Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I just want something with a bunch of monsters or whatever, all the recent series are trying too hard to do something new. Toteku was the closest thing I've seen recently that I really liked.
and with monsters do you mean beast creatures or does that include humanoid creatures a la elfs, dwarfs, goblins,orcs, ogres ....?
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Weren't you the one who tried setting something up there before?
Yes, and I realized it was a horrible idea that spiraled me into a very very chaotic and depressed state once I realized that in creating /r/JumpMag I invited some of the worst cancer imaginable to this thread and quite possibly ruined it.
I will never forgive myself and still feel embarrassed to even show my face around here after what I inadvertently did.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Reddit is the absolute worst place to have a discussion of any kind. I'm surprised it took you so long to realise that.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I want to see a new supernatural delinquent battle manga with heavy character focus.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Reddit is the absolute worst place to have a discussion of any kind. I'm surprised it took you so long to realise that.
It all depends on the subreddit. There's a lot of subreddits I frequent with great discussions. /r/TrueFilm and /r/AcademicBiblical are great examples.
In fact because /r/manga was so cancerous, I made /r/JumpMag in order to circumvent that, give people who actually care about this subject to have a place to discuss.
Instead, it just brought the worst of /r/manga to this thread.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
and with monsters do you mean beast creatures or does that include humanoid creatures a la elfs, dwarfs, goblins,orcs, ogres ....?
Don't see why it can't be both, but I don't really like high fantasy so I guess the former. Maybe just humanoid monsters, not necessarily other races?
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,332
Age
33
Country
Scotland
I wonder if a proper delinquent manga could even survive these days, the recent ones both in jump and elsewhere have all treated the premise pretty jokingly other than a couple seinen manga.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Don't see why it can't be both, but I don't really like high fantasy so I guess the former. Maybe just humanoid monsters, not necessarily other races?
just checking to see if you don't mind the humanoid monsters because that one Dragon Quest manga from V-Jump mainly have non-humans cast so you might wanna check that out


EVERYONE CHECK JUMP PLUS APRIL'S FOOL IT'S AMAZING!!!

https://sp.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1704/01/
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder if a proper delinquent manga could even survive these days, the recent ones both in jump and elsewhere have all treated the premise pretty jokingly other than a couple seinen manga.
I think a delinquent manga could survive in Jump but it probably only work if it spans around 12 volumes (about 100 or so chapters) any more then that and the story would start getting repetitive.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I think a delinquent manga could survive in Jump but I personally think it world only work if it spans around 12 volumes (about 100 or so chapters) any more then that and the story would start getting repetitive.
Yeah, it's not like Crows or GTO ran forever with tons of spinoffs (yes, not Jump, still long-running shonen delinquent series with very high quality).
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
just checking to see if you don't mind the humanoid monsters because that one Dragon Quest manga from V-Jump mainly have non-humans cast so you might wanna check that out


EVERYONE CHECK JUMP PLUS APRIL'S FOOL IT'S AMAZING!!!

https://sp.shonenjump.com/p/sp/1704/01/
Yeah, I actually did think that looked like something I'd like when I saw it in a bookstore, but I've never actually played Dragon Quest. Plus, you know, it's V Jump.
 

Bigivelfhq

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
846
Reaction score
501
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I specific told you not to say the Slam Dunk dude ;/
And I specifically still told it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I would like to see manga where the people fight by having sex and to win you have to make your opponent cum first.
That already exist! Though is not really fighting, but a team competing against other teams. And yep, it is ******!
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
I was waiting for the concept idea discussion.

Here's mine, I'll keep it simple

Adventure, MC is on the quest to find his sister who disappear 3 months ago (which will explain later on). This world all the gods from other mythology are gone, only their remnants left as relics (like Zeus' Thunderbolt, Poseidon's trident, etc...)

So a mythology/high fantasy manga. MC will start at America then go to "Hawaii", "England", "Egypt", "Underworld", "Scandinavia ", "Russia", "Rome", and finally "Japan" as the final arc.

Monsters/Villains will be monsters from mythology (google it) or villains with those relics.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Yeah, I actually did think that looked like something I'd like when I saw it in a bookstore, but I've never actually played Dragon Quest. Plus, you know, it's V Jump.
just follow your own advice from sunday thread and follow it with volumes and read 1 chapter per week:3c that's what I'm doing with manga I like that is published in magazines with no digital version

have you ever played any jrpg before? FF? Pokemon? congrats you played Dragon Quest with different skin, they just change the attacks name (Fire, Flamethrower, Sizzle) it shouldn't be too hard to get into....I think
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Ideas that I would love to see explored in shounen manga would be:
- Breakdancing in the style of Ballroom e Yokoso but with a more shounen style.
- Skateboarding
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
An extreme sports manga is definitely something that could be a very big hit. Not to mention that in the Tokyo olympics, they've finally enlisted Skateboarding as one of the main events.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Ironically, I translated literally that a while back.
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/battlesexer-seishiro-r17250
when's the next chapter coming out? 10/10 series would read it again, and again, and again :cheez.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I have a fun discussion. Name your favorite top 3 JUMP rival characters whether it's design/personality/development

I'll start

Niizuma Eiji from Bakuman (personality/development)

L from Deathnote (personality)

Ryou from Shokugeki no Souma (personality)

honorable mention: Sasuke Tsubaki from Sket Dance, Toguro from Yuyu Hakusho
 
Last edited:

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
L, Vegeta, and Takasugi.
 

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Bakugo. That's really it. He's such an entertaining character and it's even more satisfying since he changed from being an unlikable asshole in the beginning to the most popular character in the manga. Kinda reminds me of Kumagawa and his overwhelming popularity for a while but Medaka Box's popularity polls were all over the place.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top