Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

RafaFedKilla

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2013
Messages
1,727
Reaction score
464
Gender
Male
Country
United States
He doesn't owe us anything. And he's in a position where he can comfortably supply his product whenever he pleases, and it'll still sell.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

You think they get translated? And scans should be popping up soon, right?
I'm not sure if anything will be scanned. Not much was last time. I'll probably buy the first issue at least.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Shonen Jump #21-22 : 24/04 (Official release) : 20/04 (raw)
Shonen Jump #23 : 08/05 (Official release) : 02/05 (raw)

credit to Heiji
So next issue is the one before the break? I wonder if that means viz will do a bonus catch up issue, Dr Stone and RxL only needs one double chapter each to catch up so they'll be fine but We Never Learn will take them quite a while.

Counting it up I think they'd need 7 double chapters to catch up with We Never Learn (or 3 triples and a double), so having an extra issue with 4 chapters or something in the jp magazine's off week would speed things up a lot.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so..... Fire Punch is definitely ending in a few chapters

everyone except Agni, the Ice Witch, camera girl and no legs boy are dead

kinda wondering what will Jump do with the author after this whole (a shitpost taking a life of its own: the manga) is done

I'm guessing they will give a him a spot on SQ since his style is too dark for WSJ

but maybe he will start another manga on Jump Plus and become the face of the app

I kinda want him to do a mecha manga, the arc where Agni fought those criminals inside the robotic suits was cool
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Have we seen any Jump+ original creators move to a physical magazine for their next series yet? I feel like most of the successful Jump+ stuff is still ongoing.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
Predictions of Dr.Stone's first rank
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Have we seen any Jump+ original creators move to a physical magazine for their next series yet? I feel like most of the successful Jump+ stuff is still ongoing.
Nisekoi spinoff dude writes WNL
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Tsutsui had a series in a physical magazine before his Nisekoi spin-off.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
not sure if oneshots counts

Neverland writer released 2 oneshots on Plus before moving to the main magazine
 

Heiji

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
2,547
Reaction score
7,928
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
New so..... Fire Punch is definitely ending in a few chapters
Normaly no. author said in interview will have minimum 6 volumes and maximum 10 volumes. And he know already how manga will end.
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
so..... Fire Punch is definitely ending in a few chapters

everyone except Agni, the Ice Witch, camera girl and no legs boy are dead

kinda wondering what will Jump do with the author after this whole (a shitpost taking a life of its own: the manga) is done

I'm guessing they will give a him a spot on SQ since his style is too dark for WSJ

but maybe he will start another manga on Jump Plus and become the face of the app

I kinda want him to do a mecha manga, the arc where Agni fought those criminals inside the robotic suits was cool
If he doesn't want to do another weekly then him moving to SQ is pretty likely, he's pretty much still considered an SQ artist because of his oneshots. Fire Punch is always included in the info pages for new volume releases and stuff like that.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
so..... Fire Punch is definitely ending in a few chapters

everyone except Agni, the Ice Witch, camera girl and no legs boy are dead

kinda wondering what will Jump do with the author after this whole (a shitpost taking a life of its own: the manga) is done

I'm guessing they will give a him a spot on SQ since his style is too dark for WSJ

but maybe he will start another manga on Jump Plus and become the face of the app

I kinda want him to do a mecha manga, the arc where Agni fought those criminals inside the robotic suits was cool
I wonder what happened? It felt like it had so much left, and then in 2 chapters it just fast forwarded the story lol. Heiji said minimum 6 volumes, but it only needs a few chapters for its 5th, so it could end in a few monhs. Although its on break next week :/.

The dark style of his manga would definitely suite SQ. He just needs to add a few exorcists and he'll be gold.

On another note, anyone know what happened to Worlds End Harem? There was a notice saying its stream on Jump+ would stop (unsure if that means hiatus). Or maybe it was just the app?

Predictions of Dr.Stone's first rank
5th
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I wonder what happened? It felt like it had so much left, and then in 2 chapters it just fast forwarded the story lol. Heiji said minimum 6 volumes, but it only needs a few chapters for its 5th, so it could end in a few monhs. Although its on break next week :/.

The dark style of his manga would definitely suite SQ. He just needs to add a few exorcists and he'll be gold.

On another note, anyone know what happened to Worlds End Harem? There was a notice saying its stream on Jump+ would stop (unsure if that means hiatus). Or maybe it was just the app?


5th
I just checked and the new chapter says next update on April 30, nothing about it stopping.
For some reason the new SQ Crown issue has a different cover in its preview page on the Jump+ site though, which is weird. It's BBBB2B instead of TLRD when you look at its page, but when you click on the actual preview it's the normal cover, maybe they actually are trying to cut down on the lewdness even though that's pretty much what sells there.

Also if anyone remembers Pygmalion by one of the MHA author's assistants, I keep thinking it's going to be ending soon but they apparently gave volumes 1 and 2 reprints recently so maybe it's actually doing well?
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Also if anyone remembers Pygmalion by one of the MHA author's assistants, I keep thinking it's going to be ending soon but they apparently gave volumes 1 and 2 reprints recently so maybe it's actually doing well?
how can anyone forget? I checked this out because I thought it will be fun like bnha

then murderer raping pig showed up
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
so..... Fire Punch is definitely ending in a few chapters

everyone except Agni, the Ice Witch, camera girl and no legs boy are dead

kinda wondering what will Jump do with the author after this whole (a shitpost taking a life of its own: the manga) is done

I'm guessing they will give a him a spot on SQ since his style is too dark for WSJ

but maybe he will start another manga on Jump Plus and become the face of the app

I kinda want him to do a mecha manga, the arc where Agni fought those criminals inside the robotic suits was cool
I know such things are annoying, but could you refer to the deadpool-esque character in Fire Punch as camera boy? One of the very few things this manga did good was to portray him as a transman.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I know such things are annoying, but could you refer to the deadpool-esque character in Fire Punch as camera boy? One of the very few things this manga did good was to portray him as a transman.
I'm not talking about the director

the director is dead

I'm talking about the camera girl that work for the director, I forgot her name
 

Mawara

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
234
Gender
Female
Country
Germany
I'm not talking about the director

the director is dead

I'm talking about the camera girl that work for the director, I forgot her name
In this case, I apologize for my last post. Was used to this nickname for months for him before. How irritating.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
yup, that's the one

I hope Fire Punch get a lengthy ova that adapt the whole thing after the story is done

anime-only plebs reactions would be glorious
 

Bomber D Rufi

Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 3, 2006
Messages
3,930
Reaction score
5,624
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
I asked before, but now that the Togashi shitstorm has ended, maybe people will notice. I'm asking for a friend for a list of editors that worked on Bleach, and when they were editors. Does anyone know, or know where I can go look? Japanese is no problem for me.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Looks like Viz is doing their own Black Clover popularity poll alongside the Japanese one like they did with Academia. I figured they would.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top