Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Higuma no Te is getting serialized? Probably just a four chapter thing like last time but still, nice.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Am I the only one around here who enjoyed u19?
I didn't hate it. Still think it was better than anything that was serialised between Neverland and this round. Wouldn't say I enjoyed it though.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Apparently the MHA website has slots for 39 episodes (13 + 25 + recap/ova) meaning S2 will be 2 cour :).
 

Nemesis

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
1,706
Reaction score
1,826
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Wow, Neverland in first place, nice. It's good to see that WNL don't fell too much in the second chapter and is going to receive CP next week. U19 in other hand, it's probably dead.
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
Great ranking for TPN this week.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Apparently the MHA website has slots for 39 episodes (13 + 25 + recap/ova) meaning S2 will be 2 cour :).
What? AWESOME! it's finally confirmed.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Amazing tv rating for MHA. Next week episode should do 6% or even more.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I mean, saying it got good ratings isn't the same as me saying it's going to get the same ratings as OP or DBS. I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For comparison, S1 Ep1 got a 1.9, and I think I'm right in saying that the highest rating S1 ever got was a 3.2.
He talking of the Top 10, that is the ranking you provided.

A lot of series didn't aired that week it seems. Naruto only appears in the Top 10 when that happens. Normally the ranking is something like this:

1- Sazae-san
2- Doraemon
3- Shin-chan
4- Chibi Maruko-chan
5- Detective Conan
6- One Piece
7- Dragon Ball Super
8- Time Bokan
9- Pokemon
10- Precure

My Hero Academia substituted Time Bokan, and Time Bokan normally does around 4 to 3 ratings, mainly above 3.5. So My Hero Academia has to keep up those kinds of ratings to keep appearing in the Top 10
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I have a question which I never bother asking.

Lead Colour Page (CP) means that if you open the magazine it will be the first two pages, correct? And it's usually a double spread, correct?
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
I see no problem with MHA getting 6 or 7.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
I have a question which I never bother asking.

Lead Colour Page (CP) means that if you open the magazine it will be the first two pages, correct? And it's usually a double spread, correct?
Normally it's the first page of the chapter coloured followed by a colour spread (because there's only 1 page showing when you open the magazine) and a few pages of ads before the chapter. It's not always like that though. When OP gets one, you open the magazine to an ad, then the double spread and there's no third page.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
He talking of the Top 10, that is the ranking you provided.

A lot of series didn't aired that week it seems. Naruto only appears in the Top 10 when that happens. Normally the ranking is something like this:

1- Sazae-san
2- Doraemon
3- Shin-chan
4- Chibi Maruko-chan
5- Detective Conan
6- One Piece
7- Dragon Ball Super
8- Time Bokan
9- Pokemon
10- Precure

My Hero Academia substituted Time Bokan, and Time Bokan normally does around 4 to 3 ratings, mainly above 3.5. So My Hero Academia has to keep up those kinds of ratings to keep appearing in the Top 10
Oh, the fact that that was the top 10 flew right over my head. Apologies to GIA! I guess we'll see how it does once it actually gets into the new content.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
But can it do it every week.
Of course it can. It can do it very easy. This episode was just recap and made 3.2. The new episode will double this number.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
rip U19, not hating but it just fails to capture you the first chapter and the art sucks compared to the other 5 series. WNL didn't fall too bad and CP next week so good for it.

@Chain Sumeragi not surprised the finale didn't do well, it wasn't bad but for a final episode it was disappointing, not sure why they didn't even do an 1 hour special or something... or not let Iruka of all people take up most of the episode.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
rip U19, not hating but it just fails to capture you the first chapter and the art sucks compared to the other 5 series. WNL didn't fall too bad and CP next week so good for it.

@Chain Sumeragi not surprised the finale didn't do well, it wasn't bad but for a final episode it was disappointing, not sure why they didn't even do an 1 hour special or something... or not let Iruka of all people take up most of the episode.
In fact the last episode of Naruto did better than normal episodes of the series. For Naruto 3.2 is a great rating.
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,071
Reaction score
6,930
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Of course it can. It can do it very easy. This episode was just recap and made 3.2. The new episode will double this number.
Sometimes for shows ratings drop after the debut episode.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Why so pessimistic
Look at who you're talking to
I mean, saying it got good ratings isn't the same as me saying it's going to get the same ratings as OP or DBS. I'm not sure where you're getting that from.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

For comparison, S1 Ep1 got a 1.9, and I think I'm right in saying that the highest rating S1 ever got was a 3.2.
Just take a look to the ~10 year ratings. You'll see that One Piece, Precure (all it's iterations), Sazae-san and Chibi Makuro-chan are dominant on Japan tv ratings. Anything else just fluctuates. It does not matter if it's a highly overhyped series.

Not even Shingeki no Kyojin rated like them, why you think overhyped academia will do?

U19 near the bottom as expected
Not near, on bottom since Zumou death is imminent. I'm soooo glad.

It's the first week of ranking but U19 has it hard. I kinda want to see it succeed in the same way Medaka Box did just to see what interesting powers may have, but if it's cancelled, I won't miss it much.
Keep dreaming hahahaha.

CP must be good news for We Cant Study..


Zumou appears to be dying

I wonder if BLack Clover anime info will be in the next issue, I need it.
More or less. Spring Weapon received one a couple of weeks ago and will die anyway. I Hope We Can't Study die with less than 24 chapters.
Zumou death is imminent like I said above.

Yes, we should have more anime informaiton.

Am I the only one around here who enjoyed u19?
Yes. It's hideous.

Amazing tv rating for MHA. Next week episode should do 6% or even more.
I see no problem with MHA getting 6 or 7.
Come on people... Stop falling for this obvious baits...

Great position for Neverland, it totally deserves it. The other series are pretty much where they should be, except Haikyuu. This time it really fell.

Also, next week (apart from Black Clover and the new VETERANS serializations) EVERYTHING will be ranked. Will be nice to see how the highly ranked series really are against one another.

I hope MHA falls miserably.
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Just take a look to the ~10 year ratings. You'll see that One Piece, Precure (all it's iterations), Sazae-san and Chibi Makuro-chan are dominant on Japan tv ratings. Anything else just fluctuates. It does not matter if it's a highly overhyped series.

Not even Shingeki no Kyojin rated like them, why you think overhyped academia will do?
Uh, I don't?
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
You have a rather strange habit for making assumptions when it comes to MHA. Or at least about the people who are interested in its future.

It's fine if you don't like the series or just have strong opinions. Explain your position and have a civil discussion. That's what the forum is for after all.

But at least try to show you have some self awareness when you're trying to be provocative otherwise you kinda come across as a twat.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top