Spoiler - New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June) | Page 63 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Spoiler New Prince of Tennis Spoiler Thread (No chapter in June)

ChinkyCandie

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
There are people who have like 2 masks. Under the Atobe mask, he could have the real Niou face. Never happened in the series but its not impossible. I think Niou learned quite a lot fro Atobe from their Synchro. Has there ever been an instance where Niou uses Illusion without becoming that person? I can't remember. If Atobe does play doubles and singles, shouldn't he lose from used stamina? I mean he could barely hold on to a two-set match. And the 3rd set was with Synchro which he doesn't have access to.
If Japan wants another 3-0 victory, then yes, Oni will be in s3. Dorgias will probably be sent out too to help Australia stay in the game. If the spoilers for d1 are true, then I'm already over Austalia's team. Hopefully Switzerland will be much better.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I have a feeling those spoilers aren't real, but if they are:

-I agree with Kaoz that Niou shouldn't be able to copy Atobe's Insight, so for the moment I believe that's the real Atobe playing -although I do agree the player could have 2 masks, sure, the problem is Atobe Kingdom. On the other hand Niou has copied Muga and its doors before, so I don't know how crazy it would be for him to copy Atobe's natural talent.
-The ¨chess piece moving¨ would make a lot more sense, as Atobe literally moved to D1.
-The Atobe tricking the crowd in the last match is actually Niou, which is quite cool if true.
-I doubt Atobe would be able to play two matches. Niou would play as him in either S3 or be placed in S1 moving everyone down a spot.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just saw a couple people on 2ch also talking about Niou actually being Atobe, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume what I wrote is accurate.

If Atobe does play doubles and singles, shouldn't he lose from used stamina? I mean he could barely hold on to a two-set match. And the 3rd set was with Synchro which he doesn't have access to.
Different situations. Ochi and Mouri pushed Atobe to his limit, but I assume he conserved his energy in this match if he knows he's going to play another one right afterwards. He also won't have to cover an entire doubles court by himself this time which he did have to do against the HSers.

On the other hand Niou has copied Muga and its doors before, so I don't know how crazy it would be for him to copy Atobe's natural talent.
Muga is different, everyone can achieve it in theory. Niou copying Atobe's Insight would be more comparable to him copying Jiro's extremely flexible wrists, something a certain other copier already failed at.

-I doubt Atobe would be able to play two matches. Niou would play as him in either S3 or be placed in S1 moving everyone down a spot.
The rules prohibit him from doing so, but I still think it's very likely for a couple reasons:
  1. We know Atobe has a new special move, but he apparently doesn't use it here.
  2. Atobe vs Dorgias was admittedly set up, as much as I want to believe in Dorgias vs Oni, but it can't happen for obvious reasons if Atobe doesn't play twice.
  3. This is a 1 month / 3 chapter match. While I tend to give less importance to popularity than some others, it would be surprising for Atobe of all people to not have a longer match, especially after he got destroyed in the Pre-WC.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well, if it really was Atobe/Fuji that sets up Niou and Kintaro to lose in singles 3 and 2 and Oni to take singles 1.
In the anime, there was an episode where Atobe said "Forget the rules. I am the rules." If that is anything to go by.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
The Niou on th court is actually disguised by Atobe, so D1 is Fuji/ Atobe vs two Australian MSers. That explains why we saw "Niou" playing with his right hand from the spoiler. The "Niou" doesn't use any illusion throughout the match since Atobe wasn't able to use illusion. The Japanese MSers thought "Niou" is trying to pursist winning with his own style without disguising anyone, that's why the first two chapters are called "the stubborn guy" and "the pride of the trick master"

During the last chapter, "Niou" suddenly used Atobe kingdom. When others thought "Niou" has turned into Atobe, "Niou" remove his wig and reveal that he is actually Atobe. On the other hand, the "Atobe" on the bench also remove his wig and turns out he is actually Niou. It was just like how Niou and Yagyu are disguising as each other during the Kanto final. Therefore, we have the chapter "the unexpected move from the chessboard"

So seems like we are all fooled by Konomi by having Atobe claiming that he will be in S3. Then there is the twitter post showing Niou/ Fuji pair which cause us all thought it is going to be a Fuji/ Tezuka pair. I wonder if Mifune knew about it or not.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Just saw the chapters, they're honestly really nice. The Australian MSers are quite skilled too it seems. We don't see much of them, but one has a serve that Fuji is unable to return and even though Atobe manages to somehow, the net player can easily put it away. After the switch is revealed, it also shows Atobe's name on the scoreboard, so maybe my worries are unfounded (I certainly hope so).

Also, the match isn't over yet, it's 6-6 by the end.

I wonder if Mifune knew about it or not.
When Atobe reveals himself, Mifune nods approvingly, so I'm pretty sure he did know. Oni was shocked though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The two Australians are Milky Millman (2nd year, he's the one with the fast serve) and Mac McGregor (3rd year).
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Millman's serve is called Tachyon and he also yells Neutrino when hitting a smash at one point, but the Neutrino isn't in quotation marks, so I'm not sure if it's supposed to be a special move as well or not.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Hm I guess since a tachyon is faster than light and light is faster than sound, Tachyon should be faster than Mach? EDIT: Irie confirms the speed is about the same.

Last edited:

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Fascinating that Atobe would even let Niou dress up as him by the stands.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fascinating that Atobe would even let Niou dress up as him by the stands.
Oh, I missed that in Artsci's post, but Niou is just using Illusion to become Atobe, he doesn't wear a wig.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I actually can't imagine Atobe dressing up as anyone else other than himself.

Anera

Reaction score
Country
France
I actually can't imagine Atobe dressing up as anyone else other than himself.
For the sake of Japan's victory and since he's way more mature as the MSers' captain, that's not that surprising.

I'll post a detailed comment later.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chapter thread:
https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...3-204-and-205-discussion-predictions.3006810/
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
There is a spoiler on 2ch. I'm skeptical for a couple reasons, but to give you a brief summary:
  • Noah can't sit still anymore and gets to the venue with the help of his guide dog.
  • Current score in the tiebreak: 146-146.
  • Fuji "awakens" (not sure what exactly is meant here but he uses the new Critical Wind in any case) to give Japan the lead. Apparently Atobe drew out the match on purpose, so that the awakening could happen.
  • Atobe then finishes them off with his new move, "Emperor of Ice" which involves breaking the lights around the court like what happened when Irie saw it. The Australians can't move as a result for some reason.
  • Dorgias then says he will carry out Noah's tactics, defeat Oni in S3 and get them back on track. But Oni responds that Dorgias' opponent won't be him - Kintarou gets ready to play instead.
My skepticism might at least partially be because I'm not exactly pleased with this development, should be able to confirm what happens tomorrow though.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah I'm skeptical of Kintaro vs Dorgias. If Kintaro can't beat a G10 member, he's not ready to take on Dorgias.
The Australian MSers should have collapsed by now if the tie-break has reached 140+. Their weakness would have been stamina.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I'm skeptical of Kintaro vs Dorgias. If Kintaro can't beat a G10 member, he's not ready to take on Dorgias.
Well, @Artsci suggested in the (still current) chapter thread that Kintarou would get an upgrade based on his practice with Oni. I do think that's likely and maybe it's enough to defeat Dorgias (or well, if they do indeed play it will be enough), but I still think consecutive 3-0s are too much and Australia kinda deserves better considering their previous record.

The Australian MSers should have collapsed by now if the tie-break has reached 140+. Their weakness would have been stamina.
Yeah, that's an issue for me as well. It's not like Irie either where you can easily argue any number of ways for Irie to have played for that long despite his endurance supposedly being a weakness. Unlike Irie, Millman and McGregor won't be relevant anymore in the future, they won't have any hidden skills.

The other thing that's bugging me is that Atobe set the stage for Fuji to use his second Critical Wind. In the Germany match it's implied (I would argue) that Fuji already has three completed techniques, so why couldn't Fuji just use it at any point?

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
If it was such a long tiebreak, I'm pretty sure Fuji just played like he was playing during the rest of the match and Atobe actually made him play seriously and, as a result, he unleashed his second critical wind (which btw I'm pretty curious to see what it does). Then we have Atobe who finally unleashed his new technique, but I think Konomi needs to give a better explanation about what it does.

So now Japan has taken a 2-0 lead. I do think that they will beat Australia in the end. First of all, we have seen Yukimura and Sanada winning, then Atobe(Niou) and Fuji winning. Atobe impersonating Niou was Konomi's way of making Niou play, so I think that we won't see him vs Australia, but later on in the main tournament. So we have Oni and Kintarou left to play, and if Oni doesn't play against Dorgias, Australia doesn't have another player in my eyes that can fight against Oni, and Kintarou should have leveled up quite a lot since his last match.

About Kintarou, he'll get an upgrade based on his practice against Oni, and if he will keep being equal to Ryoma in some way, he'll most likely unleash his own Kijin against Dorgias, or some new state that will give gim the victory. I think that Kintarou needs a win (we have never seen him win a match on-screen since POT IIRC), so now is the perfect time for him to get his first win and qualify Japan for the main tournament.

I thought Australia would give a better show, but Konomi might want to skip it as fast as possible and move on to the Switzerland match, so we can see Japan getting a real challenge in the tournament. I bet he wants to develop those matches way more, and as a result will skip the last match as fast as possible (maybe in two months he'll finish Kintarou vs Dorgias) and move on.

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Well, @Artsci suggested in the (still current) chapter thread that Kintarou would get an upgrade based on his practice with Oni. I do think that's likely and maybe it's enough to defeat Dorgias (or well, if they do indeed play it will be enough), but I still think consecutive 3-0s are too much and Australia kinda deserves better considering their previous record.
Maybe Dorgias can win? It'll be kind of let down though... Since Kintarou was the original main character and while he got a lot of upgrade, he has yet to win a match that matters.

The other thing that's bugging me is that Atobe set the stage for Fuji to use his second Critical Wind. In the Germany match it's implied (I would argue) that Fuji already has three completed techniques, so why couldn't Fuji just use it at any point?
It could just means more experience playing at the world stage, or a break though of some sort. It's seen a lot in shounen manga. Beelzebub make fun of it here

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ddP97nSLE_I/V_Tfalbg0-I/AAAAAAC4r-o/3b3GEqHUXzU/w1900/MR-1135-20254-9.jpg

Yes, it's just mention in Beelzebub. But it happen a lot in other manga as well, and Beelzebub make fun of trope.

Artsci

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Not much info from Baidu yet, the only thing we know is that the score of the tiwbreaker is actually 146-147 (not sure which side is leading though) then Atobe reveal his new serve and the echo is so strong that breaks all the lights of the venue and even Inui's glasses were broken. S3 is Kintarou and seems like he is using TnK. I'm not sure whether it means that Kintarou is able to unlock TnK anytime or not.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not much info from Baidu yet, the only thing we know is that the score of the tiwbreaker is actually 146-147 (not sure which side is leading though) then Atobe reveal his new serve and the echo is so strong that breaks all the lights of the venue and even Inui's glasses were broken. S3 is Kintarou and seems like he is using TnK. I'm not sure whether it means that Kintarou is able to unlock TnK anytime or not.
Atobe's new tech was clearly made to break Tezuka's glasses so he couldn't see. Maybe even hope that the glass hits Tezuka in his eye and hurts him badly. A really good strategy to beat Tezuka I have to admit, even if Tezuka can play blind he might get very injured at least!

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Kaoz: Yeah. You make a good point about Atobe. Why drag it so long just to show off the 2nd critical wind? Did Atobe and Fuji have some conversation about this plan?
In regards to Kintaro vs JJ, I think Dorgias will struggle from PoP BUT when he sees his brother watching the match, he'll make a comeback. Family love in powerful. He might even get an aura. Noah is the most important person to JJ right now.

felixng2011: lol

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Can confirm that the spoilers are real. Kintarou indeed enters the court with TnK active, chances are he can use it whenever.

Regarding Fuji's technique, he uses it to return Tachyon. It shows his eyeball and ears and, like, how his brain puts it all together. I'm not sure if he couldn't use it before because Tachyon's so fast or whatever though. I think Byoudouin and Duke explain it, but I don't know what they're saying. In any case, it's just a high speed shot, the return gets back to Millman before Millman's even out of his service stance.

Then Atobe's move has the lights and glasses shatter after he had already scored, so the former doesn't cause the latter. It seems like it's emitting a sound wave and I'm guessing it puts so much pressure on the eardrums that the opponent become paralyzed or something like that.

Other things of note: in one panel it looks like McGregor hits Tachyon as well. I'm not sure if this means he could've used it all along or not or if he's just good at copying techniques though.

Also, after the match Atobe walks up to Dorgias to provoke him. The following text is in English (all Atobe talking):
"Watching your plays, I noticed immediately. You can't defeat Switzerland by individual ability. There should be a genius who is manipulating you like a chessman."

Last edited: