Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
He's a fan of the tactical/strategic nature of the series.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I already told him about Togashi liking it. Didn't help.
Idk. I have the same problem with people I know, and it's the most frustrating thing ever when ppl refuse to give things a chance. Most of my friends are only fans of anime from the 90s-00s Toonami era and refuse to watch or like anything after that.

Me: check out HxH
Friends: *watches 15 minutes* this is the dumbest thing I've seen in my life. Why do ppl like this.


Me: watch JoJo
Friends: *watches 2 episodes* this is literally the worst anime I've ever seen in my life...

Me: watch MHA
Friends: this looks stupid and, and looks like a bootleg version of Naruto

Me: read the One Piece manga. The anime doesn't do it justice
Friends: no. Why would I read it when I have a version that isn't boring and isn't in black and white?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I don't really believe that people should be forced to read something that they don't want to. I already tried to do this many times, to no avail. If he doesn't want to read it, it is his problem, he may lose some good series with this way of thinking, but again, it is his problem. Now I just comment and put some screenshots on Twitter, if people are interested, they will ask.
 

Avok

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2015
Messages
477
Reaction score
363
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar
Started reading KnY just right now. I'm at chapter 11 and I'm really enjoying it so far. Some amazing stuff already.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
31 Days
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san #4 - 128,190
Hana Nochi Hare ~Hanadan Next Season~ #5 - 103434.5
The Promised Neverland #1 - 86,318
Kuroko no Basket - Replace Plus #5 - 78,963
Fire Punch #3 - 59,184
Kimetsu no Yaiba #4 - 54997.5

Kindle Ranking - generally
World's End Harem > Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san > Black Clover / Hinomaru Sumo
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
That friend is one picky one lol, usually my sisters are like that, not my friends, they always check out what i reccomend them and then later either thank me or tell me how shit my taste was.
Wha

What series is this?
Demon's Plan.
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Aren't the TPN sales pretty good? I mean, its first volume sold nearly 90k in its first month, been sometimes since we had such a first volume of a new series. Usually their sales either suck incredible or they are around 20-40k as a start.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Aren't the TPN sales pretty good? I mean, its first volume sold nearly 90k in its first month, been sometimes since we had such a first volume of a new series. Usually their sales either suck incredible or they are around 20-40k as a start.
It is pretty decent. No doubt about it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Thanks for reminding me that World Trigger existed, I had forgotten. XD
But I still remember what I said before: its popularity will be damaged with this long hiatus... It is not HxH, nor DGM. I don't think SQ's editorial department will be happy to take it...
if it moves to SQ it will be their most popular manga after BLue Exorcist
why wouldn't they want it?
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I see no disdain... It's called cause and effect. I do appreciate the values of the characters. I just don't see they replicated in real life. I'm a realist, not a dreamer.
You actually sounds more like 'more gritty/dark, less shounen-y'. Dont misunderstand, I totally get what you mean, but I AM happy that Emma is the maincharacter(besides having a girl as a MC in a shounen), I really like her attitude, it warms my dark, rotten heart.
Because, would it just be Ray & Norman planning to escape & abandon everyone, I abandon this series, for I am so f*cking sick of assholes as maincharacters.

Besides this, when I interpret this correctly, Emma, Ray & Norman are pretty much the three parts of the psychic apparatus:
Emma being the Id(instincts), Ray being the Ego(logic) & Norman as the Superego, the mediator between them, too.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You actually sounds more like 'more gritty/dark, less shounen-y'. Dont misunderstand, I totally get what you mean, but I AM happy that Emma is the maincharacter(besides having a girl as a MC in a shounen), I really like her attitude, it warms my dark, rotten heart.
Because, would it just be Ray & Norman planning to escape & abandon everyone, I abandon this series, for I am so f*cking sick of assholes of maincharacters.

Besides this, when I interpret this correctly, Emma, Ray & Norman are pretty much the three parts of the psychic apparatus:
Emma being the Id, Ray being the Ego & Norman as the Superego & mediator between them, too.
Yeah I'm way more into seinen right now.
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
Do you know when World trigger will come back?
 

James Rye

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2014
Messages
2,019
Reaction score
6,506
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think nobody knows about when WT might return. Maybe this long break means that Ashihara's condition got worse. :/
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
if it moves to SQ it will be their most popular manga after BLue Exorcist
why wouldn't they want it?
According to the popularity it has now and probably the popularity would only decrease after moving. There is another question that people forget: it will work as a monthly manga?
I remember that DGM started to become a complete mess after going monthly, I dropped it mostly because of it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not enough exorcism.
I was going to make the same joke, but i figured people in this thread don't check out SQ thread so they will only be confuse by it

also, I was going to ronpa you by saying "how many exorcisms are there in prince of tennis?" but stopped because well..

I don't read it but knowing that manga there could've performed many exorcisms by now

According to the popularity it has now and probably the popularity would only decrease after moving. There is another question that people forget: it will work as a monthly manga?
I remember that DGM started to become a complete mess after going monthly, I dropped it mostly because of it.
it became a mess because Hoshino didn't end it after the confrontation with Millennium Earl and decided to pull a Naruto and make bigger threats

shifting to monthly worked for many titles JoJo, Captain Tsubasa, Kenshin, Nuuuuube, Kinnikuman and the previously mentioned PoT
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt the author of WT would want the pay decrease from switching to monthly.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I doubt the author of WT would want the pay decrease from switching to monthly.
Not that I want it to move, but think of it as a pay increase from not actually publishing anything at the moment.

And just to be pedantic, Tsubasa and Nube are biweekly in Grand Jump right now and Kinnikuman I'm not sure about but that one's just weird because it's Playboy.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I apologize, I saw someone say that they were monthlies /a/ and didn't bother to check

anyway, authors comments are out on MS, Imawa no Jukuro oneshot author is one of Horikoshi's assistants, we should've guessed that since the characters' mouths have Hori's signature all over them
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, Nube NEO was originally a monthly in Grand Jump Premium while the Izuna spinoff had been going biweekly for a while in Grand Jump, then after NEO started they switched magazines. They also started serializing NEO in Saikyo Jump recently, why the fuck anyone thought that was a good idea is beyond me because Saikyo Jump's target audience should NOT be tempted to get Grand Jump for newer chapters.

But yeah I think everyone just assumes anything that isn't weekly has to be monthly, plus no one cares about Grand Jump.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top