Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June) | Page 62 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June)

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I thought that was Fuwa just dreaming about it?
It is, but why would you put that in as author when you're not going to do anything with it? That scene didn't need it since it shows he was caught in the dream literally one page later (could've just left it at "get a taste of your own medicine" then) and if it doesn't happen once Yukimura actually loses his senses then there's just no point to it whatsoever.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Imo he just thought it would make it way more dramatic :sweatdrop

Like, ¨after I'm done with you, you won't be able to go back and play the way you used to¨.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Maybe you're right, I still don't think it was handled well that way though and the same could've been said in less misleading terms.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Ah, for sure, most of those chapters were really rushed and, in the end, extremely confusing -Yukimura's match being the worst in this aspect. It was NPoT's worst set of chapters, sort of.

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
^ The No.11-20 matches were all poorly told.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Weird how you can yips someone when they are scoring against you just fine.

That being said I don't see the Rikkai duo losing at all. They haven't won anything so far so it would be weird if they loss again.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...8-199-and-200-discussion-predictions.3006286/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can't confirm if these are legit yet, but here's some 2ch spoilers to start us off:

バレ1話目
マッチポイントまで追い詰められた真田幸村は守備に重点を置いて
真田は林を使って、ひたすらロブで緩い球を返し続ける戦法を取る
相手のオーストラリアペアも同じように返して、それが30分ほど続いたらしい
その時に、跡部がオーストラリアの応援席に乗り込んで挑発する

2話目
跡部に挑発されたオーストラリアの黒人の方が怒って攻撃に転じるが球を空振り
長時間のラリーによって、幸村に触覚を奪われて2対1の状態になる
実質キャプテンの方1人だけになって、真田の黒龍二重の斬に対応できなくなる
試合は7-5で日本の逆転勝ちで、跡部がこの後も目立ちそうな感じだった

ごめん、回想は面倒で省略してしまった
内容は、幸村が4歳の時にテニススクールに通ってたけど上級生ばかりで組んでくれる人がいなかった
同じくぼっちだった真田を見つけて、一緒に組む事になる
1週間後の試合に向けて、幸村が真田に技術指導をしていたシーンもあった
けど、上級生との試合では1-5で負けてて幸村が諦めかけてた
それを見て真田が「あきらめるなよ」と涙を流しながら叫んでた
そんな感じで、結局はオーストラリア戦のように逆転勝ちしたようだった

Two chapters apparently. In the flashback, it shows Yukimura joining a tennis school at the age of 4 and also meeting Sanada there. However, there's no one else their age around and they play older opponents instead. Also something about Yukimura teaching Sanada something technical. Then in one of the matches, they are trailing by 1-5 and Yukimura is about to give up, but Sanada shouts at him not to with tears in his eyes. The implication seems to be that they won in the end.

Back in the present, Yukimura and Sanada have changed tactics. Sanada is using Rin now and drags out the points that way and supposedly that goes on for half an hour or so with neither side really getting anywhere. Atobe then stirs up the crowd and makes them angry which ultimately causes Chris to break the stalemate and attack. It turns out however that due to the extremely long rally, he's lost his sense of touch. From there on out, it's 2 vs 1 and Jean by himself can't stop Sanada's Black Dragon. In the end, Japan wins 7-5.

Again, I can't promise that these are legit, but they seem at least plausible.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...8-199-and-200-discussion-predictions.3006286/
I can't confirm if these are legit yet, but here's some 2ch spoilers to start us off:

バレ1話目
マッチポイントまで追い詰められた真田幸村は守備に重点を置いて
真田は林を使って、ひたすらロブで緩い球を返し続ける戦法を取る
相手のオーストラリアペアも同じように返して、それが30分ほど続いたらしい
その時に、跡部がオーストラリアの応援席に乗り込んで挑発する

2話目
跡部に挑発されたオーストラリアの黒人の方が怒って攻撃に転じるが球を空振り
長時間のラリーによって、幸村に触覚を奪われて2対1の状態になる
実質キャプテンの方1人だけになって、真田の黒龍二重の斬に対応できなくなる
試合は7-5で日本の逆転勝ちで、跡部がこの後も目立ちそうな感じだった

ごめん、回想は面倒で省略してしまった
内容は、幸村が4歳の時にテニススクールに通ってたけど上級生ばかりで組んでくれる人がいなかった
同じくぼっちだった真田を見つけて、一緒に組む事になる
1週間後の試合に向けて、幸村が真田に技術指導をしていたシーンもあった
けど、上級生との試合では1-5で負けてて幸村が諦めかけてた
それを見て真田が「あきらめるなよ」と涙を流しながら叫んでた
そんな感じで、結局はオーストラリア戦のように逆転勝ちしたようだった

Two chapters apparently. In the flashback, it shows Yukimura joining a tennis school at the age of 4 and also meeting Sanada there. However, there's no one else their age around and they play older opponents instead. Also something about Yukimura teaching Sanada something technical. Then in one of the matches, they are trailing by 1-5 and Yukimura is about to give up, but Sanada shouts at him not to with tears in his eyes. The implication seems to be that they won in the end.

Back in the present, Yukimura and Sanada have changed tactics. Sanada is using Rin now and drags out the points that way and supposedly that goes on for half an hour or so with neither side really getting anywhere. Atobe then stirs up the crowd and makes them angry which ultimately causes Chris to break the stalemate and attack. It turns out however that due to the extremely long rally, he's lost his sense of touch. From there on out, it's 2 vs 1 and Jean by himself can't stop Sanada's Black Dragon. In the end, Japan wins 7-5.

Again, I can't promise that these are legit, but they seem at least plausible.
It makes sense so this is definitely legit (the spoiler includes the part where Sanada is crying that Konomi posted on his twitter a few days ago).

Most of us probably predicted that the flashback would be a match where they fought back all the way from 1-5 and won. Yukimura stealing Chris senses means Chris has low mental. They came up with a great plan to take him out and then Sanada finished the deal with Black Dragon. This probably means Sanada (and most likely Yukimura) > Jean in singles. The double clutch is almost invincible in singles, but I'm still waiting for Yuki's upgrade (probably in his next match).

Next doubles will be Niou/Fuji. I think Japan is going to lose this one, or wins in the end and Atobe, wins S3 and takes the deciding match.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
This made me think, what if Sanada used Rin on Tanegashima? Based on the Tezuka game, Rin is a shot that anybody can return easily and its only purpose seems to be stalling for time. On the other hand, Tanegashima's ability counters any technique. So does countering Rin make it not returnable? Well it'd probably be Tanegashima can counter Rin, except Rin doesn't do anything on the return to begin with, so nothing happens.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The spoilers feel plausible. I mean some of us predicted a drastic comeback after the flashback. I felt like Chris would be the disappointment in this match, getting yipped by someone 3 years younger. So the match turned to 2 vs 1. And as Jean said, they would lose in singles against Black Dragon. And he did. Good strategy.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
If that's how the match is going to go, then I'll have to admit I'm disappointed. They are facing an interesting doubles pair -that actually plays doubles for a change!- and they beat them... doing nothing new nor special? Idk, looks like a filler match -kinda like Kirihara's and Tohno's, where only the latter had A BIT of development in a 4 players match.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
@Hardy In a way, that's not that disappointing because they finally won with their current means, which means they're not already """weak""" against strong HSers, their improvement during the camp was not useless and they can win with some strategy as well, like the Australian pair did to counter Sanada. We'll probably see new moves when the serious things are going to begin.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
@Hardy In a way, that's not that disappointing because they finally won with their current means, which means they're not already """weak""" against strong HSers, their improvement during the camp was not useless and they can win with some strategy as well, like the Australian pair did to counter Sanada. We'll probably see new moves when the serious things are going to begin.
I dunno, even if it was a bit bs Tanegashima's match did the exact same thing but in a better way imo. And I still don't see what's so great about the strategy -I wouldn't even call it one. Yukimura yipped a guy then the other one wasn't good enough alone -as we all knew already- and basically lost in a second.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
And I still don't see what's so great about the strategy -I wouldn't even call it one. Yukimura yipped a guy then the other one wasn't good enough alone -as we all knew already- and basically lost in a second.
Well, it's strategy in the sense that they changed their approach to the match to counter what their opponents were doing. The Australian pair was meant to stay on the defensive and score through counter-attacking, but counter-attacking means that the other side has to attack in the first place. By stopping to do so, Sanada and Yukimura probably stopped having big holes in their formation and so they stopped their opponents' tactic.

Still, I wonder how the match would've ended if Atobe hadn't done anything. Would Chris have lost the rest of his senses or would Sanada and Yukimura have run out of stamina?
Also, you compare it to Tanegashima's match, but it's really the way most of the WC matches have gone. Duke and Fuji unveiled stuff we hadn't seen before, but they didn't pick up any new skills during the match. Tokugawa's Premonition is in the same boat. Ochi just lifted his 60% limiter, Oishi didn't get anything new at all. Tohno and Akaya used the moves they already had and then Tanegashima showed us another one of his abilities that he already had. So in terms of mid-match power-ups, it's really just Sixth Sense so far.

I think whether we can call this a good conclusion or not really depends on how it's drawn, the spoilers usually don't tell the whole story after all.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Well, it's strategy in the sense that they changed their approach to the match to counter what their opponents were doing. The Australian pair was meant to stay on the defensive and score through counter-attacking, but counter-attacking means that the other side has to attack in the first place. By stopping to do so, Sanada and Yukimura probably stopped having big holes in their formation and so they stopped their opponents' tactic.

Still, I wonder how the match would've ended if Atobe hadn't done anything. Would Chris have lost the rest of his senses or would Sanada and Yukimura have run out of stamina?
Also, you compare it to Tanegashima's match, but it's really the way most of the WC matches have gone. Duke and Fuji unveiled stuff we hadn't seen before, but they didn't pick up any new skills during the match. Tokugawa's Premonition is in the same boat. Ochi just lifted his 60% limiter, Oishi didn't get anything new at all. Tohno and Akaya used the moves they already had and then Tanegashima showed us another one of his abilities that he already had. So in terms of mid-match power-ups, it's really just Sixth Sense so far.

I think whether we can call this a good conclusion or not really depends on how it's drawn, the spoilers usually don't tell the whole story after all.
Yeah but ¨stopping to do so¨ has always been the way Yukimura plays. Everlasting rallies where he returns everything, and if he scores it's fine, but his main goal in the end is to steal the opponent's senses.

I think that eventually, had Atobe not done anything, either of the Australian players would had lost their senses. Yukimura and Sanada have a pretty good stamina stat and long rallies in doubles where they aren't using special moves shouldn't be as demanding as singles -which they are used to.

I compared it to Tanegashima because it seemed to be the clearer case to make an equivalent -and because he brought absolutely nothing we didn't know before-, but I had thought of a couple of those before -not the friendly matches though, didn't go that far. I'll be waiting for the full chapters as you said, though.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I feel like the power-ups won't come until they get stronger opponents like Switzerland. They're not going to underestimate Japan like they underestimated Australia. They probably know about Japan taking a match from Germany during the Pre WC and they probably know about Japan taking a few games from Volk.
Its nice to see Atobe doing something for Japan. vs Australia would be a great time to show off his English skills. Despite in his profile saying he is capable of speaking fluent English, we have only seen it a few times.
Raws
201: http://bzland.net/?topic=75869.0
202: http://bzland.net/?topic=75870.0
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Better links:
http://mangahead.me/Manga-Raw-Scan/Shin-Prince-of-Tennis/New-Prince-of-Tennis-201-Raw-Scan
http://mangahead.me/Manga-Raw-Scan/Shin-Prince-of-Tennis/New-Prince-of-Tennis-202-Raw-Scan

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...s-201-and-202-discussion-predictions.3006542/
Baidu spoilers.

It'd be awesome if @Artsci or @Phantron could confirm what it says since I'm not sure I understand the MT correctly. What I'm getting is this:
  • 3 chapters.
  • Fuji/Niou are playing against two Australian MSers.
  • To everyone's surprise, Niou isn't copying anybody.
  • Score is tied at 5-5 and then the Australians take a 6-5 lead.
  • It turns into a battle of attrition.
  • Suddenly, Niou can see the opponents' bones and finishes the match.
  • A wig comes off and it turns out that "Niou" was Atobe all along.
  • In the end friend and foe alike have been swindled.
Like I said, I'm not completely certain that this is what it says, so I hope someone is able to confirm soon.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well maybe it means Niou was being Atobe like a cosplay XD Because Atobe confirmed he's playing in s3. Fuji/Niou vs MSers would have been a Japanese victory. All foreign MSers have been lame.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well maybe it means Niou was being Atobe like a cosplay XD Because Atobe confirmed he's playing in s3. Fuji/Niou vs MSers would have been a Japanese victory. All foreign MSers have been lame.
Niou can't use Atobe Kingdom because he doesn't have Atobe's Insight though and Insight isn't something you can copy either. I have a feeling Atobe lied about being in S3 to influence Dorgias in some way, but in reality Japan will send out Oni there.
What I am legitimately worried about is that this counts as Niou playing even though it was just a disguise and that Atobe will play both this Doubles and then a Singles later on too. Main reason being that his new serve isn't mentioned in the spoilers.

But seriously, if he does play two matches that's probably the most blatant case of cheating in the series so far.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Then again, someone playing twice already happened once before in a way. By which I mean that it didn't really happen, but in Seigaku vs Rikkai in the nationals, Akaya played D2 and then in Inui's dream also faced Fuji in S2 (disguised as Niou...). Of course that was just a dream, but the situation is still very similar.