Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June) | Page 60 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June)

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm sure Switzerland will decimate Greece though.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I'm sure Switzerland will decimate Greece though.
And? Japan already beat there best so what's impressive about crushing fodder? I don't know about you but I expect more from the No.2 team in the world than crushing fodder.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Greece was a huge disappointment, especially Zeus. 5 games ahead then suddenly loses 7 games straight. That's why I think even Australia will defeat them too.

Animariano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Switzerland will clasificate, they will beat Japan and Greece 3-0. And i dont think Australia won 3-0 against them. I think they will be clasified because points difference.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Switzerland will clasificate, they will beat Japan and Greece 3-0. And i dont think Australia won 3-0 against them. I think they will be clasified because points difference.
And Maybe Greece could make a miracle and win against Australia. My point is that Switzerland cant end here.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Have to disagree a tiny bit there. Yes, I think Switzerland will 3-0 Greece, but not Japan. I'm expecting 3-1 vs Japan.

Animariano

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Have to disagree a tiny bit there. Yes, I think Switzerland will 3-0 Greece, but not Japan. I'm expecting 3-1 vs Japan.
Yeah i think only Byodouin can win. If Australia win against Switzerland 3-2, Switzerland will being clasified

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
So just one chapter for this month?
Here is a brief summary for ch.195:
- Japan won against Greece 3:0, Zeus told the Japanese that let's play again during the knockout stage.
- Byodouin gathered all the players and gave them some lectures (will translate what he exactly said once I got the translation)
- The three coaches told the team that all the strong countries won their first matches easily
- Mifune announced the next lineup :Oni, Sanada, Yukimura, Kintarou, Niou, Fuji, Atobe (it is the actual order written on Mifune's lineup sheet)
- Oni said seems like the HSers are saved for the more important match against Switzerland
- Inui showed up and told the team that Australia beat Switzerland
- Mifune (seems like he already knew the result) said Australia would be a great opponent for the MSers
- During the team lineup, Atobe told Dorgais that he will meet him at S3, Dorgais seems like he doesn't recognize Atobe though
- D2: Yukimura/ Sanada, Yukimura said "It has been two years, Sanada" (probably referring to the last time they played doubles)

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ Hmm. With your first bullet point, how would that happen? Is there another stage after the GL? If they lose the GL, they shouldn't be able to qualify for the knockout stage though.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
^ Hmm. With your first bullet point, how would that happen? Is there another stage after the GL? If they lose the GL, they shouldn't be able to qualify for the knockout stage though.
What Zeus is implying is that they will try their best to win the rest of the two matches and proceed to the knockout stage. They will eventually meet Japan again if both teams managed to win all their matches. Of course the chances that Greece will proceed to the next stage is probably extremely low.

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ah. Thanks for clarifying. Sounds like Zeus is overconfident about his team.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, nobody's gonna show up to a competition saying that they're gonna lose. It's not likely that Greece will qualify, sure, but they still have two matches to play and it's technically possible. Zeus may have been their strongest, but there might be others on the team that are at least close to his level.

Also, I wonder if Switzerland can keep their No. 2 ranking after the Group League. Even if they qualify from this position, the other top teams will probably have better results and at least compared to France they only had a 700 point lead. I don't know if they'd drop out of the big 4 or anything, but I could definitely see France being 2nd in time for the knockout stage.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't think Konomi would introduce a team full of bursting talent captained by a pro only for them to disqualify from the final 16.. That would be a complete waste of hype.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
I don't think Konomi would introduce a team full of bursting talent captained by a pro only for them to disqualify from the final 16.. That would be a complete waste of hype.
I hope your right Chinky having the No.2 team not even make the last 16 be a letdown.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
I think this is the most likely scenario, but after mulling it over a bit more, I believe there's a small yet non-negligible chance for Australia to beat Japan here. Think about the consequences of that result:
  • Japan vs Switzerland would be a big climax with main tournament qualification on the line (just like two years ago vs France btw) rather than Japan already being basically through and only playing for 1st or 2nd place. This line of reasoning was actually also why a lot of us expected Switzerland to be the second opponent and Australia the third - Japan would be in a 1-1 situation and have to win no matter what.
  • If Australia qualifies for the main tournament, the team that beats them would look really strong afterwards. Again, similar situation to if Switzerland beats Japan and advances, but while I can't see Byoudouin losing, Oni losing is technically possible in my mind.
  • Japan ending the Group League in 2nd place would give them a more difficult 1st round opponent in the main tournament, assuming 1st seeds play against 2nd seeds.
I think it's logical in a way (it could probably happen according to the sequence of events) but really, I can't see Switzerland losing that soon. This team has been hyped up just... for that ? I mean, if Japan defeats Australia which beat Switzerland already, that would be enough to give them some credit. (as you said in your 2nd point, why shouldn't it work already with Japan ?) Imo, Switzerland is going to line up a way better team to counter Japan than they did against Australia. (I actually wonder if we're even going to see Amadeus because Japan could lose before making it but I'm not very fond of the idea of a 3-1 as a score, so I guess Byoudouin could lose.

During the team lineup, Atobe told Dorgais that he will meet him at S3, Dorgais seems like he doesn't recognize Atobe though
Seems like this match is going to be salty... I'm looking forward for it :frankerz

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ Byodoin doesn't have to necessarily lose. He could play doubles with Duke. That would be a dangerous win. Of course, Duke could be the one to win the one match then everyone else will lose their matches. Switzerland will win before Byodoin gets to play.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
No matter what Switzerland losing to Australia is a big disappointment. They were supposed to be filled with pro level guys and have the most talent. Even if they sent mostly their B team they should have won even if Australia is a dark horse.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
^ Byodoin doesn't have to necessarily lose. He could play doubles with Duke.
It sounds like an auto-win, I don't even know if we would even see the match if it happens, it's going to be a slaughter. :XD And it wouldn't be really interesting to see them winning a match against Switzerland that easily.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Ya. Duke Homerun + GS = slaughter XD

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Byoudouin/Duke is virtually impossible to happen, for two reasons:
  1. D1 is the second match. While this isn't 100% accurate, on average player strength increases during the later stages of a round, so having the two strongest members of the team (and not barely strongest, they'll be vastly superior to the rest) play that early would go completely against that.
  2. It's just plain illogical in terms of strategy. Sure, Byoudouin and Duke would win that match for certain, but then you have nobody left who even stands a chance against Switzerland's top players. By putting Byoudouin/Duke in doubles you're basically throwing all the other matches. There's a reason we rarely see top player doubles.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
BUT No Byodoin vs Amadeus and neither will lose against each other - no hype lost. Byodoin won't be losing for a long time anyway. Unless you're Tezuka, captains don't lose that often.
Tohno was willing to throw the Swiss matches anyway. I'd say Kimijima/Marui would have a good possibility of winning too. Japan can win doubles and leave the singles to noobs. Even Gin/Duke doubles would probably be a victory since it'll be a power doubles pair.