Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
That said, I may as well say this: I have worked on various weekly series for over half a decade now (wow that makes me kind of depressed to type) and regardless of my personal opinion on any specific group's quality or lack thereof, I am aware of many behind-the-scenes things that go on to get stuff translated that most people are not. So trust me on this, wanting someone to steal a series from someone else is much, much more likely to piss everyone off than to do anything useful. People are going to try and get their releases out faster at the expense of quality, and if you're not going to put effort into something then there's really no reason to do it in the first place. I personally have had multiple series "stolen" from me and released faster than I could do them with garbage translations. One in particular just ended and had a particularly bad fuckup in the translation that now 99% of its readership thinks is completely accurate and has started coming up with disturbing (yet kind of hilarious) justifications to make it fit with what actually happened.
Also, wishing for early raw providers to get caught is just insanely hypocritical - you're literally hoping someone gets arrested (I have seen this happen to someone I know), and if you think scanning these magazines is a big enough crime to deserve jail, you should not be reading those scans. Plus it'd screw over anyone else getting scans from them, which might include something you actually like. (Again, this has happened to me, both as a reader and as someone actually using said scans to translate shit.)
It's funny you point this out fam, Yonkou for the last 2 months or so got a group of translators and scantalors to release FT chapters on Saturday. Stream releases them on Monday but for like the past 2 or 3 chapters I've noticed Mangastream has been literally using Yonk's raws for FT chapters and just resetting and typing in their own translations. I can tell cause the quality is more cruddy than Yonk's, which is probably from cleaning up the scans. I can't blame anyone from getting mad at people stealing raws or cracking down on other translation groups. The dude who translates MHA I respect how he wait for the official ViZ translation to come out before releasing his.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What? It was clear that Hilda liked Oga or at least cared about BOTH of them, the author "wasted" so many arcs on that so I don't know how you can deny it... like I said the whole issue with Aoi was handled well but how can you not see the blatant ship teasing with Hilda and Oga? Anyway I won't change my take because... how did you miss all those hints with Hilda (es. when he came to save her, those arcs with the "other Hilda" and many others)? But they never had a resolution and that's what made me angry.
Saving Hilda arc is the obligatory "let's rescue our nakama arc" that happens in every shonen, by this logic Luffy loves Robin and Naruto loves Sasuke

Memory Loss arc was always a joke

you didn't answer my question, would you consider a onesided love a romance?
 
Last edited:

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
Oga = Asexual
There is no romance
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
One side love is a romance

Girl A likes protagonist, protagonist likes girl B. They all too shy to confess. Or just the first part

Nisekoi, To love ru, yuragi, ane doki?, love rush

Most recent manga.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
you're talking about love triangles, and people having feelings but not confessing them

Loving Oga is like being in love with a carpet or a desk or a lamp
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Saving Hilda arc is the obligatory "let's rescue our nakama arc" that happens in every shonen, by this logic Luffy loves Robin and Naruto loves Sasuke

Memory Loss arc was always a joke

you didn't answer my question, would you consider a onesided love a romance?
I don't agree with your first two sentences but ok maybe Beelzebub didn't focus on romance but you can't say it didn't have it. So my answer is yes.
Edit: what giathuan2707 said.

you're talking about love triangles, and people having feelings but not confessing them

Loving Oga is like being in love with a carpet or a desk or a lamp
Oga is still a boy xD
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
you're talking about love triangles, and people having feelings but not confessing them

Loving Oga is like being in love with a carpet or a desk or a lamp
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Tamura had an interview and explicitly said to his fans Oga is asexual

he's incapable of having romantic affections towards anyone
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
Tamura had an interview and explicitly said to his fans Oga is asexual

he's incapable of having romantic affections towards anyone
Link? Why it wasn't stated in the manga?
Also uh I am not really in the position to talk so sorry if I offend someone but it isn't true that asexuals don't feel affection? Romance isn't always just a sexual thing. Asexuals aren't robots...
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
can't help to wonder when Gintama will end so it could have a "successor" as a comedy manga although Saiki quite fits the bill...besides the sales.
But, but... Samon-Kun
 

Xzone

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
888
Reaction score
698
Gender
Male
Country
Isle of Man
Kanzaki and Yuka was the only pair who I ship and care.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Link? Why it wasn't stated in the manga?
Also uh I am not really in the position to talk so sorry if I offend someone but it isn't true that asexuals don't feel affection? Romance isn't always just a sexual thing. Asexuals aren't robots...
I was quoting the author (if you can't read French google will give you an understandable translation)

Q: Si Oga devait sortir avec une fille, est ce que ce serait plutôt avec Hilda ou avec Aoi ?
A: Dans mon esprit, Oga reste un garçon de 11 ans d’âge mental et qu’il va rester à ce stade toute sa vie. Je n’imagine pas qu’il va un jour développer une relation amoureuse. Au bout du compte, il ne sortira avec personne.

http://www.unificationfrance.com/article33802.html?lang=fr
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
New Series Preview color

U19 (REALLY HOT)
Robot x Laserbeam (lose the megane would be perfect)
and the last one

look the hottest, though I dont understand why they are thrusting femchars into those two series.I didnt think U19 needed one.
 

justanotherone

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
315
Reaction score
101
Gender
Female
Country
Italy
I was quoting the author (if you can't read French google will give you an understandable translation)

Q: Si Oga devait sortir avec une fille, est ce que ce serait plutôt avec Hilda ou avec Aoi ?
A: Dans mon esprit, Oga reste un garçon de 11 ans d’âge mental et qu’il va rester à ce stade toute sa vie. Je n’imagine pas qu’il va un jour développer une relation amoureuse. Au bout du compte, il ne sortira avec personne.

http://www.unificationfrance.com/article33802.html?lang=fr
Ah so it's more his mental age than anything else... anyway thanks for the link!

Also bring on those female leads! The preview looks good, let's see if this new romance series will make it.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Am I the only one that thinks Tamura new work is a serialization of Tiger Dragon brothers oneshot?


If the girl secret turn out to be that she's actually a boy I wouldn't be surprised at all
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Am I the only one that thinks Tamura new work is a serialization of Tiger Dragon brothers oneshot?


If the girl secret turn out to be that she's actually a boy I wouldn't be surprised at all
Isn't it suppose to be a romance though?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top