Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Best moments:

Toriko's amazing ending (not the manga ending itself)
Bleach ending (now it's the ending itself)
BC anime announcement (DESPAIRING haters)

Worst moments

Irrelevant manga series getting anime when they should die a horrible death.
Boruto serialization and anime adaptation (just let this series die... stop ruining it)
Lol so you're gonna sit there and ignore the contradiction you just made
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
My question remains... Which contradiction??????

hahahahahaha

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Rankings don't last forever and 200k isn't impressive either. What does Academia have to do with Black Clover being irrelevant?
Well for One Piece for an instance, they do. All people here that likes bashing BC are MHA lovers... You just need to see their comments. Like yourself for an instance haha.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Speaking of BC, why aren't they announcing the VA cast or the release date yet?
Pierrot is probably still working on it, they seem to be taking their time with it if they are, or there waiting to announce it after the 100th chapter.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Speaking of BC, why aren't they announcing the VA cast or the release date yet?
They should soon since BC will have it's anniversary and 100º chapter. Despairing haters.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
AC ending would have been my worst moment of 2016, but I didn't start reading it until it was already over. I also agree with Mammo though, in that I probably would have had a bigger issue in how Kayano was handled otherwise.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I really liked AssClass, it wasn't my favorite manga or anything like that but I enjoyed it very much

however, the latest arc when Kayano get killed and Koro-sensei pick up her guts and shove them back inside her and she returned to life made me so angry I would have dropped it if it wasn't already ending



he's talking about you contradictions and flip flopping (which is nothing new to you)
you said you're happy to see the haters for the manga you like despair because it got an anime
then went on to despair about the manga you don't like getting an anime
No, I said an irrelevant manga. I never said I did not like it. Like Eldlive for instance =)

You assumed I was talking about other series, perhaps? :D

But I agree, Kayano part was shit.
 

Swavey

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
97
Reaction score
99
Country
The Wall
My question remains... Which contradiction??????

hahahahahaha

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


Well for One Piece for an instance, they do. All people here that likes bashing BC are MHA lovers... You just need to see their comments. Like yourself for an instance haha.
Wait so I am a Hori nut hugger because I think Black Clover isn't that successful? Is that how the world works now?
 

Kefka Palazzo

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2017
Messages
134
Reaction score
66
Age
31
Country
Brazil
All people here that likes bashing BC are MHA lovers
You're probably right. I'm a big fan of MHA since the beginning of the manga and I hate BC with all my guts, but even if BC surpasses MHA in sales, ToC or w/e, I won't be pissed off (and neither should you guys) since sales don't define quality and MHA selling lower won't make it be worst than BC.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
You're probably right. I'm a big fan of MHA since the beginning of the manga and I hate BC with all my guts, but even if BC surpasses MHA in sales, ToC or w/e, I won't be pissed off (and neither should you guys) since sales don't define quality and MHA selling lower won't make it be worst than BC.
That's pretty much that. Despite all evidence of the success of a series it's ok to like/hate it or not.

Again, I'm personally not a fan of BC. I just LOVE seeing people freaking their minds out when MHA loses to it on TOC or something.
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
Finally got to read Hungry Marie. I just love such kind of humor. Although I hope he brings more to this series and not just make another type of Beelzebub. I'd still enjoy it but I really want him to grow as well as a writer.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
All people here that likes bashing BC are MHA lovers.
Well, maybe it's because some people care about writing quality and others don't.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Well, maybe it's because some people care about writing quality and others don't.
That's highly subjective and opinion based... But it's ok I guess...
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,073
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hungry Marie is problematic and not what jump should have. HOpefully it gets cancelled so Poro and U19 can survive. What a disappointing and deceiving chapter 1 and plot. I miss my OgaFuri.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I mean, I would say that Black Clover is objectively poorly written. The LN characters' introduction alone is proof of that. You can enjoy a series without stellar writing, but I'm someone who appreciates character writing... that's why I like MHA much more.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Here you come with this excuse that writing quality is something subjective when it is not.
It's no excuse... It's just my opinion... If MHA have that much "writing quality" why it still is not the best high selling manga of JUMP? It's not even the 3rd...

So yeah... I remain with the "highly subjective".

To me it's just a bunch of dialogues pretending to have HXH depth and One Piece characterization.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,106
Reaction score
5,852
Age
33
Country
United States
It's no excuse... It's just my opinion... If MHA have that much "writing quality" why it still is not the best high selling manga of JUMP? It's not even the 3rd...

So yeah... I remain with the "highly subjective".

To me it's just a bunch of dialogues pretending to have HXH depth and One Piece characterization.
Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey sure sold a lot as well. Not seeing anyone call them literary masterpieces; absent of glaring flaws.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's no excuse... It's just my opinion... If MHA have that much "writing quality" why it still is not the best high selling manga of JUMP? It's not even the 3rd...

So yeah... I remain with the "highly subjective".

To me it's just a bunch of dialogues pretending to have HXH depth and One Piece characterization.
Sales are not based on quality only, the magazine and publisher also has a big part in this. Shonen Jump mangas sells more than any other series from other magazines because it is Jump. One Piece wouldn't sell the same if it was, say, in Sunday. There are a lot of instances of mangas with good writing quality, but that doesn't sell that much because they are in an obscure magazine. Bad mangas selling well because they are in a major magazines also happens a lot.

And I wonder about your ranking sales... My Hero Academia is just below One Piece and Haikyuu? Both of them deserves that, they have writing quality as much as My Hero Academia!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top