Discussion Fairy Tail Power Ranking Thread

Which side are you on?

  • Team Spriggan 12

    Votes: 48 51.6%
  • Team Diabolos/Dragon Eaters

    Votes: 45 48.4%

  • Total voters
    93

Alvarez Princess

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
450
Country
New Zealand
Only Lyon was restricted emotionally, as seen here and here; this pretty much shows Gray in-character, not emotionally restricted or holding back in any shape or form. Ironically, it took their combined effort to one-shot a non-Spriggan mage... That hardly shows significant improvement in terms of power, because it also suggests that Gray alone couldn't handle his master, as seen when he was desperately trying to bring Lyon back to reality, hoping that he would fight seriously.

I agree that it was an emotional fight for Lyon, but Gray has closed that chapter of his life long ago.
Gray was taking Ul seriously, but he wasn't fighting as seriously as your suggesting he is. He wasn't going to a point that he would revert to using DeS spells until later on, otherwise he would've released a stronger than say ice make geyser. Based on feats, ice make geyser doesn't even come close to even bottom half portion of his arsenals.

Based on his repetoire, he has loads of spells that are superior to Ice make gesyer, but the didn't really use him because he was nerfed.. The point is Gray didn't summon any of his stronger attacks by feats on panel. He released an attack that wasn't exactly known to have solid feats.

Gray's performance was underwhelming because he was simply not going all out. Infact I'd say he wasn't even going all out in his natural base form either, based on what is seen so far compared to his battle against Silver. Gray's performance was dragged for Lyon to get character development, which is what the implications were clearly about. This wasn't a natural fight. It was an emotional and pyschological development one.

-Off-paneled
-Nerfed Gray
-Both characters not fighting to their full potential
-Emotional, Pyschological battle.
-Dragged fight where we don't get to see any actual spells from Gray like how he fought Ultear, Silver for example.

and basing it off how that he can't solo a spriggan? Talk to me when you actually know Gray's full DeS powers and see it from hand. That's like saying an all out Laxus can oneshot August because a half dead Laxus oneshotted Hades, and applying it that way. That's how absurd you're sounding. :)

Gray was emotional, he had a serious and enraged face, when he looked at Ul. That clearly shows he was emotional than Erza. I'm not sure how you're not event thinking about the concept that it was tough on Gray seeing his mentor. Let me know when Erza is put into a similar situation, then you can talk. :)

That's exactly the point. We know that Erza gets her ass kicked by three characters but she won because she stared at them, and the fact that she won means it was a mental game. So Gray+Lyon facing Ul was a mental mind game it means this isn't close to a testatement of the character's own powers... So when it's a mental game, it makes it obvious so you do the math. :)

. Oh and to let you know Gray's casual display against a spriggan impressed him enough to compliment Gray. :)

The bold stand.

I do hope that you are truly not basing this fight as any indication to what Gray can do. It's not in anyway a testament to what Gray can do. Let's get that sorted out here especially at a fight that was off-paneled.:amuse

The battles against Historia doesn't account to anything. :)

Answer these points, and answer the counters that are laid against you in the Gray thread before you speak.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
It was Gray's strongest spell in his base state, and it was pretty much a oneshot, considering Ul hardly took any damage prior to that. Considering they weren't really all that exhausted in releasing those spells, it was more of a low diff battle once Lyon got his shit together.

I would say Base Gray is > Ul as well.
not being exhausted doesn't mean its a low diff battle. Natsu was serious against Sting and Rogue and used his Secret Art to overpower their unison Raid. based on his moves, it was a mid-high diff battle. heck, Ur wasn't exhausted but that doesn't mean she was low diffing them in the beginning. plus, it was Gray and Lyon vs Ur not Gray vs Ur. I agree that Gray with DeS is stronger. I know you like Gray very much so lets say we agree to disagree
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alvarez Princess

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
450
Country
New Zealand
not being exhausted doesn't mean its a low diff battle. Natsu was serious against Sting and Rogue and used his Secret Art to overpower their unison Raid. based on his moves, it was a mid-high diff battle. heck, Ur wasn't exhausted but that doesn't mean she was low diffing them in the beginning. plus, it was Gray and Lyon vs Ur not Gray vs Ur. I agree that Gray with DeS is stronger. I know you like Gray very much so lets say we agree to disagree.

anyway, we are going off topic now.

I gave this chapter 7/10.
It was a low diff battle by the time Lyon got his shit together, not prior to it. Let's not compare other battles considering this was more of an emotional and psychological one.

So if I debate with you against Laxus, and disagree with your points, so I go with: I know you like Laxus very much, so let's agree to disagree.
See what I did there?

We were going off topic by the time Synn intervened.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
It was a low diff battle by the time Lyon got his shit together, not prior to it. Let's not compare other battles considering this was more of an emotional and psychological one.

So if I debate with you against Laxus, and disagree with your points, so I go with: I know you like Laxus very much, so let's agree to disagree.
See what I did there?

We were going off topic by the time Synn intervened.
emotional for Lyon but not so much for Gray.

I like Laxus but I don't praise him that high without any proof or anything. I can easily say that Gildartis is stronger than Laxus and yet Gildarts doesn't have any feats.

well, you started to say that Gray is stronger than Ur. you should have just let it go and go with his statement that Gray couldn't beat Ur alone.
 

Alvarez Princess

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
450
Country
New Zealand
emotional for Lyon but not so much for Gray.

I like Laxus but I don't praise him that high without any proof or anything. I can easily say that Gildartis is stronger than Laxus and yet Gildarts doesn't have any feats.

well, you started to say that Gray is stronger than Ur. you should have just let it go and go with his statement that Gray couldn't beat Ur alone.
You can not say it was not emotional for Gray, he's not a robot. He's facing his opponent that happens to be the face of his master, and mother-figure, to say it didn't effect him at all is absurd. It effected Lyon more sure, but logically it should hinder Gray in a lot of capacities as well.

I'm not praising Gray, considering my points and events that took place in there..

all out Base Gray is implied to be ahead of Ur, which is what Lyon and CR alluded to. To suggest he can't beat her despite being handicapped/nerfed even in his base state is reaching.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
You can not say it was not emotinal for Gray, he's not a robot. He's facing his opponent that happens to be the face of his master, and mother-figure, to say it didn't effect him at all is absurd.

I'm not praising Gray, considering my points and events that took place in there..

all out Base Gray is implied to be ahead of Ur, which is what Lyon and CR alluded to. To suggest he can't beat her despite being handicapped/nerfed even in his base state is reaching.
read again. I said it was emotional for Lyon but NOT SO MUCH FOR GRAY which means while it did had impact it was not on the Lyon's level.

see?? base Gray with DeS move is ahead of Ur. base Gray with his regular Ice Make is not THAT strong as some people believe he is. DeS magic puts him on the top.
 

Alvarez Princess

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
450
Country
New Zealand
read again. I said it was emotional for Lyon but NOT SO MUCH FOR GRAY which means while it did had impact it was not on the Lyon's level.

see?? base Gray with DeS move is ahead of Ur. base Gray with his regular Ice Make is not THAT strong as some people believe he is. DeS magic puts him on the top.
My point still stands, as it effected him.

We don't know for certain. Considering all Gray used was IM Geyser, and had spells with more punch against fodder when it comes to IM than he did against Ul. He took down Ultear with IM Gungnir, so an improved version of that can en enough to take down Ul.

Plus there are two modes for Gray's DES. Base Mode with DeS Magic and DeS Mode/Half demonized with Demon magic.
Obviously Des Mode with DeS magic is >>>> Base Mode with DeS magic.

ANyways, we should report all of the off-topic discussions regarding this and move on and talk about the chapter.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
not much but whatever. not downplaying but he was not THAT much affected by it. you overrate him much, no offense.

fight was also off panel. pretty sure Ultear was distracted. he started to use his regular Ice again and she was beaten by it despite Ultear nullifying his Ice Make until he used blood so yeah, Gray should have lost that a battle. I don't think Ultear was that much damaged by that attack anyway. she basically didn't wanna fight anymore. he had a big plot armor there although most fights are beaten by plot armor.

you are good girl so I don't really wanna have a fight with you. lets say we agree to disagree :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alvarez Princess

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2016
Messages
148
Reaction score
450
Country
New Zealand
not much but whatever.

fight was also off panel and the struggle was real, not to mention Ur was doing everything casually and she was smiling. pretty sure Ultear was distracted. he started to use regular Ice and she was beaten by it. he had a big plot armor there.
It did effect him by quite a bit. Saying not much is downplaying.

The struggle was real for plethora of reasons, mentioned many times. Just because she's smiling doesn't mean she was being casual. I already made my points clear (I mention the arguments and counters from the Gray discussion thread if you read them which solves this topic, and somehow is conveniently being ignored) Ultear being distracted doesn't take the fact that she was beated by an IM spell, and Ultear has better durability feats than Ul.
 
Last edited:

Sora

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
105
Reaction score
237
Gender
Male
Country
France
With this chapter, I'll go for God Serena weakest Spriggan.

Maybe, we'll see him again but for now, I can't remember one of them being OS every screentime. This's forgivable by Acnologia but Guildartz, who's not even at maximum (Like him too)... Come on dude!

Last time, even Natsu, Gray & Happy were joking with his combo technique...
 

Kyubi

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
197
Reaction score
754
Country
United Kingdom
Here's my updated FT guild ranking, up to the latest chapter (without breaking the 24-hour spoiler rule, by posting reasoning)
  1. Gildarts
  2. Laxus
  3. Natsu
  4. Erza/Gajeel
  5. Gray
  6. Mirajane
  7. Wendy
  8. Lucy/Makarov
  9. Juvia
Notable changes:
  • Gajeel moved up one spot. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and until the war ends and we see more from these two, I'll say he's equal or at least close to Erza;
  • Gray climbed up two spots, because I did not consider his Ice Devil Slayer Magic in my previous ranking, which logically puts him above Mirajane;
  • Makarov and Juvia are now in the ranking.
Fair rankings. Inb4 some wonder why you put Erza above Mirajane because she can dry out seas and Erza above Gray because he has some super secret move that we haven't even seen :eyeroll
Makarov is very much above Lucy tho, especially in titan mode.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Synn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
306
Reaction score
633
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Fair rankings. Inb4 ....wonders why you put Erza above Mirajane because she can dry out seas and Erza above Gray because he has some super secret move that we haven't even seen :eyeroll
Makarov is very much above Lucy tho, especially in titan mode.
I tied Makarov and Lucy because the latter can pretty much defeat the master with CSK, although it is a last resort thing. I'm waiting to see more of Lucy this arc to make up my mind about these two specifically. :P
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,244
Reaction score
33,630
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I tie Makarov with Mirajane, for now. Makarov simply doesn't look strong anymore, or at least isn't relevant to fights. If that's the case he could slide big time. Mirajane was already said to have formidable MP, and that was before she used Miralegria. So she could be above Makarov. He's still got FL which is OP. It all comes down to whether or not Hiro thinks it's worth having Makarov relevant.

Imo Lucy is the one who will surprise a few. It's just my hunch. I can see her being close to Mirajane.

Gray has potential. His DeS magic could rival base Natsu. I don't think he'll be FDKM level though. A fully demonised form would make things interesting too.
 

Summer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2015
Messages
530
Reaction score
1,569
Gender
Female
Country
Poland
Can you explain? Why should I put her on Natsu's level?
Coz you said that you want to count Lucy csk too , as far as destructive power goes I think csk is far much more destructive than natsu and csk durability is no joke either .

If you count csk then Lucy is pretty much above makarov , df Wendy , mirajane gray erza and gajeel.... since I think csk is far much more stronger than all of those that I mention .

Single slash destroy alegria , meteor blade pretty much could kill all the 1m soldier in the war now lol . And csk could turn someone into stone , dispel magic , control time.... even without magic Power attack he is already a beast.
 

Synn

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2015
Messages
306
Reaction score
633
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Coz you said that you want to count Lucy csk too , as far as destructive power goes I think csk is far much more destructive than natsu and csk durability is no joke either .

If you count csk then Lucy is pretty much above makarov , df Wendy , mirajane gray erza and gajeel.... since I think csk is far much more stronger than all of those that I mention .

Single slash destroy alegria , meteor blade pretty much could kill all the 1m soldier in the war now lol . And csk could turn someone into stone , dispel magic , control time.... even without magic Power attack he is already a beast.
But if it's part of Lucy's arsenal, why should I take it away or nerf her? Because the Celestial Spirit King is too strong? Like I said, it's a last resort. She has to destroy one of her keys to summon him, so she wouldn't do it right off the bat, obviously. Also, CSK's ability to dispel magic was kind of vague as well; does it work on all kinds of magic? Because it was used to dispel a curse, not magic...

But considering overall power, I think a fight between Lucy and Makarov could go either way. Makarov's Fairy Law won't work on Lucy and his Titan mode would not reach here, if she goes underground via Virgo. That is why I tied them in my ranking; because I haven't made up my mind on either of them.
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Coz you said that you want to count Lucy csk too , as far as destructive power goes I think csk is far much more destructive than natsu and csk durability is no joke either .

If you count csk then Lucy is pretty much above makarov , df Wendy , mirajane gray erza and gajeel.... since I think csk is far much more stronger than all of those that I mention .

Single slash destroy alegria , meteor blade pretty much could kill all the 1m soldier in the war now lol . And csk could turn someone into stone , dispel magic , control time.... even without magic Power attack he is already a beast.
I would not put CSK's destructive power above Natsu's—seeing as the War God in Avatar did the same destruction and yet got one-shotted without much effort by a Demolition Fist.

Also, when was it ever said or seen that CSK can control time? At most he used Immobilization Magic which Zeref has as well.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I rank Lucy with the Spirit King at around Mard Geer's level. He was able to turn him into stone, but Mard held back on using his etherious form. This give or take just about evens out. Now it's true that the Spirit King has larger AoE than Mard, but keep in mind that AoE is not everything. Ikusatsunagi's attacks actually have larger AoE, and in terms of actual power Alegria scales to Mirajane's Alegria takeover. Natsu's demolition fist can shatter Ikusatsunagi, as well as take out a member of the Spriggan 12. I rank that as being more impressive despite the AoE difference, as Spriggan 12 members were said to be above anyone that came before with the obvious exception of Acnologia and Zeref, and those who rivaled them.

But here's where I draw the line for who can defeat Lucy w/the Spirit King, and who cannot. The Spirit King was pierced by Mard Geer's thorns, but was able to regenerate from all the damage the thorns caused. Demolition fist should cause more damage than the thorns did. At the very least, it should be able to give the Spirit King pause and give Natsu enough time to land a hit against Lucy herself. In other words, any character with the ability to stun CSK enough so that they can land a direct hit that would knock out Lucy would still be stronger than Lucy, even if they can't duke it out with CSK.
 

Demon Hunter

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2016
Messages
4,434
Reaction score
12,850
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I rank Lucy with the Spirit King at around Mard Geer's level. He was able to turn him into stone, but Mard held back on using his etherious form. This give or take just about evens out. Now it's true that the Spirit King has larger AoE than Mard, but keep in mind that AoE is not everything. Ikusatsunagi's attacks actually have larger AoE, and in terms of actual power Alegria scales to Mirajane's Alegria takeover. Natsu's demolition fist can shatter Ikusatsunagi, as well as take out a member of the Spriggan 12. I rank that as being more impressive despite the AoE difference.

But here's where I draw the line for who can defeat Lucy w/the Spirit King, and who cannot. The Spirit King was pierced by Mard Geer's thorns, but was able to regenerate from all the damage the thorns caused. Demolition fist should cause more damage than the thorns did. At the very least, it should be able to give the Spirit King pause and give Natsu enough time to land a hit against Lucy herself. In other words, any character with the ability to stun CSK enough so that they can land a direct hit that would knock out Lucy would still be stronger than Lucy, even if they can't duke it out with CSK.
I think what they meant to say is that Lucy with CSK Star Dress would be a top tier, especially now because she would be significantly stronger then she was during the Tartaros arc and that CSK wouldn't be weakened as he was against Mard Geer. having CSK Star dress would be dope as hell.
 

LucifeCollins

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
74
Reaction score
172
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think what they meant to say is that Lucy with CSK Star Dress would be a top tier, especially now because she would be significantly stronger then she was during the Tartaros arc and that CSK wouldn't be weakened as he was during Mard Geer. having CSK Star dress would be dope as hell.
Oh, I'd love to see a CSK Star Dress that gives her CSK's full powers. That would just be the icing on the cake and put her at least on GoI level I believe. Maybe lower Spriggan, or would need some help to take down a Spriggan herself.

That would really make me happy even if I don't like Lucy myself. I just think it'd be great to have such a character receive that boost.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I think what they meant to say is that Lucy with CSK Star Dress would be a top tier, especially now because she would be significantly stronger then she was during the Tartaros arc and that CSk wouldn't be weakened as he was during Mard Geer. having CSK Star dress would be dope as hell.
That would be pretty awesome, yeah. If Lucy has the CSK star dress, that would cover her main weakness.

I don't think the Spirit King was weakened in the Tartarus arc though. A should have their celestial spirit have their own supply of magical power. I do think it's fair to say that Lucy limited him in the sense that when she ran out of magical power, the King had to use his own magical power to keep his gate open which probably was what slowed him down. However, I don't see the Spirit King summoned by Lucy as being weaker than the Spirit King who summons himself back in the Loke arc.
 
Top