Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm happy that Yuragi is back up in the top 5. Glad that both it and Kimetsu are doing well. They're both great series.
 

Kave

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
218
Reaction score
341
Country
Thailand
183253 2229722 One Piece 84
*54169 *389256 Heroaca 12
*13687 2662975 One Piece 83

Hm Neverland didn't make it
 

DyanSon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2017
Messages
367
Reaction score
134
Age
29
Country
Philippines
183253 2229722 One Piece 84
*54169 *389256 Heroaca 12
*13687 2662975 One Piece 83

Hm Neverland didn't make it
Wow 3rd week of MHA is strong volume 11 3rd week made only at least 44k.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I read Poro last night and I liked more than I thought I would, the art was better than I though and the story was well structure and paced, Poro is an interesting character, with his intention of changing the hell world, even when he is the strongest there. In the beginning I thought he was the typical bullied guy, but he was instead the best there. It was an interesting change. hahaha It was a good chapter, looking forward to next week's chapter.
It has been very interesting how some mangas are doing the opposite of "human going to another world", making "monster comes to human world". They are always fan of Japanese cutlure. I think it is interesting for foreign readers like us, we can relate? hahahah

Anyway, this batch has been very good and promising so far, "We never learn" is the weakest so far and it is not even all bad. Surprising since I blindly like every romance series, right? XD
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
You know they will xD
One Is from Bones and the other from Pierrot!

Haikyuu!! and Kuroko no Basket were both from Production I.G.
and they weren't even airing in the same timeslot.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
So MHA's volume sold more than the last 2 volumes in the 3rd week. Seems fine.

Volume 10(3 Weeks)- 52,446(422,470)
Volume 11(3 Weeks)- 47,915(408,335)
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Hmm, goodbye Spring Weapon I guess. Jump been throwing us curveballs. Samon and Isobe are safe.


Great list. I'd add these two from Shounen Mag too
Ace of Diamond and Baby Steps.
Also been meaning to watch Prince of Tennis for the insanity.
Totally missed the best sport manga in Shounan Mag, Ahiru no Sora!
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
seriously guys? you gonna mention every wsm sport manga but THE sport manga?

I get up again...
With my wounded body.
Tomorrow is the only way to go.
"Palms are for loving"
That's what I was told
I squeezed and hid my fists for love to live. (for love to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive)
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Toei could have made it into a smaller Toriko all Studio Clown can do is use it as filler for a few months till Twin Star Exorcists comes back.
Well, if you are one of those who think BC has amazing stories. It´s all wasted potential, maybe Pierrot has better stories than Yuki Tabata ever had. Or It could´ve gone REALLY WORSE. It could´ve been THE NEXT SAO. That´s a nightmare I don´t wanna see realized.

Also it has become a popular trend hating on Pierrot´s fillers when some of them are really good. I bet my ass that you won´t mention a good one because in your closed minds they are all bad. Am I right?
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,559
Reaction score
5,409
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Well, if you are one of those who think BC has amazing stories. It´s all wasted potential, maybe Pierrot has better stories than Yuki Tabata ever had. Or It could´ve gone REALLY WORSE. It could´ve been THE NEXT SAO. That´s a nightmare I don´t wanna see realized.

Also it has become a popular trend hating on Pierrot´s fillers when some of them are really good. I bet my ass that you won´t mention a good one because in your closed minds they are all bad. Am I right?
Pierrot does have some good fillers, but the occurrence of those happening are like winning a 500 million lottery.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Plot for Hungry Marie sounds weirder than I expected
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Well, if you are one of those who think BC has amazing stories. It´s all wasted potential, maybe Pierrot has better stories than Yuki Tabata ever had. Or It could´ve gone REALLY WORSE. It could´ve been THE NEXT SAO. That´s a nightmare I don´t wanna see realized.

Also it has become a popular trend hating on Pierrot´s fillers when some of them are really good. I bet my ass that you won´t mention a good one because in your closed minds they are all bad. Am I right?
Read my post again and try to figure out my complex and advanced usage of the word filler and please don't bet your ass on anything.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Also it has become a popular trend hating on Pierrot´s fillers when some of them are really good. I bet my ass that you won´t mention a good one because in your closed minds they are all bad. Am I right?
I don't really care for fillers, good or bad. I watch the anime adaption to see the manga in motion with voice acting, sfx's and music. I don't watch it to see what extra content the animation studio can try and add to the story... I understand not everyone who watches an anime adaption may have the same feelings as I do towards it, but don't expect everyone to care for them.
 

justsomeguy

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
14
Country
The Wall
I always get a warm and fuzzy feeling when Black Clover ranks higher than My Hero Academia. :)
It has happened like 15 times out of 54 issues they've ranked together, so I can kinda understand why is it.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
If the girl secret turn out to be that she's actually a boy I wouldn't be surprised at all

I'M A GENIUS

but seriously, my uncle is a retired furniture salesman, he leaked the plot to me
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So I guess in a way we kind of got a female battle mc in the magazine
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I don't really care for fillers, good or bad. I watch the anime adaption to see the manga in motion with voice acting, sfx's and music. I don't watch it to see what extra content the animation studio can try and add to the story... I understand not everyone who watches an anime adaption may have the same feelings as I do towards it, but don't expect everyone to care for them.
And that´s what I think is yet another failure in today´s anime landscape. Some potential good mangas that are crap receive the most faithful adaptation with good animation, music and anything, but in no way you see the directors improving on that source material to make it better. Look no further than light novel adaptations these days. The faithful adaptation not always is the best one. I think you are one of those people who believes that the best adaptation is the faithful one.

Which makes me think: If JoJo and HXH have faithful adaptations in anime form, then which is the purpose of reading its source material, especially when some adaptations are based on the whole story? For example, which value does have the Diamond is Unbreakable manga if the anime adapts everything faithfully? It doesn´t have any other value than being replace for ithe anime. Or you read the manga when you don´t want to see the animation and so on. The value of an adaptation should be the value that makes it stand on its own, not the value of being faihfully translated in another media. Take for example Scoot Pilgrim, the movie and the comic are both different, but the comic never loses its value for the loose but good adaptation on film. There are some shonen jump mangas that could benefit from this, and not from the JoJo treatment, sorry. I don´t devalue the faithful adaptations, but I value when you can make changes for the better rather than translating the source material to another media.
 

Mankichi Togawa

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 26, 2014
Messages
5,547
Reaction score
15,706
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
It seems that surprisingly, Weapon Nº1 is going to survive the axe. Still, we should wait 3 weeks for assure that.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top