A Fateful Encounter | Page 55 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work

• Total voters

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I see nothing flawed until Moon and Terra tbh, because that's when everything starts to get together and explained. That's the real part they need to work on, providing a better and more comprehensible explanation and background, and give the story a satisfying conclusion. The girl routes by themselves weren't bad at all, the only one I didn't really like was Akane's route :XD They can remain as they are for all I care, the rest needs to be worked on, Moon partly and Terra completely if you ask me.

And sure, just ignore the vids I shared :p
To be honest some character roots were simply lackluster. I think Kotoris is the only one they wouldn't have to "Rewrite". :kappa
Maybe Lucias as well... Though we won't get any of that anyway. Which is a bit sad but meh. Rewrite wasn't keys best novel anyway.
I am simply glad an awesome Anime like Clannad AS exists.

Well as I told you... I think it is hard for me to gain anything from VN previews apart from OST. I mean sure, yay they get an official release in english but...

g01

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Omg i heard that niichan died.
Is it true :o

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Omg i heard that niichan died.
Is it true :o
Nope, still alive :p

To be honest some character roots were simply lackluster. I think Kotoris is the only one they wouldn't have to "Rewrite". :kappa
Maybe Lucias as well... Though we won't get any of that anyway. Which is a bit sad but meh. Rewrite wasn't keys best novel anyway.
I am simply glad an awesome Anime like Clannad AS exists.

Well as I told you... I think it is hard for me to gain anything from VN previews apart from OST. I mean sure, yay they get an official release in english but...
Tbh no, the only route I truly found lackluster was Akane's. Chihaya's route was the best, simply bc romance didn't really matter and Chihaya only got as much attention as she deserved :kappa The other routes, while not amazing, were quite good. Lucia remains best girl in my eyes~
It was far from the best I guess, but that's bc Key only really knows how to get romance done right, and sad moments ofc, a good "story" isn't their forte. Rewrite was kind of an experiment, and while it didn't fail hard, it did fail in multiple aspects. Not expecting a great and coherent story from Key at this point, but maybe they will prove me wrong with this rewrite haha.

They serve to give you an impression and make you curious/interested, that's what trailers/teasers are for.

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Lier!!!
Niichan is dead and thats why he is pink now. RIP KEV!!
Soo sky when will you become admin :kappa

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tbh no, the only route I truly found lackluster was Akane's. Chihaya's route was the best, simply bc romance didn't really matter and Chihaya only got as much attention as she deserved :kappa The other routes, while not amazing, were quite good. Lucia remains best girl in my eyes~
It was far from the best I guess, but that's bc Key only really knows how to get romance done right, and sad moments ofc, a good "story" isn't their forte. Rewrite was kind of an experiment, and while it didn't fail hard, it did fail in multiple aspects. Not expecting a great and coherent story from Key at this point, but maybe they will prove me wrong with this rewrite haha.

They serve to give you an impression and make you curious/interested, that's what trailers/teasers are for.
Akane was simply one of the best girls. I will never even argue about that. :kappa
Chihaya route? I only remember a Sakuya route. :kappa :kappa
Key doesn't need a perfect plot. It simply wants to make you cry like a little bitch and usually it kinda does. In terms of Rewrite I cried at the lost potential...

But I was already hooked? :XD

Kaleid Ch 40 was fucking awesome. The battle, Rins reaction to the story, Kirei... It gave me all the feels...

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Lier!!!
Niichan is dead and thats why he is pink now. RIP KEV!!
No, you are the lier :kappa

Akane was simply one of the best girls. I will never even argue about that. :kappa
Chihaya route? I only remember a Sakuya route. :kappa :kappa
Key doesn't need a perfect plot. It simply wants to make you cry like a little bitch and usually it kinda does. In terms of Rewrite I cried at the lost potential...

But I was already hooked? :XD

Kaleid Ch 40 was fucking awesome. The battle, Rins reaction to the story, Kirei... It gave me all the feels...
That's exactly what I meant :kappa :kappa :kappa
I'm speaking about a good plot, not necessarily a perfect one, there's nothing perfect :p But yeah, considering it didn't deliver on the crying scala and had a weird plot, it's prolly the worst Key VN I've read. Then again it had cool stuff all the others lacked, but that's thanks to the genre I guess.

How could you be hooked to two VNs you've never read rofl? :XD

Yeah it was great :zomg Kaleid has never been better, I just love how it incorporates stuff from all the Fate works. A totally deranged Kayneth as Lancer, that Saber Mordred... though Kirei and Rin's reaction were my highlights too.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Though I wish Hiroyama would've shown at least one or two more fights, even though I get that it might've dragged a bit that way.

g01

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
:kappa
Finally a reply, so how are you

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hopefully never.
That's exactly what I meant :kappa :kappa :kappa
I'm speaking about a good plot, not necessarily a perfect one, there's nothing perfect :p But yeah, considering it didn't deliver on the crying scala and had a weird plot, it's prolly the worst Key VN I've read. Then again it had cool stuff all the others lacked, but that's thanks to the genre I guess.

How could you be hooked to two VNs you've never read rofl? :XD

Yeah it was great :zomg Kaleid has never been better, I just love how it incorporates stuff from all the Fate works. A totally deranged Kayneth as Lancer, that Saber Mordred... though Kirei and Rin's reaction were my highlights too.
Though I wish Hiroyama would've shown at least one or two more fights, even though I get that it might've dragged a bit that way.
Well we couldn't use the Chihaya cannon so we had to use Sakuya... :kappa

Well cool stuff... Some fun fights but I really don't need that in a key story...

Hooked in terms of they are on my list. :XD Not that that actually means anything... x'D

To be fair, Shirou isn't the main char here... :XD As awesome as it is, I really am looking forward to some magical girl fights again.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well we couldn't use the Chihaya cannon so we had to use Sakuya... :kappa

Well cool stuff... Some fun fights but I really don't need that in a key story...

Hooked in terms of they are on my list. :XD Not that that actually means anything... x'D

To be fair, Shirou isn't the main char here... :XD As awesome as it is, I really am looking forward to some magical girl fights again.
Sakuya was the better heroine anyway :kappa

Well I'm not someone who needs exactly the same and everything I expect from a specific company, they're more than welcome to try something else. But then you should deliver something better~

Hence why I figured it might give you more motivation if you like what you see. But pff, suit yourself.

Shirou is the main char of every Fate work duuuh :kappa :kappa but yeah, they can go back to magical girl stuff for all I care, just give me more Kirei and Sakura :zomg

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sakuya was the better heroine anyway :kappa

Well I'm not someone who needs exactly the same and everything I expect from a specific company, they're more than welcome to try something else. But then you should deliver something better~

Hence why I figured it might give you more motivation if you like what you see. But pff, suit yourself.

Shirou is the main char of every Fate work duuuh :kappa :kappa but yeah, they can go back to magical girl stuff for all I care, just give me more Kirei and Sakura :zomg
All hail Sakuya. :kappa It is incredible how badass he was... As a key character...

I am completely fine with the same if it actually does the trick. :nod

Me? Motivation? Please. :kappa If it was possible to go below zero, it would...

Not that Install is anything magicla girl-like... :XD
You do remember that Sakura is basically just a doll who merely looks like her, right? :D

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
All hail Sakuya. :kappa It is incredible how badass he was... As a key character...

I am completely fine with the same if it actually does the trick. :nod

Me? Motivation? Please. :kappa If it was possible to go below zero, it would...

Not that Install is anything magicla girl-like... :XD
You do remember that Sakura is basically just a doll who merely looks like her, right? :D
Well for a Key character he certainly was quite badass, yeah :D

Ofc, but companies are more than free to try out something else, you can't go and expect/demand the same formula or type of story from them. I think one of the main problems with this VN are the different writers. I mean it's one thing to have one route that's hardly focused on the main mystery (Lucia route) written by someone else, but they had like 3 or 4 different people. That turned out to be too much of a mess. Also doesn't help that I'm definitely no Romeo Tanaka, he's such a big miss or hit. His "Terra Route" still was the biggest disappointment of the whole VN in my eyes...

You should start trying to sleep and eat like a normal person, that might help you know :kappa

Doesn't matter, Illya and Miyu are magical girls :kappa And tbh install is just more interesting and awesome than your usual magical girl stuff...
Ofc I remember, but I still see a lot of potential for great and potentially heart-breaking scenes :pleased

Also I'm too tired to add double-post after doube-post in your thread, so I will share it here:

:kreygasm I should probably mention that they changed the character designer, the director and the music composer for 3rei. According to their words that's bc 3rei has such a huge shift in tone. So far I like what I see :D

Oh and new chara designs: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/267/1267311/

Angelica looks fugly in that pic, I hope she looks more badass/hawt in the actual anime, but besides her the design look good :nod

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well for a Key character he certainly was quite badass, yeah :D

Ofc, but companies are more than free to try out something else, you can't go and expect/demand the same formula or type of story from them. I think one of the main problems with this VN are the different writers. I mean it's one thing to have one route that's hardly focused on the main mystery (Lucia route) written by someone else, but they had like 3 or 4 different people. That turned out to be too much of a mess. Also doesn't help that I'm definitely no Romeo Tanaka, he's such a big miss or hit. His "Terra Route" still was the biggest disappointment of the whole VN in my eyes...

You should start trying to sleep and eat like a normal person, that might help you know :kappa

Doesn't matter, Illya and Miyu are magical girls :kappa And tbh install is just more interesting and awesome than your usual magical girl stuff...
Ofc I remember, but I still see a lot of potential for great and potentially heart-breaking scenes :pleased

Also I'm too tired to add double-post after doube-post in your thread, so I will share it here:

:kreygasm I should probably mention that they changed the character designer, the director and the music composer for 3rei. According to their words that's bc 3rei has such a huge shift in tone. So far I like what I see :D

Oh and new chara designs: http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/267/1267311/

Angelica looks fugly in that pic, I hope she looks more badass/hawt in the actual anime, but besides her the design look good :nod

Well he is almost as awesome as Kyousuke. :kappa Almost... :D

They are but the purpose of that is kinda gone. I have no idea if there even is a Drei form. Maybe both sticks plus an install? :D
I hope she has a quick death. Not that I dislike the puppet concept but a certain Ainsworth needs an ass whooping...

:kappa
I see no difference to be honest. :XD
Angelicas proportions look way off... What a derp picture... :XD

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell

@niichan

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haha it's still true for me though dude, your thread is one the first page! Not my fault that you have 15 threads per page and I have 20, hence I didn't break my promise or anything :p

Here :p Now I can post in your thread without being told I lied ;)

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
No excuses, please. Just admit defeat for once. You having 500 threads per page is of no concern for me.

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
but how would I know that you have less threads shown per page than me? :( I can only stick to what I see, so in my eyes your thread still was on the first page and my words remain true :hmph

Sky

Otaku Overlord
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh look I am being ignored... I should change my name to Boruto... :kappa

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Just finished Kaleid Zwei. Though I don't know what the hell was going on towards the end. I guess that's normal huh? Overall, it was a good series. Will start with Drei next week. Will some things get explained there?

Illya and Kiritsugi were the best characters of Zwei! :hmph

Reactions: Nii

Nii

First Shield
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Oh look I am being ignored... I should change my name to Boruto... :kappa
Nothing to add to your post, sorry xD

Just finished Kaleid Zwei. Though I don't know what the hell was going on towards the end. I guess that's normal huh? Overall, it was a good series. Will start with Drei next week. Will some things get explained there?

Illya and Kiritsugi were the best characters of Zwei! :hmph
Maybe we can finally talk about some of the stuff there, hurry up! And like I told you, you got the gist of it, everything else will be explained in 3rei :nod

Kiritsugi, who's that? :kappa Well if I recally correctly he hardly had a role in 2wei, so stahp being a fanboy :p He does get a few chapters in 3rei though, so you can look forward to that~

Reactions: syx