Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Now Amalgam was edgy. Lady was eating guts out of a bucket lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

OPM chapters in the volumes aren't that long especially during the arcs it covered
Yeah but they'll be short chapters filled with nothing but fighting and Murata tends to not number specific chapters. This current arc in particular is poorly paced and is off and on schedule isn't helping.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My heart leaped with the title because we know that new character announcement is filler, characters must be introduced in the series. They said "anime" and my eyes bulged, but it is just a OVA. We're safe.
Its obviously All Might
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Its obviously All Might
What? That thing with horns is All Might? I know that fillers doesn't necessarily has to make sense, but they say that this OVA connects the first and second season. The first season ended when the invasion ended and it seems they are still in that training site. All Might was at its limit there, so it doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they are doing that in another day though... Anyway, giving too much thought to a filler. XD
 
Last edited:

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What? That thing with horns is All Might? I know that fillers doesn't necessarily has to make sense, but they say that this OVA connects the first and second season. The first season ended when the invasion ended and it seems they are still in that training site. All Might was at its limit there, so it doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they are doing that in another day though... Anyway, giving too much thought to a filler. XD
Just looks like another training excercise. The OVA just seems to give hints at what's to come regarding Shouto and his character
 

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
What? That thing with horns is All Might? I know that fillers doesn't necessarily has to make sense, but they say that this OVA connects the first and second season. The first season ended when the invasion ended and it seems they are still in that training site. All Might was at its limit there, so it doesn't make any sense at all. Maybe they are doing that in another day though... Anyway, giving too much thought to a filler. XD
Its not entirely filler. Horikoshi wrote the story. It takes place 4 days after the invasion. Its basically an battle/rescue exercise. All might basically acts as a villain and the class has to beat him.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Bones pulled a Toei with the slow pacing. (although Toei pacing is even worse)

World Trigger & One Piece have awful pacing but they were still successful. Obviously the latter is a special case than the former but I don't think if Academia had a better paced anime would've made a HUGE difference.

Is there any director changes for the second season? I know sadly Kekkai Sensen, received one and it got a shitty director for the second season. (hope it doesnt ruin sales that much because Kekkai Sensen is probably Bone's best seller in a very long time)
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Is there any director changes for the second season? I know sadly Kekkai Sensen, received one and it got a shitty director for the second season. (hope it doesnt ruin sales that much because Kekkai Sensen is probably Bone's best seller in a very long time)
I'm fairly certain that it's still Kenji Nagasaki.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Bones pulled a Toei with the slow pacing. (although Toei pacing is even worse)

World Trigger & One Piece have awful pacing but they were still successful. Obviously the latter is a special case than the former but I don't think if Academia had a better paced anime would've made a HUGE difference.
World Trigger was successful?
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Welp, Pone sold out before I could order it. Hope it comes back in stock soon, Neverland 1 says 1-2 months on Amazon and I'm not sure if they'll hold the rest of the order if one thing is out of stock or not. At least it means people like the artist's stuff.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
While I think the season could have cut sped up a little, I honestly don't know how it could have been done differently outside of removing some flashbacks.

While I understand most anime adapts the entire first chapter in 1 episode, I can't really imagine the first 2 episodes of MHA as one episode. It really seemed well done to me. I mean they didn't add a absurd amount of none manga moments, or have loon pause frames. Everything was pretty much exactly as it was in the manga, so I can't imagine the anime doing it any other way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Whatever this one shot is, it looks kinda of cool. I wish One Shots got translated and scans released more often
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
While I think the season could have cut sped up a little, I honestly don't know how it could have been done differently outside of removing some flashbacks.

While I understand most anime adapts the entire first chapter in 1 episode, I can't really imagine the first 2 episodes of MHA as one episode. It really seemed well done to me. I mean they didn't add a absurd amount of none manga moments, or have loon pause frames. Everything was pretty much exactly as it was in the manga, so I can't imagine the anime doing it any other way.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Whatever this one shot is, it looks kinda of cool. I wish One Shots got translated and scans released more often
Oh shit, I completely forgot Haruhara had a oneshot this issue. His stuff is amazing even if he's not drawing this one, I haven't read it yet but if I like it when I get to it I'll translate that.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm now considering buying The Promised Neverland because of the cover... It doesn't look that awesome at first, but... I don't know, it looks nice somehow, I don't how to explain.... Maybe the shape of 約束 in the logo and how the stairs are positioned... Anyway, it is not something I will buy now, it is a series that inspires caution since it can crumble any second, but I will think about that in the future. It looks tiresome to read in Japanese, so probably when VIZ releases it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Whatever this one shot is, it looks kinda of cool. I wish One Shots got translated and scans released more often
literally just finished checking out the digital scans and then deleted them from my pc
thought about uploading the raw to imgur but then changed my mind considering some of the manga panels
the glorious return of uncensored penises to Jump since Beelzebub end
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So I guess it looks like Neverland probably ends up selling somewhere in the 30Ks
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
literally just finished checking out the digital scans and then deleted them from my pc
thought about uploading the raw to imgur but then changed my mind considering some of the manga panels
the glorious return of uncensored penises to Jump since Beelzebub end
Question. How do you guys able to access the raws of these one shots and stuff?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Question. How do you guys able to access the raws of these one shots and stuff?
It's Monday in Japan, so the raw are out on the internet, and of course you can buy the digital version of the magazine if you don't like pirating
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
World Trigger above Boruto? Was it always like that or did I miss something?
I noticed that too. Seems like Borutos second volume wont sell near what the first did.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top