Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Probably I'll be hated here because of that, but... I dropped Harapeko no Marie and Dr.Stone. I tried to read, but I really couldn't like none of them.

The first chapter of Marie was funny and etc, but the next ones was just bad to me, I read it wanting the pages to end soon, and the same happened to Dr.Stone, but with this one I really couldn't like since the start.
 
Last edited:

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,319
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if Poro will be above Spring Weapon, the intro chapters are pretty much the same thing except better though on the other hand Spring Weapon has somehow managed to stick around for a bit so it's probably gathering a small fanbase by now.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
On the topic of Spring Weapon, Volume 2 comes out in a few days. Will be interesting to see if it's sales increased any. They weren't even 1/2 (or 1/3?) of HZ, Samon and Dance even on their first volumes and it sold considerbly worse than the cancel fodder. If they don't go up, it's probably beyond salvage regardless of it's rankings.
 

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 13, 2015
Messages
4,503
Reaction score
6,604
Country
Germany
Probably I'll be hated here because of that, but... I dropped Harapeko no Marie and Dr.Stone. I tried to read, but I can't really couldn't like none of them.

The first chapter of Marie was funny and etc, but the next ones was just bad to me, I read it wanting the pages to end soon, and the same happened to Dr.Stone, but with this one I really couldn't like since the start.
I think Marie is bad, too. The pacing is too slow, the same faces are annoying and there is no real goal. The story is just there without going anywhere.
Dr. Stone is ok, but the spoilers of the next chapter sound like something i won't enjoy.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,291
Reaction score
7,319
Age
33
Country
Scotland
What chapter is Spring Weapon up to now anyway? 25? It'll probably finish in the early 30s at the very earliest at the current rate which is pretty impressive for a series that took 8 weeks to get out of the bottom 5, a lot of series get cancelled before that point.
 

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I think Marie is bad, too. The pacing is too slow, the same faces are annoying and there is no real goal. The story is just there without going anywhere.
Dr. Stone is ok, but the spoilers of the next chapter sound like something i won't enjoy.
Marie's comedy just isn't my style, I couldn't laugh at any time while reading, and for a comedy series (ok, isn't just comedy as SW1, Isobe and Saiki, but it's a romantic battle comedy) that's the dead for me.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Probably I'll be hated here because of that, but... I dropped Harapeko no Marie and Dr.Stone. I tried to read, but I can't really couldn't like none of them.

The first chapter of Marie was funny and etc, but the next ones was just bad to me, I read it wanting the pages to end soon, and the same happened to Dr.Stone, but with this one I really couldn't like since the start.
I'm not dropping Marie but I did put it on hold, if it survive the axe I will give it another try

Galaxy Gangs
[triggered]
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's happening this year and you can't stop it
 

Kadir0

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2016
Messages
909
Reaction score
1,475
Country
The Wall
We have already reached April and still no news about Black Clover anime. Is there any chance it will get delayed to the next year?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I hope Takamasa Moue gets demoted to Saikyuu Jump or V jump

I think Galaxy Gangs is just as bad as Kirihoushi and Metallica Metalluca

he should get punished for it like those 2 mangakas that did those trash
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I hope Takamasa Moue gets demoted to Saikyuu Jump or V jump

I think Galaxy Gangs is just as bad as Kirihoushi and Metallica Metalluca

he should get punished for it like those 2 mangakas that did those trash
Hush sweet summer child, once the mangaka decides to realize his potential Jump will find its next flagship battle shonen. Glory be to God.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So, no one here? Yet you constantly say negative things about the manga. I've never seen anyone say that it's going to be "the next One Piece", you're just being delusional. It's getting to the point where Sharkbait's posts are easier to take seriously than yours.
Be my guest.

Probably I'll be hated here because of that, but... I dropped Harapeko no Marie and Dr.Stone. I tried to read, but I can't really couldn't like none of them.

The first chapter of Marie was funny and etc, but the next ones was just bad to me, I read it wanting the pages to end soon, and the same happened to Dr.Stone, but with this one I really couldn't like since the start.
You won't be hated because of that. Only if you say something similar to MHA.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Is that not the case with every anime ever? Besides, this season wont go past ch 70-80, leaving 60 chapters + 25 during its airing. Give it a 6 month break, announce S3, air 6 months later and youve got over 120 chapters to work with. Only a 1 yr break which is pretty short for most cour based series (if they decide to go for a S3). Dont think they will be struggling with content for quite a while...

Poro will be middle-low i reckon. Biggest disappointment of the 6. Its comedy isnt impactful, and its concept is already stale.

That feeling when a cover of Yuuna is wasted on Hibari :(
It's definetly not since the majority receives 1 cour animations, not 2. "Won't go past" Really? Based on what are you telling that? We're not even sure if will be 1 cour, 2 cour or more... If that's what you're hoping for, ok but...

Why make a 2 season cour and then only 1 cour season (assuming what you said will happen) with a non finished arc?
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Hush sweet summer child, once the mangaka decides to realize his potential Jump will find its next flagship battle shonen. Glory be to God.
he can realize his full potential away from WSJ too

the guy that did Metallica Metalluca did Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter in Saikyu which is popular

and the guy that did Kirihoushi is currently doing Souten no Soura which is also popular
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
he can realize his full potential away from WSJ too

the guy that did Metallica Metalluca did Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter in Saikyu which is popular

and the guy that did Kirihoushi is currently doing Souten no Soura which is also popular
LOL, what did you dislike about it? I thought it was a great one shot, don't care about its genericness, but the potential was there for a great One Piece type adventure manga
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
It's definetly not since the majority receives 1 cour animations, not 2. "Won't go past" Really? Based on what are you telling that? We're not even sure if will be 1 cour, 2 cour or more... If that you're hoping for, ok but...

Why make a 2 season cour and then only 1 cour season (assuming what you said will happen) with a non finished arc?
Of Jump series though? It's not common at all for one cour adaptions in this regard. Practically every Jump series ever has had this problem, and it's not limited to them.

Based on guesses, yes. But it's as far as they can go without getting themselves stuck in the middle of an arc, unable to finish it in the allotted episodes. It's called logic.

Could you reword that last bit? I don't understand what you mean.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
LOL, what did you dislike about it? I thought it was a great one shot, don't care about its genericness, but the potential was there for a great One Piece type adventure manga
you answered your own questions it follows the battle shonen formula

they even did the annoying "mc is an underdog" "lol, jk, he have a dark side that makes him overpowered"

and I don't trust the author with its potential

we will probably get something like Demon's Plan if it get serialized
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
you answered your own questions it follows the battle shonen formula

they even did the annoying "mc is an underdog" "lol, jk, he have a dark side that makes him overpowered"

and I don't trust the author with its potential

we will probably get something like Demon's Plan if it get serialized
Imo it's not about uniqueness but execution, but I see where you're coming from
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top