Return of the Vainglorious

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Yeah, everyone gets coaxed into making threads as new spamming ground. Tbh the purpose of these threads, this section in general has somewhat shifted since they began. Imo it was a lot more interesting then, you know, asking questions, actually discussing topics, etc. But I guess that was just the nature of things back then and things do change.

Make one if you really want, but there's a ton of active threads, so you can probably just hijack someone's thread. Sky basically runs his and Haku's thread.
I'm curious as to what you see as spam by the way. For me it's useless idle one liners or emoji spam. Since my thread is a three season kind of affair (Actual discussion between me and another on a topic, Random Spam, Dead thread) it's easy to tell them apart
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, everyone gets coaxed into making threads as new spamming ground. Tbh the purpose of these threads, this section in general has somewhat shifted since they began. Imo it was a lot more interesting then, you know, asking questions, actually discussing topics, etc. But I guess that was just the nature of things back then and things do change.

Make one if you really want, but there's a ton of active threads, so you can probably just hijack someone's thread. Sky basically runs his and Haku's thread.
Looks like it. That's the problem with too much spam, I guess, that good conversations and discussions get sidetracked into nonsense. But it's not all bad; considering these are threads for everyday talk, the place sure is lively at least. :p And I saw that only a few threads are actually spammy, some other active ones seem to be closer to that original purpose.

I don't know, I'd feel bad to hijack someone else's thread... Well, we'll see if I find the will to make one eventually.


I'm curious as to what you see as spam by the way. For me it's useless idle one liners or emoji spam. Since my thread is a three season kind of affair (Actual discussion between me and another on a topic, Random Spam, Dead thread) it's easy to tell them apart
Spam itself has become the topic of discussion now, that's great :D
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Looks like it. That's the problem with too much spam, I guess, that good conversations and discussions get sidetracked into nonsense. But it's not all bad; considering these are threads for everyday talk, the place sure is lively at least. :p And I saw that only a few threads are actually spammy, some other active ones seem to be closer to that original purpose.

I don't know, I'd feel bad to hijack someone else's thread... Well, we'll see if I find the will to make one eventually.



Spam itself has become the topic of discussion now, that's great :D
Discussion cometh where discussion is due
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So Bob without any spoilers, how was the Flash episode?
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,761
Reaction score
26,093
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Betcha he gona say flashy :x3
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I'm curious as to what you see as spam by the way. For me it's useless idle one liners or emoji spam.
Yeah, something like that I guess...

I don't know, I'd feel bad to hijack someone else's thread... Well, we'll see if I find the will to make one eventually.
Yeah sometimes you do forget about these threads and end up with some messages waiting for responses for ages.

@Sky have you not seen it yet? I thought it was good; especially how they tied the Barry/Legends plot to Barry/Cisco.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well I was on a class trip. Returned today. Will probably watch it tomorrow.
If you liked it then I can look forward to it.
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Yeah, everyone gets coaxed into making threads as new spamming ground. Tbh the purpose of these threads, this section in general has somewhat shifted since they began. Imo it was a lot more interesting then, you know, asking questions, actually discussing topics, etc. But I guess that was just the nature of things back then and things do change.
Tbh there's still threads where questions are made and topics are discussed, with a bit of spam on top :arf

Where is the morphin btw :wowsoBOB
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Well I was on a class trip. Returned today. Will probably watch it tomorrow.
If you liked it then I can look forward to it.
Yeah it's a good episode, once you get rid of the "superhero team up and meet and greet" in the beginning, which just annoys me and is corny as fuck.

Tbh there's still threads where questions are made and topics are discussed, with a bit of spam on top :arf

Where is the morphin btw :wowsoBOB
Oh? which ones are those? yours? :heh
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Lulwut Battou? Your thread is pretty much kira's Overflow Spamming ground :heh
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I don't think he does :gwah
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
o..of course i know..

:leaving *googles*
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
And there is a remake movie coming soon
 

Battou

⎲⎳
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 11, 2015
Messages
2,501
Reaction score
8,347
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
Uruguay
Ehh, wasnt into the power rangers as a kid

what''s your all time favorite serie, bob? :arf
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Corn flakes. It's gotta be Corn Flakes
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ehh, wasnt into the power rangers as a kid

what''s your all time favorite serie, bob? :arf
What were you into then?

I really can't give you one series. In terms of watch-ability, I'd say Friends; I could never get tired of it and always laugh. One of my other favourite series is Chuck because they had a dope cast and really enjoyed the first few seasons and then the continued story; had strong public support which saw it to its end. Breaking Bad is pretty amazing and first season of True Detective is some of the best tv I've ever seen. There are probably other series I enjoyed and whatnot but right now I can't think very well, so....TBC! :sexyarf

And there is a remake movie coming soon
Yes, did you see the new costumes though? I don't like them very much. Much prefer if they had kept the original designs. It looks quite similar to how Flash looks in the upcoming Justice League movie.
 
Top