Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2015-2016] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Spring Weapon CP is indeed weird. Maybe they already know Demons Plan and/or Ole Golazo are already flops, so they're promoting it because it will be around a while?
Very happy to see Neverland with Lead colour already, pretty impressive even if its not a cover.
Why is Amalgram even still here. The series can't be saved, I don't see why they don't just replace it already, they've cancelled stuff in <10 chapters before...
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
My guess is that Spring Weapon may be another series that they don't care about the ranks.
Promoting a series with low ranks because newer series can potentially have low ranks as well makes no sense
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Knew that. That still doesn't look like a good position, even if unranked.

Next week will be the deciding factor after all.
Do pre-rankings even matter? Amalgam had decently high pre-rankings (IIRC) and it ended up bombing.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I think Amalgam taught us that pre rank positions mean squat. A series can be at the bottom all prerankings then rank #1 its first ranking. Or can be at the top all prerankings but then rank dead last
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm wondering if they're just going to axe Amalgam at chapter 14, like they did with Red Sprite.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
One Piece is absent in Issue #8. Returns in #9.
 

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Knew that. That still doesn't look like a good position, even if unranked.

Next week will be the deciding factor after all.
Amalgam was in the top three chapter before first rank. Have patience. Ole Golazo is the future of jump.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
There are two options for the cover: The Promised Neverland or Haikyuu. I don't think they will give it to Haikyuu now of all times, so it's most likely The Promised Neverland....

Man, what manga is this girl of your avatar?
Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

I receive a lot this question by PM. Is it just me or is it common? :derp
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
When will these editors learn that back to back to back Yuragi cover is the future? :derp:cheez:3c
 

xzaizenx

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2014
Messages
535
Reaction score
1,423
Gender
Male
Country
Singapore
Anyone watch the first EldLive yet?
It was alright. i had zero expectations so in that sense I enjoyed it. There are bits where Reborn is referenced, so that was pretty nice (coming from a huge reborn fan)
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
I hope TPN gets the Lead Cover page.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Amazing. I counted 23 comments since the post of the TOC translated and nobody... NOBODY mentioned Black Clover in first.

I'm gonna LOVE when the anime of this thing starts.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
When will these editors learn that back to back to back Yuragi cover is the future? :derp:cheez:3c
It wouldn't be as good as you are imagining. It would have to be well behaved drawings. :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Amazing. I counted 23 comments since the post of the TOC translated and nobody... NOBODY mentioned Black Clover in first.

I'm gonna LOVE when the anime of this thing starts.
In my defense, I didn't even take a closer look at the TOC. Nowadays I'm more interested in the preview of the next issue than in the actual TOC. Given the TOC this week, you can imagine the reason, right? :derp
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I was gonna say RIP Demon's Plan too but I'm seeing it's unranked. Hope this can at least land in the 200s. Japanese readers really not feeling Souma, it's so low.. and Clover is so high #life
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It wouldn't be as good as you are imagining. It would have to be well behaved drawings. :P
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

In my defense, I didn't even take a closer look at the TOC. Nowadays I'm more interested in the preview of the next issue than in the actual TOC. Given the TOC this week, you can imagine the reason, right? :derp
You are forgiven xD

I was gonna say RIP Demon's Plan too but I'm seeing it's unranked. Hope this can at least land in the 200s. Japanese readers really not feeling Souma, it's so low.. and Clover is so high #life
#life HAHAHA
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
177486 *285168 Shokugeki no Souma 22
117840 *202351 Gintama 67
*92891 *180305 Toriko 43
*69148 *103544 World's End Harem 2
*53926 **85529 Saiki Kusuo no Sainan 20
*24729 *756814 Haikyuu!! 24
*22135 2574781 One Piece 83
*18655 **31683 Samon-kun wa Summoner 7
*17959 **30197 Karadasagashi 11
*16687 *151433 Dragon Ball Super 2
*16440 *162140 World's End Harem 1
*15572 **26426 elDLIVE 7
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Gintama is in the bottom again, totally well deserved, the manga have been awful ever since the whole serious crap started, Gorilla can't write anything serious without coming off as cheesy

people got used to seeing these characters as one note jokes for 60 volumes, you shouldn't expect them to care about how deep their struggles now

I watched the anime the other day and it was awful too, who thought 10+ minutes of info-dump was a good idea?

the best thing about the episode was the Saiki Kusou jokes (totally not biased) and those were anime originals not from the manga

but of course the fandom are sticking their fingers in their ears and yelling "la la la, I can't hear you, la la la everything is fine"

one of the all time most greatest anime ever according to mal with just 1 episode out :facepalm
 
Last edited:

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
And i really love Gintama's seriousness, i don't think I could handle 600+ chapters of comedy.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I don't think Gintama is currently awful, but it has lost all of the appeal it once had. I liked the serious arcs because they were short and sweet, but this has been going on for far too long. It's got to the point where it's just bland. Chapters very rarely strike any emotion in me nowadays.

I also agree that I don't like that joke characters are now being treated as equally essential in this final fight. I get it. Gintama has a large cast and he wants to make sure everyone has a spotlight... but it just feels heavy handed.

I just think these few years of solid seriousness is showcasing that Sorachi can't right prolonged action in an interesting way. It's a shame.

Also to add, the 2017 anime was number 1 BEFORE it aired. Exactly why I never take MAL scores seriously. And people wonder why the Gintama fandom has a bad rep...
 
Last edited:

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
I remember someone talking about the mantine card drawing by Demizu a long ago. Here is a link with the pokemon card illustrated by him(only 2):
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-t...rticularArtist=Demizu&sort=number&sort=number

Damn it, I got all excited for nothing. :(
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's not ranked yet.
Being in the Bottom before rank are never good.Let's think about that, they're putting a new series in the back on the magazine, ergo , less time to expose to the casual and less oportunity to become known and sell the volume.
Still is only a chapter and it may rank first next week, but that doesn't change it's in the bottom.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top