I have to admit that some combination could be deadly
but here I can see that there are limitation for that as well for example to summon Benizakura she needs to sacrifice her defence so it's pretty obvious that she can't combine this with some ( most ) armors...<< Of course she may now combine more armors and weapons because her MP is definitely Higher than during GmG with no doubt
Dunno how that shit would look like but still waiting for KaguraxErza unison raid ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm leaving this thread i'm suck at this
There's probably other characters that I've missed, but I think they'd end up being equal one of those. Not talking hax either, otherwise DiMaria could move instantly in Age Seal.
Erza's faster armour right now is Wind God for me, it was the armour that did the best against Ajeel. Mira's probably faster that Erza? That's how I remember it. Kagura would likely be as fast as Erza too, or maybe even better.
People can hit faster people, so it's not a big advantage to have more speed, unless you can constantly blitz and evade thanks to better speed.
For reaction speed I think there's not much of a difference, and it probably comes down to reflexes and experience. Jellal/Laxus/Gildarts/Ajeel would be about the same imo, while Erza/Natsu/Gray/Gajeel would be slightly below that.
Okay, I guess that's where we disagree, and I don't believe in putting someone ahead of another based on "hype scaling" and "trump cards" they have not even shown yet, seems meaningless to me. ISD Gajeel>Erza, I have nothing on that.
Mirajane's power level=/=Seilah. I'm not buying that Seilah being able to macro Erza means Mira could too in that form. The bolded bit is laughable and doesn't need responding to, lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And really, idk the rule in this thread, but using "future potential" or a power not yet shown to place someone above the other is borderline silly, and this is the first time I can say I've seen that logic used anywhere, if this is how power ranking is argued in here, then LOL, I'm out, because that's just really illogical.
Since I also pegged Gray above Erza, this can be also attributed to me as well, hence I'm going to respond to this.
Breh, putting someone ahead of hype scaling and trump cards isn't anything new. It's what we predict and mostly believe happens. The rule of the thread basing on how you feel which character is ahead of another. DeS Gray Full power+ Trump card has him above Erza.
This isn't a feats scenario. I mean we're not putting Base Gray ahead of Erza, we're putting Gray at full power ahead of Erza. I mean ISD
Gajeel has the portrayal of DeS Gray, so yea you should have nothing on that.
Nah, isn't laughable, because Erza hasn't improved. She hasn't done anything other than show off a few new weapons, and got the hits on because of A CIS relegated Ajeel, so yea Erza isn't impressive dis arc.
Fair rankings. Inb4 some wonder why you put Erza above Mirajane because she can dry out seas and Erza above Gray because he has some super secret move that we haven't even seen
Makarov is very much above Lucy tho, especially in titan mode.
In b4 you can finally understood what hype, scaling and speculations means. Mirajane can easily be ahead of Erza if she improves on her stamina and MP increase issues. Gray is above because he not only has some secret power but because of his full DeS mode which hasn't been shown even close to yet.
Honestly I wouldn't put it past me if Laxus can oneshot Erza with a secret art or the nuke that was summoned on Ajeel. We saw how Ajeel was shitting his pants at that nuke, and Erza has no where near that level of durability to withstand them.
Honestly I wouldn't put it past me if Laxus can oneshot Erza with a secret art or the nuke that was summoned on Ajeel. We saw how Ajeel was shitting his pants at that nuke, and Erza has no where near that level of durability to withstand them.
After Hoteye jumped into the fray, before he didn't land one hit with the help of Cobra. She dodged Racer who tried to attack her from the back in her basic armor.
Soaring Armor also isn't her fastest armor. Red Pants/Samurai or Nakagami armor is.
Still couldn't even dodge that small explosion before it went off even if did have to grab Kagura.
Jellal blitzed a casual Jura who was barely taking the fight seriously. Jura didn't know it was Jellal until he did Grand Chariot.
Yeah the Dragons are the fastest. Acnologia and Igneel went into the outer atmosphere mid battle in seconds and the four parent Dragons blitzed across a Super continent within seconds. They are definitely the fastest being in this entire series.
Running through a bunch of road blocks and past the horizon twice in a split second is definitely a speed feat. It literally involves speed to do a feat like that.
Mira blitzed from the Ground to the top of Mercurius Castle before Zirconis got to eat Lucy. And the top of that Castle is a couple KM in the sky.
Mira is definitely a speedster. Erza did tag Ajeel multiple time before he went into Sand World. She was also able to slash so fast you couldn't even tell she moved from her position.
Both of these girls are fast characters that do can do their attacks as fast as they move. Unlike Jellal who got tagged by Sorano's fodder angels multiple times.
Running through fodders like that isn't a speed feet because every panel doesn't take same amount of time. See the dust rising. that can't happen instantaneously. It is more of a strength feat than a speed feat
I'd say DeS Gray (the spells) have the same portrayal as Base Gajeel. At the end of the day Gajeel and Gray probably have about the same magic power, and DeS spells are not stronger than DS spells.
Demonised/black markings Gray is where the enhancement of power comes from (I guess this is what you are referring too?). Imo DF Gajeel > Black marks Gray >= ISD Gajeel.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see ISD anymore, he could have used that against Bradman like Rogue did. Or maybe CiS so we can see DF Gajeel.
Pretty much m8. There's no reason for everyone to get so bewildered or upset for my reasonings to have Gray ahead of Erza lmao. It's like feats this feat that and feats this in these parts. Let's wait and see who will be right. I'm banking on Gray surpassing Erza soon enough.
I'd say DeS Gray (the spells) have the same portrayal as Base Gajeel. At the end of the day Gajeel and Gray probably have about the same magic power, and DeS spells are not stronger than DS spells.
Demonised/black markings Gray is where the enhancement of power comes from (I guess this is what you are referring too?). I'd say DF Gajeel > Black marks Gray >= ISD Gajeel.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see ISD anymore, he could have used that against Bradman like Rogue did. Or maybe CiS so we can see DF Gajeel.
Dude what? How are Base Gajeel's spells on the portrayal of Gray's?. Don't bring up that Bradman scenario because his IDeS Roar can't be compared to Gray's. Unless you mean Base Gray using Des Spell? Then I would put them on even. but if it's DeS mode Gray using DeS Spells, that is def > Base Gajeel and his spells.
@Takuan yeah, you're right. I don't want to give the impression I'm insulting @Woodenstool; unlike him, I am not. I just try to reason out with his "uncommon" logic to put it in some way. The gifs are to take it with humor not to disrespect I genuinely have fun in mangahelpers, there are a looooot of amazing people who can make awesome arguments.
I wouldn't want the thread closed- again; so I'd actually ask the mods not to take any of my replies as being bashing or downplaying anyone cause they're not
Besides, it doesn't hurt the eyes to see a gif every few sound and super well structured comments
@Jko agreed, Erza and Mira are fast but they don't have significant feats to put them on Laxus level. I don't think they are Laxus level, but, let's see what they've got to offer in upcoming battles.
Pretty much m8. There's no reason for everyone to get so bewildered or upset for my reasonings to have Gray ahead of Erza lmao. It's like feats this feat that and feats this in these parts. Let's wait and see who will be right. I'm banking on Gray surpassing Erza soon enough.
I do agree with you. I'd say Gray has a very good chance of being above Erza. Though one could argue that if Erza is to face Irene, and possibly get a power up (from Neinhart's words about her overwhelming magic power), then Erza also has some hype too.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gray/Erza turn out to be stronger than Gildarts/Laxus by the end, assuming those 2 don't do anything crazy powerful of course.
Nakagami is the strongest so far ( Most hacked ) but i don't see it be the fastest same goes to Red Pants ( Just my opinion )
This was the only time Erza speed was higher than Azuma and it was in Soaring Armor...I will go by by what we know that Red Pants decrease her Defense to let her summon Benizakura ( Increase Attack yeah speed at some degree as well ) while Soaring sacrifice Defense and Attack for Speed...
So IMO it's Erza fastest Amor and I don't see why it has been used in this discussion while we saw people counter it completely
Wingblade I don't buy that Armor before I will see it again in Action against someone worthy
Yeah I will add that Laxus without using Lighting to speed himself up may be slower than Erza in Soaring Armor but it changes drastically when Laxus covers himself in Lighting
As for Mira I would wait for something else from her during this Arc ( She is also fast I agree with that ) because so far she blitzed these two lieutenants while probably using her strongest form ( she called it her Ace ) and we saw characters do that earlier ( Even if Irene girls are stronger than them it won't be tiers above ) so I waiting for some feats during her vs Jacob and hope Hiro will actually focus on " Fighting "
Just my opinion passing by
Or maybe we have the wrong definition of speed inside our head because I can't see in that outstanding speed feat
What you are talking about is movement speed or attack speed. Benzikuru when erza is going out has probably higher attack speed. Souring armor has better movement speed feat.
Laxus base might be slower than erza souring armor speed. That is just erza hate.
That like saying laxus lb might be faster than base erza speed.
I do agree with you. I'd say Gray has a very good chance of being above Erza. Though one could argue that if Erza is to face Irene, and possibly get a power up (from Neinhart's words about her overwhelming magic power), then Erza also has some hype too.
I wouldn't be surprised if Gray/Erza turn out to be stronger than Gildarts/Laxus by the end, assuming those 2 don't do anything crazy powerful of course.
Hm that is true, but in Gray's case, we not only know his full power, but also his trump card. Erza getting a powerup is a mere speculation. I think we pretty saw what Erza was capable of doing since she fought a spriggan, and she was going all out. Overall, your statement is agreeable to some extent though.
Technically, according to the version I read, that sword actually hit its target before it actually makes contact so it's an attribute of the sword not a speed feat. In any case, you believe Erza > Laxus in terms of speed?
Hmmm nope, August's energy pilar was seen from a distance, for all we know it could very well be multi-mountain buster. As a matter of fact the light from the pillar could be seen from the guild before universe one; they were probably hundreds (thousands?) of km away.
The main cast weren't even trying and God Serena was at 50% or less because he was a historia so it's not all that impressive if you ask me that Glidartz could crash his attack. Impressive for me would be Glidartz crashing August's attacks, which won't happen (or at least it's unlikely).
While you're right, at what speed did she flip over? Maybe it was at an extreme speed. Also, why do you claim that attack could be seen coming? I think it was borderline instantenous: he raised his arm, floor collapsed.
While it was not a cqc battle, there was an interchange of attacks: Irene attacked, Acno tanked, Acno attacked, Irene dodged, Irene teleported him away. That could be considered a battle. A battle that Irene would've lost hadn't it been for U1.
He was too surprised and overwhelmed by "an unbeknowst magic to even himself" to attack, but I guess in that second he could've blitzed her had he wanted. PiS?
It may be right but you have no proof, you should try harder.
I'm not sure if the spin-offs are considered cannon, I'd say they're not, which means Glidartz only has decent speed feats but not good speed feats unlike Laxus. By powerscaling he might/should be around as fast as / maybe even faster than him but we don't have feats to prove so.
Because in the tournament, mods allowed a stupid version of Natsu, an Alvarez DF Natsu, which still hasn't appeared. Ofc DF Natsu could beat God Serena; but current Natsu, probably not.
If Glidartz can crash mountain level attacks then he can crash anything Natsu throws at him yes, but we don't know if he can crash such attacks (crashing a mountain =/= crashing a mountain busting attack)
August is clearly the weakest Spriggan12 since he got stabbed by Brandish...
There are times when erza is indeed faster than laxus. At least in attack speed.
You have to keep in mind that erza was never a fodder to laxus. Like natsu was to erza.
But shouldn't it mean that Erza red pants in terms of speed is way of faster than Laxus and Jura where Makarov Couldn't believe that Laxus keeping up with him( Makarov keeping up with these two with his eyes )... < ignore this ( bait )
Also during Erza vs Azuma Soaring Armor give Erza advantage in terms of speed over Azuma while with Red Pants she couldn't come to hit him.
In terms of speed i place Erza Armors like that Soaring/Red pants ( pretty close but wth slight advance to Soaring armor ) and then Wingblade ( need to see this against someone strong ) or Nakagami ( it's strongest but it doesn't mean it's fastest tbh it lacks speed feats of Soaring or Red Pants )
But as i said good point with Kagura and Erza ( even if the end of the fight was meh ...:P ) but i think that the main difference there have done Benizakura and Makarov words are almost like Happy words during Tartarous ( also i take in account the state that Kagura was in she was crying while fighting Erza you can't say she was focused atm )
No those words are like jura cannot be defeated kind of hype. If you want to ignore that, you should ignore jura hype so you are consistent.
To me, both of them were indeed moving faster than jura land laxus at that moment.
It was very simple, erza was being compared to markarov (Jupiter tier hits and that attack speed) and laxus was being compared to gildarts.
Since I also pegged Gray above Erza, this can be also attributed to me as well, hence I'm going to respond to this.
Breh, putting someone ahead of hype scaling and trump cards isn't anything new. It's what we predict and mostly believe happens. The rule of the thread basing on how you feel which character is ahead of another. DeS Gray Full power+ Trump card has him above Erza.
This isn't a feats scenario. I mean we're not putting Base Gray ahead of Erza, we're putting Gray at full power ahead of Erza. I mean ISD
Gajeel has the portrayal of DeS Gray, so yea you should have nothing on that.
Nah, isn't laughable, because Erza hasn't improved. She hasn't done anything other than show off a few new weapons, and got the hits on because of A CIS relegated Ajeel, so yea Erza isn't impressive dis arc.
In b4 you can finally understood what hype, scaling and speculations means. Mirajane can easily be ahead of Erza if she improves on her stamina and MP increase issues. Gray is above because he not only has some secret power but because of his full DeS mode which hasn't been shown even close to yet.
I can't understand how are you using the hype here. Gray secret isn't hyped to be stronger than erza. He just have it end or zeref.
So if you use the hype, gray should be strongest in fairy tail far above laxus. Erza isn't in the equation here.
No those words are like jura cannot be defeated kind of hype. If you want to ignore that, you should ignore jura hype so you are consistent.
To me, both of them were indeed moving faster than jura land laxus at that moment.
It was very simple, erza was being compared to markarov (Jupiter tier hits and that attack speed) and laxus was being compared to gildarts.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can't understand how are you using the hype here. Gray secret isn't hyped to be stronger than erza. He just have it end or zeref.
So if you use the hype, gray should be strongest in fairy tail far above laxus. Erza isn't in the equation here.
I can use the hype and scale, because there's no restricting in the thread of use of hype or scaling in this one. Gray's trump card isn't hyped by the manga to be ahead yet but since it's used against END or Zeref, it def has the means to be very very strong. Accompanied that with Gray's own hype with his demonized full mode, then yea it's not absurd to suggest he can be ahead of Erza.
Pretty much m8. There's no reason for everyone to get so bewildered or upset for my reasonings to have Gray ahead of Erza lmao. It's like feats this feat that and feats this in these parts. Let's wait and see who will be right. I'm banking on Gray surpassing Erza soon enough.
Dude what? How are Base Gajeel's spells on the portrayal of Gray's?. Don't bring up that Bradman scenario because his IDeS Roar can't be compared to Gray's. Unless you mean Base Gray using Des Spell? Then I would put them on even. but if it's DeS mode Gray using DeS Spells, that is def > Base Gajeel and his spells.
I can use the hype and scale, because there's no restricting in the thread of use of hype or scaling in this one. Gray's trump card isn't hyped by the manga to be ahead yet but since it's used against END or Zeref, it def has the means to be very very strong. Accompanied that with Gray's own hype with his demonized full mode, then yea it's not absurd to suggest he can be ahead of Erza.
Mashima has treated Natsu to be surpassing Erza already. There are now chances or likely already that other chars will be suprassing Erza soon if they haven't already. She's the benchmark used.
What I think the future holds for Erza? To be ahead of Mirajane, Makarov, and Gildartz, Jura, but below Gajeel, Gray, Laxus and Natsu.
Hm that is true, but in Gray's case, we not only know his full power, but also his trump card. Erza getting a powerup is a mere speculation. I think we pretty saw what Erza was capable of doing since she fought a spriggan, and she was going all out. Overall, your statement is agreeable to some extent though.
It's definitely speculation I agree. It could all boil down to a weakness of the Historia magic, rather than a power of Erza's. I think it felt like a potential power up though, especially the way Neinhart dealt with it... by connecting Erza to Irene. As a fan of Erza's I prefer her to use the Knight/Requip more than a different power up. Tbh I was let down by her inflation over the timeskip, though it's understandable that Natsu surpassed her... but Laxus widened the gap between by a bit, and that was a little surprising.
As for Gray, my guess is his Black Markings power level is just shy of Invel's, but Gray's resistance will win out.
Because that would be giving Gray way too much hype to put him above Laxus. At best, I can hype that to be on his tier, but not even close to being above him yet. That's reaching too much to hype on something we don't know. So it's safer to put him compared to Erza at the very least reasonable wise.