Last person to Post Wins - MissingNo.

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Wait are they gonna nerf my reaper?!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
They just buffed him, or there are buffs on the PTR at least.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
They just buffed him, or there are buffs on the PTR at least.
From what I heard they're removing his souls gathering system on the ptr and adding some lame lifesteal?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
  • The Reaping (Passive)
    • Removed health orbs
    • Now regains 20% of all damage done to heroes as health
Developer Comment: Reaper’s old healing passive was useful if you could kill a bunch of enemies in a row. But since enemies needed to be dead for it to work, it wasn’t very helpful unless the situation was already in your favor. His new passive lets him get immediate benefit from it, especially when fighting Tank heroes, which tend to be larger targets that deal lower damage.

Whats with this ignorant developer comment :notlikethis I don't like this at all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Apparently they are changing his passive to something like that, but not really sure if that's a nerf or not. Lifesteal might end up being better, since his current passive requires enemy deaths.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, it should also make him harder to kill during his Ult as well, so I don't see that change really being a nerf in all honesty.
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Apparently they are changing his passive to something like that, but not really sure if that's a nerf or not. Lifesteal might end up being better, since his current passive requires enemy deaths.
Haven't tested it out, but it seems they intend it as a buff but on paper it seems pretty bad. I loved the souls gathering part, you can collect them during your invincibility and they drop whenever an enemy dies, it doesn't even have to be by your hand. So this developer comment is really weird with "enemies must be dead first", people die all the time. Imo really unncessary change. Maybe better against tanky enemies but they never had a big chance against reaper anyway.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I mean, it should also make him harder to kill during his Ult as well, so I don't see that change really being a nerf in all honesty.
Does it work with the ult? If yes then it's interesting. Still the most common ult stopper in my games are ana sleeps, or stuns like mcree or roadhog so that won't help in those cases.
But even if it ends up being a buff, they're nerfing the fun. No more gathering souls will make him kinda boring I fear.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Well, I'm not saying it's a vast improvement or a solid buff either, just a mechanical change. It's not like what the developer is saying is illogical, but I don't really see the necessity for the change either. One of those things you'll have to experience firsthand to see whether it's clearly better or not, I guess.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Does it work with the ult? If yes then it's interesting. Still the most common ult stopper in my games are ana sleeps, or stuns like mcree or roadhog so that won't help in those cases.
But even if it ends up being a buff, they're nerfing the fun. No more gathering souls will make him kinda boring I fear.
Yeah, it's not really "lifesteal" in a MOBA sense, it's 20% of damage dealt period. So in theory he should be able to take more punishment while it's channeling due to his passive healing him (unless you're CC'd or Ana reduces your healing, I guess).
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Really curious about the numbers and how much it truly heals. With the soul things it was flat 50hp. A regular character has 200hp. So that'd be 40hp from the damage you need to kill the enemy. It's less but gotta consider that it adds you the heal while you're still fighting so it could add some more value. But that value is only in sustain for the current fight, you'll walk to your next battle with less health on average.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
His ult can do up to 500 damage according to gamepedia, and I think that's per target. So if you get a good ult off with enough targets the healing should be pretty substantial.
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Oh that actually totally changes how to deal with his ult. Usually it is just best to focus all damage on him, so he dies before killing many. But now he heals while ulting quite a bit, so it might not be the best approach.
 

Vici

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 28, 2015
Messages
3,413
Reaction score
16,901
Gender
Female
Country
Pyke
The only thing they should touch on Reaper ( And Sombra in that case ) is them giving away the info to the enemy team that they are flanking them while using abilities

(unless you're CC'd or Ana reduces your healing, I guess).
Dunno if that will work on him Sombra hack doesn't disable passive abilities ( I think ) and Ana grenade will probably just like in Winston case if his under grenade effect then he doesn't heal to full while going ulti

Still, the best way to stop his ulti is CC that stops it asap.. The overall change will benefit against tanks but against a character, with 200 hp bar ( or tracer ) Reaper will heal himself less than with souls and will need more help from support or will be forced to run more for the health packs.
 
Last edited:

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
this turned into an overwatch thread lol, i didn't even know what Overwatch was before coming back here xD I wonder who started then dragued everyone into it?
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,600
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
this turned into an overwatch thread lol, i didn't even know what Overwatch was before coming back here xD I wonder who started then dragued everyone into it?
Farfs

But she should've said earlier that she only plays once a month '-'
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
No way, Tina and Ustie would discuss the game here often - and I got lured by it.
C'mon, I play a lot every week, and sometimes at night during the week days, but we're all sick at my place currently, rs.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ustie, no Mharaton this time for you? D:
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
No way, Tina and Ustie would discuss the game here often - and I got lured by it.
C'mon, I play a lot every week, and sometimes at night during the week days, but we're all sick at my place currently, rs.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ustie, no Mharaton this time for you? D:

Yeah, I think I am to blame. I asked here does anyone here play it, when I was about get it, and Tina replied to my call. Ever since ith as resurfaced from time to time. Which reminds me, I got the D.Va skin. No need to stress of the event deadline among all the other deadlines.

I think I'll need to skip. I loved it, but I just have far too much going on this summer.
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Ai, I still need to farm a lot @.@ Need around 400 more to get 2 skins for me (so far I'll get Mei and Sym, but it hurts me to pass on Lucio ;-; )

Ah and I see XD
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
I might get the Mei skin if I still reach the missing 300 or so coins in time. Just because my only Mei skin in the Christmas one, and it feel very inapporiate this time of year '-'
 

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Nov 24, 2007
Messages
3,735
Reaction score
17,766
Country
Torumekian Empire
Dat true. It just hailed couple of days ago. '-'
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Might be though actually smarter/more entertaining, to buy the dances for the heroes I play.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Or well, I don't really play Pharah, but I kinda wanna rock that air guitar '-'
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
From this trailer it seems to adapt until Gourmet Ghoul Arc : let's hope they would do the right order, don't screw up volume 1 and 2.
Whenever it's either good and bad what's the point of live-action movie? Still Ishida worked on it and could give us some clues about Hide. I don't see any interest.
Are you RMG from FTB?
 
Top