A Fateful Encounter | Page 57 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought you were talking about the singers specifically. I discovered Aimer thanks to Last Stardust (and Brave Shine). Now I really like her 'ninelie' for Koutetsujou and am looking forward to her new singles. As for Kalafina, well, their style is established and I'm a sucker for that kind of music style, so I always find reasons to love them even though the songs are repetitive. XD Which ones are your favs?
Yeah Aimer is pretty great, I actually discovered her a long time ago, bc she did the intro songs for Fate/Hollow Ataraxia I believe xD ninelie is pretty good too, yep. I do like Kalafina's style too, repetitive or not, but I don't enjoy their songs as much as I used to I think... fav songs from Kalafina you mean?

Rem sure loves that stench now... :hurr She is so deeply in love with Barusu, that it is really really cute. Waifu of the season. Ggwp Emilia.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wasn't there a new fate Manga supposed to start? Edited Mangas I mean... :pout
Yeah she's quite cute now :blush Waifu of the season I don't agree though xD

Well first real chap came like 1-2 weeks ago or so? No one did scanlate it yet though :(

btw dude, that first Zestiria episode, holy moly. Pretty great stuff, as usual ufotable delivers.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

:zomg

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah she's quite cute now :blush Waifu of the season I don't agree though xD

Well first real chap came like 1-2 weeks ago or so? No one did scanlate it yet though :(

btw dude, that first Zestiria episode, holy moly. Pretty great stuff, as usual ufotable delivers.

:zomg
You don't have to. She is for me. :3

Guess we have to wait then, huh? =/

You know it is good if the main character does not even appear. Looks to bme like Ufotable wants to correct many of the games mostakes. For example Alisha was not a part of the team anymore really early in the game for no reason whatsoever.They substituted her... (Because with her the fighting system would not have worked anymore as you could only control 2 humans.)
That song reminds me of a fight in game... I got my ass kicked so many times but hey at least the fighting OST (the video here) was cool... :kappa

Also just watched the 24th ep of AssClass. That was so great. That farewell song. T___T

Also Rewrite... Did you watch it? I have mixed feelings about the episode.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You don't have to. She is for me. :3

Guess we have to wait then, huh? =/

You know it is good if the main character does not even appear. Looks to bme like Ufotable wants to correct many of the games mostakes. For example Alisha was not a part of the team anymore really early in the game for no reason whatsoever.They substituted her... (Because with her the fighting system would not have worked anymore as you could only control 2 humans.)
That song reminds me of a fight in game... I got my ass kicked so many times but hey at least the fighting OST (the video here) was cool... :kappa

Also just watched the 24th ep of AssClass. That was so great. That farewell song. T___T

Also Rewrite... Did you watch it? I have mixed feelings about the episode.
Yeah, it's nothing unusual when it comes to Fate... xD at least it usually comes at some point, the only question is when.

I read stuff like that on MAL too (one of the few cases when I actually read it, bc I wanted to know how the episode was compared to the game... :XD), I wonder how faithful they will be. Not like I would mind some revisions to the story, if it's for the better. People kept wondering why the heroine from Tales of... Berseria or something appeared in the OP lol.
Some people kept saying they didn't really understand what was going on, but I thought it was pretty clear... I mean the stuff you don't get is supposed to be a mystery I assume, obviously, otherwise it was just fine, even though the directing was certainly a bad weird at times. I guess you gottta use your head at times to figure it out, and some people hate to do that :kappa

Pretty good end yeah, nothing to complain about =) It never really grew much on me though, so I won't exactly miss it a lot, even though it was a fun ride.

And I think we already talked about Rewrite :D

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah, it's nothing unusual when it comes to Fate... xD at least it usually comes at some point, the only question is when.

I read stuff like that on MAL too (one of the few cases when I actually read it, bc I wanted to know how the episode was compared to the game... :XD), I wonder how faithful they will be. Not like I would mind some revisions to the story, if it's for the better. People kept wondering why the heroine from Tales of... Berseria or something appeared in the OP lol.
Some people kept saying they didn't really understand what was going on, but I thought it was pretty clear... I mean the stuff you don't get is supposed to be a mystery I assume, obviously, otherwise it was just fine, even though the directing was certainly a bad weird at times. I guess you gottta use your head at times to figure it out, and some people hate to do that :kappa

Pretty good end yeah, nothing to complain about =) It never really grew much on me though, so I won't exactly miss it a lot, even though it was a fun ride.

And I think we already talked about Rewrite :D
It usually comes at some point... Like Fate itself... :kappa

I hope they won't be that faithful. They can let the parts where all the characters get introduced be the same but the main plot needs to be changed. It was simply not good enough for a JRPG. Similar to Final Fantasy XII in that regard.
Zestiria and Berseria are related. The latter is the past of Zestiria. Berseria will be released son so they probably use this as a promotion tool. I do not mind as Velvet is hot. :hurr Also I think she is a better main character than Sorey...
If you mean the storm... Well if they follow the game at least for a bit it won't be one for long. :XD

The first episode, yes. But the second? :kappa The art is not good. All the girls look completely the same apart from their hairstyle which was proven by the ending... Not rly a good choice to make it that obvious. :XD Also it is rushed as fuck and I get the feeling they are not quite sure what to adapt here.
Though they adapted a lot of the awesome stuff. Trolltarou made me laugh again very hard. x'D If they include the Yoshino song and the Lamesters as well this will be a perfect adaption of the common route. :XD I mean the only thing that made me cry regarding Rewrite was the common route - in terms of crying of laughter - as well as the wasted potential...

Planetarian on the other hand looks gorgeous. I heard it will be 5 episodes only? Also that it will rip your heart out... Sounds like classic key... :kappa

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Nii have you seen ReZero?
Wasn't that the best episode of the whole season so far? :zomg
actually episode 15 that was released today was the best episode of ReZero

Last edited:

JediKnightWhoSaysNi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Howdy there sir~ You're a Re:Zero fan?
Yes i am a big Re:Zero fan, i love the episodes, and speaking of episodes that last episode omg, that was crazy.

On side note, the manga is slower than the anime slightly, as in like the episode 15 displayed content not yet revealed in the manga.

What did you think about episode 15 Niichan-senpai?

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
The Manga is not the source material. It is based on a Light Novel.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It usually comes at some point... Like Fate itself... :kappa

I hope they won't be that faithful. They can let the parts where all the characters get introduced be the same but the main plot needs to be changed. It was simply not good enough for a JRPG. Similar to Final Fantasy XII in that regard.
Zestiria and Berseria are related. The latter is the past of Zestiria. Berseria will be released son so they probably use this as a promotion tool. I do not mind as Velvet is hot. :hurr Also I think she is a better main character than Sorey...
If you mean the storm... Well if they follow the game at least for a bit it won't be one for long. :XD

The first episode, yes. But the second? :kappa The art is not good. All the girls look completely the same apart from their hairstyle which was proven by the ending... Not rly a good choice to make it that obvious. :XD Also it is rushed as fuck and I get the feeling they are not quite sure what to adapt here.
Though they adapted a lot of the awesome stuff. Trolltarou made me laugh again very hard. x'D If they include the Yoshino song and the Lamesters as well this will be a perfect adaption of the common route. :XD I mean the only thing that made me cry regarding Rewrite was the common route - in terms of crying of laughter - as well as the wasted potential...

Planetarian on the other hand looks gorgeous. I heard it will be 5 episodes only? Also that it will rip your heart out... Sounds like classic key... :kappa

Yes i am a big Re:Zero fan, i love the episodes, and speaking of episodes that last episode omg, that was crazy.

On side note, the manga is slower than the anime slightly, as in like the episode 15 displayed content not yet revealed in the manga.

What did you think about episode 15 Niichan-senpai?
Well so far I'm enjoying Zestiria, ufotable is delivering :3 And if they change the story for the better that's perfectly fine to me XD

Let's be real, Rewrite had sameface syndrom in the VN too, too many VN/anime/manga do. I mean this way it becomes even more obvious, but it already was very clear since episode one :XD And ofc it's going to get rushed, they don't have much time. It will be anime original anyway, as they're planning to cover the Key as a 6th heroine of sorts.
Yoshino song would be greatness =D Also I don't think Rewrite was as bad as that, I didn't like the final route but besides that it was a fine VN. Not really the classic Key VN, but still.

We already talked about planetarian I believe :D

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well so far I'm enjoying Zestiria, ufotable is delivering :3 And if they change the story for the better that's perfectly fine to me XD

Let's be real, Rewrite had sameface syndrom in the VN too, too many VN/anime/manga do. I mean this way it becomes even more obvious, but it already was very clear since episode one :XD And ofc it's going to get rushed, they don't have much time. It will be anime original anyway, as they're planning to cover the Key as a 6th heroine of sorts.
Yoshino song would be greatness =D Also I don't think Rewrite was as bad as that, I didn't like the final route but besides that it was a fine VN. Not really the classic Key VN, but still.

We already talked about planetarian I believe :D
Did you quote one too much? :XD

It is hard not to enjoy it with such fluid fighting animation. Just hope the"Seraphim Equip" looks even better than in the OP. Also I want my Edna to appear soon. :wtf

I do not really mind that in a VN as the art (especially from key) is rather simple. But remember this.
Rewrite could have looked like this. That is what really annoys me...
Well Kagari is cute so I do not mind. Well... one of them is... :kappa
Yoshino song would be the cherry on top... But WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Nah not bad but with key I expect feels. LB was unlimited water works. I expected feels like G-Senjou... Got shounen instead. Wanted to feel for Kotori and co... But I just couldn't as the story was too over the top...
PS: As usal, the Dr3i! OP is already put. :blush

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

This may sound weird, but I think Chise looks hot in the top right panel xD...

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good times when Nii still answeres posts... Pepperidge farm remembers. :kappa

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did you quote one too much? :XD

It is hard not to enjoy it with such fluid fighting animation. Just hope the"Seraphim Equip" looks even better than in the OP. Also I want my Edna to appear soon. :wtf

I do not really mind that in a VN as the art (especially from key) is rather simple. But remember this.
Rewrite could have looked like this. That is what really annoys me...
Well Kagari is cute so I do not mind. Well... one of them is... :kappa
Yoshino song would be the cherry on top... But WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Nah not bad but with key I expect feels. LB was unlimited water works. I expected feels like G-Senjou... Got shounen instead. Wanted to feel for Kotori and co... But I just couldn't as the story was too over the top...
PS: As usal, the Dr3i! OP is already put. :blush
Yeah I forgot to answer JediKnight but wtv I guess..... x'D

I think I know who Edna is, she looks promising :3

Right, the nice OP. Well I guess 8bit is the new (old) Deen when it comes to VN adaptions, they fucked up Grisaia as well from what I've heard lol.
This episode the Yoshino faces when switching scenes cracked me up, I really hope they're going to give us the Yoshino song too x'D
BUT WHYYYYY was nice too :lmao

I could feel with most of them until Moon tbh, after that they simply get ignored for the most part, which was one of the most dumb decisions the writer made. Wasted potential, making you care for them and then making none of them appear or be of importance during the final arc. I can see this as a two-parter, the main route with all the girls was fun and on the good side for the most part. Moon and Terra were 50% great and 50% just bullshit, namely Terra....

Not a big fan of the Drei Song tbh.

This may sound weird, but I think Chise looks hot in the top right panel xD...
Yeah I know what you mean dude, half transformations have this certain charm, I love it too :zomg Besides that so happy for Chise, finally she got her first human child friend. That she's only 10 is slightly surprising, they're not that mature normally... not all that realistic if you ask me but it was funny and it doesn't really matter too much. Also Elias is such a jelly bear :3

I'm rather hyped with the reappearance of you know who, I'm sure it will brong lots of juicy drama hehe.

Good times when Nii still answeres posts... Pepperidge farm remembers. :kappa
I answer most posts, just a matter of when. Now stop bitching :p

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I forgot to answer JediKnight but wtv I guess..... x'D

I think I know who Edna is, she looks promising :3

Right, the nice OP. Well I guess 8bit is the new (old) Deen when it comes to VN adaptions, they fucked up Grisaia as well from what I've heard lol.
This episode the Yoshino faces when switching scenes cracked me up, I really hope they're going to give us the Yoshino song too x'D
BUT WHYYYYY was nice too :lmao

I could feel with most of them until Moon tbh, after that they simply get ignored for the most part, which was one of the most dumb decisions the writer made. Wasted potential, making you care for them and then making none of them appear or be of importance during the final arc. I can see this as a two-parter, the main route with all the girls was fun and on the good side for the most part. Moon and Terra were 50% great and 50% just bullshit, namely Terra....

Not a big fan of the Drei Song tbh.

I answer most posts, just a matter of when. Now stop bitching :p
Yeah who needs other fanboys when you have us? :kappa

If you are not 100% sure yet, it is the small girl with the yellow dress. :D

Though I am not even mad so far. The comedy is really good. Maid Lucia really caught me off guard as I did not expect them to show that. The Yoshino transitions were pure genius. Especially the last one with a Yoshino inside Yoshinos pants. The only thing missing during those quests was Kotarou trying to use the Chihaya cannon / laser and Lucia playing along. :D Chibimoth looked so cute though. :wtf
BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is there such a lack of Shake it now, baby now?!
Really does look to me like they want to go with Kotarou as either a part of Guardian or neutral with Kotori while Gaia will be the sworn enemy. Though that still would not give them enough time to introduce Sakuya as the badass and bro he really is. I might be completely wrong though as the suit which Kotarou wears in his flashbacks was his outfit while he worked for Gaia, no? Or am I wrong here?
Not that actually matters as there are infinite possibilities...

If you ask me there were simply too many side characters which just had to be put in during those routes. Just to make it seem plausible that Kotarou is way older than 17. I like that the Anime kinda mentions that quite a lot though.
Not sure if Terra was mere bullshit. Sure it was quite the letdown after the cool Moon route and the lovely parts between Moon Kagari and Trolltarou but it was still bearable if I ignore for a moment that I expect much better stuff from key.

Sure it is no "Kaze no Uta", "Re:Call" or "bring it on my destiny" but I think it is still cute. :D

We just want more of your attention. :pout

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah who needs other fanboys when you have us? :kappa

If you are not 100% sure yet, it is the small girl with the yellow dress. :D

Though I am not even mad so far. The comedy is really good. Maid Lucia really caught me off guard as I did not expect them to show that. The Yoshino transitions were pure genius. Especially the last one with a Yoshino inside Yoshinos pants. The only thing missing during those quests was Kotarou trying to use the Chihaya cannon / laser and Lucia playing along. :D Chibimoth looked so cute though. :wtf
BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY is there such a lack of Shake it now, baby now?!
Really does look to me like they want to go with Kotarou as either a part of Guardian or neutral with Kotori while Gaia will be the sworn enemy. Though that still would not give them enough time to introduce Sakuya as the badass and bro he really is. I might be completely wrong though as the suit which Kotarou wears in his flashbacks was his outfit while he worked for Gaia, no? Or am I wrong here?
Not that actually matters as there are infinite possibilities...

If you ask me there were simply too many side characters which just had to be put in during those routes. Just to make it seem plausible that Kotarou is way older than 17. I like that the Anime kinda mentions that quite a lot though.
Not sure if Terra was mere bullshit. Sure it was quite the letdown after the cool Moon route and the lovely parts between Moon Kagari and Trolltarou but it was still bearable if I ignore for a moment that I expect much better stuff from key.

Sure it is no "Kaze no Uta", "Re:Call" or "bring it on my destiny" but I think it is still cute. :D

We just want more of your attention. :pout
You can never have enough fanboys :kappa

Yep, I got the right one :D

I'm not mad bc I never really cared much, tbh. The comedy is done well indeed, and we knew the story would get completely butchered anyway, so all's good I guess... xD Yoshino inside Yoshino's pants was the best part, definitely :XD
Not sure when that happened in the VN, but I guess it's not really that much of an iconic event to most japanese people, seems like a western thing (talking about Shake it now here).

And here Chihaya's route had the best action and a good story, it's kinda sad if we don't get that at all... but it's rather hard to show it as part of everyday life, it was rather easy with Shizuru and Lucia. Uh to be honest I forgot a fair chunk of the details, so I'm aware that Kotarou is way older than the rest etc but don't ask me if he fought for Gaia there or not xD

Eh we're talking an awful lot about Rewrite, but I guess even that's possible with a VN we both feel lukewarm about lol... take that as a hint :p
And yeah I'm exaggerating with calling it bullshit, but the whole final arc left me so unsatisfied and disappointed that it almost ruined the enjoyment I had with the other routes. Terra was by far the worst route in my eyes and it didn't work for me at all, so for me it was more or less "bullshit".

You always get my attention on Slack, don't you? ;)

And what a lovely mother/daughter reunion, thanks for the pic :blush

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Before I answer:

Also:

I love em both. :wtf
Oh and here it finally is:

I am hyped beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks ufotable. :kreygasm :arf

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Before I answer:

:arf
Also:

I love em both. :wtf
Oh and here it finally is:

I am hyped beyond my wildest dreams. Thanks ufotable. :kreygasm
Before I answer huh... sure does take you a long time :kappa

Both are good songs, but I don't love either tbh. FLOW songs never are bad, but I guess I don't love all of them :XD

Also like I told you, we already saw that OP during the second Berseria episode, so I've seen that long ago xD It looks cool indeed, ufotable never disappoints.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

Last edited:
Reactions: Nii