Question - What is August's Secret - August discussion thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question What is August's Secret - August discussion thread

GodOfDestruction

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The August discussion thread
For any discussion, theories and predictions regarding the King of Magic.​

What is August' Secret
Brandish had connections to Lucy's mom.
DiMaria has Chronos
Wahl was a Machina
Neinhart had connections to Erza and Irene
Bradman was a demon
Larcade was a Dragneel
God Serena was Ishgars number 1
Irene is Erza mom and the queen of Dragons.
Nothing was important about Invel, Ajeel, and Jacob.

So what is August bringing to the table story wise.

Discuss in the comments.

Last edited by a moderator:

Belserion

Queen of Dragons
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I'm betting on him being some sort of god. He looks the part. After everything you mentioned about the other Spriggans it would be boring if the King of Magic was just a really powerful mage.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Well he doesn't have a secret kid in Ishgal :zomg

I think he's simply the King of Magic. He'll have the best attacks and nukes, and the best barriers; and with all that magic he should be able to counter anything He might even have PoF, he cares about his comrades. There's also the possibility of having Serena's lacrimas, but after Irene's reveals I don't want that anymore.

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Personally, I'd rather he just be a normal mage. I'm a little sick of every character having some sort of unexpected mind-boggling secret or plot relevancy. This is why Gildarts is one of my favorite characters. Can't we just have a mage who's strong just because?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
:super Great thread.

I think August is the secret agent of Ishgar.He didn't allow God Serena to kill GOI and Jura.He allowed Jellal and CS alive.:teehee

In a serious tone i think there is some secret behind him.He knows more magic than Zeref so there should be a secret behind him.I have a feeling he is somehow connected with the Dragneel family.

Last edited:

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I rather Larcade be some kind of God like Chronos just cause he kept referring to "humans this, human desires that" in a way he could of been hinting he's not human, plus we know he was created like Natsu so it's plausible he isn't. It's no problem at all for August not to have any secret, amazing past, or great plot relevance besides being op. Less can be better at times. I like him just being some old OG of magic

Irina_mashiro_22

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fairy Tail
...i don't think august have a secret or any shocking relatives or kids in ishagar.. well my gut is telling me that he is a citizen and loyal servant of alvarez he is not a migrant or something else for that matter.. :teehee
and beside it better that way he need to live his hype as king of magic ;)

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
August's biggest secret that he is (....) I mean Lacarde made everything obvious ;)
I pity him.

But in a way it clears that Jellal or any other person is not connected to him by being his son or grandson.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I pity him.

But in a way it clears that Jellal or any other person is not connected to him by being his son or grandson.
No no it's like that, I was joking

Mashima gave August respect due to his age, That would be really nasty to see August suffering from such a thing. Not like a boy like Zeref or a MILF like Irene.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
Personally, I'd rather he just be a normal mage. I'm a little sick of every character having some sort of unexpected mind-boggling secret or plot relevancy. This is why Gildarts is one of my favorite characters. Can't we just have a mage who's strong just because?
This is true. It is nice, but then they get pushed to the back corner or Irrelevancy and Plotville while fighting fodder. So most people look for a connection because it would mean the character/villain would have more impact.

:super Great thread.

I think August is the secret agent of Ishgar.He didn't allow God Serena to kill GOI and Jura.He allowed Jellal and CS alive.:teehee

In a serious tone i think there is some secret behind him.He knows more magic than Zeref so there should be a secret behind him.I have a feeling he is somehow connected with the Dragneel family.
I still want "only surviving teacher of midian academy." Took Zeref under his wing. Because immortal through his use of primordial castings.
No no it's like that, I was joking

Mashima gave August respect due to his age, That would be really nasty to see August suffering from such a thing. Not like a boy like Zeref or a MILF like Irene.
Omg! You are so right. Unless we get a backflash of a hot, young August.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
August is Virgin and has virgin powers...

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
This is true. It is nice, but then they get pushed to the back corner or Irrelevancy and Plotville while fighting fodder. So most people look for a connection because it would mean the character/villain would have more impact.

I still want "only surviving teacher of midian academy." Took Zeref under his wing. Because immortal through his use of primordial castings.

Omg! You are so right. Unless we get a backflash of a hot, young August.
I doubt that.All professors in Mildean were massacred by Zeref.

He can be the member whose chair was empty and present in the flashback of Natsu seeing the Dragneel family.

He was the one who recognized Natsu almost instantly.Even Invel who knew about Natsu or END knew it from seeing his picture.But there is no hint that August knew Natsu because he saw his picture.

Crescent Jinx

Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I doubt that.All professors in Mildean were massacred by Zeref.

He can be the member whose chair was empty and present in the flashback of Natsu seeing the Dragneel family.

He was the one who recognized Natsu almost instantly.Even Invel who knew about Natsu or END knew it from seeing his picture.But there is no hint that August knew Natsu because he saw his picture.
Well mostly my idea comes from
August - evil Dumbledore; evil Gandalf; evil Merlin

Zeref - Harry Potter; Frodo; Arthur

Midian academy - Hogwarts; middle earth; Camelot

(The Dragneels be almost as screwed up a family line as the Pendragons)

And August could have been from that time period and never seen Natsu because when Zeref was at the school........ his brother was already dead.

That empty chair seems like it would be someone that knew the Dragneels on personal level. Which could be August.

Or Acno.

Or Zeref's Aunt Irene.

Xzilerate

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
He parallels Shakuma from Rave Master in a lot of ways. I actually hope he doesn't have any complicated background like Irene and that he just ends up being a normal mage who was so talented that he managed to become as powerful as he currently is.

I'm not expecting that though since he has a mysterious form that hasn't been explained at all. There's got to be some history behind that and I'm sure we'll get it once we get to his fight.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
He parallels Shakuma from Rave Master in a lot of ways. I actually hope he doesn't have any complicated background like Irene and that he just ends up being a normal mage who was so talented that he managed to become as powerful as he currently is.

I'm not expecting that though since he has a mysterious form that hasn't been explained at all. There's got to be some history behind that and I'm sure we'll get it once we get to his fight.
I think a lot people noticed that August parallels Shakuma. I think August will fight Gildarts+Cana and destroy Makarov's body which parallels to Elie+Haru fighting Shakuma and Shakuma destroying Sieg Hart's skeleton.

Temperance

The Red Spear
Reaction score
Country
France
Well, maybe he simply trained very , very , very, very hard and he became really powerful:SOON
I mean, he's the God of Magic, no need to have a secret when you are August:ruawizard

Zelefomavis

Reaction score
Country
France
I actually do not like August. I think his battle form is ugly, and he would have been way cooler keeping his normal old guy appearance. Not gonna judge all about style.
His main problem is he is not coherent. I mean he is not battle crazed as some Spriggans, so why does he follows Zeref? I mean he gave a nice little speech about Zeref to Jellal, saying it s not about darkness and light bla bla shit, well when you got a cursed emo who can't think straight at all and contradicts himself, and wants to start a massive humn genocide, it s not about his black magic, but if you are a normal and decent human being who August seems to be and say he is,you do not follow his orders for fuck's sake. It does not make any sense when it does not seem August seek to fight, he even let Jellal and co live, but for what purpose if your majesty wants to kill all og them. He better have something up his sleeve, another plan to just help kill acnologia but not follow in the massive kill,but .... I mean I just can not stand it. He has a little condescendants attitude like "so that s how they act" "it is not about darkness" well you just are plain evil if you act like "it is orders, I have to kill those people" because you know whose alibi this was ? Fucking nazis. So yeah I don't like August one bit

Yunkers

Reaction score
Country
Poland
In the beginning I thought that August was too smart to follow Zeref's ideas and he would plot something behind the scenes (he could have his own plan with Ishgar). However now Alvarez have technically lost, so there's no point to August to plot anything. Probably he's just the strong mage who uses many types of magic, but he's not a master in any.

Evgeniu

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
He is a God himself

A God of magic and have God Form, like Irene dracon Form )