With Dr. Stone, you’re starting a second weekly manga only half a year after Origin’s start. How is that even possible?!
I… I still don’t know, I can’t say if it’s possible to keep going or not… Impossible to know yet.
I haven’t started Dr. Stone yet so we will see if I can do both or not. For now, I have two deadlines: Young magazine and Shonen Jump.
Some editors say this is a whole new thing that has never done before. Some say, it’s impossible for a man to do so much work. And some others say weekly will be very difficult with my drawing style.
Well, I do feel that it’s a nearly impossible plan, but I will try anyways. If it’s a success, it will be a very meaningful thing.
Even if it fails, it will stay a worthy challenge for me and I would have the chance to learn many things from this opportunity. I believe that the way to success for this mission is to try hard everyday.
What I’ve learned from the great editors and mangakas from Japanese manga circles is that the most important thing for a mangaka is the effort produced!! I would say this is the artisan spirit.
So I will keep trying harder everyday, and success or not, I accept this challenge.
In fact, I now need to draw 136 pages a month. It will ask of me to draw 6 pages a day but it’s not an impossible thing. I have good assistants to help me.
For me, planning to prepare for the series is much harder than being serialized in a magazine.
Preparing and publishing Terra Formars Asimov for 7 months, then serializing Origin, and now getting ready for Dr. Stone only half a year later. It’s a lot of hard work that also requires lots of time and money.
Origin is still a new title in Young Magazine and I’ve yet to get used to it. There are still many preparations left to take care of.
We don’t know much about Dr.Stone yet aside that it’s an Adventure/Action/SF manga with a story by Riichiro Inagaki. Would you like to add anything for your fans?
I’m sorry, but as Dr.Stone is not solely my own work, I can’t tell you much by myself.
Plus, the main creator of this work is not me, but Riichiro Inagaki-sensei. He sent me a very detailed and amazing nemu (thumbnails) for Dr.Stone.
Riichiro Inagaki sensei is the creator of Dr.Stone’s universe. I’m trying to draw his amazing creative world in a manga as best as I can.
I had a lot of fun when reading his nemu, it’s very cool! I’m learning a lot from him.
The main characters of this story are two boys. One is very strong, and the other is very smart. The strong boy has a strong and good heart while the smart boy has a vision and a mission.
In some ways, it’s a similar relationship to the one between Ken and Tea-Soo in Sun-ken Rock. They will have an amazing adventure.
It’s so much fun to draw this because both the story and genre of Dr.Stone are SciFi and Post Apocalyptic which I especially love to watch and read.
I am thoroughly enjoying myself while preparing for it.
Finally, Dr. Stone will be published in Weekly Shonen Jump. As the name implies, this magazine is aimed at a younger audience. Will this change anything in how you draw girl’s butts?
On this issue I want to voice a complaint to my editor and Inagaki-sensei!!! They really have no interest in Bishojo (Pretty girls) at all.
I’ve drawn and designed two boys and one girl character. I was very dutiful when drawing the girl character, but for the boys’ design… nope. I drew them with my feet.
I sent them all together but they didn’t even mention a single word about the girl. They focused on the boys and never talked about the girl!!! My god…
Does anyone want to read a manga featuring smelly guys? Do you read Sun-Ken Rock to see sweaty and stinky male characters, huh? Do you read Origin, to see what Origin says and does? I don’t!!!
When inking the male characters’, I’ll mix my booger in the ink…
I WANT TO MAKE A STRONG CLAIM TO MY EDITOR AND INAGAKI-SENSEI!!
FORGET ABOUT MALE CHARACTERS!! LET ME DRAW MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS!!!
IF YOU DO NOT, I WILL USE INK WITH MY BOOGERS MIXED IN IT!!!