Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoyoboyo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2016
Messages
1,463
Reaction score
1,527
Country
United States
Not really a fan of Todoroki. I like Bakugo as a character more. Todo looks too much like an edgy DeviantArt oc lol
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
What is "fujo" anyways, I feel like I'll get a better definition here than urbandictionary. My first thought was the LGBT community and if that's accurate it's alot of fujo in the MHA fandom, I search "my hero academia" on tumblr and besides episode recaps it's alot of yuri and yaoi fan art. I'm just wondering where it came from lol
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,296
Reaction score
7,331
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Fujoshi is another name for yaoi fangirls. It's honestly not much of an LGBT thing, the vast majority of the jp yaoi fanbase are straight girls who find gay anime/manga couples cute/hot (series aimed at gay men are a different genre known as bara).

Shounen series tend to have very strong and very close relationships and rivalries between male characters which can quite easily be interpreted as gay subtext (heck, it's probably deliberate a lot of the time), hence they often attract strong fujoshi followings. Haikyuu for example has an enormous fujoshi fanbase with tons of yaoi doujins at events.

The term fujoshi itself literally means "rotten woman", I think it was originally an insult but got turned into a self-mocking term of endearment of sorts.
 
Last edited:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
no one in their right mind expected a million copy sales boost from the second season, so you're pulling this everybody here remark out of your imagination

but it's getting a boost all of its volumes are lingering around the 100 place mark on daily sales for weeks now

also

bigger rating = more views = more people watching the commercials = more money for the producers = shueisha is one of the producers

it's the most basic stuff
Where have you been in the last couple of months to underestimate people's craziness? XD

I will teach some basic stuff later when I have time.
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
Where have you been in the last couple of months to underestimate people's craziness? XD

I will teach some basic stuff later when I have time.
Not really. I've seen a lot of MHA fans say that it'll be a million copy seller or part of the new big 3 prior to the anime. Thankfully they got a reality check.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Not really. I've seen a lot of MHA fans say that it'll be a million copy seller or part of the new big 3 prior to the anime. Thankfully they got a reality check.
someone said they hoped it will be a million seller before the anime, not before s2 which we're talking about

Where have you been in the last couple of months to underestimate people's craziness? XD
I always lurk here, other than obvious false flagging from a very dedicated troll I haven't seen anyone say bnha s2 will sell a million

1 person =/= everyone in this thread

I will teach some basic stuff later when I have time.
you will be teaching me something? that will be something
if it the golden formula for the manga industry I already memorized it sensei
cute girls + no lewds = very good romance manga :teach

got it
 

xAsum0x

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
1,582
Gender
Male
Country
United States
There's a difference between hoping it'd be one and completely stating that it will be. And aside from trolls nobody said the latter. Nothing wrong with being a fan and hoping it becomes big
 

ChocoBar9

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 29, 2008
Messages
2,955
Reaction score
2,573
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That's how it always goes. Whenever a fan says he/she hopes a series they like does well its always met with cynicism especially something as silly as not being a million seller which doesn't happen often at all. I'm pretty sure Shuiesha is more than happy with the results with results even if some people will never be satisfied.
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
the worse case of I seen this is YowaPeda anime

the characters were constantly taking showers/baths/going to public bathroom etc in every fucking episode after credit scene

just how clean you have to be
 

101nemesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 16, 2012
Messages
3,086
Reaction score
7,183
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
India
It is more like it has an anime going on right now than anything else.
By the way, My Hero Academia is getting the sales boost expected by everybody here? Like, it is already reaching 1 million? :derp
TV ratings don't mean much for Jump without sales increase.
1-2 years from now, we will be able to fully grasp the effects of the ratings on MHA's sales. Although, I expect the popularity of the anime and the series as a whole to reach it's peak during the raid arc. Not assuming the new arcs get better than chapters 50-100.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,720
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
Kogarashi from Yuragi make a great isekai protagonist.

"I was reincarnated as a kokeshi doll." :cheez

bad luck protagonist - check
object - check
hot girl - check
harem - check
superpower - check
There you have it, one Isekai title in Jump. :drmke
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
^dude, I was going to make the exact same comment

cover page said Shinobu will be on the next volume cover so let's hope the butterfly's wings power can carry it to 100k
Dude...I just saw the preview for cover from the chapter spoilers and it looks dope! :bearydance
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Kogarashi from Yuragi make a great isekai protagonist.

"I was reincarnated as a kokeshi doll." :cheez

bad luck protagonist - check
object - check
hot girl - check
harem - check
superpower - check
There you have it, one Isekai title in Jump. :drmke
just read the Greed Island arc from HxH, it's literally about getting trapped in a video game

not Jump, everyone should watch Monster Rancher anime it's the only good isekai ever made

Dude...I just saw the preview for cover from the chapter spoilers and it looks dope! :bearydance
Shinbou is coming for your wallet :hearts
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Not really. I've seen a lot of MHA fans say that it'll be a million copy seller or part of the new big 3 prior to the anime. Thankfully they got a reality check.
That's what I'm talking about. A lot of people here said that it would have a boost bigger than first season when we all know that it is almost impossible, not to mention reach one million, which I also heard here, so either he is not reading the thread or being quite innocent. XD


And about the basic stuff: the majority of the profit for Shueisha obviously comes from magazine and volume sales. We all agree with that right?
Just to make an anime it is a lot of money invested and most of the profit goes to pay the bills. What they really get from anime is advertisement, saying that they earn a lot of money as co-producers is bullshit, it is not like magazine and volume sales by far.
 

savethecat

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
3,330
Reaction score
5,440
Age
33
Country
United States
That's what I'm talking about. A lot of people here said that it would have a boost bigger than first season when we all know that it is almost impossible, not to mention reach one million, which I also heard here, so either he is not reading the thread or being quite innocent. XD


And about the basic stuff: the majority of the profit for Shueisha obviously comes from magazine and volume sales. We all agree with that right?
Just to make an anime it is a lot of money invested and most of the profit goes to pay the bills. What they really get from anime is advertisement, saying that they earn a lot of money as co-producers is bullshit, it is not like magazine and volume sales by far.
At most maybe like 2 ppl in his thread said that it would be a million seller. Not many ppl thought it would get a bigger boost than season one. Most of us just thought it would get a tiny little boost, and that seems to be happening.
And while Shueisha isn't making as much as the do with manga sales, they still likely make good profit from an anime. And even Shuiesha didn't make much from the anime, if the other producers are satisfied with the profit of the season that would give them reason to make more
 

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That's what I'm talking about. A lot of people here said that it would have a boost bigger than first season when we all know that it is almost impossible, not to mention reach one million, which I also heard here, so either he is not reading the thread or being quite innocent. XD
so you were talking about the first season sales while quoting the second season ratings? ok, sure you did

I guess there are people that randomly start talking about shit that ended 1 year ago while talking about current stuff

nice dodging on the everybody in this thread part when you can't even mention like 5 users or something


And about the basic stuff: the majority of the profit for Shueisha obviously comes from magazine and volume sales. We all agree with that right?
first of all, I don't have seat on shueisha investors meeting so I don't know where the majority of their profit comes from and I can't agree on something that I don't know

however being a publication company I assume their main source of profit comes from distributing goods.

Just to make an anime it is a lot of money invested and most of the profit goes to pay the bills.
income =/= profit

this like accounting 101, don't you pay your taxes?

What they really get from anime is advertisement, saying that they earn a lot of money as co-producers is bullshit, it is not like magazine and volume sales by far.
so being a comic company means that money coming from the anime industry sales is not welcomed?

anime are not just promotions they're also products, original anime do exist you know, things that are not based on manga, LN, and video games

and again, I'm not sitting in the production committee meeting, I don't know who got how much

If I'm going to make an assumption I assume that producers are not so generous they adapt anime at their own cost
and after they lose money the make a second seasons? with even more episodes than before? I don't think that's likely to happen
 
Last edited:

WyldViolet

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 25, 2012
Messages
4,108
Reaction score
5,856
Age
33
Country
United States
Since the cast in We Can't Study are all already 3rd years, I wonder if its intended from the get-go to only be a one year serialization?
If that's the case wonder if Jump might give it more leeway given it's at least doing better than the other series in this round so far and a few older series (Hinomaru, Samon, and Gintama) likely not having too much left to go.
Unless of course Tsutsui takes his assistanceship to heart and pads everything out to bafflingly boring and irritating levels of proportion

Also, I actually enjoyed Black Clover quite a bit this chapter. This upcoming tournament should hopefully be fun. Hopefully we get focus on fights that don't involve Aster or fucking Magna.
 
Last edited:

Mammo

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 20, 2015
Messages
4,755
Reaction score
8,897
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
>shonen harem manga not following the cycle of death

I admire the optimism but...

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top