- Joined
- Aug 5, 2016
- Messages
- 3,330
- Reaction score
- 5,440
- Age
- 33
- Country
-
With a double issue coming does that mean Its dropping earlier this week
from Jump Ryu (i think?)I asked before, but now that the Togashi shitstorm has ended, maybe people will notice. I'm asking for a friend for a list of editors that worked on Bleach, and when they were editors. Does anyone know, or know where I can go look? Japanese is no problem for me.
no, this week is normal Thursday chaptersWith a double issue coming does that mean Its dropping earlier this week
No, becouse release date in next Monday. So no early Jump this week.With a double issue coming does that mean Its dropping earlier this week
Link to Million Kingdom raw?Recently I discovered Iwamoto Yoshihiro's Rockman X manga series, such an underrated series
now I'm even more disappointed in SW#1 than I used to be
a serious battle shonen about robots would have been so cool, instead we got goofy childish action and high school misunderstandings
well, here is to hoping Million Kingdom oneshot get serialized
it was published in the same Jump Next issue as Red Sprite and Amalgam oneshots so it's not impossible to get a series from it
.
http://imgbox.com/g/DMzk54dyFmLink to Million Kingdom raw?
My opinion about it is that it got a really slow start (we needed those Skeletons like chapter 2 ASAP) and that most of its humor is more miss than hit. Yet at the same time it feels like Tamura has more of a plan where to go with this series and its protagonists than with Beelzebub where the whole "destroy humanity/Oga trying to prevent that from happening/demon lords trying to overthrow Satan/Oga as parent" sort of got throw outta the window expect Oga as parent part and that sadly got mostly taken out too by too many action scenes in the late part which weren't really exciting that much.Here I have a review for Hungry Marie Vol. 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/65wlgn/sfc_manga_reviewshungry_marie_chapters_18/
What's your opinion about this series?
So Beelzebub was all setup no payoff?My opinion about it is that it got a really slow start (we needed those Skeletons like chapter 2 ASAP) and that most of its humor is more miss than hit. Yet at the same time it feels like Tamura has more of a plan where to go with this series and its protagonists than with Beelzebub where the whole "destroy humanity/Oga trying to prevent that from happening/demon lords trying to overthrow Satan/Oga as parent" sort of got throw outta the window expect Oga as parent part and that sadly got mostly taken out too by too many action scenes in the late part which weren't really exciting that much.
Here it seems Tamura keeps action to the short one-panel-resolves for scrubs and tries more to work with the motives of Taiga, Anna and Marie. While I can't think of a way how to make an exciting story about a dead french princess who can open the gates to hell, doesn't mean Tamura can't. Or at least I hope he got some, because we still have yet to see a real antagonist in the story, expect maybe Taiga's grandma who rather see Marie dead than alive, but that's sort of understandable given Marie's powers.
I think it probably needs another 12 chapters before it gets good similar to World Trigger which was also a slow burner till ch.20 though at least that one introduced a real enemy already at ch.1.