Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I hope Demon's plan will have good ranking, because it's very good.
Spring weapon is getting a color page even before ranking? That's really weird.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Besides Medaka Box... Which other manga was "relevant" with a female MC? I can't remember a single one.
dr slump? jojo part 6? video girl ?orange road? cat's eyes?

Spring weapon is getting a color page even before ranking? That's really weird.
you're thinking ole golazo

spring weapon have been ranking for weeks
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Even they (MCs) have great intelligent..... they are still 11 years old kids.....
Which was illustrated recently when Sister Krone knew they were lying by watching their body language.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
dr slump? jojo part 6? video girl ?orange road? cat's eyes?

you're thinking ole golazo

spring weapon have been ranking for weeks
Well Arale is actually a robot but yeah. Jolyne is the best answer indeed... I don't know video girl, orange roand and cat's eyes.
 

IHateAsta

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Age
30
Country
United Arab Emirates
LoL Demon's plan chapter was SAVAGE . Cliche but enjoyable .
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm still hoping that the demons will eat one of the MCs in Neverland... It would be awesome. (I hope it's the annoying girl who want's to save them all.)
It would be interesting indeed, but I don't think it is going to happen with any of the main characters. It is obvious (or at least I hope so) that somebody will die, there is no way to make everybody escape like that, it is delusional. It will be a lesson principally for Emma, that the world is not that easy. If she is able to save everybody with friendship power, I will be just disappointed with the series.

Plus, it's nice to have a female MC nowadays in Jump.
"""female"""" XD
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
LoL Demon's plan chapter was SAVAGE . Cliche but enjoyable .
It will die miserably next week

It would be interesting indeed, but I don't think it is going to happen with any of the main characters. It is obvious (or at least I hope so) that somebody will die, there is no way to make everybody escape like that, it is delusional. It will be a lesson principally for Emma, that the world is not that easy. If she is able to save everybody with friendship power, I will be just disappointed with the series.


"""female"""" XD
I hear you. Black Clover's chapter this week was BEYOND annoying with all cliche that you can possibly imagine in the history of manga. And obviously, the friendship power was victorious.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I like The Promised Neverland, I really do, but it feels like a house of cards... So many things can go wrong with minimal mistakes from the author that I'm afraid to read every week. hahaha
 

Lehran

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
362
Reaction score
493
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If the option is to become an appetizer to demons? F*** my "siblings" dude...
I wonder how you are able to enjoy Shonen Jump manga at all if you have such disdain for the values they convey... :oh

On another topic, I'm really happy for Kimetsu no Yaiba. At first, I thought there was no hope for the series to become a success, as its performance was disappointing in both magazine rankings and volume sales in the first months. But both have been gradually improving, so I hope it is able to do like Sket Dance and evolve from a series that seemed dead on arrival to a successful long-running series. The author's art may be still kinda rough but it has a lot of personality.
 
Last edited:

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I wonder how you are able to enjoy Shonen Jump manga at all if you have such disdain for the values they convey... :oh

On another topic, I'm really happy for Kimetsu no Yaiba. At first, I thought there was no hope for the series to become a success, as its performance was disappointing in both magazine rankings and volume sales in the first months. But both have been gradually improving, so I hope it is able to pull a Sket Dance-like comeback and become a long-running series. The author's art may be still kinda rough but it has a lot of personality.
I see no disdain... It's called cause and effect. I do appreciate the values of the characters. I just don't see they replicated in real life. I'm a realist, not a dreamer.
 
Last edited:

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
I personally thought the last Demon's Plan was plain bad, and while I didn't necesarily love the past chapters, I didn't completely dislike them.
I honestly don't like the Eus kid and feel like him popping up with a backstory this quickly is just strange
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The latest Demon's Plan chapter was easily the best so far.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I thought 6 was pretty good too, but chapter 7 was good also. Surprised that the chapter was that savage, we'll see whether or not it survives next week, it's seems to be another Black Clover where it's a hit or miss for some folks. At least it's far ahead of Red Sprite during this current time
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
This panel though.

 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Speaking of Sket Dance, viz has ch 23 of Astra Lost in Space up now.

I like how much of a soap opera the series is turning out to be, Shinohara's drama always seems to end up being hilariously overdone.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Eeeeh I honestly preferred Red Sprite over Demon's Plan. Not really caring for it at all
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I still think Demon's Plan is very bland. It's not grabbing me at all. I will say one thing, I would prefer Eus as the MC.
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It is quite bland but the past 2 chapters I felt were pretty nice in building the story and characters. For me personally I'm quite enjoying as its giving me something to read along with MHA, OP, BC, KnY and some other seinen stuff. As far as it surviving I'm not sure but apart from me feels like it will because of who the editor is (MHA editor) and maybe he'll know how the capture a japanese audience some way. I think it definitely is light years ahead of shit like Red Sprite, Amalgam shit even Black Clover when it first started.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I mean, at least with Black Clover there is some sort of charm... plus it's fun to watch a train wreck. It's definitely not the worst thing(such as Red Sprite and Amalgam), but it's not what I'm personally looking for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top