Spirit's Secret Lair

To change my username, to not change my username...

  • Suzulicious

  • Keep it as WYIS

  • Other (Feel free to suggest)


The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 26, 2016
Messages
3,186
Reaction score
5,328
Gender
Male
Country
France
Because it's the first of the two pieces of information listed in its Wiki page and because it's an insignificant detail that nobody would remember?
I recall of this 'cause i watched the anime, but I didn't finished to read the manga
I know it's -basically- the bars where everyone gathers:-_-
 

Vandred

Plan Deviser
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
1,488
Reaction score
7,113
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I recall of this 'cause i watched the anime, but I didn't finished to read the manga
I know it's -basically- the bars where everyone gathers:-_-
Oh, I could have sworn they never mentioned where the bar was located in the anime. :rolleyes:

And only a select few people gather there, to be precise. Anteiku would fit that description better than Helter Skelter, but the latter would be a much more fun place to be. :jester


So I read the first chapter of Tokyo Ghoul and was like "oh man.. Spirit will be so disappointed because I really don't feel like reading on after this..."

Thought the story felt clumsy and the art style and the "panelling" (if that's a word) was sort of annoying me.. Like I had to make an effort to go along with what happened.

Then I kind of accidentally clicked past chapter 1 and found that the next chapter was a redrawn version of the first one.
That one was 20 times better.
Now I'm intrigued. That one made the whole concept seem more interesting as well, so probably I'll be able to see past the issues I had with the "real" chapter 1.

I'll read on later I think! :turtle
Yeah, the art style and some aspects of the narration were way worse in the beginning than they are now. The redrawn first chapter is the best example of how far the author has come, but the first 60 or so chapters are considered something of slow start after which the story already picks up.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
But believe me the build up arcs are worth it.... As soon as you hit chapter 60.... Damn.... You're never going back at that point @Organizized :XD
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
I'll give it a fair go. Read the first few chapters today and I didn't dislike it (except the very first chapter), and I at least like to give a series like 30-40 chapters (if it's gotten that far along) before I decide to drop it or not. So far not that much has happened so I wanna keep reading to see where they'll go with the whole concept. :turtle
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, :turtle :turtle :turtle :turtle :turtle

I'd forgotten about that turtle. I overused it back in the day, my favorite emoticon ob the forum.

:turtle
:turtle

Good thing I haven't gone back to overusing it.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'll give it a fair go. Read the first few chapters today and I didn't dislike it (except the very first chapter), and I at least like to give a series like 30-40 chapters (if it's gotten that far along) before I decide to drop it or not. So far not that much has happened so I wanna keep reading to see where they'll go with the whole concept. :turtle
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also, :turtle :turtle :turtle :turtle :turtle

I'd forgotten about that turtle. I overused it back in the day, my favorite emoticon ob the forum.

:turtle
:turtle

Good thing I haven't gone back to overusing it.
That's good. But try and sit it out to chapter 60+
That's when everything changes for the amazing kind of better :faint
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Happy new years everyone :confetti
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
Happy new year!
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
25
Gender
Male
Country
India
>people say resolutions
>people turn on them the next day

:nah
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,340
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Aw man.. Mado was the one I liked so far, and he's dead so soon? Boo!

And yes, I'll be using this thread as a "random spontaneous thoughts while reading Tokyo Ghoul"-dump.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Aw man.. Mado was the one I liked so far, and he's dead so soon? Boo!

And yes, I'll be using this thread as a "random spontaneous thoughts while reading Tokyo Ghoul"-dump.
I'm totally fine with that :nod
I really liked the way in which Madou was portrayed honestly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@lawlett-kun I hate Akane's Junior Partner too. She's an all round annoying bitch. Not to mention the fact that she got Akane's Grandmother killed...
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,479
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
i actually expected her to come out..but nope.. In the movie she is still a dick too
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
@Shinyarcanine45 @EmptySoul I just realized you two haven't visited this thread yet. You should broaden your horizons :x3
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
i actually expected her to come out..but nope.. In the movie she is still a dick too
Yeah she's still annoying as hell in the movie haha. Speaking of which, I really liked the movie. I'm not sure whether it's a sequel to season 2 or takes place between S1 and S2...
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
It's my member thread. Have you started one yet?
 
Top