Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
I enjoy BC the most when there are no fights, like the beach or dating chapters. The fights are boring, because Asta and the Black Bulls have the strongest powers. And now Vanessa has Fate Manipulation, which will make the fights even more boring.
Tabata should have made a harem romcom. He draws women in a better and sexier way than Yuuna's Miura.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I enjoy BC the most when there are no fights, like the beach or dating chapters. The fights are boring, because Asta and the Black Bulls have the strongest powers. And now Vanessa has Fate Manipulation, which will make the fights even more boring.
Tabata should have made a harem romcom. He draws women in a better and sexier way than Yuuna's Miura.
I don't believe you said such thing, there must be some mistake. :eek:
 

WesKR

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2013
Messages
168
Reaction score
105
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Agreed. The best shounen manga nowadays made by a woman is Magi/Sinbad.
I'm not so sure about that. I would argue that Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun and Shoukoku no Altair are better than those.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,076
Reaction score
6,934
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm not so sure about that. I would argue that Monthly Girl's Nozaki-kun and Shoukoku no Altair are better than those.
Thats not KHR/elDLIVE and Sekaiichi Hatsukoi.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I enjoy BC the most when there are no fights, like the beach or dating chapters. The fights are boring, because Asta and the Black Bulls have the strongest powers. And now Vanessa has Fate Manipulation, which will make the fights even more boring.
Tabata should have made a harem romcom. He draws women in a better and sexier way than Yuuna's Miura.
Yeah yeah you went too far...
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The only thing that's left is someone say that Isobe artist draws Erina better than Saeki Shun.
Then we will have to close the forum and explode the servers with a bomb.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
But... Tabata is pretty good at drawing female anatomy.
He'd probably do pretty well with an ecchi type romcom if he could draw more than 3 faces.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The first color page of Black Clover with a girl in a bikini was shocking to me, it was the weirdest color page I've ever seen in my life.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As I said before, they already announced the OP and ED they'll be using in April, so the announcement is probably just saying they're adapting the final arc or something.
I don't remember the tag word for word but it was something like "Rakuyou Arc that made Gintama move to a late night airing is approaching its ends, watch it until the end for a major announcement" or something like that

mal changed the episodes count from unknown to 12 too so it made me suspicious

Me, I ship couples if it's a clear lock on them, like Royai/EdWin from FMA. Crack shippers I don't mind, but if they start taking its eriously, it's when I stop aking them seriously.
I don't care about shippers too, I was just sharing my thoughts on what makes people ship

for the most part unless a fandom does something really stupid (a la Bleach fandom near its end) I don't care what they do
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
As someone who frequents tumblr, there was a disgusting amount of hate towards the ships when Bleach ended. I can't believe how serious people can be about it.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
People on tumblr were arranging petitions and stuff for naruto's ending to be changed purely because they wanted Naruto to end up with Sakura. Hardcore shippers are the craziest type of fans.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Do you guys believe Fairy Tail could have been a million per volume seller in japan(because it is worldwide) if it was in Jump?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Do you guys believe Fairy Tail could have been a million per volume seller in japan(because it is worldwide) if it was in Jump?
Don't think so. Had this discussion with a friend. FT's anime wouldn't have been as long if it was in Jump and we would've seen a drop in sales a lot sooner (& most likely rankings). I think it would've done worse prob and it wouldn't get a lot of magazine covers too. The competition is too much in Jump, not so much now but before yes.

I don't get why people in Japan still been purchasing the volumes even after all the horse shit writing.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Fairy Tail probably would've ended up as a pretty different series in WSJ, the magazines have a different style to them and the fans are into different things. It's hard to make any predictions either way (it goes the same for how big wsj series would've done in other magazine).
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Do you guys believe Fairy Tail could have been a million per volume seller in japan(because it is worldwide) if it was in Jump?
I honestly don't think it would've be that well received in jump given how many people complain about deus ex machina within the series already it probably be even worse if it was in Jump. Also, and this is just my opinion, it suffers from Bleach character syndrome where the author made it seem like every named character would be important and the vast majority mean absolutely nothing to the story.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
I think one of the reason people still buy Fairy Tail volumes, and long running series in general, is the completion aspect. Volumes are only a couple of bucks in Japan, around 300 yen if I'm not mistaken.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
That does make me curious about something though, you occasionally get a quickly cancelled series that people thought was decent but just not a particularly good fit for Jump.

I wonder if there's any wsj flops that could've been top series in Sunday, Magazine, Champion or whatever.
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
I don't get why people in Japan still been purchasing the volumes even after all the horse shit writing.
The manga's sales outside of Japan are way more impressive. I remember seeing it was at 35 million in print in Japan last year and then suddenly we got the worldwide numbers and it is now at 60 million. Crazy sales probably coming from Europe.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top