Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJin

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2015
Messages
334
Reaction score
241
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Ao no Flag selling more than Illegals? That's awesome! (nothing against Illegal, I just didn't expected).

Like said, finally KAITO is having a success.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Anyone have bets on what the next Jump+ series anime adaptation will be? All the bigger stuff except for Karada Sagashi is a bit too new to be adapted and its been around long enough that it's feeling like studios aren't particularly interesting in picking it up.

We have had random smaller series adapted before though so who knows what studios will find worthwhile.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
my money is on Akuma no Memumemu-chan

Karada Sagashi is catching up to the novel so it will end soon-ish
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
There seem to be only 5 or so series that are even long enough to get anime adaptations. A lot of the stuff there is only about a year old if even.
 

Savi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 7, 2008
Messages
352
Reaction score
357
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
My heart wants a Fire Punch anime but it'll be tricky one to make for TV :(
There is also an option for any anime to be announced any time soon but made in a far future (like Bakuman was announced a year or more before airing)
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
※追記
ソーマと鬼滅カラーはコミックス発売直前記念とのこと
次号、鬼滅番外編7P掲載
しまぶー読切はギャグ

さらに追記
U19作者コメ「早くもコミックス1巻に向け作業中!あぁ夢のようだ。6月お楽しみに!」
Additional Info:
- Soma and Kimetsu's color pages are for their upcoming volume releases in May.
- Kimetsu gets 7 extra pages next issue.
- Toriko author's oneshot is a gag one.
U19 Author Comment:
- "I'm working on the 1st volume right now! It feels like a dream, hope to see you in June!"

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5069263841?pn=2
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,079
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was zumou ended?
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
all his manga and oneshots with the exception of Toriko are gag

maybe gag is his norm and battle is him going outside of his comfort zone?
Well we got our answer -

- Toriko author's oneshot is a gag one.


Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5069263841?pn=2
I don't think Shimabu has problems going out of his comfort zone, i.e

Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! (Comedy) -> RING (Sports) -> Toriko (Battle/Adventure)

I guess when he said he wanted to do more other than gag series, he was probably talking about his next title, not so much one shots.
 

SkerllyFC

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2016
Messages
261
Reaction score
106
Age
31
Country
Dominican Republic
Fairy Tail knows it's dumb, Black Clover pretends to try and follow a serious but non existent story. Takes itself too seriously, despite the occasional comedy moments.
Fairy Tail as flawed as it may be is a far superior manga.
Fairy Tail´s hate is overblown to the point where no one remembers the best stuff it has, or they say "has it ever been good?". I´m not reading Black Clover since the end of the Underwater Temple arc but I can say for sure that I remember more locations and characters in FT than in BC, or more good stuff in FT than in BC. Memorability isn´t the definitive factor for which you´ll like a series but it helps. I can say that when BC ends people will remember more FT instead.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
BC hasn't gotten FT bad yet. FT is atrocious and easily the worst shonen battle manga written. The hate isn't overblown for FT. Ofc you'll remember FT a lot more especially since it's longer and you read it way before BC.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
I feel like a lot of people hate so much on Fairy Tail because of group think.
Yes, it's bad, but early Fairy Tail is so much stronger than Black Clover so far.
I think Black Clover is the worst manga to ever get popular in Jump.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I'm not sure it's the worst ever, but it's definitely the worst that I have personally read. I think it's fun enough though.
 

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
So is Yuragi finally becoming the battle manga with a female cast I always hoped it would be?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
FT might not be as great as it's been but at the same time I've never seen a manga from Chapter 1 get trashed so vicariously, I'm so serious lol. It's all subjective but if it's this bad how much get trashed imagine it being 200-300 chapters in... besides the funny ass comments I don't know what to think of BC so I don't comment on the topic when it pops up. I think FT hate can be overblown lowkey (like post-Pain arc Naruto, it still keeps me interested every week and something to look forward to even if quality wasn't peak) but I definitely understand both sides of the coin.

So is Yuragi finally becoming the battle manga with a female cast I always hoped it would be?
Lmao I was thinking the same thing, the chick was beating ass this chapter. Even my bae Oboro smh. It's been actual plot in Yuragi the last few chapters with Yunna's past and Kogarashi's past coming into focus. Yuragi has been low lately cause of the romance stuff so hope this gets it higher.
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Fairy Tail´s hate is overblown to the point where no one remembers the best stuff it has, or they say "has it ever been good?". I´m not reading Black Clover since the end of the Underwater Temple arc but I can say for sure that I remember more locations and characters in FT than in BC, or more good stuff in FT than in BC. Memorability isn´t the definitive factor for which you´ll like a series but it helps. I can say that when BC ends people will remember more FT instead.
^THIS.

I personally think that overall, FT is much better than people make it out to be. The reason I'm saying this is because of Zeref alone. The way Mashima has written his character is easily the most interesting in this decade or so. Mashima has made it a point to make Zeref the focal point of the series, and he's done a very, very good job at that. I'd put it up there with Arakawa's writing of Hohenheim/"Father".

What people are supposed to be complaining is the battles, and I completely agree with them. The final arc's battles has been a complete letdown compared to Tartaros. And I have a very good hunch the Eileen fiasco was pushed by his editor, given Erza's popularity.

The background was already planned from the start, problem is he chose the wrong character for it.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
I have a good on topic question: what jump series had the best final arc? I feel like many people get disappointed by final arcs more than anything, just cause either they can seem rushed or things are unsolved. Mine would be Dragon Ball
 

Newkerzy

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 22, 2008
Messages
7,560
Reaction score
5,412
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
I would most definitely say Rurouni Kenshin. Probably helped by the fact it never got pushed past the 500-chapter mark.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Dragon Ball's last arc was about as unsatisfying of a finale as you can get, it was a fun arc on it's own but was far from being a good ending (and then there's the final two chapters which felt like Toriyama deliberately trying to annoy fans as much as he could).

But anyways Rurouni Kenshin's last arc was good, it felt like it wrapped up his story and character very solidly and got through pretty much everything it needed to at a decent pace.

Also I always really liked Ichigo 100%'s ending but referring to a romance series as having arcs feels a bit weird.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
I liked Assassination Classroom's final arc a fair amount.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
^THIS.

I personally think that overall, FT is much better than people make it out to be. The reason I'm saying this is because of Zeref alone. The way Mashima has written his character is easily the most interesting in this decade or so. Mashima has made it a point to make Zeref the focal point of the series, and he's done a very, very good job at that. I'd put it up there with Arakawa's writing of Hohenheim/"Father".

What people are supposed to be complaining is the battles, and I completely agree with them. The final arc's battles has been a complete letdown compared to Tartaros. And I have a very good hunch the Eileen fiasco was pushed by his editor, given Erza's popularity.

The background was already planned from the start, problem is he chose the wrong character for it.
No and even if it is much better than people make it out to be, it's still awful. It's just reduced to a manga for shippers. No, it's not. Zeref is pretty bland and most of the characters are awful. Having a bland character as the focal point isn't something to brag about.

Tartaros is probably the peak amount of FT, specifically that moment with Lucy/Aquarius.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top