Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I loved the latest Dr. Stone chapter. Tsukasa's character design is really, really badass.

 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How many times have you ever seen a manga completing one year and doesn't get the cover?
Sure, Yuragi can be spicy to say the least, but like TLRD, it probably would behave yourself in the cover so why? XD
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The latest Black Clover chapter was a nice cute chapter. Chapters like these last few are hard to pull of for some mangaka but it seems like Tabata is one of the few who can make these in-between chapters nice.

Is it me or is Dr. Stone starting to dumb down it's dialogue this week? I'm actually having a hard time seeing Tsukasa as a possible future villain I'll admit he's probably going to leave Senkuu and Taiju with in the next 6/7 chapters but I don't really think he's going to be a villain I see him more of becoming a character like N from Pokemon Black & White (the game not the anime).

Wow ... MHA squandered the internal conflict that was set up for Deku to have this arc. Such a wasted way to give Deku some in my opinion much needed character development. Other then that it's good to see how some of the other internships are going.
 
Last edited:

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
Is it me or is Dr. Stone starting to dumb down it's dialogue this week? I'm actually having a hard time seeing Tsukasa as a possible future villain I'll admit he's probably going to leave Senkuu and Taiju with in the next 6/7 chapters but I don't really think he's going to be a villain I see him more of becoming a character like N from Pokemon Black & White (the game not the anime).
Really?
I actually enjoyed the dialogues this week. The line "This is so dumb, we would go straight to the stone age, if we werent already" made me laugh.
Though I need to add the other line of Senkuu "The only men praising other main direct to the face are either gay or lying" was extremely dumb & even a little bit insulting. I admit, I am not a man, but even I can tell this was bullshit.
And Tsukasa pretty much confirmed in this chapter being a villain in future. With his whole "only the young people in a wild, free world" he is pretty much an antagonist to Senkuu's plans to revive civilization & by killing that one guy, he'll probably won't be friends with Taiju either.
Dont say he's a villain now, but it's pretty clear that he'll be an obstacle for our two protagonist later on with his dream of the stone world.

About My Hero Academia-
I'm happy that Floating Frog.shippers(Ochako x Tsuyu) are rejoicing after this chapter. Not shipping this myself, prefer Momojirou.
But jokes about shipping aside, nice to see Ochako & Tsuyu in action for once.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
And Tsukasa pretty much confirmed in this chapter being a villain in future. With his whole "only the young people in a wild, free world" he is pretty much an antagonist to Senkuu's plans to revive civilization & by killing that one guy, he'll probably won't be friends with Taiju either. Dont say he's a villain now, but it's pretty clear that he'll be an obstacle for our two protagonist later on with his dream of the stone world.
While I agree that he shouldn't out-right reject reviving the adults because of what happened to him in the past, but I can see where he's coming from in response to how the adults will more then likely act after they've just been reawaken. I see Tsukasa in the morally grey area , he's neither right nor wrong, maybe that's why I can't see him being a villain an antagonist yes but not a villain.
 
Last edited:

iceemperor

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2014
Messages
1,735
Reaction score
2,734
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Heroaca series total: 10 Million



For comparison:

ワンピ 1〜11巻累計1700万部
ナルト 1〜13巻累計1200万部
BLEACH 1〜14巻累計1000万部
ハイキュー、ヒロアカ 1〜13巻累計1000万部
暗殺 1〜10巻累計1010万部
トリコ 1〜17巻累計1000万部
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I see Tsukasa in the morally grey area , he's neither right nor wrong, maybe that's why I can't see him being a villain an antagonist yes but not a villain.
I can live with that. I use villain & antagonist interchangeable anyway(I know the differences of course, I just do this, to cheat on my top-antagonists-lists.)
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
Don't you mean 720 episodes. Anyway I stopped watching Naruto Shippuden around the time when the Juubi appeared(finished the manga though). For me Naruto was my gateway anime and I would not have become an anime fan if it wasn't for this series. For that reason Naruto will always be a treasured series for me up there with Dragonball which I saw before I even knew what anime was.

I still remember when I was able to look forward to Naruto, Bleach and One Piece anime's and manga's. Then Bleach ruined that schedule in 2012 when its anime got cancelled and now both Bleach and Naruto anime/manga have finished. Just One Piece left going strong on both fronts.

For me my favourite era of Jump will always be the big three era where all three were popular. I binge watched Naruto, Bleach and One piece catching up with all three within a couple months. The funny thing about those three series is the fact that I have never been able to watch 20 episodes a day of any anime since I was doing it for those three to catch up back in the day. Good times indeed, Sayonara Naruto.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Same. I remember a couple of years ago when I caught up to the one piece anime in about 2 months during the summer watching at least 10 episodes a day and I would still watch about 12 anime a season. Now I get burned out watching 2 or 3 episodes of anime. Even now I'm only watching 2 anime this season.

It's different for manga though because I can sometimes read 50+ chapters of manga in a day like I did with world trigger about a week ago. It's strange because you would think that a medium as expressive as anime would make it more enjoyable, but maybe it's the expressiveness that burns me out faster than the laid back feel of reading manga.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Heroaca series total: 10 Million



For comparison:

ワンピ 1〜11巻累計1700万部
ナルト 1〜13巻累計1200万部
BLEACH 1〜14巻累計1000万部
ハイキュー、ヒロアカ 1〜13巻累計1000万部
暗殺 1〜10巻累計1010万部
トリコ 1〜17巻累計1000万部
What are all the series listed
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
What are all the series listed
One Piece
Naruto
BLEACH
Haikyuu, My Hero Academia
Assassination Classroom
Toriko

Can you understand the rest?
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Dragonball Evolution was supposed to do the samething and well it wasn't received that well by fans or people who didn't know about it.
Cause this film was just crap hahaha Everything about it is horrible, that was a low budget project, and that's not the case now.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
I'd rather have Gintama's end in animation instead of waiting forever to know how it ends. The same thing I thought about D-Gray Man. If it ended in animation instead of waiting forever for the manga ending, it would have been good. Doyou have any other manga that should have ended in animation instead of waiting forever for the manga's end?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
So hero academia have better sales than bleach and naruto. LOL. And people are saying the anime was a fail.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
So hero academia have better sales than bleach and naruto. LOL. And people are saying the anime was a fail.
I thought Naruto did way better though. I think it's been noted for awhile that MHA isn't far behind where Bleach was when it was there
 

Shinji Hirako

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
196
Age
30
Country
United Kingdom
So hero academia have better sales than bleach and naruto. LOL. And people are saying the anime was a fail.
Are we looking at different numbers because im pretty sure Naruto is 2 million ahead with the same amount of volumes. I really need to stop taking the bait but oh well.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
What was it about AssClass that made it a million per volume seller? I loved the manga but I can't seem to understand why it resonated so well with so many people. I'm pretty sure everyone including Matsui himself was caught by surprise with the overwhelming success of the series. Makes me wonder if he might be afraid of creating a new series because it would just be compared to AssClass.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So hero academia have better sales than bleach and naruto. LOL. And people are saying the anime was a fail.
Better sales at the time. Will never ever surpass both. And yeah anime flopped.
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I know we're more than likly getting the Stain arc on MHA 2 but why do all the trailers put the focus of the season on the sports festival?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top