Special Nanatsu no Taizai Specials - Side Story: Fight!! The Great Captain of Leftover Disposal

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
Implying Gowther didn't change appearance and erased everyone's memories during the war.

I am not expecting him to have an active role in the next chapter, but he could be mentioned since Gloxinia and Dolor heard his name before.

When you think about it, remaining hidden during a war of this scale is incredible.
So...? He probably changed his appearance, but how does that change what I said? It still implies he "vanished" just before the Holy War. What are you trying to say?
And the fact that the Demon King was aware of his leaving and that Fraudrin later appeared as his replacement implies that he did not really participate in the war (at least not as a member of the Demon Clan, but he'd be recognized even if he fought for the other side, implying he stayed neutral) - he was stricken by his decree just before that.

Mentioned maybe, but I'm pretty sure he won't appear as a member of the Ten Commandments. He has no reason to battle against Dolor and Gloxinia when he doesn't know what he's fighting for. And it's not weird that Dolor and Glox would vaguely remember Gowther seeing as they became members of the Ten Commandments later on, even though they seemingly didn't know Mel killed Aranak and Zeno.
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
So...? He probably changed his appearance, but how does that change what I said? It still implies he "vanished" just before the Holy War. What are you trying to say?
And the fact that the Demon King was aware of his leaving and that Fraudrin later appeared as his replacement implies that he did not really participate in the war (at least not as a member of the Demon Clan, but he'd be recognized even if he fought for the other side, implying he stayed neutral) - he was stricken by his decree just before that.

Mentioned maybe, but I'm pretty sure he won't appear as a member of the Ten Commandments. He has no reason to battle against Dolor and Gloxinia when he doesn't know what he's fighting for. And it's not weird that Dolor and Glox would vaguely remember Gowther seeing as they became members of the Ten Commandments later on, even though they seemingly didn't know Mel killed Aranak and Zeno.
I was joking with the crossed sentence. I am not expecting him to be with the Commandments next chapter, only a mention from Meliodas maybe. Last chapter implies that they don't know much about the Commandment as they are now since Meliodas revealed what he knew about Carmadios during the battle.
 
Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I was joking with the crossed lines. I am not expecting him to be with the Commandments next chapter, only a mention from Meliodas maybe. Last chapter implies that they don't know much about the Commandment as they are now since Meliodas revealed what he knew about Carmadios during the battle.
Your jokes are bad, dude. You should look at mine sometimes.
Yeah, like I said, they don't know the Commandments that well, but this case occurred before they joined the demons' army, so they could've heard about Gowther in one way or another. Meliodas count mention him, yup.
 

FKS

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Feb 27, 2015
Messages
3,448
Reaction score
16,949
Gender
Male
Country
France
The script's out at MK: http://mangakansou.com/【ネタバレ】七つの大罪 番外編・ジェリコ 感/

By the way, no chapter next week; the whole magazine will go on break.

(EDIT : Psst, j'ai fait la traduction en français du script, disponible sur la page principale du site.)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Rai posted the whole rest of the chapter:
http://i.imgur.com/fVtfkXT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/L5ywDNW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/gS82iqE.jpg
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,920
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Oh, finally. I guess this further shows that the whole experience and feelings thing affects what type of magic the user can end up developing. I wonder if guila could actually develop two different types of magic. Right now her magic comes from that demon seed within her. Shouldn't it be possible for her to use that alongside a developed human magic?
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
Seeing the siblings on the same page with the same expression like this, it's kind of frightening with their resemblance.

At least we know the next SS will be about the Sins and if Nakaba follows the same pattern it should be after the battle of Liones. Meaning that King and Diane will probably not be in it unless he decides to show them all separately. If it's about them(Meliodas, Merlin, Ban and Escanor) discussing just before their meeting with Gowther it'd be perfect. With some clarifications about Ban's level and his curse.

Oh, finally. I guess this further shows that the whole experience and feelings thing affects what type of magic the user can end up developing. I wonder if guila could actually develop two different types of magic. Right now her magic comes from that demon seed within her. Shouldn't it be possible for her to use that alongside a developed human magic?
I don't think so.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
"The exact same magic"? Notwithstanding Disaster and Creation, which are characteristic to certain tribes and their leaders, we've never seen any two humans with the same magic, have we? Zaratras' and Gilthunder's are the closest, but they're not identical. I wonder if the case with Jericho and Gustaf is being misunderstood (partly by being different in certain aspects although they seem to be the same at first sight) or if it's in fact a very rare occurrence.
It could also be some sort of "passing on" from one user to another after one's death, similar to being able to gain a deceased devil fruit user's powers in One Piece.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think that line's kinda misleading/jumping the gun...she literally just awakened a kind of ice magic and no one knows what the extend of it is, how in the world can you tell it's the exact same thing from one random thing Jericho did.
I can only assume that's someone taking liberties in translating that part and that the general gist of the line was more like "oh, hey. Your power is like your brother's" and not "oh snap, that's your brother's power"

I think the "inheritance" part may not be too far off tho. Not in a literal sense of course but wasn't Gil still a child when Zaratras died? I don't know what they tell in the novel about him and the others during the time between the Coup and the Sins' return because I didn't read that (yet) but it's possible he also awakened to a power like his father's because he was grieving? Powers probably manifest in moments when you're really emotional (because Shounen) and losing someone really close likely qualify for that. I think Jericho is the first character we saw awaken to a power in the actual story so far, so it's difficult to tell if this is how it usually happens or not, but I feel it's close to how it's eventually gonna get explained (unless I forget about something...again)
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I think that line's kinda misleading/jumping the gun...she literally just awakened a kind of ice magic and no one knows what the extend of it is, how in the world can you tell it's the exact same thing from one random thing Jericho did.
I can only assume that's someone taking liberties in translating that part and that the general gist of the line was more like "oh, hey. Your power is like your brother's" and not "oh snap, that's your brother's power"

I think the "inheritance" part may not be too far off tho. Not in a literal sense of course but wasn't Gil still a child when Zaratras died? I don't know what they tell in the novel about him and the others during the time between the Coup and the Sins' return because I didn't read that (yet) but it's possible he also awakened to a power like his father's because he was grieving? Powers probably manifest in moments when you're really emotional (because Shounen) and losing someone really close likely qualify for that. I think Jericho is the first character we saw awaken to a power in the actual story so far, so it's difficult to tell if this is how it usually happens or not, but I feel it's close to how it's eventually gonna get explained (unless I forget about something...again)
I'd still go with its being similar but not identical, much like Boku no Hero Academia's instances - two people may awaken explosive powers, but one may be as a result of simply concentrating power to yield an explosion, and the other one has combustive sweat; the result is the same, but the process isn't.
I don't think Taizai works like that, but even Gil and Zaratras have slightly different magic powers, so I doubt the case is any different here. Extremely similar? Sure. Exactly identical? Eh, doubt it. Who knows, though.
 

Yakkun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
4,341
Reaction score
4,226
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Agreed. Unless proven otherwise, this power is merely very similar to Gustaf's and it was logical for Guila to comment on it this way because it obviously is the closest similarity here. But Jericho hasn't really done anything with it yet; she merely froze a bit of water. If she starts using the same techniques as her brother it would probably be a different story because that's how you get proof on how a power manifests. Vivian can freeze stuff with her Freeze Coffin spell too yet it is entirely unrelated to any specific elemental ability.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I..agreed with you Gallon lel
My point was exactly that. (maybe I worded it weird?)
I think that it's definitely possible that Jericho and Gustaf have incredibly similar powers but I doubt it's the same exact thing, unless Jericho completely apes her brother's combat style I doubt she'd even use the power for the same things.
I like the comparison to MHA, All Might and Deku alone are the perfect example for that. They have the exact same power but they use them very differently simply on merit of their different physique. It's probably like that in Taizai as well.


Btw, I forgot something important...Jericho's rich, yo. I figured she was like..upper middle class within Lioness but it looks like they have the full program: estate just outside the town, at least one maid, bigass grounds for the family...No wonder Gustaf was so protective of his little sister, the family's hot stuff in the area.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
What could be the difference between Great Thunder an Thunderbolt anyway? I doubt Great Thunder is superior in everything. Maybe one has more raw power while the other allows to move faster or something?
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
I..agreed with you Gallon lel
My point was exactly that. (maybe I worded it weird?)
I think that it's definitely possible that Jericho and Gustaf have incredibly similar powers but I doubt it's the same exact thing, unless Jericho completely apes her brother's combat style I doubt she'd even use the power for the same things.
I like the comparison to MHA, All Might and Deku alone are the perfect example for that. They have the exact same power but they use them very differently simply on merit of their different physique. It's probably like that in Taizai as well.


Btw, I forgot something important...Jericho's rich, yo. I figured she was like..upper middle class within Lioness but it looks like they have the full program: estate just outside the town, at least one maid, bigass grounds for the family...No wonder Gustaf was so protective of his little sister, the family's hot stuff in the area.
I know, I wasn't trying to argue against you, I was trying to reinforce what you said by wording it differently. :arf
I mean, I was the one who mentioned the inheritance factor in that post, so I simply said that the similarity hypothesis is more viable.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
So, if Jericho's ability is not the same. How do you think it'll be called? My prediction: Ice Claw :heh.
 

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Baahh, I blame my headache haha

I'm really curious about the exact details on how this stuff works tho. Hope Suzuki eventually explains it properly in a guidebook or something.
 

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 6, 2015
Messages
6,197
Reaction score
13,371
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
So, if Jericho's ability is not the same. How do you think it'll be called? My prediction: Ice Claw :heh.
Since Gustav's is Ice Fang, Jericho's will be Ice Weird Fang. :kappa

I hope everyone gets that - I'm proud I came up with it. :D

Baum said:
Baahh, I blame my headache haha

I'm really curious about the exact details on how this stuff works tho. Hope Suzuki eventually explains it properly in a guidebook or something.
Actually, now that I read my post again, I see why you'd think I was arguing against you - sorry.
 
Last edited:

Baum

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2015
Messages
775
Reaction score
779
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So, if Jericho's ability is not the same. How do you think it'll be called? My prediction: Ice Claw :heh.
Ice Fang would fit her imo. She's kinda "wild" and everything lol
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Since Gustav's is Ice Fang
God dammit. I didn't know Gustaf already had that. XD
 

Hendy

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2015
Messages
265
Reaction score
126
Age
29
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wasn't it supposed to have something about Ban in this chapter too?
 
Top