Seinen Onepunch Man by ONE & Yuusuke Murata

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
I haven posted anything for some time and would like to know how the info that comes from the original and hasn't being already relealed in the redrawn version is handled here? I haven't read the original comic and don't want to read spoilers. Please. Thanks in advance.
As ONE's series is ahead of Murata's please simply label and include any discussion regarding the Webtoon in spoiler tags.
 

Brandish μ

Taking notes
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 24, 2015
Messages
10,243
Reaction score
33,629
Gender
Male
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
I liked the contrast between Suiryuu and Bakuzan. A strong guy who's been humbled/broken down so much that he realises the value of a hero... and a weak guy who got steroids only to realise his inner bully.

And it's always amazing how you can get hyped for Saitama despite knowing the swift result incoming.
 

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Joined
Aug 6, 2014
Messages
8,036
Reaction score
8,321
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
Saitama is epic, that pretty much sums it up. As mentioned by Brandish, the dynamic and contrast between Suiryuu and Bakuzan is apparent. It was indeed very sad to see Suiryuu humbled. In some darker manga, I guess he would have died begging like that. I hate bakuzan's guts though. In one chapter, he managed to steal the spotlight for the most vile character (recently at least). He is no match for Saitama and even Gouketsu wouldn't have been a match either. I guess the Monster Association is gonna be a huge problem. The one thing they lacked was organization which they have now. The boss will certainly be a handful, wonder if he will be a worthy matchup for Saitama
 
Last edited:

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Man ..... this was one of those chapters that made me wish I waited until the next chapter was out to read it, just as to not wait. :x3
Excellent pov @Holt. I agree completely. I did not think of it that way until you mentioned it. :nod :nod
 

BurnSchulz

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
942
Reaction score
581
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I can see us all beeing fooled when he next chapter totally focusses on something else besides Saitama just to get us beeing hyped more.
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
Few videos are out and we can see some kind of ships. Not sure what is going on.
 

uchiha_albert

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
12
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Paraguay
Yeah, I've seen those too, it looks like a different manga. Maybe he is working on another manga on the side.
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,044
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Saw this parody from reddit

h ttp://imgur.com/IGvJaL7

Just remove the space from http on the link.
Gave me a laugh, so m sharing.
:lmao
 

TrueRaiKage

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
913
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I liked the storyline and the contrasting of characters. But seemed like the author was really reaching or trying to emphasize this duality to set the scene for the inevitable one punch. This kinda dragged a bit, I guess it was to build the momentum of the storyline. Once again I was blown away by the artwork. Panel for panel on some pages were just awesome. Great lines great shading super detail....Bravo
 

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
I actually like Gouketsu's design & his attitude. I hope he avoids Saitama for now; would still want more of him....maybe he can fight one of the Top Heroes like AS or Silver (& lose)
 

Greyback

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 19, 2016
Messages
32
Reaction score
31
Age
37
Country
Belgium
I heard that Murata said on his stream that chapter will be ready tomorrow and with 42 pages! I can't wait!
 

milek

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
2,377
Reaction score
347
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Serbia
He needs to finish 8 more pages until 42.
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Lol @Gouketsu... There was so much hype... And he gets one shoted, and we didn't even get to see the fight... Hilarious XD

I didn't get what Suiryu told Saitama at the end (can't read Japanese), but I hope he wants to become a hero after seeing all that... Another S-class hero having a B-class as his master lol :-)

Ps: I didn't get what they said in the middle, but it looks like something along the lines

Suiryu: "Don't go Saitama, he's too strong for you, you're gonna get killed, I beg you, stay here..."
Saitama: "I'm going"
*Saitama goes after Gouketsu*
Suiryu (to himself): "Noooooooo, he's gonna diiiiiieeeeee, nooooooooo T____T"
*Suiryu hears a big boom*
Suiryu (to himself): "Noooooooo T______T"
*Gouketsu's head falls down right in front of Suiryu*
Suiryu: "WTF?!!"
Saitama: "Man, that was sooo easy. Oh and by the way, don't tell anyone you've seen me in that competition lol".
Suiryu: "Huh?!"

LOL
 
Last edited:

uchiha_albert

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Feb 7, 2007
Messages
16
Reaction score
12
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Paraguay
I don't know jap either, but I'm guessing he's telling Suiryu not to tell anyone he was there.
 

Escanorzoldyck

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2016
Messages
556
Reaction score
419
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I don't know jap either, but I'm guessing he's telling Suiryu not to tell anyone he was there.
Or something like you can take all the credit just dont tell anyone?
 

Aonori

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 13, 2015
Messages
3,437
Reaction score
1,207
Gender
Hidden
Country
Portugal
I liked the content, Bakuzan and Goketsu were decent dragon levels, but Saitama just overpowered them, in 1 punch like he does to all low and med tier dragons, they clearly werent anywhere near Garou´s level of monster potential, if anything monster king will be the one most closest to that in this arc.
 
Last edited:

Kay3795

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 15, 2012
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
2,030
Gender
Male
Country
Nigeria
That was too brutal... I suppose he served his purpose in the end...... He really should've avoided Saitama tho
 

Escanorzoldyck

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2016
Messages
556
Reaction score
419
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
That was too brutal... I suppose he served his purpose in the end...... He really should've avoided Saitama tho
Well he can run but he can't hide
The world is too small for him to hide from saitama
 

mstarsup5

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
169
Reaction score
2,084
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
I'm soooo looking forward to a translation :xp
 
Top