Game - New Prince of Tennis Fan League II Season 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Game New Prince of Tennis Fan League II Season 4

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Welcome to New Prince of Tennis Fan League II Season 4. In this game, players draft characters and form teams. They compete against all other players in matches and try to advance to the finals. This is a game for up to 9 players.

To view information on the procedures and characters, please click on the images below to proceed to the respective section.

Last edited:

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Schedule

Trading Period (March 16 - March 20)

LetalHawk vs Philia 0-3 (Forfeit)
Hardy vs Anera 3-2
The Thinker vs Friss 3-2
Seakay vs Kaoz 3-2

Semifinals
Kaoz vs Hardy 0-3
LetalHawk vs Seakay 1-3

Championship Match
Hardy vs Seakay 3-0

Group League

#​
Player​
Games​
Wins​
Draws​
Losses​
Points​
Set Count​
1​
Kaoz​
7​
6​
0​
1​
12​
7​
2​
Hardy​
7​
5​
0​
2​
10​
7​
3​
Seakay​
7​
5​
0​
2​
10​
0​
4​
The Thinker​
7​
4​
0​
3​
8​
3​
5​
Philia​
7​
3​
0​
4​
6​
-1​
6​
LetalHawk​
7​
2​
0​
5​
4​
-4​
7​
Anera​
7​
2​
0​
5​
4​
-5​
8​
Friss​
7​
1​
0​
6​
2​
-7​

Last edited:

Anera

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'm in of course :smile-big

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
WHY AM I NOT IN THE LIST ALREADY, THIS IS MADNESS!

In I guess btw.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh man that's the sexiest intro post ever for the fan league lol, props to the artists too.

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
I'm in as well

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I'm in folks, it's been a while since the last tournament!

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Coach hawk :hi5

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
@Kaoz It looks awesome:zomg
But you should have told me to make bigger titles, I thought you would add something:p
I could have just updated them:hee

Seakay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll join too.

bythepowerofgreyskull

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Questions:
Will these fan leagues always only consist of canonical characters?

If so, what about the girls? I know there aren't many who actually play canonically, but they are still there.

Either way I'll be watching intently, this is all brilliant, just wondering about the possibility of participating myself.

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Questions:

If so, what about the girls? I know there aren't many who actually play canonically, but they are still there.

Either way I'll be watching intently, this is all brilliant, just wondering about the possibility of participating myself.
Almost all the characters in the game -if not all of them- actually exist in the manga, we don't have a lot of information of some of them though so Kaoz takes some liberties and makes some interesting sets of skills for them.

The girls used to be part of the fan league actually, in the first versions, it's just that ¨troll¨ comedy characters that were generally bad and very situational got scrapped.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yes, the character must have appeared in the manga or extra material in some form. I am pretty lenient with that - e.g. Migihashi, while having an anime episode dedicated to him never made it into any of the manga chapters and was only briefly shown and mentioned on a color page and in one of the pair puris - but there needs to be something for me to base the movesets on.

I could take this to greater extremes than what's currently the case by including e.g. all the American reps we have names for so far, but I'm always under the impression that it's mostly me who gets enjoyment out of something like that, so I tend to try not to overdo it.

Like Hardy said, unfortunately none of them are really good enough to use. Like, the character with the lowest stats right now is Kadowaki at 10 total, but none of the girls would probably get a total of more than 3 or 4 points. If there were any girls on at least national level, I would add them, but Konomi doesn't focus on that side.

Might be a fun idea for a side league though. Have everyone come up with a few concepts and I could build characters out of those. Not sure if there's enough interest for that though.

You are welcome to join as long as there are still open spots (which there are right now). It's honestly not that complicated once you get the hang of it, you just need to be dedicated to it and not drop the ball halfway through the season.

bythepowerofgreyskull

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well we don't know a whole lot about Ann, for all we know she could be national level, but i don't think konomi cares enough to expand on that. I do think it's kindof super unfair how the girl situation is handled but oh well.

I'll just watch then. Thank you~

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Damn I'd love to participate but I haven't quite gotten up to date with NPoT yet. I might binge read the rest of it and participate anyway.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well we don't know a whole lot about Ann, for all we know she could be national level, but i don't think konomi cares enough to expand on that. I do think it's kindof super unfair how the girl situation is handled but oh well.
I guess it's possible, I remembered Momoshiro dominating her a bit more than he actually did. She'd still be the only potential candidate since Miyuki didn't really stand a chance against Daimaru, but I'll consider her for next time. That said, we probably don't need to talk about Sakuno in this context (although Konomi threw her a bone at one point).

Overall I think the girls' side is like a number of other things in the series - would be neat to have, but at the same time also go beyond what could reasonably be covered. Imagine if Sakuno got even half as much time as Ryoma in the original, we'd be at 60 volumes all of a sudden instead of 40. And if we had an U-17 camp for the girls as well, we'd probably still be before the G10 challenge here. The best way to go about it might've been mixed teams, but I'm guessing that's not prevalent in Japan and Konomi might not have thought of it as a result. Maybe it's something he would do if he could start the series over since he had a mixed Headis team in his recent one-shot, but obviously that's not possible anymore.

Seakay

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
WithYouInSpirit said:
Damn I'd love to participate but I haven't quite gotten up to date with NPoT yet. I might binge read the rest of it and participate anyway.
You should totally join us. You could add another award to your collection if you win. :)

Kaoz said:
Might be a fun idea for a side league though. Have everyone come up with a few concepts and I could build characters out of those. Not sure if there's enough interest for that though.
If we're including characters in a later fan league that aren't strong enough to play matches, then I think the reasonable solution is to give them interesting Reserve abilities. Like, Sakuno could "cheer" Ryoma from the sidelines and help boost his stats. Maybe do something similar with the coaches but I'm not sure how much room there is to explore with here.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sign-ups will close on February 1st which is next Wednesday.

Sherlock Holmes

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Man I wish I had time for this! I'd be too unreliable for it though so I'm gonna have to pass on it.

Glad this is still going though! I'm gonna keep an eye on it and watch things as well as I can. This game was one of the most fun things I've ever played haha.

Still got memories of abusing loopholes for Niou's ability and stuff...nice memories. Can't believe that stuff was literally seven years ago haha.

Last edited:

Philia

Reaction score
Country
Joker
Man I wish I had time for this! I'd be too unreliable for it though so I'm gonna have to pass on it.

Glad this is still going though! I'm gonna keep an eye on it and watch things as well as I can. This game was one of the most fun things I've ever played haha.

Still got memories of abusing loopholes for Niou's ability and stuff...nice memories. Can't believe that stuff was literally seven years ago haha.
Plaaay.....
It doesn't really take that much time. Only during the drafting period. But even then you can speed it up by pming Kaoz.

I read the previous game threads, it would be fun to have you in the game..
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Still got memories of abusing loopholes for Niou's ability
I did this last game too :wtf

It still works.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You should totally join us. You could add another award to your collection if you win. :)

If we're including characters in a later fan league that aren't strong enough to play matches, then I think the reasonable solution is to give them interesting Reserve abilities. Like, Sakuno could "cheer" Ryoma from the sidelines and help boost his stats. Maybe do something similar with the coaches but I'm not sure how much room there is to explore with here.
I'm still trying to wrap my head around the concept :sweat