- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
They really need to add Kimetsu No Yaiba and Haikyuu. Haikyuu is probably too far gone for them now though
I think they will add haikyuu, they are putting out 1 volume per month for a reason, they're trying to catch upThey really need to add Kimetsu No Yaiba and Haikyuu. Haikyuu is probably too far gone for them now though
They're still a bit slow though. At the rate they're going, it will end up taking them like 2.5 years before they can add it to the lineup. They seem to be focusing more on Kuroko than Haikyuu as well for some reason. They should have just gone all out in an attempt to catch up asap, although I understand the processes they have to go through probably don't allow that kind of speed.I think they will add haikyuu, they are putting out 1 volume per month for a reason, they're trying to catch up
they already put out 8 volumes and have every volume until 15 (coming in September) for preorder on amazon
they can talk about why chain restaurants are failing in San Fransisco and Korean dramas and the reboot for Jughead Jones comicbooks but not Hinomaru Zumou?
they should really change the podcast name to "viz's employees talking about random shit and some times manga"
Exactly my point. They simply won't comment on something that the readers can ask about it since they probably have no plans to serialize it.The problem with mentioning specific Jump series is that people will think they're hinting that the series will be picked up, either for the main magazine or for volume releases. There's not exactly much chance of them picking up a failing restaurant or a K-drama to run in WSJ.
They've definitely got some kind of no criticism thing in there though, you can tell nobody there likes RWBY any time it comes up but the most they'll say is that they think this other person is a fan and will avoid giving comments on it themselves.
The "tsun" (ツン) is clearly a pun based on "shin" (シン) godzilla as a reference to the last movie. I liked that as well.Now that we are halfway in with the new releases, I finally bothered to read them all.
U19 I liked best. It suffered from too much exposition, but the worldbuilding and characters felt really well done, and the character design, especially adult characters, stands out in a good way.
We Never Learn is just there. It is kind of hard to define, neither too good nor too bad. It got me to chuckle a couple of times, so if it manages to not turn out as frustrating as Nisekoi, maybe there will be some worth in it.
Poro's Diaries was the least interesting one. Poro and his firend are cute, but there were barely any decent jokes. The best thing about it was the Tsun Godzilla poster. Now that would be a romance series worth reading.
Don't get me wrong. I don't think anything in the chapter was gut busting, Laugh out loud hilarious. Just didn't think it needed to be that. Most were just subtle, moderate laughs which I think is fine for a comedy to doYes, but not laugh-out-loud funny.
It´s obvious there are some of them who have the mangas they don´t like, but it´s more like they try to maintain an air of positivism, and commenting what did they like of a chapter of manga. Or does that still make you think they´re incompetent?Viz's Jump Podcasts are pretty milquetoast but I also have the suspicion that the people working there are pretty much under contract to keep criticism to a minimum.
In Regina George's wise words: Stop making it happen, it´s not gonna happenThey really need to add Kimetsu No Yaiba and Haikyuu. Haikyuu is probably too far gone for them now though
That's why I'm taking my time to read through Beelzebub. I save it for rainy days.On top of my head Dr Slump, Sket Dance and Beelzebub managed to do that for me.
Blaxk CloverYes yes... Since it seems that we agree that Spring Weapon won't die now, and Bamba the man dies this week... WHAT WILL DIE NEXT?!
Stop trying to avoid it. You know it's coming :/

With the advent of Asta's new "form" and the whole Forest Queen controlling Aster and the likely-hood of new character development for other characters in the story I don't see it going anywhere any time soon.Blaxk Clover![]()
I think if even 2 of these new manga is successful than Spring Weapon is dying. Especially is Poro manages to survive, as their plots are two similar for both to stayEven if SW1 manage to dodge the axe this round how long it can do that? without its cushions and with really shitty sales nothing is waiting for it but death
and speaking of the axe
Ole Golazo's story is done, the manga now is doing an epilogue
I think Banba signing for Real Madrid is a reference to the other WSJ's football manga Captain Tsubasa
Tsubasa signed for Barcelona (FC Catalunya), Barcelona and Madrid are rivals