Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
 

Crimson Ice

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2016
Messages
2,259
Reaction score
3,715
Country
Vandenreich
Not the Glidartz struggling against Bluenote again, please. As soon as Glidartz got serious he oneshotted him. Glidartz was an SS mage while Laxus was an S mage. Laxus was able to give patched Hades a decent fight after he had fought Makarov and the main cast so it's likely he was not as fresh as he was against Makarov, still the two lost I think Glidartz could've beaten patched Hades (NEVER unpatched Hades / Hades with heart).

Was the boost of Tenrou not given to Laxus? I think his guildmark was never erased.

Also not again with the Jura = Glidartz; Makarov was surprised as hell after seeing Laxus beat Jura which translates into "I have no fucking idea how strong Jura is".

But fine let's say not a solid tier above and let's leave it like that...
Gildarts was serious off the bat do not give me that. Going all out=/=Serious. Gildarts only ever shot him after using his strongest move to date. After Hades fought the main cast and Makarov? Hades barely broke a sweat again both parties and at one point he was plain out playing with team Natsu. I doubt someone who struggled against Bluenote is beating Hades, he would have given a good fight for sure but beat? Hell no. Hades still had Grimaore Law under his belt etc.

Laxus' mark got erased, he's even referred to as the unbranded man in the chapter title.

What? How does being stronger than Laxus equate to being as strong as Gildarts? Makarov didn't even state that during the actual fight between them. Marakob was surprised after he beat Jura because he didn't know the extent of Laxus' growth because his only fight vs Raven Tail was hidden. In fact, what discredits Makarov?
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
He was in dragon form and got rid of limbs and left.
He was already in Dragon form. Do you really think he would change into human just for Gildarts? -_-

By that logic, why did he destroy all those places that he does in dragon form? Are they stronger than him?
 

Synn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
306
Reaction score
633
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
So I'm guessing that shows Acnologia's compassion?
Doesn't sound like a thing that Acnologia would do, honestly...
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
Acnologia probably thought that Gildarts was going to bleed out. Gildarts lost an arm, a leg, and some of his organs. The fact that he survived might be a testament to Gildart's tenacity, but it has no combat application as far as I'm concerned.
Irene fought human form while Gildarts fought dragon form who posed for than a threat then the on version that Irene fought that used on attack.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
thing is, Makarov knows Gildarts very well. he knows how powerful Gildarts was in his prime(his young age, 20 - 30). Laxus trained for 3 months and Makarov couldn't know how powerful Laxus was until he fought Jura.
You are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDD

@Axiomus Natsu wasn't going all out because he didn't need to. Similarly I was wrong in saying Glidartz was going all out against Bluenote because for all I know he might just be fighting rather seriously, but not going all out.

Although I somewhat agree with you, I think we're entitled to assume how superior Glidartz is to Laxus because we don't know for sure.

You don't know if he would win with Hades with Devil Heart. Um...
http://www.mangapanda.com/tale-of-fairy-ice-trail-koori-no-kiseki/4/25
I doubt his heart still works if he sent a few miles in the in the ocean drowning.
People need to understand that Gildarts didn't use his speed feats in the start of the fight. Near the end, he sent bluenotestinger flying against a wall. Then he got there instantly/poof speed and sent him orbit and divided the clouds. Bluenotestinger couldn't react to Gildarts speed.
That's going a bit too far, Tenrou Glidartz ain't beating full power Hades.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
You are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDD
well, he didn't see Gildarts unleashed after 3 months. I guess he was comparing pre skip Gildarts to Jura. plus Laxus has Fairy Law. even if Gildarts is stronger than Laxus he can still pull off a win with Fairy Law ;)
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
You are right, but 3 months had gone by for Glidartz too in which he might have (I bet he did) improved. Actually Tartaros Glidartz was > Tenrou Glidartz (at least we didn't see Tenrou Glidartz busting mountains). 3 months in this manga = triple your power. 1 year in this manga = you're 50 times stronger xDD

@Axiomus Natsu wasn't going all out because he didn't need to. Similarly I was wrong in saying Glidartz was going all out against Bluenote because for all I know he might just be fighting rather seriously, but not going all out.

Although I somewhat agree with you, I think we're entitled to assume how superior Glidartz is to Laxus because we don't know for sure.



That's going a bit too far, Tenrou Glidartz ain't beating full power Hades.
Where is your evidence for any of this?
Gildarts has casual mountain busting punches and speeds that Hades couldn't react to. He would demolished if Hiro didn't place him on his ass for the entire fight of Hades vs Fairy tail.
 

Char

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
689
Reaction score
1,963
Age
33
Country
Spain
well, he didn't see Gildarts unleashed after 3 months. I guess he was comparing pre skip Gildarts to Jura. plus Laxus has Fairy Law. even if Gildarts is stronger than Laxus he can still pull off a win with Fairy Law ;)
Hmmm Fairy Law is not working on characters who the user does not consider enemies!! So he can't use it on Glidartz :P
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.

Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
 

Woodenstool

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
897
Reaction score
408
Country
United States
So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.

Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
Wendy+Gajeel+Natsu against that metal dragon in the Edolas arc.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.

Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.

not counting the filler, I guess its Rogue+Sting's Unison Raid although it was easily overpowered by Natsu' Secret Art.... much to my distaste.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
Well i go with other approach here ..
Magic strongly depends on Mage heart (imo) and if two hearts can resonate with one another magic can as well That's why when i saw Meldy and Juvia close to one another i knew that unison raid is incoming :whistle:whistle

As for strongest Unison raid so far i would probably go with Sting and Rogue or recent Juvia and Meldy ( we haven't seen to much of unison raids still Hoping For Kagura and Erza unison raid but dunno how would it look like :errr:whistle)
 

Ebony Maw

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
1,995
Reaction score
8,124
Gender
Male
Country
Sabertooth
Wendy+Gajeel+Natsu against that metal dragon in the Edolas arc.
Apparently that wasn't a Unison Raid...
if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.

not counting the filler, I guess its Rogue+Sting's Unison raid although it was easily overpowered by Natsu' Secret Art.... much to my distaste.
I'm not really counting the filler, I actually forgot lol.
 

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.

Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
Not actually that many, I think only 4 in the series:
-Lucy & Juvia in TOH
-Wendy & Lucy against Hades
-Gray& Juvia in GMG
-Sting & Rogue in GMG
Jellal was right, Unison Raids aren't that common and the only two mages who can perform them willingly are Sting and Rogue
The strongest one I think is the Gray & Juvia one in GMG against Atlas Flame and Sherria & Lyon
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
if we are counting filler then the Unison Raid between Laxus' giant Lightning Roar+FT on Tenrou Island against Acnologia is the strongest Unison Raid so far.

not counting the filler, I guess its Rogue+Sting's Unison Raid although it was easily overpowered by Natsu' Secret Art.... much to my distaste.
Wait that was filler?
 

Laxus chan-yo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2016
Messages
590
Reaction score
2,635
Age
36
Country
Abu Dhabi
So I'm guessing that shows Acnologia's compassion?
Doesn't sound like a thing that Acnologia would do, honestly...
He doesn't show compassion. He just couldn't be bothered to crush that bug who was never ever going to be a threat to him anyway. Acnologia is after dragons not mere humans like Gildarts. He was after Serena because he was a dragon slayer and made it a point to destroy him. He is out hunting them. That is his mission. Gildarts was probably some random ant in his path that he instantly blitzed and couldn't give two shits about finishing off.

It baffles me how instantly getting blitz-stomped and maimed is considered a great feat now.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Takuan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
1,839
Reaction score
7,564
Age
33
Country
France
So could anybody answer a question that's been on my mind? What's the strongest Unison Raid we've seen? I want to say White Shadow Dragon's Flash Fang (apparently Rough Silk isn't a Unison Raid) but I'm not sure.

Also why can so many people do Unison Raids? They were introduced as something that only a handful of mages could pull of but we've seen a fair few.
I think the best Unison Raid we've seen so far is the one you mentionned, without a doubt. The Sting + Rogue Unison Raid (i trust you for the name, my memory.....).
I don't think so many people can do Unison Raids though, we didn't see a whole lot of them. We've seen from the Twins, from Gray+Juvia, and Juvia+Meldy. Is that all? I might forget some.
EDIT: Was the Lucy+Wedy combo really a Unison Raid though? To me it felt like a normal combo.
But yeah i guess Unison Raids can happen if there's a strong bond between the two individuals. If Gray and Juvia's love story finally develops we might see a pretty strong UR from them, overshadowing the Twins's one.
 
Top