Mag Talk Weekly Shonen Jump [2017] - Discussion and TOC Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Yuno does look like a female in the OVA lol but still way better than Asta. It's no secret dude is pretty awful. Still, with how much better Boruto has been in its anime (for those keeping up, Mitsuki is the truth and best new gen character so far) I feel like BC's will good so I'll be tuning in. Do you guys feel like BC could have long runner potential?
 

Koi Kage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2013
Messages
1,210
Reaction score
311
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Change Asta's voice, drop the cgi, make Yuno look like a man and i'd watch it.
I actually thought the CGI was okay it needed to be smoothed out and refined a bit more, but other then that I was okay with it. In my opinion it gave the magic in the OVA a certain bit of well magic when it was used it actually came across as molding the element to your will or that you were pulling/creating a new item from the Grimoire.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
Do you guys feel like BC could have long runner potential?
I think it'll be 50 episodes, like TSE. Whether it has the potential to run longer than that is something I'll have to wait and see. Do we know how many episodes Boruto will be?
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
No clue with Boruto's length but I'm getting long runner vibes. Especially if SP takes the Super route and animates the Vs. Momoshiki arc even after that part was already animated in the movie and presented in the manga, don't want that though I'll be triggered like shit. Maybe that's another reason why it was so delayed with news. BC got announced, what 7-8 months ago? It has filler episode potential so 50 episodes will either be alot of extensions or some filler episodes. I might stay an anime-only with BC if that's the case, won't even touch the manga
 

Pietro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2012
Messages
2,404
Reaction score
817
Gender
Male
Country
Italy
I've read all Neverland chapters out and I have to say that it's really wonderful. I love it, I think that it's one of the best manga serialized in these years
 

Tamil

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 12, 2016
Messages
4,125
Reaction score
5,841
Country
Winterfell
I think it's possible for KnY to reach close to 150k before dropping out of the rankings by volume 11...

KnY will be more successful than BC. I'll await for that day.
 

TyVip

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 30, 2015
Messages
2,721
Reaction score
2,814
Gender
Male
Country
Mariejoa
361,997 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.21
362,805 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.22

*24,993 *,352,042 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.23
*28,571 *,321,402 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.24

:confused::(
 

ruggia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
877
Reaction score
1,080
Gender
Male
Country
South Korea
361,997 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.21
362,805 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.22

*24,993 *,352,042 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.23
*28,571 *,321,402 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.24

:confused::(
your vol 23 data is coming from 4th week, vol.24 is still at 3rd week.
vol.24 also has a limited edition version.
 

tirakai

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
5,297
Reaction score
7,333
Age
33
Country
Scotland
Does anyone know how many chapters each volume of Amalgam had? I'm kind of curious how they 18 fit 3 volumes.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Never mind I managed to look it up (vol 2 is ch 8-13 plus an extra oneshot, and vol 3 is ch 14-19 plus an extra oneshot for those curious).

I didn't know it got a full extra volume only final chapter but I guess that does happen occasionally.
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I've read all Neverland chapters out and I have to say that it's really wonderful. I love it, I think that it's one of the best manga serialized in these years
I'm glad you enjoy it, and yeah, I agree wholeheartedly.
 

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The Promised Neverland has been average since the "event", but the last chapter moved it up a bit in my ranking.
Looking forward to seeing its ranking after the turn of events, it will be very important to determine the future of the series.
 

G_I_A

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2008
Messages
1,089
Reaction score
401
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
It's too soon to judge this "new arc" of Promised Neverland but... I don't know... Mixed feelings so far.
 

Doughboy

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 1, 2016
Messages
4,482
Reaction score
8,341
Country
United States
Neverland's fandom is so small so any outrage would be lowkey. I'm not up to date but I've heard some stuff that recently happened triggered some people, or the opinions were mixed. Haven't truly read Neverland since

Ray's fake death

like Food Wars, I think binging would get the most enjoyment out of the series for me. So I let the chapters rack up then read it through. I'll do that with Stone if it keeps doing well
 

Halloween

Formerly Buranchi
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 20, 2013
Messages
2,545
Reaction score
6,845
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think it's great, but I've been really anticipating the outside world. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg.
 

Scruffy8642

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Messages
1,129
Reaction score
1,057
Age
29
Country
Australia
Yeh, nothing has really happened yet for us to be able to judge this arc anyway. Give it some more time. Hell, most people were expecting them to escape in 20 chs and it took 35+... its never been particularly fast paced.
 

Tanzo

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2016
Messages
1,555
Reaction score
3,766
Country
United States
TV Ratings for past week 5/15 to 5/21:

サザエさん フジテレビ '17/05/21(日) 18:30 - 30 12.6 (Sazae-san)
クレヨンしんちゃん テレビ朝日 '17/05/19(金) 19:30 - 24 8.0 (Crayon Shin-chan)
ワンピース フジテレビ '17/05/21(日) 9:30 - 30 7.6 (One Piece)
ドラえもん テレビ朝日 '17/05/19(金) 19:00 - 30 7.5 (Doraemon)
ちびまる子ちゃん フジテレビ '17/05/21(日) 18:00 - 30 7.5 (Chibi Maruko-chan)
名探偵コナン 日本テレビ '17/05/20(土) 18:00 - 30 6.9 (Conan)
ドラゴンボール超 フジテレビ '17/05/21(日) 9:00 - 30 5.4 (Dragon Ball Super)

アニメおさるのジョージ NHKEテレ '17/05/20(土) 8:35 - 25 3.9 (Curious George)
アニメひつじのショーン NHKEテレ '17/05/20(土) 9:00 - 20 3.1 (Shaun the Sheep)
ポケットモンスターサン&ムーン テレビ東京 '17/05/18(木) 18:55 - 30 3.0 (Pokemon Sun & Moon)
妖怪ウォッチ テレビ東京 '17/05/19(金) 18:25 - 30 3.0 (Yokai Watch)
僕のヒーローアカデミア 日本テレビ '17/05/20(土) 17:30 - 30 3.0 (My Hero Academia)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Issue 26 Cover

June Volumes Releases (Covers)

Issue 27 Preview
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Amazing cover for MHA. The ret i just meh.
 

Nakura

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 25, 2016
Messages
1,564
Reaction score
2,181
Age
30
Country
Ireland
That Hinomaru Zumou cover though. I like MHA's but it has the same problem as volume 13, where I feel Izuku's placement on the cover is slightly off. Chisaki is pretty cool though.
 

TM2

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2017
Messages
155
Reaction score
95
Age
34
Country
Hong Kong
I think that was a deliberate choice on the author's part. Overhaul is going to be a overwhelming force in the story. His presence on the cover compared to the smallish placement of Izuku only serves to emphasize this. The fact that Izuku is only wearing his school uniform rather than his hero outfit may serve as foreshadowing that Overhaul is going to threaten his civilian life as well as his Superhero one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top