A Fateful Encounter

Best Fate Work


  • Total voters
    20

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nah I couldn't care less about snow. But it turns streets into a dead zone and as soemone who needs a car to go to work, it is simply annoying.

Last time I checked I am not one of those Idol fanboys who remember everything about their beloved characters... :kappa

Hah Kotori... Such waifu material...
someone who can't see the joy and beauty of snow? You cretin!

Not sure if you're hinting at me here? :kappa

Not sure if waifu material, but fun to hang out with for sure XD
Exactly. :kappa
As for Kanji, luckily I bought a copy of Heisig's book, in which they're listed with their own meanings. :D
Unfortunately there are not their own different readings and for that reason I had to go find them on sites like jp41 or Sakura Dict.
I see that you're well prepared :kappa I look forward to your amazing japanese skills in the future :arf

  • Who is your #1 servant? Why do you like him/her?
  • Who are in your top 3 servants? Reasons why you like #2 and #3?
  • Do you like Taiga? What is your opinion about her? Do you find her funny/hilarious?
  • What is your favorite class? Why?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oops :teehee
uh making a ranking for characters is something I find really really hard :XD On the top of my head I would say my favourite three Servants are HSE, Ko-Gil and Saber Alter. Broskander (Alexander) too... then there are other cool Servants too, so it's a bit hard to decide :arf Maybe I could make a better list if I think about it for a while, gimme until the weekend xD

I don't like Taiga much. She can be funny at times, but in general I find her pretty boring. Not a bad character, but not particularly likeable either.

Favourite class... A bit hard to decide. If I had to name one, then Saber or Archer I think, simply because I prefer mad sword or shooting skills above magic or stealth or pure madness/raw power. It really depends on the actual Servant though, there are cool ones among all classes.

Well ahmad, niisama is the Fate Overlord.
You bet I am :kappa
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
someone who can't see the joy and beauty of snow? You cretin!

Not sure if you're hinting at me here? :kappa

Not sure if waifu material, but fun to hang out with for sure XD

You bet I am :kappa
I really don't. Where is it? You need to wear way too much clothes, it is fucking cold, it gets everywhere.

Kinda hard for me to picture you as one of those idol fans with a glow stick who almost orgasm just by shaking that hand of hers... So no. Not really. :XD

Well she is a really cute girl with a sad past who can be very loving. Pretty sure she would be a really good wife. More fun to be with than the usual Nagisa-like moeblob.

We all know you are. Geez. :kappa
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail

Found this on my tumblr dashboard. Published yesterday. Will you buy it? :D
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I really don't. Where is it? You need to wear way too much clothes, it is fucking cold, it gets everywhere.

Kinda hard for me to picture you as one of those idol fans with a glow stick who almost orgasm just by shaking that hand of hers... So no. Not really. :XD

Well she is a really cute girl with a sad past who can be very loving. Pretty sure she would be a really good wife. More fun to be with than the usual Nagisa-like moeblob.

We all know you are. Geez. :kappa
Well it's cold anyway, and I prefer cold weater with snow. Just like a warm day without any sun is weird too :D Snow is beautiful and you can do lots of cool stuff with it, and it simply creates a nice atmosphere instead of just a bleak winter day.

Thank god :XD

Can't deny that, but she's too childlike for my liking :p

Teehee :kappa


Found this on my tumblr dashboard. Published yesterday. Will you buy it? :D
I don't own any VR devices, nor do I plan to in the near future xD Looks like something for pure fanservice anyway, so for now I'm not really interested anyway.
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Saw this before? :?bunny


  • Which route do you like? Fate, UBW, or HF?
  • Which pairing do you like? Shirou x Saber, x Rin, or x Sakura?
  • Which one do you like? Saber, Rin, or Sakura?
  • What do you think about Luvia?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Well it's cold anyway, and I prefer cold weater with snow. Just like a warm day without any sun is weird too :D Snow is beautiful and you can do lots of cool stuff with it, and it simply creates a nice atmosphere instead of just a bleak winter day.

Thank god :XD

Can't deny that, but she's too childlike for my liking :p

Teehee :kappa
Well with a blue sky it looks better, sure. But I still fail to see any advantages. :XD

Why would you even think that would refer to you... :XD

Well that is more in my strikezone anyway. :3
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Saw this before? :?bunny


  • Which route do you like? Fate, UBW, or HF?
  • Which pairing do you like? Shirou x Saber, x Rin, or x Sakura?
  • Which one do you like? Saber, Rin, or Sakura?
  • What do you think about Luvia?
Yes, not bad though. Also sorry for my relatively short answer to your first wave of questions, there's a lot I'm thinking about atm.

Anyway...

1. I like all routes. Fate obviously is the weakest, as it's main purpose is to introduce the whole setting, masters and Servants. The story is good, but nothing to write home about. UBW was really great for the most part, sadly the most crucial and awesome aspect was kind of fucked up by ufotable. For once the big reveal in UBW comes as a genuine surprise, in the anime it's way more predictable. Granted it's easier to camouflage in a Visual Novel, as one sentence or so is way easier overlooked or doesn't get much attention, compared to one specific scene (like the whole crystal thing, I'm sure you know what I mean ;) ). The bigger problem was how they did a pretty bad job with the whole Shirou vs Archer battle. It's just way way better in the VN, they changed the whole thing drastically (for example Archer never uses UBW in their fight, and it's an actual fight and more than just bitching at each other. I mean it was an interesting alternative, but definitely less awesome and satisfying. Nasu came up with it though, so I guess he's to blame too. The whole thing was hard to adapt to anime, hence why they went for something entirely different I guess.
But back to the point xD I had a lot of fun with UBW, but HF is definitely the strongest route. The whole concept gets shaken to the core, it's way more gritty and dark/cruel, Shirou becomes an entirely different character in a way, there are massive reveals... so yeah, there's nothing but HF I could choose if you ask me about my favourite. Hopefully the movies will do it justice.

2. I actually think Shirou works rather well together with all of them. Rin is the clear fan-favourite among the western people who've not read the Visual Novel, but personally I find her the weakest heroine, though probably the most fitting choice for Shirou and the one who will grant him the easiest way of life. Saber and Sakura are a much more troublesome choice for him, but I can't really talk about that with people who've not read the VN. Anyway, I actually like all three pairings for different reasons, so I can appreciate fanarts and such no matter what the artist prefers :D My slight bias would probably pick Shirou x Sakura in the end though.

3. All three again, but my personal favourite is Sakura. Not many western fans of her, if simply because she obviously had the least attention in the anime so far. Though there are a good bunch of VN readers who either don't really care about or loathe her for various reasons. There's always the running gag that the Sakura fans are scarce and it's a miracle finding one, but I already saw quite a lot tbh (but still the least beloved heroine of the main three I think, she's controversial). There exists a good fanbase though, thankfully, and many people who create great fanart : D We can talk about her after the movies I guess :XD While Rin is the favourite among the casual western fans though, Saber is actually blowing both Rin and Sakura away in terms of popularity, both here and especially in Japan. There's a reason why people call her TYPE-MOON's cashcow :lmao

4. I actually found her somewhat annoying at first, but she's actually quite the funny and entertaining character. Not exactly amazing (she does lack the importance for that anyway), and I'm not a big fan of the ojousama type in general, but I like her :nod

I think that makes up for the relatively short answer for wave 1 :D
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Such insights :wtf you are always good to talk about Fate with, nii :blush

Kore wa douda? :?bunny
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Oh so you liked that piece of OST?
As mediocre as that game may be, the OST is a fucking masterpiece.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Great stuff indeed, here's my fav OP of the season so far:


:arf
Any other favorites? :blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Sounds very FF-like indeed. Not like I will pick up any of the new FF games anytime soon though, I'm mostly done with that series.

Favourites as in the OPs from this season or what? I think I've shown you most of what I like already, so how about this?



The new OST for Haikyuu is strong in general, you might want to check it out.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
FF-like? It actually sounds KH like. :kappa

Most is not all. :kappa

Damn it is nice even without the crows fighting for their life. :D
 

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Kore wa dou?

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Seen this before?




--- Double Post Merged, ---
Is this official?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Saber and Shiro should be in reversed outfits.

Lancer being Quicksilver is mean in more ways than one. :XD

Rin being Stark is funny because she is actually poor. :XD
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
@DiMaria Yesta Thanks a lot, they're all cool pics (though I know all but the first one) : D

FF-like? It actually sounds KH like. :kappa

Most is not all. :kappa

Damn it is nice even without the crows fighting for their life. :D
Dunno that much about KH, only played the first one ; P

Well I think my other favourite OPs are from Ao no Exorcist (you know that one), Gintama (you know that one), Chaos:Child (you know that one), Youjo Senki (you know that one) and ACCA. I think I did show you that one too, but not sure if you actually listened to it.

Yeah, I especially like the two I mentioned :nod

Another one of my favourites atm:


:zomg Quite a few great Megalovania covers out there.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sky

Kiki

S-kyuu Madoushi
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,963
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
Another function of HSE's outift haha


Kore wa dou?


 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top