Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 253 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The only thing I wanted from My Hero Academia I'm getting recently: seeing Midoriya being slapped in the face for his incompetence. XD

Besides that #BringBackToga is the current campaign. :D

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The only thing I wanted from My Hero Academia I'm getting recently: seeing Midoriya being slapped in the face for his incompetence. XD

Finally something we agreed on. But Midoriya is so incompetent that he's unable to get first position on most annoying MC of all manga. The currently king is Ippo.

I want cross yuri doujinshi of this girl and Emma. Give me. Now.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tsuna is still the most annoying, there is no way to take him out of his throne.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Tsuna is still the most annoying, there is no way to take him out of his throne.
Tsuna has bad ass gloves that he actually uses to beat his opponents... Nowadays Ippo is unable to do even that despite being a boxer champion.

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
A close second I would say has to be Kenichi

DyanSon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
hey since when KnY and HZ is in the shadow of MHA?

Swavey

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Finally something we agreed on. But Midoriya is so incompetent that he's unable to get first position on most annoying MC of all manga. The currently king is Ippo.

I want cross yuri doujinshi of this girl and Emma. Give me. Now.
Emma is 12

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A close second I would say has to be Kenichi
Can't be too. He ended with the girl. After 27 years Ippo is unable to even kiss a girl that actually likes him too. (I'm not kidding)

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Emma is 12
How old is the MHA girl? She looks likes a school girl (underaged) so it's "ok" I guess.

Here in Brazil we have 12 year old girls with 1 maybe 2 kids already.

Last edited:

Koi Kage

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't be too. He ended with the girl. After 27 years Ippo is unable to even kiss a girl that actually likes him too. (I'm not kidding)
How old is the MHA girl? She looks like a school girl (underaged) so it's "ok" I guess
I was speaking in terms of the annoying thing of resisting violence but yet partake in it none the less even though they know that if they don't fight bad things will happen.

I pretty sure Togas implied to be around 18/19 though I could be wrong.

G_I_A

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Hmm... I could not find her age anywhere.

raikou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
What's one thing about the shonen manga fandom that upsets you the most? Honestly it's the shipping wars for me. Can't stand em. The fact that people sent Kishimoto death threats over a fictional pairing is kinda sad to me. Also the "generic" criticism that people throw out when they wanna critic something
When the fandom hate the main character because he's boring/plain. I found many people mocking Deku/Osamu because they're not overpowered.

I'm disappointed that many recent anime/manga fans wants an overpowered MC like many LNs (Shiba Tatsuya) that never lost and doesn't like when the hero starts from the bottom.

Sir Isley

Reaction score
Country
United States

I just want development for anyone not Deku or scrubby Bakugou. I want the females to be relevant.

Last edited:

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
When the fandom hate the main character because he's boring/plain. I found many people mocking Deku/Osamu because they're not overpowered.

I'm disappointed that many recent anime/manga fans wants an overpowered MC like many LNs (Shiba Tatsuya) that never lost and doesn't like when the hero starts from the bottom.
I can't say for the others, but my problem with Deku is personality wise, not power wise. He is apathetic, lethargic most of the time and when he acts, he acts in the wrong way. He does annotations about everything just to throw them out of the window when he sees something that he thinks is unfair. A hero has to think calmly, even when witnessing the biggest of atrocities because he has to think ahead and save as many people as possible. The last chapters are a proof of it, he almost put the mission in risk because he can't keep cool.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the worst thing among battle shonen fandoms? In order most annoying to least: blind crack case shippers, blind fanboyism (it's fine to be one in truth but I think a true fan knows their favorite series strengths and flaws but still enjoys it for all it's surmised of), comparisons to justify why one is better or why this is what always happens. We're all mostly guilty of doing these before but when people are in way too deep with these, to the point they're just being unnecessary extra, it gives others a bad rap. Everyone knows how it goes: MC gets stronger as the story goes, first girl made contact is endgame, good guys win, bad guys lose. It's just on the author to finesse those troupes into his/her own story and adventure.

Also I like Ulquiorra's design, Tokoyami, Deidara, Zoro. Really like Hori's designs though, he can have same face structures with a couple but makes most unique with smaller detail features.

iceemperor

Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I can't say for the others, but my problem with Deku is personality wise, not power wise. He is apathetic, lethargic most of the time and when he acts, he acts in the wrong way. He does annotations about everything just to throw them out of the window when he sees something that he thinks is unfair. A hero has to think calmly, even when witnessing the biggest of atrocities because he has to think ahead and save as many people as possible. The last chapters are a proof of it, he almost put the mission in risk because he can't keep cool.
I think you have the words mixed up as its because he's the opposite of apathetic and lethargic that he wanted to save Eri. He couldn't leave a little girl with a terrified look on her face and covered in bandages crying "Don't go" that he almost put his and Mirio's life in danger. He's too empathetic and compassionate that it causes problems because his hero instinct kicks in and causes him to immediately act. This is completely the opposite to what you described him as. What you want is a Light type MC. Unfortunately, if Deku was like that, he would have not gotten OFA and we would not have the story in Jump. All Might chose him because he's the kind of guy that will jump in without thinking to save others even if its a suicide mission, similar to All Might himself. Its a very Shonen Jump like trait thats in plenty of MCs but its the reason why the story is what it is and has lasted this long. People on 2ch have also called arrogant and even uppity for these traits because he doesn't have power to back up his actions but building up the power is also a part of the series.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think you have the words mixed up as its because he's the opposite of apathetic and lethargic that he wanted to save Eri. He couldn't leave a little girl with a terrified look on her face and covered in bandages crying "Don't go" that he almost put his and Mirio's life in danger. He's too empathetic and compassionate that it causes problems because his hero instinct kicks in and causes him to immediately act. This is completely the opposite to what you described him as. What you want is a Light type MC. Unfortunately, if Deku was like that, he would have not gotten OFA and we would not have the story in Jump. All Might chose him because he's the kind of guy that will jump in without thinking to save others even if its a suicide mission, similar to All Might himself. Its a very Shonen Jump like trait thats in plenty of MCs but its the reason why the story is what it is and has lasted this long. People on 2ch have also called arrogant and even uppity for these traits because he doesn't have power to back up his actions but building up the power is also a part of the series.
We are seeing currently that All Might choice was not as correct as we thought before... There is no use to a hero that dies before saving anybody. In some chapters we will see that he will be able to save many more people than just a little girl, I'm sure about that.
He already broke his limbs many times because of his impulsiveness. We don't know about All Might youth days, so we cannot compare the two. No mission was a suicide mission for All Might in his prime days, he had the strength to back him up in his actions, Midoriya on the other hand will just die and take his comrades with him.

xAsum0x

Reaction score
Country
United States
We are seeing currently that All Might choice was not as correct as we thought before... There is no use to a hero that dies before saving anybody. In some chapters we will see that he will be able to save many more people than just a little girl, I'm sure about that.
He already broke his limbs many times because of his impulsiveness. We don't know about All Might youth days, so we cannot compare the two. No mission was a suicide mission for All Might in his prime days, he had the strength to back him up in his actions, Midoriya on the other hand will just die and take his comrades with him.
That was a issue of the past. He has now taken into account his inability to protect himself from self harm and created Shoot Style.

raikou

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I think that's where Deku's gonna develop. He starts by doing some reckless things, and now he develop the shoot style to not get hurt by OFA. And now he's got to learn to analyze the situations, and have more confidence in himself.

It's going to take a while for his personality to mature, but for now I enjoyed the ride.
I'm glad Heroaca isn't 99% fight all the time, but also balances the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.