Game Fan League Discussion Thread

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
When will we be having the next season, Koaz?
When I'm finished making all the characters.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Reworked Amadeus.

Johann Amadeus [31, SB: 2, HP: 10, AR, R)]
(SPE: 7, POW: 5, STA: 5, MEN: 6, TEC: 8)

-Charisma of the Swiss [Auto]:
Mental increases by 1. During decisive points, Mental increases by 2 instead. If an opponent's Mental is 5 or less, that opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5 are negated.

-Maestro [Auto]:
Negated if opponent leads by 2 points or more. Speed cannot decrease, Power cannot decrease, Mental cannot decrease, Technique cannot decrease, HP cannot decrease. Stamina decreases at 50%.

-Stop-Time [Counter]:
Triggers whenever an opponent activates a Special for the first time during a point. Speed increases by 1, Technique increases by 1. At the end of the Extra Step, ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 12.

-Reverse Echo [Special - Lv 1]:
Activation: Cannot be copied. Negated if every opponent's Mental is 7 or higher, cannot be negated otherwise.
Data: Opponent's Speed decreases by [9 - opponent's Mental], opponent's Technique decreases by [9 - opponent's Mental].
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Technique is less than 9.

-Accelerando [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: Requires Maestro.
Data: Speed increases by 3, Power increases by 4, Technique increases by 1.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's Speed is 6 or less.

Just some quick explanations, so that you guys aren't totally lost:
  • Reverted the Charisma Auto from a Reserve ability to a regular one. Not much to it, just crowd support. I thought about adding extra effects - either dropping the opponent's Mental by 1 or making it more powerful when used in S1 - but that would probably be too much.
  • Maestro's negation clause represents being in control of the match and losing that control. Conceptually it's a bit similar to Irie's script, but I would describe it as more flexible and obviously the effect is different.
  • Stop-time, reverse echo and accelerando are all musical terms, playing off the Maestro theme.
  • Stop-Time is inspired by a Henman quote I found here: "I can watch when I'm playing him and there are certain times where I will hit a shot, I will be at the net and it almost looks he's got a split second longer than most other players... Sometimes he comes across to hit a backhand pass when you feel like you've hit a good approach and it's like he has got a bit longer to hit it." I thought that in PoT terms this could translate to the illusion of actually stopping time for a moment to both reach the shot and then accurately return it.
  • For Reverse Echo I remembered a match I watched of this year's US Open. I don't remember her name, but one of the players shouted not while hitting the ball, but slightly delayed and that threw her opponent off. I think Amadeus would vary when he makes noise by doing it either before, during or after the hit and disrupt the opponent's timing that way. That's why it affects players with lower Mental more. 9 as offset might be a bit too powerful, but I wanted it to have at least a small effect no matter who the opponent is since it's a Special and costs Stamina to use.
  • Finally, Accelerando represents pace changes during the rally, like a surprise attack. It's a simple concept, but the idea is that it's difficult to perform with this much precision.

As you can probably tell, Amadeus probably won't hit ACEs very often against other top players, but he has various ways to boost his own total, so I'm guessing he'll be quite formidable regardless.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Duke Watanabe [27, SB: 3, HP: 12, AB, R]
(SPE: 5, POW: 7, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 5)


-King of Destruction [Auto]:
Power increases by 1, Technique increases by 1. Whenever Duke Homerun's ACE effect is not successfully activated and an opponent's Power is less than 8, that opponent's Stamina decreases by 0.5.

-Never-ending Smile [Auto]:
Mental cannot decrease. When checked, Mental returns at +2.

-Duke Homerun [Special - Lv 5]:
Activation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1.
Data: Power increases by 8.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's Speed is less than 5 or their Power is less than 6. If ACE and an opponent's Speed is less than 5, that opponent's HP decreases by 12.

-Duke Bunt [Special - Lv 5]:
Data: Technique increases by [5 + 3 x number of times Duke Homerun was used before].
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than [5 + 3 x number of times Duke Homerun was used before].

Changed King of Destruction and Never-ending Smile.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Kazuya Tokugawa [22.5, SB: 2, HP: 9, AR, L]
(SPE: 4.5, POW: 4.5, STA: 4.5, MEN: 4.5, TEC: 4.5)

-Loyalty [Auto]:
Only activates with Oni, Irie or Ryoma on the same team. Mental increases by 2 and cannot decrease.

-Divine Path of the Asura [Auto]:
Speed increases by 1, Power increases by 2, Mental increases by 1, Technique increases by 1, SB increases by 1 and, when serving, ACE if any opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 9.

-Honorable Conviction [Auto]:
Opponent's HP cannot decrease. If partner's HP were to decrease, Stamina decreases by 1 instead.

-Premonition [Auto]:
Negated when Sixth Sense activates. Mental increases by 2. When checked, Speed returns at +1.

-Black Hole [Special - Lv 7]:
Activation: Only activates twice per match.
Data: Opponent's stats cannot increase. Technique increases by 2.
Extra: When checked, Speed returns at +7.

-Sixth Sense [Special - Lv 7]:
Activation: Only activates with Yukimura as partner. Cannot be negated.
Data: Mental increases by 6. Partner's Mental increases by 6. Support Bonus increases by 3.
Extra: When checked, Speed returns at +3, Technique returns at +3.

Pretty much completely reworked. As you can see I've taken a liking to the "if checked returns at +X" modifiers, basically because I can give boosts without actually raising the character's total. So you could look at them as defensive boosts of sorts. And yes, Sixth Sense is very overpowered.

Feel free to comment, but I probably won't change it much, making this work with both PotW and Wirbeltaufe was a giant pain in the neck.
 
Last edited:

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So just checking in to see how the Fan League is going and catch up on NPoT in general. I did plan on taking part in Season 4 too.

Kaoz said:
When I'm finished making all the characters.
I would expect the characters who have played a match since last season to receive an update, along with new profiles for some of the stronger foreign characters. That being said, were you thinking of any changes to those Japanese players that haven't had much to do lately in the manga?
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I would expect the characters who have played a match since last season to receive an update, along with new profiles for some of the stronger foreign characters. That being said, were you thinking of any changes to those Japanese players that haven't had much to do lately in the manga?
In some cases, yes, examples include Shiraishi, Akutagawa, Duke and Byoudouin. I'm also reworking all the pros besides Camus, but in general I do go through every character and see if they are represented in a way I find satisfying. Sometimes that's a matter of minutes, either because everything is fine or because I already know what kind of change I want to make, but at other times I end up sitting in front of my screen for 3 hours, trying to decide whether an ability should boost by a point more or less as was the case with Tokugawa.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ryuuji Ohmagari [26, SB: 2, HP: 12, AB, A]
(SPE: 5, POW: 5, STA: 7, MEN: 3, TEC: 6)


-Triathlete [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Energy does not decrease after a match.

-Elitist [Auto]:
If base total exceeds every opponent's base total, Mental cannot decrease. Else, Mental returns at +1 when checked.

-Ittouryuu [Special - Lv 5]:
Activation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1.
Data: Power increases by 3, Technique increases by 4.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Power is less than 11.

-Nitouryuu [Special - Lv 5]:
Actviation: After activation, Stamina decreases by 1.5 instead of 1.
Data: Speed increases by Speed increases by 5, Technique increases by 4.
Extra: If no opponent has successfully activated a Special, ACE if every opponent's combined Speed, Power and Technique is less than 20. Else, ACE if every opponent's combined Speed, Power and Technique is less than 15.

Not much to say about this one, I thought it'd be good if his Stamina played more into his abilities and his fanbook profile supports that as well, so I went with the +/-0.5 cost modifiers.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Do you guys think Kimijima was a bit strong last season? I think he was mostly fine, but I'm considering removing the bolded:

-Data Doubles - Negotiations Concluded [Formation]:
Only activates if partner activates Data Tennis. Intellitennis affects Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5. During points Negotiation activates, Intellitennis affects Serves/Specials with Lv <= 6 instead. After Negotiation's activation, Stamina decreases by 1 instead of 2.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
I'm also reworking all the pros besides Camus
Forget I said that.

Leopold Camus [30, SB: 3, HP: 11, SV, L]
(SPE: 5, POW: 6, STA: 5, MEN: 7, TEC: 7)


-Grandmaster [Auto]:
If Mental is equal to or higher than opponent's Mental, Speed increases by 1, opponent's Power decreases by 2 and increases at 50%.

-Vive la revolution! [Auto]:
After successfully activating an ACE effect, Stamina decreases by 0 instead of 1 through that Serve/Special.

-Infinity Serve [Serve - Lv 7]:
Activation: If an opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 12, that opponent's Specials are negated.
Data: Speed increases by 2, Power increases by 3, Technique increases by 3.
Extra: ACE if an opponent's combined Speed and Technique is less than 10 or their Mental is less than 6.

-Prise de Fer [Special - Lv 7]:
Activation: If an opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 14, that opponent's Power cannot increase.
Data: Technique increases by 7.
Extra: When checked for ACE effects, stats return at +1. ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 12.

-Complete Inducement Formation [Formation]:
Only activates if Support Level is 1 or higher. Mental increases by 1, partner's Mental increases by 1. When checked, Speed returns at +3. When checked, partner's Speed returns at +3.

Conceptually he's not that different from before, but I tried to represent the whole style slightly differently.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Carlos Medanore [32, SB: 3, HP: 14, CP, L]
(SPE: 7, POW: 7, STA: 7, MEN: 6, TEC: 5)

-Spain's Raging Bull [Counter]:
Triggers whenever no ACE effect successfully activates during a point. Opponent's Stamina decreases by 0.5.

-Lion's Roar [Counter]:
Triggers after losing consecutive points. During the next point, Speed increases by 1 and Mental increases by 1.

-Advice [Auto]:
When checked, partner's Speed returns at +1, partner's Mental returns at +1 and partner's Technique returns at +1.

-Latigazo [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: Opponent's FORCED LOB effects are negated. After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1.
Data: Power increases by 3, Technique increases by 5.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Speed, Stamina and Technique is less than 16.

I might make some changes going forward, but that's the best I can come up with for him right now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Just a random thought, but since we have support levels, how about rival "levels"? I use the term levels loosely here since I'm just thinking of a binary 0/1 system right now, but the idea is that two people that consider each other rivals probably know the other much better than the average opponent, so for Rivals we could do something like

"When checked, stats return at +1."

for both characters. That would reduce the importance of ACE effects in those match-ups a bit and be more of a stat battle.

I don't know if it's a good idea, but I figured I'd throw it out there.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Lol at Latigazo. Is that supposed to be Kaidou's snake but way more badass?

I really like the Rival concept! Although, on the other hand, what would happen to one-sided rivalries -for instance, Ryoma at this point doesn't give a crap about anyone but Byoudouin, yet plenty of characters consider him a rival... the same thing happens with Tezuka.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Lol at Latigazo. Is that supposed to be Kaidou's snake but way more badass?
More or less. It's really just supposed to be a PoT-ified version of Nadal's forehand. Also I wanted a Spanish name for it and since my Spanish is non-existent, I used the translation of Power Whip (the Pokemon move) instead since that seemed more or less fitting. I had Coil Dragón before, but that clashed with the rest a bit in my opinion.

I really like the Rival concept! Although, on the other hand, what would happen to one-sided rivalries -for instance, Ryoma at this point doesn't give a crap about anyone but Byoudouin, yet plenty of characters consider him a rival... the same thing happens with Tezuka.
Yeah, Ryoma and Tezuka are the big issues. I haven't really figured that out yet myself, but I'd probably reduce it to the important ones like Ryoma - Kintarou just like with the supports.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,126
Reaction score
14,101
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
Aaah gotcha. Yeah I noticed it was related to Nadal but wasn't sure if it was based on his regular strong forehand or his banana shots. The name is great, in the future if you have any doubts you can just PM me ^^

Coil Dragón was a much worse alternative on the other hand, yup.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Do you guys think Kimijima was a bit strong last season? I think he was mostly fine, but I'm considering removing the bolded:

-Data Doubles - Negotiations Concluded [Formation]:
Only activates if partner activates Data Tennis. Intellitennis affects Serves/Specials with Lv <= 5. During points Negotiation activates, Intellitennis affects Serves/Specials with Lv <= 6 instead. After Negotiation's activation, Stamina decreases by 1 instead of 2.
I don't think Kimijima was too strong last season. He was more of a hit or miss type of player. He was extremely powerful when negotiation hit and completely ineffective when it didn't. Without negotiation he has nothing other than decent base stats. And putting such condition on negotiation will only make him more ht or miss. You can change it by making it a bit weaker like dropping mental by 1 point. But increasing the energy cost makes him too weak. His stamina is only 4,after all.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well, that's kind of my point. Negotiation was supposed to be a big gamble, but by using the Formation you essentially circumvented that. Its cost became the same as that of any other ability, but it could negate almost any other Serve/Special in the game and in doubles the opposing pair suffered from a permanent 14 point drop every time it activated.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
It only hit once the whole season. It did turn a sure loss into a 4-0 win. Once others became aware of it, it was useless. It only had psychological effect after that.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't really see it that way. It only hit once, but if we look at the context, you used it less than you could've too. Plus, vs Hardy Kimijima was in D1 and didn't get to play, vs Anera you simply misplayed him and only used two Negotiations instead of the four you could have used (and if you had it could've very well ended in your win there) and vs me you were unlucky since you ran into one of the handful abilities that actually couldn't get negated. Hardy's pair would've probably won anyway, but it's not like everyone just beat it out with a solid strategy after the first time like you're implying.

I would also argue that it's not worth it to play around Negotiation as the opponent since you don't know whether or not you're actually going to play against Kimijima, and missing a Special boost on every point just opens you up to get annihilated by any regularly boosting opponent.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh yeah, I don't think decreasing the Mental drop would be that great - not from a balance perspective, in that sense it's a good suggestion - but Negotiation seems to be more devastating than -1 when it works. One alternative I could think of would be to not let him negate Lv 6 Specials with the Formation. It'd still be great most of the time, but it wouldn't feel so weird against the top players.
 

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Camus looks good, like really good. He does everything quite well.

Rival levels sound interesting. It shouldn't be that hard to implement either, but I'd stay to two-sided rivalries now instead of one-sided affairs.

My only question is whether the effect "When checked, stats return at +1" would be strong enough? With support levels, you gain the benefit of using those two characters together multiple times through the season. With rival levels, your character has to play against specifically one other character (unless Niou counts if he copies them?), which should happen only once or twice at best.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
My only question is whether the effect "When checked, stats return at +1" would be strong enough? With support levels, you gain the benefit of using those two characters together multiple times through the season. With rival levels, your character has to play against specifically one other character (unless Niou counts if he copies them?), which should happen only once or twice at best.
Yeah, I imagine it'd be quite a rare occurrence. The thing is, both sides receive the same benefits, so just giving them a few more points like Supports do wouldn't really be any different from the stat check modification. You might suggest giving each character an extra action, but then you'd have to know in advance that the rivals are going to play, so that's not feasible either.

As it stands, with symmetrical boosts this is really more of a flavor gimmick than anything else. I guess an asymmetrical boost would be a possibility though, e.g. we could just bring the weaker character closer to the stronger one or something.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As everyone here knows, I hate waiting for a week until Konomi proves me wrong, so here's something for Yukimura until then:

Seiichi Yukimura [24, SB: 2, HP: 7, AR, R]
(SPE: 4, POW: 3.5, STA: 3.5, MEN: 7, TEC: 6)

-Child of God [Auto]:
Negated if Stamina is 0. Opponent's Serves/Specials are negated. Whenever a Serve/Special is negated this way, copy that Serve/Special's Data and at the end of the point, Stamina decreases by 1. If the Serve/Special is Lv >= 6, Stamina decreases by 2 instead.

-Supreme Senses [Auto]:
Negated when partner's Sixth Sense activates. When checked, Speed returns at +1, Mental returns at +1, Technique returns at +1.

-Desire for Victory [Auto]:
During decisive points, Mental increases by 2 and the first time this activates, Stamina increases by 1.
 
Last edited:

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Are you implying that Yukimura can negate any special? :blink
 

Seakay

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 6, 2014
Messages
190
Reaction score
66
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Kaoz said:
As it stands, with symmetrical boosts this is really more of a flavor gimmick than anything else. I guess an asymmetrical boost would be a possibility though.
I'd stay with symmetrical boosts at first, just to see how it goes. Asymmetrical boosts could come later, but that seems more work in fine-tuning the characters, their rivals and respective boosts.

Yukimura's good base stats should back up his negation well. So I estimated that he and Tokugawa should be around 95-100 points when using Sixth Sense: there's some variance dependent on conditional Autos and losing stamina. That's by far the highest score I've seen so far in Doubles. During Season 3, I think the best teams were hitting in the mid/high 70s at best.

I wonder how feasible it would be to draft them together though. I'm thinking Tokugawa could be a second-round pick if everyone grabs a pro first, but he seems near their level and I could see other players drafting Yukimura highly anyway.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'd stay with symmetrical boosts at first, just to see how it goes. Asymmetrical boosts could come later, but that seems more work in fine-tuning the characters, their rivals and respective boosts.
Well, it's questionable how much data on asymmetrical boosts we can gather from using symmetrical boosts, so I'm fine with it either way. I think asymmetrical boosts could work something like for every X points of difference in base stat total, the weaker character's stats would increase by Y with a given priority between stats. Obviously needs some refinement here.

I wonder how feasible it would be to draft them together though. I'm thinking Tokugawa could be a second-round pick if everyone grabs a pro first, but he seems near their level and I could see other players drafting Yukimura highly anyway.
Tokugawa is up there if you can get an Oni/Irie/Ryoma support to trigger Loyalty, otherwise I think he's lacking a little behind the pros in singles. There's a lot of strong characters to choose from now though if you think about it:

Volk, Pro B, Pro D, QP, Amadeus, Camus, Medanore, Rhinehart, Balentien, Obando, Ryoga, Byoudouin, Tanegashima, Duke, Tokugawa, Oni, Irie, Tezuka, Ryoma, Kintarou, Yukimura

...could all feasibly be picked within the first two rounds I think, that's 21 characters for 16 picks already and then you might have someone going for Atobe or Dorgias or some other special character early on increasing the pool even further. I think the main difficulty will be that once someone picks Tokugawa, one of the others is probably going to snipe Yukimura just to prevent the pair from coming together.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Okay, so no mental drop from Yukimura. Doesn't sound right. And the biggest problem is His stamina decreases without him activating anything. I mean the opponent can decrease his stamina to 0. He has no control over it.

I think last season's Yukimura looks stronger than this.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Okay, so no mental drop from Yukimura. Doesn't sound right.
Don't blame me.

And the biggest problem is His stamina decreases without him activating anything. I mean the opponent can decrease his stamina to 0. He has no control over it.
Isn't that better than if it were a Special? I could turn it into one, but then you'd have to actually guess when your opponent is going to activate anything like with Kimijima and might waste it, whereas if it's an Auto it always works. This does make him more predictable for sure, but since he can use it 4 times against Lv <= 5 Serves/Specials he still wins against those people. On the other hand he won't win against pro level players either way.

I think last season's Yukimura looks stronger than this.
That's pretty possible, but I can't give him TnK again.
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I liked the "perfect play" special of last season. If it can be changed to something like "whenever an opponent uses a special, that specials level decreases by 1. And specials lv>=5 are negated. Whenever a special is negated this way, opponents mental decreases by 1. This decrease cannot be prevented.
Don't blame me.



Isn't that better than if it were a Special? I could turn it into one, but then you'd have to actually guess when your opponent is going to activate anything like with Kimijima and might waste it, whereas if it's an Auto it always works. This does make him more predictable for sure, but since he can use it 4 times against Lv <= 5 Serves/Specials he still wins against those people. On the other hand he won't win against pro level players either way.



That's pretty possible, but I can't give him TnK again.
Well, his Yips did effect Franensteiner before Volk helped him overcome it. It would be fitting if 1 point mental drop was added somehow.
 

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 31, 2009
Messages
9,443
Reaction score
4,769
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
"Perfect Play" was TnK tailored towards Yukimura's playstyle like how Oni had Perfect Black Jack Knife for instance. It could work in some capacity, but there's no way around eliminating the point boost, and being stuck at his base total is one of Yukimura's problems against better characters. Also, Yips affected Frankensteiner before Yukimura fell into it himself.

There could maybe be another Auto that works when the opponent doesn't activate a Special.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I changed Kimijima according to this:

One alternative I could think of would be to not let him negate Lv 6 Specials with the Formation.
It still increases the amount of times Negotiation can be used to 4 though.


Also, question: Are there any characters, especially among the ones with less than 20 base total, that you think I should take an especially close look at or that had a quirk that wasn't represented very well?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
And a double feature:

Dodo Obando [30, SB: 4, HP: 13, AB, R]
(SPE: 6, POW: 8, STA: 5, MEN: 5, TEC: 6)

-Birdman [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. When checked, Speed returns at +1. When serving, ACE if any opponent's combined Speed and Mental is less than 9.

-INTENSITY [Auto]:
If an opponent's total increases by 5 or more through a single ability, Mental increases by 1 (max. 1 time per point).

-Meteor Dunk [Special - Lv 6]:
Activation: Requires Birdman. After activation, Stamina decreases by 0.5 instead of 1.
Data: Power increases by 6, Technique increases by 2.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's combined Power and Technique is less than 12.

Kiko Balentien [30, SB: 2, HP: 9, AR, R]
(SPE: 7, POW: 5, STA: 4, MEN: 7, TEC: 7)

-Cheetah [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. When checked, Speed returns at +1. At the end of the Extra step, ACE if every opponent's combined Speed and Stamina is less than 9.

-Breakdancing [Auto]:
Speed increases by 1. Opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 4 are negated. If partner activates Breakdancing, opponent's Serves/Specials with Lv <= 6 are negated instead.

-Group Performance [Auto]:
Cannot be copied. Activates from the 3rd point onwards. Mental increases by 1, Support Bonus increases by 3.

-Encore! [Special - Lv 5]:
Activation: Negated if an opponent successfully activates an ACE effect. After an opponent activates a Serve/Special, that opponent's Stamina decreases at 200%.

Not much has changed, but I've increased their stats for this season (Rhinehart's also went up to 31 to compensate). For Obando I took out the SB boost Birdman provided since I thought an SB of 5 might be a little too much. Gave it a defensive boost to compensate. Balentien gained a new Auto in Cheetah to mirror Birdman and it's supposed to work off of Encore! if that wasn't obvious. I'm not quite sure if 9 is the right number to put there, but we'll run with it for now.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Michael Detlef [31, SB: 2, HP: 13, AR, R]
(SPE: 5, POW: 5, STA: 8, MEN: 5, TEC: 8)

-Champion of Order [Auto]:
Partner's Formations cannot be negated. Opponent's Formations are negated.

-Afterburner [Counter]:
Triggers during the fourth and seventh point if Stamina is 2 or higher. Speed permanently increases by 4, Stamina decreases by 2.

-Detlef's Wrath [Counter]:
Triggers when HP decreases for the first time. Power permanently increases by 4, Mental permanently decreases by 2.

-The Wall [Special - Lv 5]:
Activation: If an opponent's Technique is less than 7, that opponent's Specials with Lv <= 6 are negated. After activation, Stamina decreases by 0 instead of 1.
Data: Speed increases by 2, Power increases by 1, Technique increases by 1.

-Hand Gottes [Special - Lv 6]:
Data: Technique increases by 7.
Extra: ACE if every opponent's Mental is less than 7.

I'll probably say a bit more about this after I've posted Pro B as well.
 
Last edited:
Top