Mag Talk - Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk | Page 352 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirakai

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Scotland
That viz cover actually looks pretty packed consider how bare some of their versions of the group ones end up. Combining the two pages into one definitely helped them.

kencana

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Fujoshi is another name for yaoi fangirls. It's honestly not much of an LGBT thing, the vast majority of the jp yaoi fanbase are straight girls who find gay anime/manga couples cute/hot (series aimed at gay men are a different genre known as bara).

Shounen series tend to have very strong and very close relationships and rivalries between male characters which can quite easily be interpreted as gay subtext (heck, it's probably deliberate a lot of the time), hence they often attract strong fujoshi followings. Haikyuu for example has an enormous fujoshi fanbase with tons of yaoi doujins at events.

The term fujoshi itself literally means "rotten woman", I think it was originally an insult but got turned into a self-mocking term of endearment of sorts.
It's also help that in the past, most female characters exist as love interests that only appeared for 5 pages out of 1000 chapters without any character developments. In Saint Seiya, Jojo, Otokojuku, etc etc etc, you get two men crying, hugging and ready to die for each other. Meanwhile, the female characters ready to slit each other's throats because they like the same guy. It feels like the mangaka put female characters so they can create straight romance and maybe producing baby for the next generations sequel.

What I find funny is.. there's a term for women and men that like BL, but no for men/women that like yuri.

savethecat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Out of Curiosity, what were Gintama's sales like in its peak

Mammo

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
so the manga volume peak was the monster hunter parody arc

that's so random it fits gintama perfectly

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
They should have gotten Yuragi tbh. TLR has 18 volumes, darkness has 18 volumes. Yuragi has 5. Can't complain I guess.

If it does well they will probably pick up Yuragi. Time to sell my TLR import :XD.

TLR has no anime to boost it (or increase more exposure), Yuragi will probably receive an anime.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
To Love Ru is still more famous and the perverted there in the US were waiting way too long already. :derp

ChocoBar9

Reaction score
Country
United States
Seven Seas is getting all the ecchi. :o

I remember a time where Viz was bold enough to license I's and ten pussed out its release with edits. Hard to believe it took more than a decade for TLR to make it overseas and by a different company no less.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
A bunch of questions about TLR on Seven Seas Tumblr. One of the asked if it will be censored and Seven Seas answers that they never censor artwork.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Eww it will be published as omnibus, make sense though. Might have to bite my tongue and get it hopefully if it does well they will take Yuragi. Guess I will hold off buying Yuragi volumes for now :p (I hate omnibus tanko).

Heiji

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Them numbers is sold or print?
Execpt Oricon numbers, its always print.

Ecchi Boy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
They should have gotten Yuragi tbh. TLR has 18 volumes, darkness has 18 volumes. Yuragi has 5. Can't complain I guess.

If it does well they will probably pick up Yuragi. Time to sell my TLR import :XD.

TLR has no anime to boost it (or increase more exposure), Yuragi will probably receive an anime.
To Love Ru is still more famous and the perverted there in the US were waiting way too long already. :derp
Gives me hope that they might eventually pick up Yuragi.
I remember a time where Viz was bold enough to license I's and ten pussed out its release with edits. Hard to believe it took more than a decade for TLR to make it overseas and by a different company no less.
Eww it will be published as omnibus, make sense though. Might have to bite my tongue and get it hopefully if it does well they will take Yuragi. Guess I will hold off buying Yuragi volumes for now :p (I hate omnibus tanko).
Looks like Viz is losing their A game, Which is funny since hasn't licensed any worthwhile shonen or Seinen manga in a long time.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Looks like Viz is losing their A game, Which is funny since hasn't licensed any worthwhile shonen or Seinen manga in a long time.
VIZ had a couple of announcements today and I lost any hope when they announced The Art of My Little Pony. XD
But you know, I think they don't have much choice... What they have to license besides what they already have in ESJ and Magi, the only manga worth of their time in Sunday?

RafaFedKilla

Reaction score
Country
United States
Most definitely, and Kodansha USA is moving to mostly digital releases.

Kadir0

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
How many episodes will Boruto anime get in this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.