far, Tenrou Glidartz ain't beating full power Hades.You don't know if he would win with Hades with Devil Heart. Um...
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/25
I doubt his heart still works if he sent a few miles in the in the ocean drowning.
People need to understand that Gildarts didn't use his speed feats in the start of the fight. Near the end, he sent bluenotestinger flying against a wall. Then he got there instantly/poof speed and sent him orbit and divided the clouds. Bluenotestinger couldn't react to Gildarts speed.
well, he didn't see Gildarts unleashed after 3 months. I guess he was comparing pre skip Gildarts to Jura. plus Laxus has Fairy Law. even if Gildarts is stronger than Laxus he can still pull off a win with Fairy LawYou are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDD

Where is your evidence for any of this?You are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDD
@Axiomus Natsu wasn't going all out because he didn't need to. Similarly I was wrong in saying Glidartz was going all out against Bluenote because for all I know he might just be fighting rather seriously, but not going all out.
Although I somewhat agree with you, I think we're entitled to assume how superior Glidartz is to Laxus because we don't know for sure.
That's going a bit too far, Tenrou Glidartz ain't beating full power Hades.
Hmmm Fairy Law is not working on characters who the user does not consider enemies!! So he can't use it on Glidartz :Pwell, he didn't see Gildarts unleashed after 3 months. I guess he was comparing pre skip Gildarts to Jura. plus Laxus has Fairy Law. even if Gildarts is stronger than Laxus he can still pull off a win with Fairy Law![]()
Wendy+Gajeel+Natsu against that metal dragon in the Edolas arc.So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.
Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.
Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
That wasn't a Unison. Just Natsu using Wendy's winds to propel himself faster.Wendy+Gajeel+Natsu against that metal dragon in the Edolas arc.
Well i go with other approach here ..Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.



)
Apparently that wasn't a Unison Raid...Wendy+Gajeel+Natsu against that metal dragon in the Edolas arc.
I'm not really counting the filler, I actually forgot lol.if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.
not counting the filler, I guess its Rogue+Sting's Unison raid although it was easily overpowered by Natsu' Secret Art.... much to my distaste.
Not actually that many, I think only 4 in the series:So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.
Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
Wait that was filler?if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.
not counting the filler, I guess its Rogue+Sting's Unison Raid although it was easily overpowered by Natsu' Secret Art.... much to my distaste.
He doesn't show compassion. He just couldn't be bothered to crush that bug who was never ever going to be a threat to him anyway. Acnologia is after dragons not mere humans like Gildarts. He was after Serena because he was a dragon slayer and made it a point to destroy him. He is out hunting them. That is his mission. Gildarts was probably some random ant in his path that he instantly blitzed and couldn't give two shits about finishing off.So I'm guessing that shows Acnologia's compassion?
Doesn't sound like a thing that Acnologia would do, honestly...
I think the best Unison Raid we've seen so far is the one you mentionned, without a doubt. The Sting + Rogue Unison Raid (i trust you for the name, my memory.....).So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.
Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
well, I didn't read that manga part but some guy on this forum said that they didn't do that huge blast where Acnologia was pushed back.Wait that was filler?