Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
If he is a machine like Mashima and Nakaba, it is possible.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We just can't compare Boichi art with Mashima and Nakaba... We just... Can't.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
It's not about the art, it's about their work ethic. Mashima is well-known for publishing double-triple chapters all at once on certain occasions. To this day, no other mangaka that I know of can actually come close to repeat Mashima's feats.
 

Silverblade

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2007
Messages
999
Reaction score
595
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Lithuania
*Tezuka Osamu kindly smiles on the scrubs from mangaka heaven*
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
We just can't compare Boichi art with Mashima and Nakaba... We just... Can't.
I was not talking about art, I was talking about physicality. XD
However, none of the them have bad art, far from it.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm convinced Mashima just isn't human at this point. Chapters every week, tons of color pages, double chapters all the time, and he somehow finished FF15 and Persona 5 within days while doing all that. P5 took me 106 hours, does he have assistants to help him play video games too when they're bored of drawing or something?
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I'm convinced Mashima just isn't human at this point. Chapters every week, tons of color pages, double chapters all the time, and he somehow finished FF15 and Persona 5 within days while doing all that. P5 took me 106 hours, does he have assistants to help him play video games too when they're bored of drawing or something?
You forgot his very active Twitter account where he posts colored drawings.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
You forgot his very active Twitter account where he posts colored drawings.
Didn't even know about that, now I'm even more convinced. The only authors I really follow on Twitter are Aka Akasaka for Kaguya info and Jun Ogino for... reasons.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I think he's just a really fast artist, there's a couple videos of him drawing at events and such and the speed he can draw a full character at is crazy.
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's not about the art, it's about their work ethic. Mashima is well-known for publishing double-triple chapters all at once on certain occasions. To this day, no other mangaka that I know of can actually come close to repeat Mashima's feats.
Yet it doesn't really matter when your story content is awful and there's nothing notable about your art at all and his feats are negated by the fact that he has six assistants. You can pretty much say that Mashima is the Taco Bell of mangaka, gives you fast on-time service but you'll feel sick and still hunger afterwards. Nakaba does all that without assistants and even while he was at the hospital he still had time to do side stories up until the manga's return to serialization without the expense of the art deteriorating or the quality of the writing dropping.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I'm convinced Mashima just isn't human at this point. Chapters every week, tons of color pages, double chapters all the time, and he somehow finished FF15 and Persona 5 within days while doing all that. P5 took me 106 hours, does he have assistants to help him play video games too when they're bored of drawing or something?
Miki Yoshikawa did touch upon this one her small oneshot about her time as an assistant for Mashima.
http://imgur. com/a/Clzow

remove the space in .com
----------------------------

Kubo has 9 assistants, yet his backgrounds are still white. I guess we just have to wait and see how Boichi take on 136 pages/month.
 
Last edited:

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Yet it doesn't really matter when your story content is awful and there's nothing notable about your art at all and his feats are negated by the fact that he has six assistants. You can pretty much say that Mashima is the Taco Bell of mangaka, gives you fast on-time service but you'll feel sick and still hunger afterwards. Nakaba does all that without assistants and even while he was at the hospital he still had time to do side stories up until the manga's return to serialization without the expense of the art deteriorating or the quality of the writing dropping.
Hey, I'm not saying it's good either, what with the mary-suing of a certain character and all, but you have to give credit to his work ethic, though. I honestly can't think of a mangaka who can do what he can as far as drawing goes. About his assistants, from what I hear, his assistants don't really have to do much either, since he does most of everything.

Also, overall I won't say the manga is terrible. I'd still take it over Naruto's ending any day. Given the Sasuke and Uchiha-wanking that Kishimoto does that eventually derailed the entire story, I think FT is better, if only two steps above it. As long FT's resident Mary Sue don't derail the story for it to be all about her in the end, like the Uchihas did, I'll give it a pass.
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Wouldn't Aomine be Jordan? I'd also pick Kise as Green, given he's the literal swiss army knife for the GOM.

If Fujimaki gets commisioned to do a crossover manga for the Olympic specials, I think Midorima might get nerfed since it's been stated the farther he takes his shots, the more of a toll it takes on his body. And since databooks state he wants to be a doctor, I expect him to be out of practice that Kagetora would limit him to half-court shots like Steph does.

Just asking to anybody who's interested, who do you guys think Steph can pull off Midorima-Akashi/Takao's Direct Sky 3-point shot with? Assuming Kuroko-verse!Steph actually can, that is....
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Miki Yoshikawa did touch upon this one her small oneshot about her time as an assistant for Mashima.
http://imgur. com/a/Clzow

remove the space in .com
----------------------------

Kubo has 9 assistants, yet his backgrounds are still white. I guess we just have to wait and see how Boichi take on 136 pages/month.
That was funny and now I ship both. :derp
Well, there are companies who has this relaxed philosophy, but are very productive, so it is possible.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
That was funny and now I ship both. :derp
Well, there are companies who has this relaxed philosophy, but are very productive, so it is possible.
That's what I was thinking too when I first saw this one-shot back then :D .
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Wouldn't Aomine be Jordan?

If Fujimaki gets commisioned to do a crossover manga for the Olympic specials, I think Midorima might get nerfed since it's been stated the farther he takes his shots, the more of a toll it takes on his body. And since databooks state he wants to be a doctor, I expect him to be out of practice that Kagetora would limit him to half-court shots like Steph does.

Just asking to anybody who's interested, who do you guys think Steph can pull off Midorima-Akashi/Takao's Direct Sky 3-point shot with? Assuming Kuroko-verse!Steph actually can, that is....
Aomine will be Aomine :derp. "The only one who can beat me, is me."
 

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
4,312
Reaction score
3,702
Age
35
Gender
Female
Country
United Nations
Wouldn't Aomine be Jordan? I'd also pick Kise as Green, given he's the literal swiss army knife for the GOM.

If Fujimaki gets commisioned to do a crossover manga for the Olympic specials, I think Midorima might get nerfed since it's been stated the farther he takes his shots, the more of a toll it takes on his body. And since databooks state he wants to be a doctor, I expect him to be out of practice that Kagetora would limit him to half-court shots like Steph does.

Just asking to anybody who's interested, who do you guys think Steph can pull off Midorima-Akashi/Takao's Direct Sky 3-point shot with? Assuming Kuroko-verse!Steph actually can, that is....
Aomine is a power forward, like Green and Love. Larry Bird was a SF like Kise and the swiss army knife for the Celtics. They're both blonde too
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,561
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Aomine is a power forward, like Green and Love. Larry Bird was a SF like Kise and the swiss army knife for the Celtics. They're both blonde too
My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I always thought his main specialty is his shooting, not a jack-of-all trades like Green.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why are you guys talking about basketball again?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top